(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Peace For Now

Post by Mata Hari »

In a general context I'd agree but in this specific context I would like people to stop bickering
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Hey here's a tip if you don't like sonic games:

You can just not watch all the sonics! Let the rest of us enjoy a thing! It's okay to just let people enjoy things!
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Mata Hari wrote: 4 years agoAlice while I don't think you've done anything wrong specifically you really ought to know that the statement 'I don't understand why people like <thing>' - while probably true in a literal sense - does tend to come across as 'other people are wrong for liking <thing>'. The fact that you ought to know that by now does make it feel like you're skirting a line. Next time try to be more like 'I don't personally enjoy <thing>'.
If that's the way it came across, I do apologize since that wasn't my intention. I legitimately was just voicing my bafflement about the subject and not trying to imply they were wrong for disagreeing with me. I will try to word things better in the future so that what I'm saying doesn't get misinterpreted though.

However I don't feel like I'm really the one out of line here even if that was the case. Koba's reaction was completely unwarranted and Arctangent's reaction is just a shitposty strawman that serves no actual constructive purpose, nor does it defuse the situation in any way. (And this is something they have a history of doing on the talkhaus for as long as I can remember and the moderators never appear to do anything about it.)
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

SAJewers wrote: 4 years agothough research is still needed on some of the latter series games
I hope this means "finding a way for raocow to lp wii games" in turn meaning "Wario Land Shake It sometime after vb wario"
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

this is a nice side-effect of the c-side is that if forces me to really figure out some emulation things that otherwise I get really inactive with

thanks to atmm I'm really confident with playstation now, for example
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

churine wrote: 4 years ago
SAJewers wrote: 4 years agothough research is still needed on some of the latter series games
I hope this means "finding a way for raocow to lp wii games" in turn meaning "Wario Land Shake It sometime after vb wario"
Reminder that the Wii being two Gamecubes taped together isn't completely a meme, and that we've seen the Battle Network platformer. The issue is how best to work around motion controls, not getting the game itself to run.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Alice wrote: 4 years agoIf that's the way it came across, I do apologize since that wasn't my intention. I legitimately was just voicing my bafflement about the subject and not trying to imply they were wrong for disagreeing with me. I will try to word things better in the future so that what I'm saying doesn't get misinterpreted though.
I'm happy to take your word for that but I hope you appreciate it's not always easy to tell when people are being disingenuous online.
Alice wrote: 4 years agoHowever I don't feel like I'm really the one out of line here even if that was the case. Koba's reaction was completely unwarranted and Arctangent's reaction is just a shitposty strawman that serves no actual constructive purpose, nor does it defuse the situation in any way. (And this is something they have a history of doing on the talkhaus for as long as I can remember and the moderators never appear to do anything about it.)
I have warned Koba for his post which I agree was weirdly combative and deleted Arctangent's... less than constructive offering. I don't really want to comment on past moderation.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Mandew wrote: 4 years ago "i legitimately don't understand why people like these games" is an acceptable statement, though.
I would go a little further in caution and say that unless you're able to respond to those points regarding what makes people like them, "I don't understand" is on you and not on them.

This is not necessarily meant to blame that person - we have our moments of shortcomings - but there is a difference between acknowledging that it would be due to insufficient understanding on your part and unreasonably faulting others for it.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago
Mandew wrote: 4 years ago "i legitimately don't understand why people like these games" is an acceptable statement, though.
I would go a little further in caution and say that unless you're able to respond to those points regarding what makes people like them, "I don't understand" is on you and not on them.

This is not necessarily meant to blame that person - we have our moments of shortcomings - but there is a difference between acknowledging that it would be due to insufficient understanding on your part and unreasonably faulting others for it.
A most welcome elaboration. Thank you very much!
video games
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago
Reminder that the Wii being two Gamecubes taped together isn't completely a meme, and that we've seen the Battle Network platformer. The issue is how best to work around motion controls, not getting the game itself to run.
obviously this doesn't cover the other wii sonic platformers, but it's worth noting that sonic colors has gamecube controller and classic controller support, meaning it can be played without motion controls
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Playstation 4 controller touchpad, obviously
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I mean,

one of the games on this list has a note saying raocow will need to figure out how to get a wiimote working with Dolphin if he wants the true experience...

