(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: All The S@nics - WWSP - But, Like, For Real This Time alsoeraserwouldhavebeenalmosterasedfromhistory

Post by Ashan »

I don't know if I'd be more disappointed as the kid who got a 2 minute game experience or if I was the parent who had to pay money and it only kept my kid occupied for 2 minutes.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The SOniks - What the F@#$%* is a Sonic!

Post by Awoo »

The only sane reaction I could even think of during this whole video:

Afterwards, 100 Yen is basically $1 (USD, for my Canadian friends)
https://moneyexchangerate.org/currencye ... py/usd/100

It fluctuates, though I imagine it was at least lower/ish back in 1991. Yay, confusing fiat monetary systems!

Please tell me that this means that raocow is going to play the popcorn machine game in the future

Last edited by Awoo 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
strongbadman

Re: All The S@nics - 1 (8-Bit) - Bridging The Generation Gap

Post by strongbadman »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago sonic has had voice acting since since 1991!
And he honestly sounded kinda similar to how he does now
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Re: All The S@nics - WWSP - But, Like, For Real This Time alsoeraserwouldhavebeenalmosterasedfromhistory

Post by Piesonscreations »

Well uh, sonic IS blue to begin with
ImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

That was... it?

I guess all those people complaining about Sonic driving a car never knew about this game.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew

Post by DinnerSonic »

All the Green Hill Zones count:
  • 2 Green Hill Zones
  • 6 Green Hill Zone Acts total
  • *3 Green Hill Zone song versions
I always thought of Mario as the one to take on random jobs, what with things like Dr. Mario and Yoshi's Cookie, but I don't tend to associate that with Sonic. But I guess he was a cop in his youth? Archie Sonic actually did a sort of gag adaption of this game in their "Off Panel" joke bits, in some of the last issues.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Soenics - WISP - But, Like, For Real This Time

Post by Awoo »

DinnerSonic wrote: 4 years ago All the Green Hill Zones count:
  • 2 Green Hill Zones
  • 6 Green Hill Zone Acts total
  • *3 Green Hill Zone song versions
I always thought of Mario as the one to take on random jobs, what with things like Dr. Mario and Yoshi's Cookie, but I don't tend to associate that with Sonic. But I guess he was a cop in his youth? Archie Sonic actually did a sort of gag adaption of this game in their "Off Panel" joke bits, in some of the last issues.
Shoot, is that Nack the Weasel Gerboa/Fang the Sniper?

Neat to see such an underused character
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car (Japanese: わくわくソニックパトカー), named Hedgehog Sonic the Police Officer (Japanese: はりねずみ ソニックのおまわりさん, Romaji: Harinezumi Sonic no Omawari-san) in-game, is a children's ride that features Sonic the Hedgehog playing the role of a police officer, patrolling the streets of Waku Waku City and keeping it safe from Dr. Eggman. The game was released in both Japanese and English, though the English version was not exported to other countries, only used in areas large numbers of English-speaking tourists frequented.

The game combines a simple video game in a family-sized arcade cabinet (the ride's interior is spacious enough to accommodate two full grown adults) styled like a police car. The ride itself rocks left-to-right in sync with Sonic's patrol car, controlled by a steering wheel. Three buttons allow Sonic to jump out of his vehicle, turn on the siren, and start the game.

In Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comic, issues #288-#290 the Off Panel section features a three-part story detailing The Adventures of Officer Sonic. The story takes place in the world of Waku Waku which only consists of roads and highways. Officer Sonic is a cop while Ivan "Bad Egg" Robotnik is a rockabilly reckless driver. After a chase, Officer Sonic eventually stopped Bad Egg when he ran over a spike strip set up by Tails and Knuckles, who were also cops. Upon going to jail, Officer Sonic tells Bad Egg he would have to do community service to be let out early. Bad Egg agrees, only to run afoul of a speeder.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

this is a terrifying alternate universe.

at least, i hope it is one, for the sake of my argument against the sonic movie that sonic would never befriend a cop. if sonic WAS a cop, that's all over!!
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

the entire sonic the hedgehog franchise is lgbtq+ and anarcho communist
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

DinnerSonic wrote: 4 years ago Archie Sonic actually did a sort of gag adaption of this game in their "Off Panel" joke bits, in some of the last issues.
"the thin blue blur between good and evil"
oh my god
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Modern console controllers are too complex. I've always said the only button I need is SUPER SONIC SPIN

Also does this mean we will get videos on the McDonald's Sonic LCD toys? I had one of those back in the day.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

man I totally would but I don't own any of them
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Supernics - WWSP - sega game slime

Post by Awoo »

Oh, shoot, this definitely means the Pakistan Happy Meal toys are on the menu
(at least, potentially.)

Context, for those not in the know:
Edit: dang it someone needs to send them to him in the next year or however long it takes for him to get remotely close to 2004 when these apparently came out.

I'd do it but I don't own any though that could change but will it?
that is a question I can ask myself

you know, I could, but will I?
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

The McDonalds LCD games are vital pieces of Sonic history, so for that alone i'd say they're worth tracking down. Also, I couldn't tell what the hell was going on in today's episode.
TAILS SOCCER
ImageImage
KTB

Post by KTB »

Someone on another video pointed out that the music in the LCD game is actually just a really bad arrangement of the Marble Zone theme. The rhythm is totally botched, and some of the notes are just plain wrong, but if you listen closely you can tell that's what it is.

Also I totally disagree with whomever it was that said this is going to decrease our lifespans by 20 years, if anything the existence of this series in my life will bring me immortality tbh
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

An off-screen LP? What is this, LP amateur-hour? Go and buy a screen recorder, you lazy oaf!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The fact that you could tune out that annoying bleepity bloop noise was something. Next.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts! This game was released in September of 1991, priced at 19.99.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

KTB wrote: 4 years ago Someone on another video pointed out that the music in the LCD game is actually just a really bad arrangement of the Marble Zone theme. The rhythm is totally botched, and some of the notes are just plain wrong, but if you listen closely you can tell that's what it is.
put the video on .25x speed and it becomes a lot more clear, wow, dang

that must be what 28 years of electronic aging does to sound playback speed on those buzzers lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago An off-screen LP? What is this, LP amateur-hour? Go and buy a screen recorder, you lazy oaf!
Just emulate it

I thought it wasn't working for me until I actually read the instructions and discovered you have to press 1 first

Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Although no manual has been provided, after some experimenting I discovered you can attack upwards if you hold the up key, meaning the wasps are in fact vulnerable. As far as I can tell the default forward attack is only useful for

attacking Robotnik

. In the first level anyway, I didn't bother playing beyond that
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Mata Hari wrote: 4 years ago Although no manual has been provided, after some experimenting I discovered you can attack upwards if you hold the up key, meaning the wasps are in fact vulnerable. As far as I can tell the default forward attack is only useful for

attacking Robotnik

. In the first level anyway, I didn't bother playing beyond that
Yup, need to jump by pressing up and THEN press attack... completely missing the point of Sonic's 1-button control scheme. Oh Tiger.