(shouting)

A2MBXT - Graphics

The second SMBX collab!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: A2MBXT - Graphics

Post by raocow »

digital groove is a fine name. it's a nice play from analogue funk, it keeps the pattern going.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Doing some spring cleaning in the dev chat because we hit the pin limit, figured I might as well post some stuff here. Spoilering them all for compactness but they should be relatively safe for passing bovines unless specified otherwise.

Apologies to Nabe but I did a rough Pink Sheath done back in December. Just did a quick pass to apply most of the changes they mentioned on page 37, so the sprites could probably still use another quick go-over for remaining polish.
Cutscene sprite sheets for the main 5. Mostly just idle, walk, carry, jump, basic expressive poses, etc. We're trying to keep them fairly limited to ensure that making variants for each costume will be feasible.
ACTUAL SPOILERS WARNING: Sheets for some of the bosses and other characters in Ep. 2. The ones with different formats were made before the sprite animation tech was finalized.
ACTUAL SPOILERS WARNING: All four Elders + some additional sprites that may or may not be used depending on the direction Ep. 3's plot takes.

BONUS:

Don't worry, we're not making cutscenes or bosses or anything for Ep. 3 until after we're done with Ep. 2, and these sprites are by no means final! Like with the Elders, I just did them on a whim for fun, practice, etc. I'll probably give the other SCs similar treatment as well relatively soonish.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Okay, so I posted this on one of the discord chats, and it gained some attention.

Basically, I cleaned up the sprites a bit, added more defined borders between their hair and head, cleaned up the shading, ect. All I'll say is that if every likes it enough and is okay with it, I'd be willing to make full sheets for it (most likely for episode 3).

A side thing, but I also made sprites for Wademo/Waris. Not sure if they will ever show up, and idk how people would feel about the alterations to the designs I went with, but here they are just in case.

(Ignore the Wademo in the sweater, that was an earlier attempt, but it came out too cute).
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

you know what, wademo with the sweater IS really cute
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

Tried making the different power up forms. As I said before, if people are interested in them, I'd be willing to make sheets.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Whilst working on my SMBXtroidvania idea again (I managed to fix my old copy of SMBX), I noticed something off about the bullet bill replacement graphics. I was always misjudging their size, so when I looked at the graphic file, I noticed the outline was much thicker than normal, which gave the impression that the bullet bill was smaller than it actually was.

So I spent a little time fixing it.

To tell you the truth, it would be even better if the mouth wasn't a gaping hole, so I also made this:

Whilst I was at it, I wasn't very happy with my beet contributions, so I redid them:

NPC-185:

NPC-187:

I'd be very grateful if you could replace those with these ones instead.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Post by Chaoxys »

New Demo sheets
Ittababy

Post by Ittababy »

goop.gif
goop.gif (1.25 KiB) Viewed 6979 times
I always missed the original goopa's simple cuteness, so I tried to make a compromise goop, cute them up,y'know? :)
A very shy ghost.
Ittababy

Post by Ittababy »

I'm sort of bad at animating, but here's an idea to replace the new berry npc:
pepper.gif
pepper.gif (759 Bytes) Viewed 6970 times
A spicy chili~!
A very shy ghost.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Ittababy wrote: 4 years ago I'm sort of bad at animating, but here's an idea to replace the new berry npc:
pepper.gif
A spicy chili~!
That's really neat.

The one thing I've never understood is why the fire flower replacement is a cactus and not a chilli pepper.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ztarwuff wrote: 4 years ago
Ittababy wrote: 4 years ago I'm sort of bad at animating, but here's an idea to replace the new berry npc:
pepper.gif
A spicy chili~!
That's really neat.

The one thing I've never understood is why the fire flower replacement is a cactus and not a chilli pepper.
blame raocow for that

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB