(shouting)

Star Fox (SNES) - Beyond this world strange things are known

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: Star Fox (SNES) - ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION

Post by Blivsey »

abedebedebep!

it means "i love you" in star fox ese!
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Star Fox (SNES) - ATTENTION ALL MEMES OF VOICEOVER PETE

Post by Awoo »

abacab

Means something in Genesis

this was stupid off topic

Never really did play Star Fox back in the day, but then again I never did have it for N64 or SNES!
It's still super neat and I played it at friends houses. Looking forward to the next few days/week :3
Haven't seen a full play through of it!
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I've never seen this game before. I can't really tell what's going on on the screen
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Wow polygons

Sorry that's all I have to say for now
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Soooooooo many porygons

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
kurt91

Post by kurt91 »

Fun Fact: This game was too complex for the SNES to handle correctly, even with the SuperFX chip. The developers "fixed" the problem by increasing how fast everything was meant to go, so that it would be evened out by the low frame-rate.

A result of this is that if you "overclock" the game with your emulator, you can play the game at a better frame-rate, and everything as far as sound effects and music is concerned still work properly. Even sped up, the game is still perfectly playable and actually looks better than it does in it's normal form.

So, raocow, do you think that maybe since you've played this game before and you're already familiar with it, you could do one of the later routes or a bonus video where you try the game at the unlocked frame-rate and see what you think?
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Kleetus wrote: 4 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: Yes. The Super FX chip (there was also a FX2) allowed actual 3d polygons on the SNES. The chip was built into specific late SNES cartridges.
The fact that you could slap extra stuff into a cartridge to boost the console is super cool.
It's not necessary any more with all the bells and whistles you can cram into a machine now.
I remember that there were GBA games with gyroscopes and rumble packs. I'm certain there was even one with a solar panel.
Boktai

I tried SNES Star Fox a few times on emulators because I played the shit out of SF64 as a kid and it still holds up super well, but I never got far in the original. Usually when people complain about low framerate I don't even get it, like I never notice something being off in any meaningful way, but it's crazy obvious in SNES Star Fox what it really means to have a LOW framerate. It almost hurts my eyes, and adds an extra strain just to see what's going on.

I don't think I ever even saw a full LP of it, so this is actually very neat! As long as I don't have to play it...
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Kleetus wrote: 4 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: Yes. The Super FX chip (there was also a FX2) allowed actual 3d polygons on the SNES. The chip was built into specific late SNES cartridges.
The fact that you could slap extra stuff into a cartridge to boost the console is super cool.
It's not necessary any more with all the bells and whistles you can cram into a machine now.
I remember that there were GBA games with gyroscopes and rumble packs. I'm certain there was even one with a solar panel.
There were three of those last one, and two of them even made it overseas (and they're considered part of the Emulator Test Suite now, since solar sensor emulation is actually a thing)
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: Star Fox (SNES)

Post by KobaBeach »

BurntTenda wrote: 4 years ago
KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago i'm actually acquaintances with the guy who commissions a lot of lewd pictures of falco (and sometimes fox) as a giant
I'm glad someone who knows him is on the talkhaus
That's cool
I think
he's legitimately one of the nicest people in the furry fandom, he's a treasure

Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Re: Star Fox (SNEMUL)

Post by Piesonscreations »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago A Star Fox Thing?

this should totally be a thing

Thanks y'all

Also, as much as I would want to make that a thing, my programming knowledge begins and ends at like level 5 of Moana Hour of Code.
ImageImage
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Psst

This game is the height of the series

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

AuraLancer wrote: 4 years ago Psst

This game is the height of the series

You say as the 64 version/sequel/remake is the one that keeps getting remade.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Musically

raekuul

Post by raekuul »

I changed the thread title yesterday in order to jump in on a snowclone train and now I've gone ahead and gotten more Rush song quotes ready for the rest of the episodes (assuming one level per stage and that Venom 2 on each route has the Andross fight in with it).
raekuul

Re: Star Fox (SNES) - Leave me alone, let me rock and roll

Post by raekuul »

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Today's boss also reappeared in Starfox 64, also as the 2nd boss on the easy path (also an asteriod level!).

Yesterday's boss was also in the first level of Stafox 64, but was reserved for the secret path.
It appeared again in Starfox Zero, this time in all-range mode fight (like all other bosses in that game), in the 4th to last level in the game.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I don't know about "a star fox thing" or analogizng those portraits to actual characters but like. they should totally be used in somse sequence in some game somewhere
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Star Fox is basically a series of remakes

it's interesting to see what the first batch of source material was
video games
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

▵△i absolutely adore the graphics of this game✧゚△▵ mainly because it is so abstract and surreal with its geometric shapes and bright palettes ·· ohgosh⁝⁛⁙ and AND the frog sprite is just so cute— i dont know why theyre grey but theyre super duper cute☆ also are the bosses this abstract through the whole game⁇ major thumbs up from me if so ۫ ۬✛⋆
ImageImage
churine

Post by churine »

Peliptia wrote: 4 years ago☆ also are the bosses this abstract through the whole game⁇ major thumbs up from me if so ۫ ۬✛⋆

you're going to love the last episode of the lp when raocow shows off the secrets

I really like the abstract look inherent to the sfx 3d, it is pretty rough here and the framerate is unwieldy with the game, but starfox 2 manages to make it look really neat
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago I don't know about "a star fox thing" or analogizng those portraits to actual characters but like. they should totally be used in somse sequence in some game somewhere
Well I just want to see portraits of Sheath and Kood, and then I can sleep happy
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Peliptia
(ˈpe-lip-SHēə) / [ˈpɛ-lɪp-ʃiə]

Post by Peliptia »

churine wrote: 4 years ago

you're going to love the last episode of the lp when raocow shows off the secrets

I really like the abstract look inherent to the sfx 3d, it is pretty rough here and the framerate is unwieldy with the game, but starfox 2 manages to make it look really neat
♡❤ i cant wait#♡ ♡❤♡ ive seen some sort of sfx 3D driving-monster-truck game on the snes✧ ゚ but thats it⁝⁛⁙ hopefully rao plays starfox 2 someday too⚊ but if not i am totally gonna look it up for myself because i really love the look of these
ImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Star Fox (SNES) - Leave me alone, I'm busy

Post by Awoo »

Peliptia wrote: 4 years ago
churine wrote: 4 years ago

♡❤ i cant wait#♡ ♡❤♡ ive seen some sort of sfx 3D driving-monster-truck game on the snes✧ ゚ but thats it⁝⁛⁙ hopefully rao plays starfox 2 someday too⚊ but if not i am totally gonna look it up for myself because i really love the look of these
Stunt Race FX? I remember reading strategy guides for it back in the day, but until emulation circa-1999 or so I didn't have access to SNES games

oh how I don't miss you, but still have nostalgia for you, SNEmul...

That game still looks neat. I doubt this laptop I'm currently using could even play it :ehh:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I remember Route 1 being an absolute cakewalk for the most part. Nice to see that the memories are holding up well. Didn't play this one until a couple years ago though since there were a ton of series that slipped through the cracks in the SNES era for me here.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Do your wingmate kills contribute to your score? The definitely don't in 64 (which can be a problem in Sector Z).

Those spaceships in today's level (big a small, especially the last one) are all over the place in Starfox Zero.

Question: How the heck did the SNES animate the Triforce without the Super FX chip?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica