(shouting)

chico virtual wario tierra

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: chico virtual wario tierra

Post by Leet »

No. It's illegal
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: chico virtual wario tierra bahn mi

Post by Awoo »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago No. It's illegal
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

someone cared enough to link it so that's good enough for me
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Well, no, It's a Virtual Boy game. No one talks about Virtual Boy games. It's pretty fun though.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

The stories behind the virtual boy are kinda neat. A lot of games released for the VB seemed to have been in incomplete states. There were also a ton of games that were announced and never released, one of them would have been a sequel to F-Zero. It looks like the plan was for some of theses unreleased games to be killer apps that would sell the system, but then everyone realised the system sucked, so it was cancelled.
Since we're on the topic of virtual boy games that were not terrible, here's two I found.
Jack Bros is a Shin Megami Tensei spin off, and the first game in the series to have a North American release.
Insmouse No Yakata / Insane Mouse Mansion / House of Innsmouth is a basic survival horror game. It was Japanese only. There were plans for a North American, release but it was scrapped, likely because the system failed. Lots of Japan only VB games had plans for wider release before the system was discontinued.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Here's a tangentially related, interesting thing of note -- the Virtual Boy is no longer sitting alone as the only Nintendo console on the list of commercial failures in video games Wikipedia entry. The Wii U is now nestled snugly right next to it. Yup, that thing really flopped harder than you might have though.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I think I remember an image of Mario walking around in safari gear.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

wait⁛⁙ like no way this is what a virtual boy game is like⚟ i always heard that it was super bad and stuffs⚊but eye·strain and whatnot aside, the parallaxing and waving distortions in the water and everything is just kind of amazing✧゚all the better by being wonderfully animated with some crazy cool sprite art ´・ᴗ・` i love the saw-sharks, they are adorabel❢❢

also i actually really like the chromatic aberration and purples in the first episode ♡♡ though i totally get not everyone would be able to watch like that▸so fair enough
ImageImage
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

I was looking forward to watching this series in 3D.

PS: YouTube has support for 3D video. You can capture it as a 3D video and then post it and most people will never know, but the ones who care/have support for it can use it.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

It definitely looks like some "color depth" is lacking in this new greyscale rendering. Note how the face of the level 2 treasure is no longer visible due to the lightest shade of red/gray being displayed as white.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Yeah, that's something that's ought to be fixed.

Also, if Wario loses a bunch of his hair when he's small, does that mean that mario also balds?
ImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Peliptia wrote: 4 years ago wait⁛⁙ like no way this is what a virtual boy game is like⚟ i always heard that it was super bad and stuffs⚊but eye·strain and whatnot
Remember that the Virtual Boy was the first VR helmet (that I know of), so you had red and black being blasted right into your eyeballs.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago
Peliptia wrote: 4 years ago wait⁛⁙ like no way this is what a virtual boy game is like⚟ i always heard that it was super bad and stuffs⚊but eye·strain and whatnot
Remember that the Virtual Boy was the first VR helmet (that I know of), so you had red and black being blasted right into your eyeballs.
I'd just like to make sure everyone contemplates the concept of having darkness projected into your eyes.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

xnamkcor wrote: 4 years ago
I'd just like to make sure everyone contemplates the concept of having darkness projected into your eyes.
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

honestly one thing i dig about this game is how well it shows off that having a z-dimension that lets you layer multiple 2d level sections into a single screen is actually a pretty good-feeling way to add more exploration to a collectathon that has 2d platforming for its core gameplay

like, sure, mechanically the launch pads are pretty much identical to doors or pipes, but the fact that you can actively see where they'll send you feels so much better as far puzzles that involve actions in one section affecting another as well as just being able to spot interesting area in one section from another. not to mention that the sheer existence of another layer in the background alerts you to the fact that there might be stuff to uncover nearby, since you need a launch pad or a wrap of some kind to access that layer

thus far i don't really get the impression that this game will take full advantage of this gimmick ( i mean the fact that there's a level timer, as useless as it is when elevators reset it, seems like a pretty major sign that we won't even see levels that go the direction of other wario games ) but it's an elegant way of going about it that i'm surprised i haven't seen more games make use of it

and that's not the only neat idea this game has. i feel like there's a lot to take inspiration from from this game, although i can see a lot of its ideas not bringing others with 'em ( i.e. while the combo-hat system and the multi-layer system work together in this sort of context, expanding the multi-layer system for the sake of metroidvania-style exploration seems like it'd make a mario-style powerup system frustrating or superfluous, so focusing on the combo-hats would probably mean keeping the multi-layers to this game's version of it, or just dropping 'em altogether and either go full-on 2d or include 3d in a way more like SM3DW )
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Time will tell if this game utilizes the background platforming in similarly cool ways to Kirby Triple Deluxe:
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

darkness projected into your eyes.
⋯‣if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.◂ i suppose ヾ(・ᆺ˂)ノ

hahah⍮⋅. ive liked this series lots so far ͙ ⃰♡ this is something bizarre but i really like how the art style has dark backgrounds for nearly everythings— and details are sort of carved out from it⁝⁛. like with outlines that are lighter than the space inside⁉ like you know how highlight rendering in arts uses an eraser to subtract materials like charcoal and whatnots﹖ drawing with an eraser and such... this sort of feels like like the pixel art equivalent:⁛⁙. is it a result of the technology and how the systems viewer thing work? id probably guess so, but i totally love how they embrace that and set a game in dark caves✧゚its hecka neat
ImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

As neat as it is to combine powerups, unfortunately the only conbo in the game is Eagle + Dragon = King Dragon.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Nimono

Post by Nimono »

And the game spams them both as opposed to really making it feel like a super-powerup, from the looks of things so far. On the plus side, the game actually designs with the combo in mind!

So fun fact: I just took a look at a level map since I wasn't sure what that first plunger thing did. I thought maybe raocow broke it or something, that maybe it was supposed to explode and reveal a new path. Then it turns out there's two you have to hit, to reveal the treasure room. Whoops!

The map says there's a secret area filled with coins and hearts, though! Apparently, you have to break a wall on the left side of the waterfall room- directly level with the entrance you came from into it, in fact. But it's just bonus monies.

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Maybe your difficulties with air control is because you're holding onto the run button? I can only guess.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: chico virtual wario tierra cotta warriors

Post by Awoo »

I take it this game doesn't have

OWL CONTROL

?
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

those lil tornadoes are the CUTEST THING to me for some reason
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago those lil tornadoes are the CUTEST THING to me for some reason
https://ghibli.fandom.com/wiki/Susuwatari
I could think only of these boys
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
KobaBeach