(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Peace For A Little While

Post by Mandew »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago
Awoo wrote: 4 years ago
ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago Isn't it easier to just buy him consoles in some cases
I have PC CD copies of both Sonic R, Sonic 3D Blast, and the Sonic 3&K collection I'd be willing to donate to raocow should those be necessary
(though I imagine they're not the hardest things to emulate, 3&K being a much better game on the actual console or the Sonic 3 Complete romhack being quite possibly the best example)
S&K Collection is on archive.org, 3d blast he said he's playing the original genesis version, i think sonic r he was gonna play the saturn version.
Isn't the S&K collection the PC version with the less good music?
video games
Grounder

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Peace For Now

Post by Grounder »

i demand my sonic & garfield pack :partygator:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
warpio

Post by warpio »

This is still a long way off, but has anyone brought up the question of whether raocow will be able to record videos of 3DS games? He managed to avoid this in AtMM because there were no 3DS-exclusive Megaman titles, but for All the Sonics there will eventually be a need to figure out how to capture video from 3DS hardware.

The best resource I could find for this is this video from My Life in Gaming.

Not sure if any of these solutions are adequate yet at this point though.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Peace For No Time At All

Post by Awoo »

Mandew wrote: 4 years ago Isn't the S&K collection the PC version with the less good music?
Yeah. It's still a physical copy that I have from ages ago, though.

I know Sonic CD is on Steam, but I don't know about the rest! Haven't been on steam in probably a few years
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Peace For No Time At All

Post by Mandew »

Mandew wrote: 4 years ago Isn't the S&K collection the PC version with the less good music?
Yeah. It's still a physical copy that I have from ages ago, though.

I know Sonic CD is on Steam, but I don't know about the rest! Haven't been on steam in probably a few years
All the genesis Sonic games are part of this:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/3427 ... _Classics/

They're also sold seperate:

Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
video games
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago /r/ changing the subtitle of this thread to "Peace For Now, BUT WILL IT LAST !!!"
Quoting this because it was actually a semi-serious request that had the misfortune of being at the bottom of a page
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Peace For A Little While

Post by SAJewers »

Mandew wrote: 4 years ago
SAJewers wrote: 4 years ago

I have PC CD copies of both Sonic R, Sonic 3D Blast, and the Sonic 3&K collection I'd be willing to donate to raocow should those be necessary
(though I imagine they're not the hardest things to emulate, 3&K being a much better game on the actual console or the Sonic 3 Complete romhack being quite possibly the best example)
S&K Collection is on archive.org, 3d blast he said he's playing the original genesis version, i think sonic r he was gonna play the saturn version.
Isn't the S&K collection the PC version with the less good music?
if by "less good" you mean "uses MIDI instead of the original Genesis recordings", then yes.

If you don't use the Default "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth", and use a hardware MIDI Synth or a software solution like VirtualMIDISynth paired with a soundfont, I don't think it sounds too bad.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i think mandew's talking about carnival night, ice cap, and launch base having different music entirely in the sonic & knuckles collection, which is subjectively (

read: objectively

) worse than the original compositions for those zones. (also knuckles theme is different and sonic 3 standalone has different credits music)

anyway, MainMemory's Sonic & Knuckles Collection mod loader has built into it the capability to replace all the midi music in the game with SMPS sound engine versions instead, bringing the genesis sound to the collection. i'm pretty sure it even has support for SMPS versions of the subjectively (

objectively

) worse collection-exclusive tracks, if peoples want that!
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years ago /r/ changing the subtitle of this thread to "Peace For Now, BUT WILL IT LAST !!!"
Quoting this because it was actually a semi-serious request that had the misfortune of being at the bottom of a page
that's reserved for when we play the last of the weird megamen (Xover??? I hope we can find a way for raocow to end this on Xover that'd be hilarious)

I'm thinking like
661 dr. wily & right no rockboard: that's paradise!
662 soccer
663 strategy
664 super adventure rockman
665 battle and chase
666 Xover

but I'm probably forgetting some more and weirder games
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

That just means IT WILL NOT LAST !!! though.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Mea

Post by Mea »

warpio wrote: 4 years ago This is still a long way off, but has anyone brought up the question of whether raocow will be able to record videos of 3DS games? He managed to avoid this in AtMM because there were no 3DS-exclusive Megaman titles, but for All the Sonics there will eventually be a need to figure out how to capture video from 3DS hardware.
3DS emulation seemed pretty good when I tried it out recently, I don't think it should be a problem.
If he really wants to play on the hardware without anyone having to pay for those specially modded 3DSs, there's always a method using NTR CFW. It essentially streams the footage over your wifi network to a program on your PC. I've only tried it on a really crappy school dorm wifi so I don't know how viable this option is with a good, private setup or whatever raocow's internet situation is like, but it could be an option.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Hmm. If it's okay, could we slow down or even stop on the Sonic talk in this thread at this point? It's more a request than a mod statement here, but it'd be nice is all I'm saying.
Kilgamayan wrote: 4 years agochanging the subtitle of this thread to "Peace For Now, BUT WILL IT LAST !!!"
I honestly thought about that instead of the "For Now" part.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago Decided to look up the stats on this whole series, so I figured I'd post them here.

Running Time: 5 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes, and 34 seconds
Average Video Length: 12 minutes and 51 seconds
Longest Episodes: 576 - albert erving (54:21) / 558 - heart of the serpent (49:14) / 448 - king for a day* (45:30)
Shortest Episodes: 37 - before I break (1:04) / 79 - pickaxe (1:42) / 44 - the silence (1:44)
You forgot the most important statistics! Which individual LPs were the longest and shortest in terms of total episodes? :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I mean X4 is almost certainly the longest since it was played twice
Unless you include gaiden which would make powered up the longest
And the shortest is probably either arcade game, those were what 3-4 vids each? DOS 1 was 5 iirc, too.

Actually just checked the OPs, DOS1 is the shortest, the arcade games were 6 & 7 each.
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All the Sonics - plz thread o3o

Post by Awoo »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago Hmm. If it's okay, could we slow down or even stop on the Sonic talk in this thread at this point? It's more a request than a mod statement here, but it'd be nice is all I'm saying.
Is there a way we could have a non-official placeholder thread for the Sonic(s)? Just something to continue the discussion until the time is right to have someone host an official thread for raocow's next C-side? I feel it would be more efficient and allow this thread to be more Megaman centred
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago Hmm. If it's okay, could we slow down or even stop on the Sonic talk in this thread at this point? It's more a request than a mod statement here, but it'd be nice is all I'm saying.
Is there a way we could have a non-official placeholder thread for the Sonic(s)? Just something to continue the discussion until the time is right to have someone host an official thread for raocow's next C-side? I feel it would be more efficient and allow this thread to be more Megaman centred
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18520
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Awoo wrote: 4 years agoIs there a way we could have a non-official placeholder thread for the Sonic(s)? Just something to continue the discussion until the time is right to have someone host an official thread for raocow's next C-side? I feel it would be more efficient and allow this thread to be more Megaman centred
There's a Sonic thread in The Cartridge if you want to use that, especially since you all are more talking about the games than raocow's own eventual playing of them. It'd be nice since the last couple of pages have been talk about games that wouldn't even be covered for another year or so at the very least.

...Or Grounder could create a thread while I'm typing this up. Heh!
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: All the Finale

Post by Awoo »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18520
Thanks, Grounder!
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Re: All the Mega Men One-Shots - Now Boarding

Post by Bean »

Oh spit, here we go again.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

i can't believe mega man had a battle royale mode on the nes
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

Can't believe Monopoly Man took over

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

CASTLES WILL MAKE
ME A PRINCESS!
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Negative

Post by Negative »

I didn't realize how much I wanted to see raocow play Mario Party/Fortune Street/some other board gamey video game before this. I feel like raocow's commentary really works with a relaxed game like this.
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker

Post by Super Maks 64 »

So, what happened in the end?
Did you just stop recording at that point?
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

With the amount Kalinka has to remind us of how happy she is, I'm starting to believe she's having some real personal issues.