(shouting)

So I had a dream last night...

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Re: So I had a dream last night...

Post by BurntTenda »

Ashan wrote: I had a dream that I went to see Avengers Endgame and they ended up showing us 3 hours of Charlie Brown holiday specials and it wasn't until it was over I was like "hey, was that the right movie?"
Honestly, I'd probably do the same thing in real life

Um
I was going to mention the dream I had last night
But
I forgot what it was
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: So I did have had a dream last night...

Post by Awoo »

I had a dream last night that I went to one of my favorite restaurants in town that I ate at earlier that day before but it took forever to get my food. It was still super delicious.

Cajun food is seriously underrated

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So not a dream, but I woke up with my pillow case to the left of my hip. And the pillow to my right was missing its case.

I have no memory of this. And taking these cases off and on is not easy, since my pillows are big fat things. Uhm...

The last time I did something in my sleep was chuckling during a family vacation. Almost 19 years ago. It's a little disconcerning...
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

I dreamt some anime opening song that I can't figure out what it is and what anime it was featured in. All it does is playing the chorus part repeatedlt in a sad way and that's it.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: So I did had a dream last night...

Post by Awoo »

I had one a few nights ago. I was a mercenary in Venezuela, and had to smuggle myself across the border through someone's house that was apparently on the Brazilian side. Had to meet up with my unit, dodging fire down tight alleys
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I dreamt there was a glitch in the talkhaus that anyone with a page topper could control the topic, like the OP can.

I think I've been browsing here for too long.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Quadro
Heh heh.

Post by Quadro »

I sleep like a log. I rarely remember my dreams. But when I do remember them, they look oddly realistic. Like, I won't realise they're dreams until after I've woken up.

The weirdest dream I've had, was where I woke up and walked to school (which is weird, because I have to drive to school) and went to class up till second period and the day kept repeating. I'd wake up again and go to class. That's it

"You are loved and you matter, whether you want to or not."
-raocow, 2023

"Wherever you are tonight,
I wish you the best of everything."

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

An annoying type of dream I've had in the past is that if I'm wearing a hoody, it keeps covering my eyes, so I can only see the bottom half of my normal FOV. And no matter how many times I tried to remove the hood, it resets. This happened in several different dreams, didn't matter what the contents were (like chasing a dragon with my dad and sister).

This happened becuase I was sleeping on my face during thoses times. Annoying how the real world can affect your dream like that.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I had a dream where I found myself in a cave in a desert.
There were a bunch of people walking around in it, but something just wasn't right about them.
I eventually made it past them and got outside.
I walked by a very tall lady who threw me into the air.
I was in the cave again, and eventually got outside again. The tall lady was not there any more.
After climbing up on to a ledge, I met a two-headed girl who pushed me off of it.
Again, the cave.
After getting out this time, I eventually found a guy with a weird hat who I could just sit down with.
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565

Post by Kshaard »

Here's my post-waking-up reanalysis of (what I remember of) a dream I had a few days back.

I was trying to go on holiday somewhere (a place called Peru in Germany maybe), but, having no understanding of geography at the time, I must have taken the wrong flight, and ended up who-knows-where. Came across a fairly informal-looking superhero-training academy, and came to the conclusion that my superpower was flight. Because, obviously. But no matter how hard I concentrated (it was very much a mental rather than physical process), I couldn't get the flying thing to work. I maybe managed to jump a little bit floatier than normal, but definitely couldn't sustain anything. Later, on the other side of town, I was practising trying to get my brain in gear in order to fly properly, and after a few false starts, I actually succeeded. Then there was this majestic flying-through-the-city scene. Gaining altitude was pretty hard, but in general it was great fun. Landing on top of some big tall building nearer to the academy place, I took a bit of a breather, commented to myself on the fact that I was having a dream, then went back down (jumped?). But when I tried to demonstrate my new-found ability to the others, it wouldn't work. Just couldn't concentrate properly. It was gone. And none of them would ever know . . .

And then I woke up. But that's more than enough to be getting on with.

After waking up, and immediately before, I thought "Wow, that's actually a pretty cool plot". I was mostly aware that I was dreaming, while still complaisantly playing the role of the protagonist in the story. It was a strange combination.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
Quadro
Heh heh.

Post by Quadro »

[NIGHTMARE WARNING: GORE & MURDER
DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS STUFF]

I had a dream where I was back at college, and as I was driving off, one of my classmates killed a bunch of other students. There were what looked like bloody tire marks all over the street. Cops were everywhere. And then one of my friends jumped on the hood of my car with a creepy smile on his face. He told me that he had done this and that he wanted to talk to me. My gas tank was almost empty, so I stopped at a gas station that was right by the school. I pretended to fill up my gas tank, trying to keep him there for as long as I could. I was able to call the cops and tell them where he was.
And then I woke up.
I felt like I needes to document this otherwise I would forget. Sorry if my story offends you.

