(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Re: All The S@nics - 1 - Dusting Doilies Since 1991

Post by Kleetus »

I'm drawn towards the backgrounds in this game. Spring Yard looks like it's supposed to be a park in the middle of a city. If the zones are close together, I bet Marble Zone is a popular day trip.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

thank god this is the last we'll ever see of this place and that scrap brain 3 isn't just this bullshit again and there isn't another sonic 1 to go through that has a labyrinth zone as well
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Ashan wrote: 4 years ago Everyone keeps yelling that raocow is missing obvious things but I'm not seeing them either. The levels have a lot of flashy stuff (literally there's flashing horizontal bars all over these levels that don't seem to represent anything specific) and wacky moving parts but most of them are completely unimportant and/or copy-pastes of things we've seen 7 times in the last minute of gameplay, so when raocow misses some moving platform he was supposed to ride I don't know why anyone is surprised.
there were, like, maybe three comments about that platform. one of which was mine, which was meant less as a "raocow stop playing bad" and more "haha what a raocow moment, this is why i love watching these videos"

2d sonics often have a lot to notice and find so it's not surprising that raocow misses stuff when he strolls through, it's also not surprising that some people can notice stuff in the video without pausing that raocow didn't, and it's bonus not surprising a bunch of random people already know a lot of scattered things about sonic levels and are ready to be like "you missed this cool thing!" like it's important to their understanding of each zone individually. that last one's a guess but it's true for how i look at sonic zones, anyway
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The Satnicks - Badnick Bash

Post by Awoo »

Grounder wrote: 4 years ago thank god this is the last we'll ever see of this place and that scrap brain 3 isn't just this bullshit again and there isn't another sonic 1 to go through that has a labyrinth zone as well
I'm 100% biased and I totally admit it, but, dang it, I still prefer the Labyrinth Zone of Sonic 1 for the Game Gear/SMS' music/level

It's so much faster paced and neat :3

really looking forward to Jungle Zone when raocow plays it. It and Bridge Zone are easily my favorites from said 8-bit version of Sonic1

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

the thing is, mario doesn't have infinity lungs in 3D. heck, most 3D games seem to use an air meter while it's not that common in 2D games.

game theory: all sonic games take place in a 3D world but we only ever view a 2D perspective of that world
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Oh boy, my least favorite zone in Sanic 1!

Also yeah, in the open world 3D Marios specifically. Don't want to confuse with 3D Land and World which don't have them.

Who has the most?
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

So, I assume the concept of having the boss of every zone be Robotnik with various attachments to his hovercraft was chosen for its simplicity and versatility, and yet--looking at this game by itself and pretending the rest of the series does not exist--they really didn't know what to this fairly adaptable concept, did they? The first boss was somewhat dramatic, with the wrecking ball being ceremoniously lowered, if nothing too astounding in terms of actual gameplay (though again, it's a first boss); the second was a little more low key in terms of showmanship but got you moving around and strategizing just a bit more; the third was..kind of lazy, to be honest, and basically just a "don't dink around too much" trap; and then the fourth isn't even a boss at all, just a timed vertical platforming section with dramatic music and no rings. I don't think I necessarily noticed this trend so much in the past, tending to blur the bosses together with those from later games, but they sure did seem to run out of boss ideas pretty quickly in the first installment, no?
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Katazuki wrote: 4 years ago Oh boy, my least favorite zone in Sanic 1!

Also yeah, in the open world 3D Marios specifically. Don't want to confuse with 3D Land and World which don't have them.
they're 2D games that we perceive as 3D due to illusion magic
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

During the creation of Labyrinth Zone, Sonic Team was thinking of ways to make the character of Sonic more unique, and hit on the idea of giving him some sort of weakness, and since water had already been added to the game, why not have him sink? But that became a problem when Sonic got to Labyrinth Zone, the game's water stage, so once it was decided that water would be more than a death pit, after some deliberation air bubbles were added to give the slower paced underwater segments some tension.
Last edited by Heavy Sigh 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

If Sonic is so great, how come he can't breathe underwater?

Mario - 1
Sonic - 0

Sorry all you Sonic fanboy fricks
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Idiot Sega doesn't even know how to program underwater breathing into their game LOL
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Soonics - 1 - Sunset Riders

Post by Awoo »

Ashan wrote: 4 years ago If Sonic is so great, how come he can't breathe underwater?

Mario - 1
Sonic - 0

Sorry all you Sonic fanboy fricks
these are the Classic Sonic Games you Frick
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The 5on1kz - woot

Post by Awoo »

Ashan wrote: 4 years ago Idiot Sega doesn't even know how to program underwater breathing into their game LOL
That's Just Part Of the Challenge you Fricking Frick
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Also an example of Critical Research Failure, since real hedgehogs are fine around water.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Sawniks - spin spin spin

Post by Awoo »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Also an example of Critical Research Failure, since real hedgehogs are fine around water.
Yeah Well I've seen More Hedgehogs In Real Life (IRL) Than I've Seen Italian Plumbers So Ha
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Sebby19 wrote: 4 years ago Also an example of Critical Research Failure, since real hedgehogs are fine around water.
I hope somebody got fired for that blunder
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ashan

Re: All The Sawniks - spin spin spin

Post by Ashan »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago
Yeah Well I've seen More Hedgehogs In Real Life (IRL) Than I've Seen Italian Plumbers So Ha
Some of us grew up in the sewers of Italy so it's familiar to us
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago
I hope somebody got fired for that blunder
no need to worry, yuji naka left the company of his own accord out of shame for creating widespread misconceptions about hedgehogs
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All The Shucks - Jughead and Betty

Post by Awoo »

Wasn't Sonic originally brown spined before running on Dr. Robotnik's treadmill thing according to original Sonic lore, anyhow?

A cola spill made Robotnik evil, originally. What're the odds of that

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Re: All The Shucks - Jughead and Betty

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago Wasn't Sonic originally brown spined before running on Dr. Robotnik's treadmill thing according to original Sonic lore, anyhow?

A cola spill made Robotnik evil, originally. What're the odds of that

That's the origin story used by Stay Sonic, the stand-alone promo comic and Sonic the Comic (Fleetway UK). The accident also involved the Retro-Orbital Chaos Compressor, the Chaos Emeralds themselves, and a fridge with bad eggs in it - the incident turned Sonic blue and turned the kindly but mad Dr. Ovi Kintobor into Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik. Archie comics and SatAM didn't have this origin story, nor did any game.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

what other biological inaccuracies are lurking in sonic the hedgehog the porcupine
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Feel like hedgehogs might have a hard time swimming if you put them in trainers
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Mata Hari wrote: 4 years ago what other biological inaccuracies are lurking in sonic the hedgehog the porcupine
Real Hedgehogs have 2 eye balls
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I hope someone shows that video to Travis Willingham because he would absolutely lean into the four-headed dick thing.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image