(shouting)

All the S@nics - the end

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: All The Sanics - 1 - Dusting Doilies Since 1991

Post by Sugar »

I like doing one video per act. It's more reasonable to watch a 3 minute video before going to work than 30 minutes long video. There are other LPs (even on this channel) for longer videos anyways.
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

ohmygoshrao⁝⁛⁚⁙⁘ the videos description on the first sonic video was༚༛ ⌤ kinda horrifying and captivating ( ͒˃̩̩⌂˂̩̩ ͒) like thats terrible, hahah ✕⤫☹
ImageImage
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

the act videos also feel like, raocow probably could take it easier after the megamans
especially with how he's very likely going to have a genuinely bad time with some games, it gives him more space and less work

it lets him like not split recording the acts and upload separately to give himself time and a break, or just simply walking around town for a day away of actually playing more

so remember your breaks and time off down the line you workaholic cow
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I am amazed not only by the surreal nature of the video description for the first Sonic 1 video, but that raocow managed to unify the entirety of the Sonic canon in a legitimately coherent way using Rad Mobile.

C-side videos are a bonus on top of two daily LP series anyway, so I don't think it really matters if sometimes they're only a minute long or if it takes years to get through them, and raocow is already spoiling us by starting All the Sonics so quickly after All the Mega Men ended (or even by continuing the C-side at all after AtMM). It also makes the series easier to follow if you can't keep up with the videos every single day. At some point I fell a couple months behind in the Mega Man videos and would have probably given up on catching up if it weren't for so many of the early videos being really short and easy to binge. (I also think the idea is pretty funny.)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow, i hope you are looking forward to finding songs for zone names like "labyrinth" and "metropolis" in the coming weeks
or months, i think there are more games between sonic 1 and 2 so :B
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
DinnerSonic
All the DinnerSonics
First name: Matthew
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by DinnerSonic »

For episode two of All The Green Hills, have another Green Hill Zone. For the 2013 mobile version of Sonic 1(as well as the Sonic 2 one), the entire OST got a bit of a remaster, using high quality synths and the original source drum samples and such.

Those Green Hill Zone "spikes bounce you into a bottomless pit" areas always put me on edge as a child. Though actually, I suspect it was less that risk and more "Oh my gosh, I've got the stars, I should run and jump on the spikes! Oh no, I died!" in hindsight.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Actually, thanks to a glitch exclusive to ol' Sonic One, those spikes are even more deadly than you think! For some reason, if you get hit on spikes, your invincibility doesn't start until you hit the ground. So, if you land on spikes after getting hit by spikes, it counts and you get hit again! And unless you have a shield, that's guaranteed death right there!

A feature so cool that it was patched out of the mobile remake!!
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

jokes on you metropolis was surprisingly easy!

though I haven't been able to find six song titles with labyrinth in the name within the single year of 1991, spoilers
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago Actually, thanks to a glitch exclusive to ol' Sonic One, those spikes are even more deadly than you think! For some reason, if you get hit on spikes, your invincibility doesn't start until you hit the ground. So, if you land on spikes after getting hit by spikes, it counts and you get hit again! And unless you have a shield, that's guaranteed death right there!
Your invincibility does start the moment you get hit, but the timer itself doesn't tick down until you hit the ground.

The reason for the spike bug is completely different, and a lot more straightforward: they just don't check for mercy invincibility, like, at all. Fixing it in hacks is as simple as adding that check into the ASM.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Sonic Facts!

When initally designing Sonic the Hedgehog, Naoto Ohshima, during a brief weekend of relaxation, had gone on vacation to New York City. Unsure if Sega's higher-ups would accept the blue hedgehog's design on looks alone, he headed to Central Park with his conceptual sketches of the game's possible main characters, and asked random passersby who they preferred.

Sonic, of course, won this contest by a county mile.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All The Sanics - 1 - Dustin Diamond (is apparently kind of a jerk IRL)

Post by Awoo »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago jokes on you metropolis was surprisingly easy!

though I haven't been able to find six song titles with labyrinth in the name within the single year of 1991, spoilers
What about the movie Labyrinth? I know that was probably earlier than 1991, but it's a thing named Labyrinth

I, personally, can't wait until raocow plays through Green Hills Zone on the Master System/Game Gear Sonic 2. It easily has one of my favorite Sonic music tracks, which also got remixed into the "Toot Toot Sonic Warrior" theme from Sonic CD

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
churine

Post by churine »

i just realized this game wasn't played and i'm not sure if it's because of how large a stretch is it of if raocow didn't know
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

man, I don't like doubling back on my word, but I'm not used to having so many viewers upset. people who agree with me that it's funny, how do you feel about changing the rule from 'each act' to 'each zone'
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Moosh

Post by Moosh »

Already said this on the Youtube, but I feel if you end up switching to per zone, I think you should at least finish Sonic 1 as per act. It's a slower game and suits the shorter videos well if you ask me. But I can see how people could be worried about later games.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Well I did support you sticking with it, but if you deicided to go the other way, I certainly wouldn't be bothered or complain. I don't think the LP will change that drastically for it anyhow.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

At the end of the day, I honestly don't care whether this series last 2 years or 3 years.

But... I don't see how this is funny. Can you explain the joke to me?

But what would be funny is taking your time to explore the levels, and almost running out the 10 minute timer.
That's how I remember playing Sonic when I was younger.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Adding to that, I think the time to change your mind was during Flicky and Rad Racer. But now it's too late.
I now pronounce you married to the idea, for better or for worse. Enjoy the couples counseling.

I'm SURE the hate will subside ones the games get longer. The internet can sometimes be whiny and over dramatic about hating stuff.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

I kinda wanted to stay out of the whole act vs zone thing and just take things as they happened but I just saw the video and

while some folks seem to be complaining for the sake of their own enjoyment, others, myself included tbh, are worried about the joke losing its luster for you specifically, raocow. I think if you kept going with one act per video but with a reassurance that you'll switch to zones once it's starting to drag for you, that'd help quite a bit.

Half of a lot of folks' enjoyment of your videos is your own enjoyment in making them. If one act per video works best for you now, I say stick with that, but you shouldn't have to tie yourself down to that structure when it feels right to pick up the pace.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Money

Post by Money »

Already commented on discord and youtube but may as well post it here for prosperity: ive seen people say to keep the one vid per act format, but post multiple vids a day if need be. That way you keep the consistency of the All the X "brand", you can play as much or as little as you want, people get a fair amount of content at night (not to make it About Us but a lot of people look forward to a dose of raocow at night), and you dont run the risk of long videos and fatigue when you hit games wirh longer acts (S3&K and Mania comes to mind). In the case an act takes a lot out of you, you can just leave the next one to tomorrow. Everyone's happy! In my mind at least.

(Plus you can still pepper in "Break Mans" and "Colonels" and have that be all for the day as needed for comedic effect)
Last edited by Money 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

conceptually, per-act is definitely funny. like "hey guys here's a sonic video bye" gotta go fast

in execution? for the first sonic it actually leads to some pretty nice pacing, at least in the moment. future games, i don't know if it would fit, and it may make the introduction of longer, monolithic levels in later games just that much more jarring. but as of right now, i'm good with how it's going. like rocky said in the post above, keep to it for as long as you feel, and switch to per-zone when it starts dragging.

though i'm also in the "MM Zero videos were exhausting" camp, full disclosure. like, building the energy to watch those games' videos on a daily basis is one reason why i'm still catching up to the finale of AtMM.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

churine wrote: 4 years ago Image

i just realized this game wasn't played and i'm not sure if it's because of how large a stretch is it of if raocow didn't know
just quoting this for emphasis, but it might need to go on the "AtS One-shots" backburner, as unlike Flicky where they're a recurring presence throughout the franchise or Rad Mobile where it's overtly Sonic, this one won't make a lick of sense 'til after the Saturn era.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Money wrote: 4 years agobut post multiple vids a day if need be. That way you keep the consistency of the All the X "brand",
There's an idea. It'll be like the old days of the 10/15 minute videos.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I vote for alternating every third game between 1 act per video, 1 zone per video, and the entire game in one real-life-core video.

(I'm fine with however raocow decides to split the video sessions.)
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: just quoting this for emphasis, but it might need to go on the "AtS One-shots" backburner, as unlike Flicky where they're a recurring presence throughout the franchise or Rad Mobile where it's overtly Sonic, this one won't make a lick of sense 'til after the Saturn era.
If the cameos didn't get unused in Sonic the Fighters, we'd have to play Pengo (as part of stage decor) and Fighting Vipers (as a playable character, available in the 360 port)

Also Fighters Megamix because it includes Bark and Bean.
And if you think about it Bark does seem a bit inspired by Jeffry from Virtua Fighter..... But that's just me theorizing out loud.

There's also the whole NiGHTS situation. Placing your bets on Sam using "NiGHTS" or "Nights".
ChuChu Rocket too due to Sonic Battle too...

Also the Sega crossover games that feature Sonic characters. I'd make an exception for the Eyetoy one to avoid doxxing rao, or maybe putting on a mask or something? I don't want raocow's image being leaked for the sake of All the Sonic one shots.

I really don't care about how raocow wants to play the game. Whichever way he prefers is best. If the joke runs dry, then he can always change it. It's his channel.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I think you should stick with per act raocow; you made it clear that that's what you were settled on doing and so many people just assumed you hadn't thought that out or didn't know what you were getting into. I think they don't have enough faith in your ability to make decisions for yourself.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.