-raocow, 2023

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Did you tell your friend this?
Maybe have a cop nearbye, just in case.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Quadro
Heh heh.

Post by Quadro »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Did you tell your friend this?
Maybe have a cop nearbye, just in case.
Well, he moved a while ago. And I don't really talk to him much anymore. So I should be ok.
Emphasis on should.
....maybe I should call him....

-raocow, 2023

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I had a dream last night where there were a bunch of children that came over and wanted to play a game.
After failing to get it to work, we ended just putting some movie in.
Somehow we ended up at a bank and watching another movie, and I remember being disappointed by the ending.

After that my dream somehow became one about zombies, except they just weren't called that. For some reason, a friend of mine was there and I knew he was infected, but he wasn't attacking anyone so I never told anyone about him. After that, my sister wanted to take me to my aunt's, and on the way I realized I forgot to grab a charger or anything. She gave me her credit card just in case.
While on the way, there was a car with three guys following behind us.
My sister pulled into a nearby driveway, where the other car ended up getting stuck somehow.
And then, my sister started talking about people drowning themselves in cheesecake during awkward social situations.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Usually my dreams are stupid nonsense but I'm actually kinda impressed my subconscious came up with this one

Someone played a prank on me where they got like 50 dogs that were all identical to my dog and put them throughout my house while I was asleep so I couldn't figure out which one was mine. They even copied the orange custom collar with his name on it, but did weird variations on his name to make things more confusing.

My strategy to figure out which one was mine was to go around saying commands my dog knew like "treat" to see which one responded, and the first time it seemed like it worked so I grabbed that one, but I still didn't know what to do with all these dogs, or if I was willing to risk accidentally having selected the wrong dog while my actual dog gets sent off to the gulag or wherever you send dogs you don't want
Quadro
Heh heh.

Post by Quadro »

I had a dream where my sister and I stayed up all night watching what I think were old rom-coms or just old tv in general. It looked like it was from the 70s. As I was telling her to go to sleep already and turning off the tv, I woke up.

It was kinda surreal.

-raocow, 2023

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I've been having a mostly recurring dream about a strange house.
I eventually found myself in an attic where there was some floating eyeball monster going to break through the window if I failed to open the door in time.
Of course, I got it open, and then had to jump out of a window and into a swimming pool.

There were a couple of Metroid like things floating around in the air. One of them latched on to my leg as I was going into the pool, but their weakness just so happened to be water.

Some other people came into the pool, but I noticed there were some strange plants starting to grow around it, which I suppose I remembered from the last time so I decided to go back into the house.

Here, I had to run past an open doorway so that I wouldn't get spotted by a monster, but there was another one in the room I had to run through. After narrowly escaping, I went through a couple of rooms and eventually found myself near the kitchen.
At this point, I realized that I forgot about the refrigerator puzzle where I had to figure out how to get power to it, so my dream just kinda ended there.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

Had some weird nightmares last night I can't really remember, but I guess that's what I get for watching most of Ghost in the Shell: SAC before bed. Didn't help that some super weird shit happened early today and I had a rather complicated day at work. All worked out in the end.

Basically, if you don't want an existential crisis, don't drink too much, watch an obtuse, philosophical show, and go to bed with less than 6 hours before you have to install heavy equipment the next day. :ehh:

here, have a hamburger

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

I had a dream of buying nonexistent GameCube Classic and playing Twin Snakes on it. It was longer than I expected.
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Quadro
Heh heh.

Post by Quadro »

I had a weird dream.
So I was riding on a motorcycle, with no shirt on, returning home from a secondhand store. I got to my old house, and started changing in my old man's room. Then, I look at the tv. It looks normal, but instead of a cable box, it's a Digital clock. And it went off. It was so loud that I couldn't hear myself think. I pressed every button on the box, but nothing happened. I unplug it, music still plays. Then my old man comes in, just staring, trying to tell me something. I can't hear him. At this point I'm just hitting the box to no avail. Then I wake up at home. I tell a few friends on Discord about my dream, and they laugh at me.

Then I wake up for real.

-raocow, 2023

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

gotta write this down for aspiring game makers, because i want to play this

i dreamt about an open world indie Star Ocean type game mixed with Mass Effect? you're playing as a private of some space military and it begins after a peaceful artificial world where a lot of the worlds' many species and people coalesce together in unity and prosperity is attacked by strange otherworldly beasts and you're unable to stop the death of a bunch of people, so you rise through the ranks and travel through the worlds (there were like 8, you could select from a map, they were open world, but like SaGa rather than a huge sandbox like Bioware wanted Andromeda to be) to save the universe.

you could romance (no sex, all ages game) party members kind of like Sakura Wars or Summon Night (does sn count w), of any gender, including a lion man alien because ofc who do you think dreamt this. battles were kind of like a Tales of Eternia footage i saw earlier yesterday mixed with Legend of Legaia, you basically had a 2D arena and you attacked in real time, but it used a sort of fighting game mechanic (six button or four button? not sure) with the option to place specials in a sort of hadouken/qcf motion for normal specials and a charge/kikouken motion for specials that could be charged depending on how long you pressed the forward motion (i'd probably use the back motion for charging though).

there was also weird Stargate influence with a side character being based on Macgyver-era Richard Dean Anderson, even being from the 80s. might be based on Leonard from Summon Night 2 because i was translating Summon Night 1 text yesterday. it was also partially comical, partially serious in tone.

name of the game was Amongst the Stars or something.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

oh shoot we got a dream thread? why didn't anyone tell us? our most recent one we have written down, verbaitim as we wrote it:

"We took a nap and we had a dream we were playing Splatoon 2 and we got matched up with a team who literally would just, go to the center of the map and chill. Not ink any terrain, not fight, just, actually begin chilling with their own unique animations that are absolutely not in the game (think the weird Zelda Ocarina of Time ad where he just chugs soda without player input). We tried to splat them for the heck of it, and if they did that, they'd immediately just casually walk over and return and keep chilling.

They Just Chilling"
KobaBeach wrote: 2 years ago name of the game was Amongst the Stars or something.
&: "Along Us"
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

i dreamt raocow was playing a hack that was multiple hacks in one and he was having a hard time beating the evw stage until he got it but it froze on him, so he just went towards the generic japanese hack stage instead

the evw stage also almost broke the game with its asm, the game chugged and the semi layer 2 scroll platforms barely worked. that's why it crashed

i was also playing it but on a controller with fast forward on L which ew
Image Image
camwoodstock
raocow play floigan brothers on dreamcast
First name: Cam & Tori
Pronouns: her/him

Post by camwoodstock »

as yet another excerpt from our cache of written down dreams:

"We very nearly fell asleep in the car. Before sitting back up, we saw the Deltarune introductory cutscene, where it's going over there legend, but after "A HUMAN, A MONSTER, AND A PRINCE FROM THE DARK.", there was a slide with a fourth "character": a splat charger from Splatoon, and the text beneath said "sqonkly" in all lower case underneath it."

&: ...And then I made it, obviously. ;P
"dingus prime, the alpha and omega of utter spoons"
~camwoodstock | she/he (genderfluid) | :bi_pride: :genderfluid_pride: | &: Tori (she/her) | The Wall of Turner
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

I was testing aterraformer and another SMWC user's stages. The SMWC user's was an ice stage with a block pushing puzzle and the perspective was isometric and slanted, similar to Popolocrois. There was also a mechanic involving a water jug P-Switch, but it always filled up to like a quarter then stopped, even when placed in a small niche where there was constant water flowing.

After that it was a stage where the aesthetics were basically flesh-based, and the camera moved with flip scrolling like Legend of Zelda, but in a 3D space. The enemies were strange sperm-like snake things. The water was colored like blood, I was really thirsty and tried to get some to drink but it just wound up in the glass all red and weird looking.

After that I dreamt that I was in school and I had to use the bathroom and get a proper glass of water since the blood water looked fucking gross. I got really annoyed at a girl for putting her credit card in while I was unlocking the elevator after putting in the coins. We got really mad at each other for getting in the way and she was like "Are you gay or something?" and I was like "Yes, actually do you have a problem?" and she was like "Yes, I do. Figures."

Her boyfriend, a classic Puyo Puyo fan later fake-chokeholded me, being homophobic and I nearly beat him up, chasing him down the street (this took place downtown for some reason) with me yelling "Next time I see you, I'll rip your fucking head off!". This caught the attention of the Attack on Titan fanclub leader who is a right winger and I got worried he'd physically assault me, so I just ran and told the Shin Megami Tensei fanclub leaders who are antifa as fuck to go at him. Literally just said "Maya, Tatsuya, get his ass!"

I later hung out with the Shin Megami Tensei club members as they kept me safe from the right wingers. I told them the only games I played were Kyuuyaku and a Chie cosplayer was like "Whoa you started with (purposeful mispronounciation of Kyuuyaku Megami Tensei)?" and I explained that I actually had fun and really enjoyed the games, but when I was reminded of the level dropping enemies I was like " makogoggles ", a Yui from K-On look alike also did the same thing, basically:

We went down to an ice cream parlor to get some lunch, I wanted lots of nuts in my ice cream, but the woman at the counter got worried about me possibly being allergic to it, so I just went with the berries. I also really just wanted to go to the bathroom and get a proper glass of water.

This was one of the few school based dreams that wasn't pure suffering I've had in the past few years.
Image Image