(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Finale

Post by Ashan »

Well Mega Man is in the thread title and also I have literally no clue which post is slut shaming. The person who said Bodak Yellow is stripper music? raocow for saying he doesn't necessarily endorse every song? The person who said Cardi B is objectionable? Maybe all of them, who knows
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Never expected raocow he would listen to some stripper music.
During her teenage years, Cardi B was employed at a supermarket in Lower Manhattan, which was the last job that she held before turning to stripping at the age of 19. Upon being fired from the supermarket, her former manager recommended she work at a strip club. She has made it clear that she'd become a stripper in order to escape poverty and domestic violence, having been in an abusive relationship at the time. Cardi B has also said that becoming a stripper was positive for her life in many ways: "It really saved me from a lot of things. When I started stripping I went back to school." She says stripping was her only way out in which she earned enough money to escape her dire situation and get an education. She attended Borough of Manhattan Community College before eventually dropping out.
Truly a shame that google or wikipedia don't exist am i right it's better to partake in bad faith arguments that go nowhere in an attempt to look morally superior

I would have kept it to just that one post if it wasn't for your reply just know that
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I'm pretty sure he was saying it's music that plays when strippers are stripping. "some stripper music" not "some stripper's music"
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Ashan wrote: 4 years ago
1 0
days since hamfisted politics in an LP thread
Believe me, I would be over the moon if there was never again cause to call out hurtful/hateful opinions in LP threads.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I really like this first Wily stage. It's definitely a step up in difficulty from most of the robot master stages, which I like as it encourages you to make use of the weapons you've obtained by now. I personally used Acid Barrier a lot, but as raocow demonstrated that's not the only way through the stage. Now that I'm more experienced at the game I also find it fun to run through with just the buster. Just running through all the gear platforms while occasionally stopping for a moment to dodge a bullet, or firing a well timed shot to eliminate a pylon's missile, all while being at risk of death with just one mistake is something I find really exhilarating.

While some people might not be happy to see the Yellow Devil here, but I don't mind too much, even if it does have the exact same pattern from the very first game. Here you have charge shots to help make things faster, and it doesn't take too long for it to start using its speed gear. While it's using the speed gear you can hit it with up to three charge shots, making things go much faster than if it just did it's regular pattern all day.

materazzithegamer

Post by materazzithegamer »

Did not know that my post would spark a moral discussion. Like that dude said I meant that it's stripclub music. Not because of Cardi B's background.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Even if the comment didn't intentionally refer the Cardi B's work history, it would be worth questioning why a song that was immensely popular with the general public (#1 hit, multiple award nominations, gold/platinum certification in several countries) and was ubiquitous in a wide variety of contexts is creating a mental association with strip clubs. It might sound to you like a harmless dismissal of music you don't take seriously, but there are likely some cultural assumptions behind that association that warrant re-evaluating.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Wily has a weird shiny Forretress.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

hey its me the octopus head and im here to MEGA ruin your day

i sucked at the game so much/grinded so much that i was op with parts and items when i fought him and he was still a bit of a pain
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I dealt with this boss by just throwing bouncing balls everywhere. I don't think they're his weakness but they go all over the place so they're pretty good at hitting him.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Mawverne is a curious boss. He is actually HARDER if you have the shot size increase upgrade on (but you can turn it off at will).

You were just hitting the very edge of its shell so the charge shot was being blocked. You definitely have to aim well on this one, especially with the Power Gear charge.
Dragon Fogel wrote: 4 years ago I dealt with this boss by just throwing bouncing balls everywhere. I don't think they're his weakness but they go all over the place so they're pretty good at hitting him.
They are. They open the shell in one hit.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

This video is karmic whiplash for how you breezed through Wily 1.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Cyril wrote: 4 years ago the song title for today's vid looked like some metal as hell crap and it sure was
turns out the song is much longer than today's video, even. doom metal is wild
i'm going wild that two titles were picked off the same album like this, maybe i should listen to this one now
i'm also real curious what raocow's been using to find song titles

update i spent like 5 seconds listening to one of the songs and it sounds like garbage nvm

"an otter's soup doesn't sound like it would be very good" :<

the flawless boss defeat was fantastic tho
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

materazzithegamer wrote: 4 years ago Did not know that my post would spark a moral discussion. Like that dude said I meant that it's stripclub music. Not because of Cardi B's background.
My apologies to you and Ashan, then.

I'm just used to too many people being Awful what with this being the year of our lord 2019 and literal fascism being mainstream politics
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

It looks like at some point off camera you finally learned to turn off the gear before the bar filled up so you don't have to wait 6 weeks for it to cool down so you can use it again. Something finally clicked! Too bad it's like right at the end
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

oh man oh man the totally real finale tomorrow and there wont be any more episodes what are you talking about

Kind of a long credits sequence, so if you want to reflect on the series as a whole, you may as well do it then and not save it for the Gaiden Showcase finale.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Little late on the explanation here, but Mawverne is weak to the Bounce Ball due to that whole electric shield thing it has protecting it. I generally fight it with the buster anyway because it's more fun that way. Like usual, the desperation attack will catch you off guard but really isn't too bad once you learn how it works. Speed Gear helps counter its laser blasts easily. It also reminds me a lot of the one Wily boss in Mega Man 5, Circring Q9, since it's also got that whole shield deal around itself, too.

As for the boss rush, you already guessed it a few vids ago: Block > Acid > Impact > Bounce > Fuse > Tundra > Torch > Blast > Block
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

the weakness chain makes good sense in this game!

cool explosions beat boring squares
science loses to a brick tossed at it
you cant stab acid
knives are terrible at bouncing
to cause millions of dollars in damages to a transformer, throw a superball at it
electric attack beats the high flying types
you have to close summer camp for the winter
and premature detonation is a big problem in movies

Perfect as Always, Mega Man!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Stage 3 is just a boss refight, but it adheres to one of the core reasons to why it exists in the first place.

You have all the weapons at this point and they're all really good. It is just a good time to use them all here, especially since your weapons now refill between stages.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

What a long, strange trip it's been

Can't wait for tomorrow so I can re-disappear for months on end only to pop back up just in time for some random Touhou game Iconoclasts

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I never even noticed the detail that the backgrounds were all themed after their robot masters, and Blast Man just completely broke the gears in his room.

Also I meant to point it out earlier but I really like the bounce ball weapon in this game. It's pretty effective, lasts a long time, and also the sound design on them makes it so satisfying to use. It's like a ball smacking against a wall at full speed, I love it. Additionally, if you take it into those rooms from Fuse Man's stage with the lightning shooters that are on a track that shoot all the boxes that extend the beam around the room -- it destroys the extenders and it's pretty fun to just run in that room, spam off a bunch of dodgeballs and watch it destroy this intricate contraption.

And another random thing: those guys with the explosive barrels on their back that drop them when you kill them and they rocket off in an arc at you -- the barrels actually don't hurt until they blast off (and even after that there might be a few frames where it's safe?) so if you kill one up close you can actually just run past the barrel and it doesn't hurt you. I think I discovered this by accident. None of this matters at this point cause there aren't any left but it's an interesting thing of note.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

well, that sure happened
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

As seems to be pretty clear at this point there isn't much stage portion for these last two Wily stages, but I don't really mind. I really like the two full size Wily stages, and I'd rather have two really good stages than have three or four moderately good stages just for the sake of having a certain number of them. Anyway, since there isn't much to this stage I can talk about other things. And now that raocow has done the boss rematch stage I don't have to worry about spoiling the boss weaknesses (even though he correctly guessed them a while ago, but I wanted to leave the possibility that he could be wrong).

My first time playing this game, I did what I always do when playing a Mega Man game for the first time, which is to try all the stages until I get a game over in each of them, then go to the stage I feel is easiest. Doing this got me a good number of bolts, which helped a lot with buying parts, and after trying each stage once I also tried to make sure to have four lives to give me a few more attempts before a game over. While trying all the stages I actually managed to beat Tundra Man's stage without getting a game over.

After trying each stage once I incorrectly guessed that Tundra Man's weapon was effective against Bounce Man. My logic was that if you froze a bouncy ball solid it wouldn't be able to bounce anymore, and also with how Bounce Man bounces around he often goes above you, making him easy to hit with the Tundra Storm. Even though that wasn't his weakness, it still does a decent amount of damage to him and with it I was able to beat him. After using Bounce Man's weapon to beat Fuse Man, I figured out that Torch Man was weak to the Tundra Storm, and I followed the weakness chain for the rest of the game.

One other thing I want to mention, which raocow brought up in the video description, is that I like that the power gear lets you use more powerful versions of your weapons instantly. Being able to do things like clear the screen with Tundra Storm, or launch a gigantic bomb, or fill the screen with bouncy balls, without having to take the time to charge feels really good.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

official finale tonight :( :atsy:
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago the only mega man rpg game remotely worth rao's time is megaman sprite game

prove me wrong :monstrosity:
it's crazy enough to work as it's not a super long rpg or something

just be aware this may annoy someguy a lot the game swears all the time :catplanet: