(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Finale

Post by Validon98 »

In some ways I'm sad that this is over, I saw the beginnings of all the megamen, missed a big chunk of the middle parts, and came back in around Mega Man 9 and watched the rest on, and man, it's crazy how much Mega Man exists series-wise, for good and bad. Mega Man 11's also alright too and maybe it'll be a proper resurrection for the series, maybe not? I dunno.

Next time eventually some time in the future... all the sonic huh. That'll be a time when it happens.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago it's going to be divided by act, because that's the funniest decision

yes video lengths are going to be mad inconsistant between games
fantastic

I look forward to your knuckles Hidden Palace video

i'm also realizing that this C-side could be referred to as

All the Sega Man
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I bought MM11 in the middle of raocow LPing it (because it went on sale), and was surprised that I could just blow through it within like three days and catch up to his videos before the end. Surprised and quite happy! Both because I didn't miss the finale, and because it didn't give me a hard time.

In fact, it's a fantastic game. I made this loose list of things I liked and thought could be better on another forum, expand if you care about my random opinion:
My overall goods:
- All the bosses are fun fights with fair to avoid attacks, interesting patterns and extremely cool super attacks. No extended periods of invincibility (even for the shield guy!), no pray for the best projectile spam, and they even go down relatively quickly with just charged buster shots because they have sensible openings to hit them with. I didn't even dread the refights!
- The Speed Gear is an excellent equalizer, giving you a good out for situations that look a bit too tough to handle when you're still learning, and making some of the more demanding challenges doable. Still, it still feels like they designed the game with it being encouraged, not required, and that's nice.
- Despite Power Gear existing, enemy health is not inflated over the board. I've started Superhero Mode now, and there it's much more the case that a quick Power activation will reeeally help where in Normal Mode just a normal charge would have sufficed, but that's fine - it's a hard mode after all.
- The special weapon set has absolutely no duds, I've used all of them quite a bit and the added flexibility with the Gear is wonderful.
- Weapon quick select is inspired and I love it. Same goes for dedicated Rush buttons. This is the best control scheme a Mega Man game ever had, and it only took 30 years to perfect it!
- The Wily capsule is fun?!?!??!!
- Speaking of, extra level just for the final boss fight, thank you thank you thank you. Hate that "refights THEN three phases of the final boss" horseshit MM9 pulled.
- Yoku block segment is mercifully contained to two rooms where it's a pure puzzle without a death penalty.
- Thank Christ for having charge and slide back.

And the few bads:
- Energy Balancer should be built-in!!! (pet peeve, obviously you can buy it instantly though and before you'd ever possibly need it)
- Extra lives are still a system that exists, even though their time has passed at least two decades ago. Especially in these long levels, game overing at the final stretch should not be an extra pressure point. I will die on this hill. The only good thing about this is that bolts are so plentiful that you can just buy up to nine all the time; took me only four Robot Masters to realize that (of course, I couldn't have known how disposable the currency really is from the get-go).
- It's even more baffling to me that extra lives (and E-Tanks) in stages don't respawn, ever. It makes zero sense to me why they did that.
- fuck the yellow devil (it's not even that hard but I hate it on principle)
- The game is, in fact, a bit short and light on content.
Great game, great series, great end and I'm looking forward to the next big thing!
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

So is All the Sonics going to include the 3D Sonics? Because if so, that series is going to be a wild ride.

I admit that for this series I skipped all of the entries that weren't part of the main numbered Megaman series. (Let me tell you, the wait between Megaman 8 and Megaman 9 was rough.) But I'm really glad that Mega Man 11 ended up being so fun, and a great note to end the series on.

I'm much, much more familiar with Sonic than Megaman (to the point where I think I played almost every sonic game between the first one and Shadow the Hedgehog) so it's going to be entertaining seeing those games again!
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Back when he had it listed in the Coming Up Next thread, raocow initially had it as "all the sanics", which he then later clarified to "all the 2D sanics".

So it depends on whether raocow has changed his mind since then (I'm going to assume he hasn't, if only because including all the 3D ones would kind of imply doing Unleashed twice since the PS2/Wii version is drastically different from the 360/PS3 version, to say nothing of the game that came out between Shadow and Unleashed).
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago it's going to be divided by act, because that's the funniest decision

yes video lengths are going to be mad inconsistant between games
thank god

i'm hoping you'll have some option to save state between loading zone transitions in adventure 1 to keep this up in that game
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Crow

Post by Crow »

It's not All the 2D Sonics anymore, I can tell you that much

I will say that there are gonna be a lot more games before the first 3D game than you'd expect
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

oh hell yes,

Sonic R

, let's go
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 11 - Finale

Post by Awoo »

10204307 wrote: 4 years ago oh hell yes,

Sonic R

, let's go

can't you feel the sunshine

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Sonic R

, let's go
bub

I dunno how to tell you this, but sonic r is 3d

it's not even actually the first one, even discounting 3d blast
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

I'm just psyched for Sonic's Schoolhouse.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Blivsey wrote: 4 years ago im so excited for All This

i posted a theoretical All the Sonics list idk how long ago and im sorry for possibly Peer Pressuring you into it

He's been talking about this in the patapon spotzone for more than a year by now i think.

Funny enough, I think a number of us in there helped him out in making the full list, and getting things working, etc.

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Crow

Post by Crow »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago

Sonic R

, let's go
bub

as long as it's a sonic game where you run with your feet, it's being considered
Donut

Post by Donut »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago as long as it's a sonic game where you run with your feet, it's being considered
So does this include or exclude Sonic Labyrinth?
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Re: All the Mega Men - Everlasting Peace For Now

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

I just wanna say, after the extreme length of this series, THIS is why I love raocow. Very few people would commit this hard to a project. This wasn't just a single huge game that might take a hundred parts or two (DT3, for keeping within raocow examples) but many, many different games that could play super differently or be.... DOS. Good games, bad games, weird ones... Even Battle Network which had caught me so off guard when he did it. This was a journey on such a grand scale when you really peel back the lid. It all comes together thanks to an equally dedicated community.

And he's still not done with it. And planning another already, and probably more later too. Whenever another Megaman comes around that fits in with the formula, we'll be back to AtMM. And that just amazes me on a level it probably shouldn't. But the dedication is awesome.

As for the announcement of all the Saw, I'm pretty excited. I played the Saw games as a kid but never got huge into it, but Saw Adventure 2 is my favorite and Saw 06 is... yeah... But given the info we have so far, we'll probably get to see it some day soonish, and I can't wait to be continually amazed.

What's this Sonic thing you guys are talking about? He totally said "Saw"
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Do you want to play a bunch of games?
Taigiry

Post by Taigiry »

And so, after nearly 2 years, ATMM comes to an end. It's gonna be weird without the daily Megaman video now, but at least the series ended on a high note with plenty of fun stuff in between. From Elmar Fudd Light, to ASMR Light to speed gear Wily all the way in the last episode. Not to mention raocow trashtalking Auto all the time.

I've actually never played a single Megaman game, so most of that was fairly new to me and pretty educational. So thank you for your dedication to this project and showing all of the main games, the good, the bad and the weird.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Congrats on finally finishing this project, raocow. I'm truly impressed that you did the *whole dang thing*. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago I'm also going for zones tbh

I'm also voting for not repeating zones in the most likely inevitable Shadow LP (because that's a platformer)
Possibly varying characters between each Sonic Advance zone like the old SAdv1&2 LPs on LP Archive? i confused it for something else

My prediction for games in this series:

Sonic Blast

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Pocket Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Advance

Sonic Advance 2

Sonic Heroes

Sonic Advance 3

Sonic Rush
Shadow the Hedgehog (no PC version! Emulator?)

Sonic 06 (no PC version! Capture card?)

Sonic Rush Adventure

Sonic Unleashed (PS2/Wii) (no PC version! Emulator?)
Sonic Unleashed (PS3/360) (no PC version! Capture card?)

Sonic 4 Episode 1
Sonic Colors (no PC version! Emulator?)
Sonic Colors (DS)

Sonic Generations
Sonic Generations (3DS) (no Emulator! Capture card?)

Sonic 4 Episode 2

Sonic Lost World
Sonic Lost World (3DS) (no Emulator! Capture card?)

Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces
Sonic Unleashed 360, Sonic 06 and the 3DS games will be problematic since they'll require recording from console so...
Regarding emulation. Dolphin should be able to easily handle Shadow the Edgehog and Sonic Unleashed, I'd need to double check it with Sonic Colors fairly certain it works fine though.

Sonic Unleashed (PS3) Looks like it works with the RPCS3 emulator. Recent reddit post on it.
Sonic 06 would be tricky. It doesn't seem like it works well with RPCS3.

If it is emulated, Sonic Colors has Wii-mote controls iirc. It's actually alot easier to connect a Wii-mote to your computer than you think. Assuming you have bluetooth, might need an infrared bar for that game though.

This list also leaves out the very high quality sonic games of Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight. Both of which work on Dolphin. Those games are actually worse than Sonic 06.

I'd regard any any emulation of those later generation games as tenative regarding how one's computer handles it.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Zummorr wrote: 4 years ago This list also leaves out the very high quality sonic games of Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight. Both of which work on Dolphin. Those games are actually worse than Sonic 06.
They are objectively better in that they aren't glitchy messes, and Black Knight probably has the best story out of a Sonic game.

Whether that would make for a better LP is maybe a different story.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Zummorr wrote: 4 years ago Sonic 06 would be tricky. It doesn't seem like it works well with RPCS3.
I mean, it doesn't "work well" with most anything, PS3, Xbox 360, human psyche...
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago They are objectively better

slightly less bad is still bad
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

KobaBeach wrote: 4 years ago
Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago They are objectively better

slightly less bad is still bad
I know. My issue was solely with Zum calling them even worse.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago
Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago

Sonic R

, let's go
bub

as long as it's a sonic game where you run with your feet, it's being considered
sanicball :(

anyway mega man sucks and is dumb the end
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I don't want to post the list that's currently in the patapon spotzone (raocow can do that when he's ready, but the current list (provided it's still up-to-date) is

games (with a few question marks).
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB