(shouting)

DT3 Epilogue - the cutting room raocow

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

DT3 Epilogue - the cutting room raocow

Post by tangy »

Last edited by tangy 4 years ago, edited 11 times in total.
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: "Distorted Travesty 3: Epilogue"

Post by ano0maly »

but the thread is right here

right here
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

It's cool, this thread can take over.

Everyone but raocow allowed to look at this spoiler
I suspect 3-4 videos for this unless he does a longer video like with M&L or has no trouble with a certain part early on. So if you don't like this series, it'll be over quick. :P
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

It is happening again
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so, uhm
is there anything I'm supposed to do to access the epilogue
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

From what a recall off the top of my head, someone volunteered to offer you an appropriate save file?
Chances of me being wrong about this: 300%
video games
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I *did* receive a file but I still don't know how to get to the epilogue. You'll see in tonight's weird video that ended up happening
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

So here's the first step if you were revisiting the game naturally:

Revisit the ending sequence. The dialogue at the end is revised and hints you where to go.

This just hints the player and isn't actually required, so if you prefer to skip that and go directly to the new stuff, then this is where you go:

Where you destroyed the Abomination

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Fun Fact: Had raocow started this 9 days earlier, he would've started this on the three year anniversary of the last episode.
Last edited by SAJewers 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow

Post by raocow »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago So here's the first step if you were revisiting the game naturally:

Revisit the ending sequence. The dialogue at the end is revised and hints you where to go.

This just hints the player and isn't actually required, so if you prefer to skip that and go directly to the new stuff, then this is where you go:

Where you destroyed the Abomination

wait so you have to get out of the final area or...?

ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Yes, you'll need to leave that area.

Another hint is if this content was in the game when you had played it prior, you would have stumbled upon it by accident.
raocow

Post by raocow »

like it's been *years*, is there a 'get back on the map' option in the menu? I feel so bad asking this :oops:
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Do you need someone to spell it out exactly what you need to do?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

There are some warp points you can take that will bring you back to the Magical Castle, which idk if you remember that far back, was where you were launched to the Warship. There IS a teleport option to get out of the castle once you're there, but there's also warps in that place too.

Also you shouldn't feel bad asking about anything. It's a big game and you've been away from it for over 2 years. I think tomorrow and on will be fine.
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Distorted Travesty 3: Epilogue - Epilogue?

Post by Filbi »

As someone who hasn't thought about DT in three years, can someone refresh my memory on the plot?
I change this sig every year for Advent
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Oh I thought we would go back to the origianl thread, especially since rao is continue to number the episodes from 158.

Maybe this and the original thread can be merged, if it pleases the court?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Filby wrote: 4 years ago As someone who hasn't thought about DT in three years, can someone refresh my memory on the plot?
Coming up, hang on
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

I made an lengthy, angry internet rant about the original ending in the past.
The new stuff is everything I wanted and more.
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

OK, point of interest regarding accessing the epilogue: There are 3 lights above the doorway immediately before the second Warship Core that starts the ending sequence proper. I believe, and somebody can tell me off if this is incorrect, that these lights turn blue if you've done everything required.

Now, where to go? Well, you seem to have figured it out yourself - head for

the Abomination, who lives in Great Colossal Falloff or however that's spelled

. There's an

unmarked doorway you can pass through

at the

far right edge of the screen

Also, practicing your movement and such is highly recommended! The new content is, if not Warship-tier, certainly at least on par with Chapter 18+ difficulty. Don't be afraid to pop on Assist Mode to make up for your lack of muscle memory!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Filby wrote: 4 years ago As someone who hasn't thought about DT in three years, can someone refresh my memory on the plot?
It'll be hard to summarize without incuding the first two games for context, so here is a 3-for-1 special:
Distorted Travesty 1: Some programmers create a game-making program, run by an A.I. They nickname it 'The Darkness', because of how secretive it was. Ofcourse, AI is a crapshoot, causes a Phase Distortion somehow, combining a bunch a video games, and pulls in the real world, consuming everything.
This happens at the same time Jerry is trashing an executive's business for smack talking a game he liked, with friend Jeremy providing Mission Control. They get pulled into the new world, and try to figure out how fix things and get back (spoilers: there is no real world anymore). Jerry ends up in Mario, while Jeremy lucks out and ends up on the '4th wall', letting him see into the world's dode, and change what he can (giving him near god-like powers). They learn about the program, the Darkness, and that they can shut it down by collecting several modules, which manifested as Muffins. The Darkness, only interested in protecting itself, sets out to take out all gamers, especially these two, so it does and creates what it can to combat them. One of these efforts is Hexor, an evil AI clone of Jeremy. Eventually, once they finally have a conversation with The Darkness, they come to an understanding, once they convince it they will not be a threat. The Darkness then assists the duo in taking out Hexor (who went rouge), and one of its original programmers, The Artist. He was orignially helping the duo, but only wanted the Muffins to destroy The Darkness (which would have taken the new reality with it), only to cover up his mistakes and save face. Hexor is eventually 'deleted' by Jeremy, but we later learn he was only sent to the recycling bin equivalent: The Vault.
There is also whale that forshadows things.

Distorted Travesty 2: Claire (Jerry's ex-gf) and Chao (Jeremy's sister) investigate an island where weird disturbances happened. Eventually, Jerry and Jeremey show up to, for the same reason, and they discover a new threat, The Virus. Unfortunately, its plan was to lure them away from the mainland, and it wrecked havoc there. Jerry manages to one-shot it's manifestation on the island, but not before Caire loses all her abilties.

Distorted Travesty 3: Once the 4 return, Jerry immediately loses all his abilties as well. The Virus has corrupted a lot of things, and has severely crippled The Darkness, so much so that it can't even talk, or 'think', anymore. Their mission now is to regaining their abilties, and collect the computer chips they need to be able reboot the entire program (they eventually drop calling it The Darkness), the only way to erase the Virus. Along the way, Hexor tricks them into coming too close to the gate to The Vault, sucking them in. They can only break out by releasing Hexor, and a new world threat, The Abomination. It's essentially a bunch of random and dangerous data, spawned by the Darkness before it became sentient. It's also learned here that Jeremy created a computer virus as a contingency plan while they were gathering the Muffins, and 'deleted' it (sent to The Vault), when the alliance with The Darkness was formed. Jeremy just didn't recognize The Virus was his at first, since Hexor changed it so mcuh
To add to this laundry list of world threats, there is also the Warmaster, the leader of a group of hostile bots. His goal is to make a safe world for all bots, no matter the cost, even if that means wiping out the remaining humanity, and friendly bots who won't join. He cannot be reasoned with, and has essentially 'grown beyond his programming'. Without the Darkness to keep him and his group in check, he is finally able to set out on his goal, and forms an uneasy alliance with Hexor (his law plus Hex's chaos).
They manage to collect the chips and reboot the system, but now need some way to tackle the remaining 3 threats, at the same time. Fortunately, the Abomination is simply resting in the desert, for something, letting them do a sidequest of collecting musical instruments, so they can soothe the beast and destroy it. As for the remaining 2, there is nothing simpler than direct confrontation on their Warship. Hexor is finally taken out first, and the Warmaster will never give up on his goal, so he is be beaten as well. All that is left is shutting down the Warship itself, but unfortunately Hexor took away all their abilities, going foward, in their fight. Warmaster's room was an exception. This forces Jeremy to step down from the 4th wall, permanently (thanks to the Virus crippling the program), to do it himself. And then we saw today's video
Is that a good summary, Zephyr?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I guess this is to be expected jumping straight into the end of the game after so long. I think if the preceding events were more fresh, what you have to do next is a lot more intuitive than just jumping in with minimal context. Hopefully the re-learning curve in gameplay once raocow gets to the actual epilogue isn't too steep.

Jerry and Claire lost their abilities (including the dash) in the final fight against Hex, which is why Jeremy is running around in his mech suit in their stead at the start of the save file.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Summary looks fine to me.
Mea

Post by Mea »

Is ASMT-lore Artist a reference to the Artist that's referred to in that summary?
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

The fact that it's been four years since the DT3 LP makes me a very sad potato. I remember downloading the demo way back when there was only like one level finished. My existential fears of growing old are at maximum now.

Anyways, the DT LPs were always some of my favorites. I really do wish we could have a DT4, but obviously, it's not meant to be. I don't understand how Steam can allow all manner of garbage on their storefront, but this somehow isn't on there. DT3 in particular deserves to be a full-priced game, and ZephyrBurst et al. deserve a lot more recognition for the great job they did.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Distorted Travesty 3: Epilogue - Prologue?

Post by Awoo »

I have no idea what this game is like or know much of anything about it, so like Copy Kitty I think I'll sit this one out too

Truhan wrote: My existential fears of growing old are at maximum now.
Same
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image