(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by thatguyif »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago
thatguyif wrote: 4 years ago I just don't trust the creator to do a good job of this.
Look, I was one of the testers for this game.
Okay, dude, whatever.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Epic post bro
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I wonder how well Henry Hatsworth is really going to go. It was on the DS for a very good reason, with its gameplay, after all. Like, are we going in keyboard and mouse? Controller and mouse?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: COMING UP NEXT...-ish

Post by Awoo »

I seriously though that Henry Hatsworth was just a funny inside joke on the Talkhaus for Professor Layton until I just looked it up now. Apparently it's actually an outside joke :ehh:

In all seriousness, Professor Layton games always

start out somewhat normally but become batshit weird by the end, don't they? Heck, even the movie had that to a serious degree.

The world needs more of Professor Layton's theme.

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago I wonder how well Henry Hatsworth is really going to go. It was on the DS for a very good reason, with its gameplay, after all. Like, are we going in keyboard and mouse? Controller and mouse?
Henry Hatsworth can be played without the touchscreen. You can use the D-pad and buttons for puzzle mode.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

The Doctor wrote: 4 years ago
Grounder wrote: 4 years ago I wonder how well Henry Hatsworth is really going to go. It was on the DS for a very good reason, with its gameplay, after all. Like, are we going in keyboard and mouse? Controller and mouse?
Henry Hatsworth can be played without the touchscreen. You can use the D-pad and buttons for puzzle mode.
Fair enough, then.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

kitikami wrote: 4 years ago I think the epilogue is worth watching even if you did not like how the story ended, at least for an episode or two to see what it involves.
Make that two or three episodes.
WYE

Post by WYE »

Not sure if this is the place to post this:

The official collab hack for VLDCX (SMW Central's 2018 Vanilla Contest) has been discontinued, so if there were any plans to play that at one point, you might as well play the entries separately now instead of waiting for the collab.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

aw man, that's unfortunate
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I don't know where to put this so I guess this will do

This is just a head's up that after the current lists are done, I will probably retire the notion of an 'a-side'. There still would be videos in the morning and in the evening, at the same time, but the distinction between a and b has become so muddled that I think it's gotten useless. The a-side made sense when there was a lot of romhacks and smbx episodes that peeps where excited about but I feel like that time is over, and I'm growing more and more open at playing a variety of things.

Naturally, whenever a big romhack or episode or whatever, I would definitely make it a priority to play it. But in between, rather than struggling to find stuff to play, I think I would rather just play things that seem interesting, you know?

The ultimate showcase of how silly this is, like, twice now I've played mario 64 hacks, right? These games have nothing to do with traditional mario 2d games, they are set-up differently, the goals are often extremely different, they are completely different games, but I'd play them in the morning because Mario's face is in there. Meanwhile, in the future I'll be playing a Hat in Time but this time on the b-side because instead of mario it's a girl. And Rayman Origin was some 2D gameplay, and it also had to live it up in B. It's just weird, right?

Anyway. I think this should be fine. I'm aware some of you don't care at all about this side and that side, but I know some people do, and I guess for those who do advance warning is good.

Though like I said I'll still be finishing the current list in it's entirely before the chaos begins.

Because man, *man* it's funny thinking that DK64 is going to be the last A game. The least 'a' game ever.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

That's wild but makes sense
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

gonna be weird only having a b side with a half finished casette tape glued onto the wrong side
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

forgot to ask this when you were putting feelers out in the spotzone yesterday, but what's the plan if you finish one of the sides way before the other?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow

Post by raocow »

If A ends first, I'll split b in half and put that half there.
If B ends first, I'll repopulate B a little bit with patreon input as we wait A out
raocow

Post by raocow »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago gonna be weird only having a b side with a half finished casette tape glued onto the wrong side
welcome to the remix generation
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

B will end first since DK64 is gonna take two years
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago B will end first since DK64 is gonna take two years
man I said that about La-Mulana, don't doubt raocow's ability to cut through the absurdity of games with his own razor-sharp absurdity, honed from a decade of purest nonsense
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Does this mean 2-D Mario games will get folded into Pat-a-Pan polls? The alternative of ending Pat-a-Pan polls seems exceedingly unlikely.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago
man I said that about La-Mulana, don't doubt raocow's ability to cut through the absurdity of games with his own razor-sharp absurdity, honed from a decade of purest nonsense
The thing is that DK64's main issue isn't high difficulty or being obtuse.

It's sheer tedium.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Unrequested comedy option: Morning video is a mix of "A-side" and "B-side", afternoon video is sitting down and playing Multitask on camera for 15 minutes and whatever happens happens
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 4 years ago
Crow

Post by Crow »

My understanding of DK64 is that it's stupid long not because it's obtuse but because you have to play every level at least 5 times

I'm not being literal in expecting it to take that long but I also don't expect it to like. Go well
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago My understanding of DK64 is that it's stupid long not because it's obtuse but because you have to play every level at least 5 times

I'm not being literal in expecting it to take that long but I also don't expect it to like. Go well
That's for 100%, as long as you put that notion far far far outside your head from early on it's a lot more acceptable.

It's still a ridiculous treadmill of a game, monstrous in size and scope.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Yeah but we're talking 100%cow here. Him not going for 100% is generally the exception when it comes to any game outside of the C-sides

...not that I recommend it for this game.
raocow

Post by raocow »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago Does this mean 2-D Mario games will get folded into Pat-a-Pan polls? The alternative of ending Pat-a-Pan polls seems exceedingly unlikely.
even that is gonna change because the current system doesn't quite work very well at all

and like now, if I see a mario 2d game that I want to play, I'll shove it there in priority to anything else