(shouting)

JUMP ½ - Half a jump is still a jump

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
strongbadman

Re: JUMP Res((e^z)/(z^3)) z=0 - Half a jump is still a jump

Post by strongbadman »

The goombal machine's music isn't Careless Whisper, right? It just sounds like it?
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

I loved both Goomball Machine (probably my favorite level in the entire hack, as I said yesterday) and Edinburgh. Good stuff.

Though I am curious as to why Goomball Machine has a midpoint, when I found no obvious way to *die* in the level.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

This is another pair of levels that I enjoyed. I liked the idea of guiding a goomba to the exit by just switching blocks around. I also liked the first level with those coloured switches, so it was nice to see them again here.

Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: JUMP Res((e^z^p^z)/(z^3)) z=0 - Half a jump is still only half a jump

Post by Awoo »

YelseyKing wrote: 4 years ago I loved both Goomball Machine (probably my favorite level in the entire hack, as I said yesterday) and Edinburgh. Good stuff.

Though I am curious as to why Goomball Machine has a midpoint, when I found no obvious way to *die* in the level.
My guess would be that if you wanted to exit the level via Start+Select, that you'd be able to return at a more convenient point.

Shame that puzzle was cut, that's super neato and one heck of a glitch. Angry turtle kicks baby Yoshi :kood:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

Killing your own clone? That's an edinburgh moment.
ImageImage
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

strongbadman wrote: 4 years ago The goombal machine's music isn't Careless Whisper, right? It just sounds like it?
Original music is an awesome chiptune: Loonie - Contemplated
Mosts Awards:
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

YelseyKing wrote: 4 years agoThough I am curious as to why Goomball Machine has a midpoint, when I found no obvious way to *die* in the level.
We saw in the video that raocow accidentally died and didn't have to do the entire level over again because there was a midpoint
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

That was in the other level.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
tangy
🍊
Pronouns: any

Post by tangy »

YelseyKing wrote: 4 years ago midpoint
A midpoint, in addition to being a place to return to when you die, is also a very good indicator of progress. I don't doubt that if Goomball Machine didnt have a midpoint, players would probably be saying words to the effect of "when does this level end?" at least halfway through
raocow wrote:I am being shot at, and I am being advertised petrol at the same time. We must be in America.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Dragon Fogel wrote: 4 years ago That was in the other level.
Oh right

This was a test and you have passed!
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

ft029 wrote: 4 years ago
strongbadman wrote: 4 years ago The goombal machine's music isn't Careless Whisper, right? It just sounds like it?
Original music is an awesome chiptune: Loonie - Contemplated
I really should speak up more when I hear a song I like in this hack. Good music is incredibly important to the experience of a game, and so many songs here are just wonderful- be it a port of an existing song, or an original song composed for romhacks.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

This little left stretch of world 8 was probably my favorite part of it. Kinda weird to go "oh man I liked an m/m level" but given it's easier than the normal fare from him, that might have something to do with it. Otherwise just the fact it's short probably helps.

The unfortunate thing about Sunset Tower is that it both expects you to know that you can just hold the jump button to be continuously jumping and also it's a bit awkward to swap between jumping and spin-jumping in the sky, but other than that, it's a perfectly fine level, just needs a bit of fine tuning on a controls side of things.

SPACE SPAGHETTI was probably the first level in world 8 (since I did the secret path first) that I just felt was asking for a bit with athletic sky platforming mixed with megaspikes going at fast speeds. Like the first half was fine, the second half just does stuff I'm not a fan of. Also I think the first level in world 8 I used savestates on? Maybe.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

am I right that the title of m/m's level is a Biblical reference?
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

Voltgloss wrote: 4 years ago am I right that the title of m/m's level is a Biblical reference?
Book of Job, chapter 5, verse 7 wrote:Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.
this is getting laundromatic
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Re: JUMP ((d/dx)(√x))*√x - Half a jump is still a jump

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Today: I absolutely adored the first two levels in their entirety and the first half of the third. The second half felt really inconsistent to me and I don't feel like I was actually learning it at all and more just lucked out when I finally did it. They were all non-easy as-is, though, so
Implo

Post by Implo »

The first level - fire gimmick overwhelmed me a little. Second level was fun and I had even less trouble than raocow. Third level - I liked normal platforming except smasher parts. I'm just really bad with platforming with smashers above bottomless pit.

Also for nullifying spin jump when touching cloud and Thwomp. I think (but I don't know for sure) that when you touch cloud, game can recognize this as touching a ground. It happened to me few times as well, but it never was a big problem for me.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I might be sounding like a broken record at this point, but I liked these levels. The first level had a fun little gimmick, and although I had some trouble with the part after the midpoint, it's short enough that it wasn't too bad. One thing I liked here is that there's several reset doors in this section so that if you mess up you don't have to spend time falling all the way back down. It might not seem like a huge deal, but it's really nice to be able to get right back into the action.

I had a pretty easy time with Sunset Tower, though I did very quickly discover that you can just hold the button to jump off the clouds. I also didn't have trouble accidentally normal jumping instead of spin jumping; I'm thinking it might be because I hold my controller differently than Mr. cow, but I don't know how he holds his controller. As for me, if I need to switch from normal jumping to spin jumping I move my entire thumb from resting on Y and B to resting on X and A.

SPACE SPAGHETTIS was a fun level, but I agree that the second half felt kind of awkward at times. As can be seen in the video, sometimes things aren't really lined up very well. While I don't think I had it as bad as some instances in the video, it was still enough to give me some trouble. On the bright side, the midpoint room always managed to make me chuckle with how the platforms and rotodiscs would line up to make a face while you were going through the pipe.

morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Like some others, I was inspired by the VIP series in making my level. It was harking back to those VIP levels that take some peculiar cultural reference and try to make an smw level out of it (see e.g THE GREED from VIP5 (apologies to maks for using the old translation)).

Yesterday we saw raocow both sight read many puzzles with incredible skill and press buttons mindlessly until something worked. I am very curious to see how something he has to think about will go to-morrow.
dont wanna jihad no more
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

What is Sunset Tower's music
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

strongbadman wrote: 4 years ago What is Sunset Tower's music
https://youtu.be/eMwBSGv-OrM
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

they say next year's gonna be hotter
hotter?
like three years ago.
three years ago? three years ago you said you'd call sears
i'll call this year
you'll call now
i'll call now
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

gonna repeat @ the levels being pretty rad

though the infinite jump clouds felt a bit unforgiving, even after considering that you can just hold the buttons to autojump. it really feels like they should slow your descent a bit so you don't just plummet through them. plus a nonsolid block having a semisolid block's appearance messed with me a few times, although i guess they're ... kinda pseudo-semisolid anyway? i dunno
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

That was some fantastically galaxy-brained gameplay in the third level.

Big ups to the hack for using Cherry Tree Bridge. EO music best music!
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I'm not caught up but I just wanted to say that Maw of the Beast is incredible. Use this post as a foolproof strategy against people who don't like it(?)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ryrir

Post by Ryrir »

i like how the same people who created this incredible 200iq puzzle also couldn't help themselves and had to put loss and a literal butthole joke in there
this is getting laundromatic