(shouting)

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Bowser's Last Stand

Post by raocow »

yeah like during the day I got a fan and a window ac unit going, but I have to turn them off while recording because it pollutes my audio. Superstar being game number three means that by the time I get here I'm really sweating it.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago yeah like during the day I got a fan and a window ac unit going, but I have to turn them off while recording because it pollutes my audio. Superstar being game number three means that by the time I get here I'm really sweating it.
So when is the mush badge going to be your Youtube avatar?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
SirChasm
Just here for the music guessing contests.

Post by SirChasm »

One, it'd be the Great Force, since badges don't have individual sprites; two, that's going a bit far.
That, and it'd be the Mush Badge AA.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Bowser's Last Dance

Post by Awoo »

Thank you, Melody
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

raocow wrote: 4 years agoyeah like during the day I got a fan and a window ac unit going, but I have to turn them off while recording because it pollutes my audio. Superstar being game number three means that by the time I get here I'm really sweating it.
Maybe you should consider like a ten minute break to run the ac between recording sessions or something then? Might help make it more tolerable at least.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago yeah like during the day I got a fan and a window ac unit going, but I have to turn them off while recording because it pollutes my audio. Superstar being game number three means that by the time I get here I'm really sweating it.
See about a cheap pc tower fan with low dB.

Or learn to filter noise on the software level in post. Since it's just you talking, you don't need to worry about audio quality.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Sebby19

Re: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Super Talking Time Bros. 2

Post by Sebby19 »

Fire Bros. was available since is a Fire attack, not a Hammer Attack. So while it causes a plot hole, Luigi will still have for his part.

You should try Thunder Bros. on the next group of enemies. It's the easiest Bros. Attack to perform since the A button isn't involved at all.

If you ever return to the Winkle Colosseum, here the the Hee Bean rewards:
Score = Beans
21 = 2
25 = 3
29 = 4
35 = 5
40 = 7
Chukola Bounce is a good place to earn Hee Beans as well, but the arcade in Little Fungitown is easier. This is the last minigames that gives Hee beans!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

xnamkcor wrote: 4 years ago
I think he means a fan fan.

Remake notes:
  • The Winkle you pay more money to has a slight script edit. It's meant to make clear that you only have to pay the entry fee once to play this mini-game.
  • Winkle Colesseum in the remake gives you a proper timer in lieu of the snail's movement, as well as a score to beat.
  • The Barrier Mushrooms actually function as a quasi-extension in the remake. The balls actually bounce off the barrier.
I will say that the Bean Fruit is not important...yet. Furthermore, keep in mind where you found it...and that you've dealt with that type of patch before.

Also, hey there Smight, when you gonna get raocow on Arcade Pit
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

i don't know if i've ever noticed that bean fruit

are just recolored yoshi fruit

before
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
WhimWidget
WhimWhimWhimWhimWhim

Post by WhimWidget »

Alice wrote: 4 years ago
raocow wrote: 4 years agoyeah like during the day I got a fan and a window ac unit going, but I have to turn them off while recording because it pollutes my audio. Superstar being game number three means that by the time I get here I'm really sweating it.
Maybe you should consider like a ten minute break to run the ac between recording sessions or something then? Might help make it more tolerable at least.
It could also be a nice rest for eyes staring at the screen for consecutive hours.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I know Popple was by himself this time, but I think when I played, I felt that this fight is a bit too easy for a later boss. It's the third time you battle him and he doesn't seem too much of a challenge.

At least it's interesting that he steals your hammers and uses them against you. He also has an attack where he goes to get his thief bag and tosses a bunch of stuff from them (start at 1:59):

Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Super Taking Time Bros.

Post by Awoo »

Oh, man, kinda disappointed that the Colosseum wasn't more like the Colosseum of Fools or at least some kind of boss rush. Not even like an arena from a Fire Emblem game.

Oh well, can't win 'em all :ehh:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

raocow finally did the luigi bro move :rao: :rao:
ImageImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago Oh, man, kinda disappointed that the Colosseum wasn't more like the Colosseum of Fools or at least some kind of boss rush. Not even like an arena from a Fire Emblem game.

Fairly sure there will be that type of thing in post game; at least, there is in future installments of the series.

3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

After the first Beanstar piece, which involved going to new areas and seeing some interesting things along the way, I, like raocow, was expecting something of a similar scale for all of the Beanstar pieces. But since then raocow's merely opened small side areas in places he's already been so that he could play two minigames and fight a boss.

I forgot about this fight with Popple by himself (though I don't seem to remember anything at all from this part of the game). Regardless, I was kind of looking forward to seeing raocow wipe the floor with this boss, but he kept messing up his bros. attacks. Though even with him messing up his attacks, he was still doing impressive amounts of damage. Also, Popple finally got a chance to show off more of what he can do, so that's nice.

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Ivy wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago Oh, man, kinda disappointed that the Colosseum wasn't more like the Colosseum of Fools or at least some kind of boss rush. Not even like an arena from a Fire Emblem game.

Fairly sure there will be that type of thing in post game; at least, there is in future installments of the series.

Nope, there is no boss rush or post game. Same thing in the remake, still no boss rush :( And Winkle Colosseum would've been a good place to shoehorn one in too.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

raocow, are you aware that you're only supposed to press the buttons in bros moves when mario and luigi glow red/green? It's not just random arbitrary timing, it's just any time that they are glowing. This might sound patronizing/telling you something you already know but you said that you didn't understand why the timing didn't work today.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

thatguyif wrote: 4 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 4 years ago
I think he means a fan fan.
Is a PC fan not a real fan?
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

xnamkcor wrote: 4 years agoIs a PC fan not a real fan?
Considering that the context was raocow talking about how hot his room was and not his computer, no, not really.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Alice wrote: 4 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 4 years agoIs a PC fan not a real fan?
Considering that the context was raocow talking about how hot his room was and not his computer, no, not really.
What if I told you computer fans can cool things that aren't computers?

PS: Unless raocow is a computer, which is fine too. I don't judge.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Bowser's Nightstand

Post by Awoo »

xnamkcor wrote: 4 years ago PS: Unless raocow is a computer, which is fine too. I don't judge.
His avatar is a computer, does that count? nyoro~n
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
warpio

Post by warpio »

moving your computer so that its outward blowing fans are facing you is pro strats
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

warpio wrote: 4 years ago moving your computer so that its outward blowing fans are facing you is pro strats
Fill your tower with ice cubes. Evaporative Cooler.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago raocow, are you aware that you're only supposed to press the buttons in bros moves when mario and luigi glow red/green? It's not just random arbitrary timing, it's just any time that they are glowing. This might sound patronizing/telling you something you already know but you said that you didn't understand why the timing didn't work today.
he stated in the patapon spotzone he's not reacting to the visual cues, he's internalizing the timings and going off memorization.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

kinda hard to internalize the timing without knowing what the timing is
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.