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Pieces For Now

Post by Awoo »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago this is a nice side-effect of the c-side is that if forces me to really figure out some emulation things that otherwise I get really inactive with

Hey, raocow, any chance you'll play through the Sonic Xtreme tech demo for Saturn? nyoro~n
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't know if I know what that is
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

i'm honestly most excited about all the weird game gear sonics
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
SAJewers

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Pieces For Now

Post by SAJewers »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago
raocow wrote: 4 years ago this is a nice side-effect of the c-side is that if forces me to really figure out some emulation things that otherwise I get really inactive with

Hey, raocow, any chance you'll play through the Sonic Xtreme tech demo for Saturn? nyoro~n
i'm still holding out hope he plays the sonic the hedgehog screensaver so maybe Image
raocow wrote:I don't know if I know what that is
https://tcrf.net/Sonic_X-treme
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 4 years ago i'm honestly most excited about all the weird game gear sonics
i cant wait for taiils to die :monstrosity:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

I didn't realise that the C-Side opened up some tenacities on raocow rather than just marathoning the series but the stresses of finding good emulation. Keep this up raocow until you hit a certain point that you need to find a good PS3 Emulator for a certain game.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Isn't it easier to just buy him consoles in some cases
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Peace For A Little While

Post by Awoo »

ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago Isn't it easier to just buy him consoles in some cases
I have PC CD copies of both Sonic R, Sonic 3D Blast, and the Sonic 3&K collection I'd be willing to donate to raocow should those be necessary
(though I imagine they're not the hardest things to emulate, 3&K being a much better game on the actual console or the Sonic 3 Complete romhack being quite possibly the best example)

Though I suppose the real question is if we can get raocow to play these:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

...and on the 632nd day, raocow rested.
I change this sig every year for Advent
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Decided to look up the stats on this whole series, so I figured I'd post them here.

Running Time: 5 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes, and 34 seconds
Average Video Length: 12 minutes and 51 seconds
Longest Episodes: 576 - albert erving (54:21) / 558 - heart of the serpent (49:14) / 448 - king for a day* (45:30)
Shortest Episodes: 37 - before I break (1:04) / 79 - pickaxe (1:42) / 44 - the silence (1:44)
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

going back a bit but something to understand about the way sonic levels work and the way you don't always go fast despite that being a key element of sonic games-going fast in sonic is by and large treated the same way coins or collectibles are treated.
which is to say, it's a reward.
you complete platforming segments, and then get fairly straightforward bits with lots of continuous ground, often with boost objects and/or tunnels/loops to breeze through. you get to hit boosters or springs, hear some cool sound effects, fly through a portion of the level and cover a lot of ground.

it's like completing a jumping segment in mario world and getting a dragon coin as a reward. (obviously sonic also has shinies to grab, but it's another layer of reward.) the audio-visual feedback feels good, it's a little dopamine hit as a reward for platforming well. and as you learn levels better, you can go fast more easily and in areas that aren't 100% explicitly built with that in mind.

besides that, the heavy momentum is something that either you like or you don't. I don't like it, I like full control and being able to switch directions on a dime in midair, etc, but a lot of people like to build up speed for platforming. it's a different skillset and a subjective difference. (on the flipside, I DO like momentum in FPS-I really like any kind of FPS that lets me bunnyhop, rocketjump, etc. just in platformers I like very direct snappy control.)
SAJewers

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Peace For A Little While

Post by SAJewers »

Awoo wrote: 4 years ago
ano0maly wrote: 4 years ago Isn't it easier to just buy him consoles in some cases
I have PC CD copies of both Sonic R, Sonic 3D Blast, and the Sonic 3&K collection I'd be willing to donate to raocow should those be necessary
(though I imagine they're not the hardest things to emulate, 3&K being a much better game on the actual console or the Sonic 3 Complete romhack being quite possibly the best example)
S&K Collection is on archive.org, 3d blast he said he's playing the original genesis version, i think sonic r he was gonna play the saturn version.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

/r/ changing the subtitle of this thread to "Peace For Now, BUT WILL IT LAST !!!"
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image