(shouting)

JUMP ½ - Half a jump is still a jump

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Re: JUMP S - Half a jump is still a jump

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Having not experienced the first JUMP, I thought the gimmicks in the second half felt awkwardly shoehorned in, and that they would be better having entire levels based around them rather than just appearing for a single room. It turns out that they're references to what I assume are entire levels based around those gimmicks. Well, now I know what it feels like for raocow to already be familiar with a gimmick while I'm trying to figure it out for the first time. And I feel like a fool for having taken a good 20-30 seconds to figure out the gimmick in the room where gravity reduces while you're holding a block.

That aside, I enjoyed the first half, even though I did feel like it was just a bit long. And despite my issues with the second half I thought the gimmick rooms were still alright, and I liked the last room. I just feel like I'd have appreciated this more if I had experienced the first JUMP in some form. (I actually saw raocow's first video of the first JUMP, and stopped watching because I wanted to play it myself, but although I downloaded it I never got around to playing it.)

Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

It's reference level, where there are references.

Despite my usual fear and dislike of morsel's stuff, this was still a neat little collection of references, and seeing them juxtaposed in the postgame alongside the other of the four castles makes me think that like, even if the execution tends to end up being hard or rough, morsel's stuff tends to be generally more well-designed. Of course, I don't know how much of it is morsel or morsel through Pyro's filter that I'm alright with here. Only thing I'd say is the auto-scroller part is a little rough to go through every time (and I think I ended up save-stating before and after it because of getting tired of redoing Manky Bridge every time).
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Take That! Shivering Block
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
maou shoujo
devil girl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: JUMP logₑ(2)/P(1,2,1,(1)) - Half a jump is still a jump

Post by maou shoujo »

Daizo wrote: 4 years ago >The original name for the level was "Doors Are Indeed Zany, Obviously". I had it removed upon request since it's a pretty obvious anagram.
What is this an anagram of? idgi

Edit: OH! I think you mean acronym? Cause now I totally see the acronym.
occasional watcher of the lets plays
Daizo

Re: JUMP logₑ(2)/P(1,2,1,(1)) - Half a jump is still a jump

Post by Daizo »

maou shoujo wrote: 4 years agoOH! I think you mean acronym? Cause now I totally see the acronym.
Yeah I forgot that's what it's called. Oops lol. Yeah an anagram is where you jumble the letters to create another word.

My YouTube channel - P-Switch... - 100 Rooms of Enemies: The Nightmare Edition
Links above if you want to check 'em out... or not, since these are overlooked.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

The rotodiscs are meatballs.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Piesonscreations »

crazy mf named demo
ImageImage
KobaBeach

Re: JUMP ½ - Half a jump is still a jump

Post by KobaBeach »

Vergilius is actually someone I introduced lolyoshi to.
They asked to stay anonymous, thus the name.

Also, for all I complained about Bowser, at least Morsel's stupid hard difficulty fits with the post game.
I'll just say the Boss music from Nazo Puyo sounds a bit too "midboss"-ish for what's essentially the Big Boy Boss!

A stunning job. And I'm not just saying this because Sam had more fun during it or whatever, either, it just looks more in-line with the difficulty curve.
Image Image
Implo

Post by Implo »

And that was the final level of JUMP HALF. Finally, there is a revisit of... is it a half of all gimmicks packed into 1 level. Well, something like this. Rooms are hard, but fair.

The final boss battle is great. Good job to Worldpeace. Boss has fair attacks and the only problem I had was using bomb powerup. But after figuring out that I can left bomb on my side (without going close to him) and explode when he will be close to it, I started to have less problems with it. Too bad raocow showed only 4 min of actual battle

So that was Grande Finale and tomorrow will be Final Cleanup. Considering that raocow beat more than 33% of the level without savestates and I think he showed every room (so he know the gimmicks), the next video shouldn't be too long.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Given the structure of this level I feel it makes sense to compare it to Bowser's Castle. I enjoyed this level a lot more; the fact that it's split into 3 sections with 2 rooms each rather than 2 sections with 3 rooms each made a huge difference for me. I also liked how this level not only had some gimmicks from earlier levels return, but also combined them in interesting ways (though I couldn't help but notice that it's entirely possible to have skipped some of the levels being referenced, which could cause some trouble if someone didn't play all the levels for some reason).

