(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: All The S@nics - 1 - Dusting Doilies Since 1991

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

warpio wrote: 4 years ago But then again, maybe it's for the best to not include special stages in your "All the Sonics" project because that would also mean playing all the Blue Sphere stages in Sonic 3&K and Mania...
All the Blue Sphere stages... in Sonic 1 & Knuckles... :monstrosity:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

warpio wrote: 4 years agoI don't think it's that big a deal, but even though you only get an alternate ending for clearing the game with all 6 emeralds, it still feels like you're technically missing out on some of the game's content since you never played the 6th Special stage.
He played all six. They're in a rotation whether you win or lose! In this case, it was the second one that he lost at.
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

the biggest crime of this zone is that the parallax at the top of the stage makes it look like the stars form a ceiling for the stage and that you're in a giant box. parallax is cool but it doesn't work with celestial objects lightyears away!!!
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)
KTB

Post by KTB »

warpio wrote: 4 years ago I don't think it's that big a deal, but even though you only get an alternate ending for clearing the game with all 6 emeralds, it still feels like you're technically missing out on some of the game's content since you never played the 6th Special stage.
It only changes like one image in the credits that lasts only a few seconds, so nothing's really being missed here (especially since we all know what it looks like anyway).

...Unless you didn't mean the ending, and you meant the actual bonus stage. In which case, even disregarding Bean's response to your post, I still don't think it's a huge loss because once you've seen one of the bonus stages, you pretty much get the point. It's not like any of them are super surprising or more interesting than the others.

Anyway, I think it's a bit strange that the fifth zone suddenly focuses so heavily again on loops and speeding through the level when all the other zones are kind of all about precision and waiting. Hopefully the next few games improve on that a bit. (For the record, I've played almost none of the Sonic games so I'm watching this series blind).
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

Once Scrap Brain Zone (originally meant to be Clock Work Zone, but there was no W in the game's special font) was created, instead of simply letting the player run straight to the boss, they had Robotnik trap the player and knock them down a level to instill a feeling of fighting their way back to the top. Unfortunately, due to time and cartridge space constraints they were unable to customize this final challenge much, only able to change the colors of Labyrinth Zone to get the effect they wanted. This lack of time and space also affects Scrap Brain Zone another way! The sections of VRAM normally used by the Giant Rings are instead used for the background smoke in the level, and to prevent the players from seeing a glitchy, garbled mess, no Giant Rings are anywhere to be found in Scrap Brain Zone.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Huh, a story sequence. I thought those didn't appear until Sonic 3.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The S0onics - 1 - Factory

Post by Awoo »

what does this factory make?
nobody knows!
:catplanet:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

For the games that raocow doesn't know as well we might end up seeing title cards for next zones. I don't think raocow should worry about that, just pause the emu on the title card when it comes up!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Awoo wrote:
what does this factory make?
nobody knows!
:catplanet:
Judging from zone 3, I think it's safe to say it makes grape soda.
Heavy Sigh wrote: The sections of VRAM normally used by the Giant Rings are instead used for the background smoke in the level, and to prevent the players from seeing a glitchy, garbled mess, no Giant Rings are anywhere to be found in Scrap Brain Zone.
Would the glitch fest still be there without the smoke? I don't feel that a background animation is a good trade off for the bonus ring.
KobaBeach wrote:
Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago I'm surprised a legit porcupine character hasn't shown up in the Sonic series yet.
oh you sweet summer child
After following the link, and wiki walking a bit, I am now under the impression that any warm blooded animal that existed in the past 100 years is a sonic character.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Sonics - Sonic Sonic

Post by Awoo »

Kleetus wrote: 4 years ago
KobaBeach wrote:
Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago I'm surprised a legit porcupine character hasn't shown up in the Sonic series yet.
oh you sweet summer child
After following the link, and wiki walking a bit, I am now under the impression that any warm blooded animal that existed in the past 100 years is a sonic character.
For an added bonus, you can always google "(your first name) + the hedgehog" for a neato character that somebody created on Deviantart with your name nyoro~n
I'm sure this was created specifically for a bovine youtuber
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Something about the title of this episode I don't like
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Huh, a story sequence. I thought those didn't appear until Sonic 3.
There's one in Sonic 2 as well,

in transition between Wing Fortress and Death Egg Zone.

raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

we finally made it to the end of all the sanics! they only released one. obscure series but it was neat :rao:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

The origins of Dr. Eggman date back to the internal competition held within Sega to create a new mascot, which saw Naoto Ohshima invent the eventual winner, Sonic the Hedgehog. Ohshima had created several other designs that didn't win, including a roundish, mustached man in pajamas bearing quite the resemblance to the 26th President of the USA, Theodore Roosevelt. While the character had lost the contest, Sega's AM8 division (which would eventually become "Sonic Team") chose to retain the design as a villain to be used in the game. Since he was mostly egg-shaped, it was an easy jump to call him Eggman.

Early concept art for Sonic the Hedgehog had a bee-like Eggman planned as one of many enemies in the game, but as development progressed, Eggman was elevated to the primary antagonist. His final design was simplified from his earliest sketch to allow young children to be able to draw him easily, losing the bulky look of his pajamas and gaining a color scheme of red, black and yellow, to differentiate him from Sonic and emphasize the nature/technology conflict the two represented.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Huh, I realized I've never seen the final boss of Sonic 2 until now. Not even a reference in passing, unlike the final bosses of the next two main games.

If I remember reading correctly, if you collected the 6 Chaos Emeralds, they would appear above Sonic in the ending (where all the animals are), floating in the air, then suddenly vanish away.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

NEXT TIME:

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
HiroshiMishima
Aging Gamer

Post by HiroshiMishima »

I think I've only seen the "good" ending of Sonic 1 like.. twice? Once when I was emulating it and getting the emeralds myself, and once when I watched a speedrun, but either way this was over 9 years ago so I can't even remember it anymore. I guess I know what I'm doing in a few minutes.

It feels good to see raonic come through, though, without taking a single hit during the final boss.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Sɸnics - 1 - Scrapped Brains (and Beans)

Post by Awoo »

Yes! A one-shot (presumably with

Bean? The bomb bird thingy guy person thing

And, then, I assume, the version of Sonic 1 that I grew up with :catplanet:

I'm seriously looking forward to this!
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

raocow you should have gotten a game over in the time between episodes! dirty cheater!!
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

What? He just paused the game and left the Genesis run overnight

(I don't know how they expected people to beat Mario 3 in a single sitting, without warp whistles. Why no save system Nintendo?)
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

It's always satisfying to hear Sonic 1's end remix. A mostly fun little game that still didn't know what it wanted to be yet.
raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew

Post by DinnerSonic »

Between busy-personal things, getting caught off guard with the switch from acts to zones, and a bit of worry about being annoying with constant video posts, I ended up holding off on posting those song-a-day things, so, kids at home, just go and google the "Masa Demo Version" of your favorite song you heard and have fun instead. Instead I wanna post the Special Stage raocow never played.

I don't mean the 6th one, since it sounds like he got a taste of that before getting the GOAL, but a 7th one, exclusive to the mobile version! If you use the level select and set the max number of emeralds to 7 instead of 6th, you'll encounter this stage. One can only guess the new prize you'd get if you happen to have all 7 Chaos Emeralds. Also note how fluid the stages rotate in the mobile version. It's actually a little disorienting when you're used to the original, but that kinda fits given the trippy location and all.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago What? He just paused the game and left the Genesis run overnight
you can't prove anything
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

for what it's worth I didn't think the music posts where annoying
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Reecer7
Crack is fun and nice and a good time!
https://cro-iba.talkhaus.com/

Post by Reecer7 »

not only do the mobile bonus stages look more fluid, the hitboxes of things make sense. it's so... palatable!

why didn't sega just release that in 1991?
call me reecer6, not reecer7, please! gotta maintain that same internet brand. actually i'm cro-iba now, it's cooler
strange bluebird website (check it out for my art!)