Just like with Bowser's Castle, I loved the boss here. With all the different attacks at its disposal things never really get boring or repetitive. I also liked that you had to use bombs to attack it; you can't just sit back and shoot it with long range projectiles so you have to either get up close and place a bomb near it or wait for it to approach, with each strategy having its own ups and downs. Getting close is of course risky, while hanging back relies on the boss to cooperate, and it can certainly be uncooperative (I had multiple instances where it decided it would rather bombard me with several volleys of spinies and bombs before approaching me).

With this being a big level I have a lot to say, but considering there will be another video of this level, and most of what I have left to say is regarding specific rooms, I think I'll save it for after the clean up video.

Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

*☆that was amazing⚟ it felt like a world in review type mix tape and thats like perfect for a finale— and ahh the palette in ⟪frozenquills smashing-extravaganza⟫ is so awesome looking✧ ゚i also really like how all the sections used their gimmicks, just really really lovely ♡❤♡
ImageImage
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

that boss was

No for real though, that was 100% pure concentrated artistry. worldpeace did a magnificent job!
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

why does raocow call the power of jesus the bomb
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

in touhou if you use a bomb right as you die it cancels out your death
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I always thought of it as the Isaac item Holy Mantle. It's even a cross
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Thumbs up from me as well, regarding the boss.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

well that was spectacular in so many ways, though i'm a bit conflicted with how marathon-y it is combined with the gimmick. on one hand, it is the grand climax and this is a jump hack and the rng gimmick means you're not just doing the same thing over and over again for the most part. on the other hand, once you have done everything in the hub, you're stuck on the "doing the same thing over and over again" anyway - except you're at the mercy of the game when it comes to the difficulty of getting to the next hub

one really nice qol change would be to "de-rng" hubs if you've completed all the rooms in it. i get the feeling that we'll see that in rao's cleanup, but being able to trigger it early like that would be incredibly nice if someone keeps struggling against the second hub of a set

if there's a level i really don't want to be negative on, though, it's this one. like, my favorite part was easily the parts based around not only bringing back past gimmicks, but combining them. it's impressive how such a basic thing becomes so jaw-dropping just from both the fact that this is a collab project and seeing it finally come to fruition in the grand finale. honestly, i wish the whole level was just that, as one huge send-off to the entire project, but it's not hard to imagine why that wasn't the case

outside of that, my favorite would probably be the wrap-around pipe section, because if my reaction to umbrella wasn't enough of a sign, i'm a real sucker for wrap-around mechanics and doing it via a smb3 pipe is just kinda awesome with its applications. i wish i could appreciate the boss more, too, but it just seems kinda obligatory relative to all of this. i can definitely appreciate the technical skills that were put into crafting it, though, and, hey, it brought back a gimmick from an old level, too! ... feels kinda of a missed opportunity to not bring back the fireball cannon setup, though, but at the same time, yeah, reusing the same fight mechanics for the two main ( and only? ) custom bosses could easily seem lame to anyone who wouldn't really care about that sort of callback throughline thing

boy, though, is the multi-midpoint so important here. i can't blame anyone for possibly needing to stop and take a breather in the middle of all of that

also i'm really curious if rng actually was a factor, because the physics on that dice block seem pretty involved. the impression i got from it is that it's about as random as an actual die - which is to say, not in the slightest ( and not in the sense of "well computers aren't capable of generating true random numbers so of course it isn't" ) but stuff like it being absurdly difficult to roll with the exact same force twice in a row makes it effectively random. esp. since iirc mario's speed fluctuates in smw for whatever reason, so due to that and stuff like subpixels it's not really feasible to control your roll outside of a tas
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

Kinda sad to say goodbye to what is essentially romhack history
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

thanks for make, jumpers
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

I'm super glad I got to make my small contributions to this
video games
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

yump was better
Image Image
General_Urist

Post by General_Urist »

So, that is the end of Jump 1/2. Not a spectacular ending I think, but they do say the true fun is in the Journey.

And what a journey it was! Almost every level in unique and clever in its own way. Every morning I would wake up to find the dear Bovine playing a new and unique set of fun levels. I haven't been this engaged in a raocow LP in a loooong time.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

All the Gunstar stuff in that final boss is one step closer to my ultimate dream smw boss:

Seven Force

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.