(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Finale

Post by Isrieri »

raocow wrote: 4 years agoridiculous
The fun doesn't stop there.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Daisuke Tundra-hashi is probably my favorite robot master. His animations are surprisingly elegant and it's the perfect mix of MegaMan goofiness with something seriously cool. Impact Man gave me strong Hollow Knight vibes for some reason, especially the voice acting. I think maybe it's Dung Defender he's reminding me of.

Regarding Dr. Wily's past, I would lean toward his going on to use super-powered robots to repeatedly try to destroy and/or take over the world strongly justifying the decision to not fund his research into super-powered robots, and I'm kind of skeptical of the idea that just letting him build more powerful robots from the start would have ended up any better.

Chirei wrote: 4 years ago Zero is, no pun intended, the literal sum of the ideals of both doctors and all the Mega Men that came before him.
They should have called his series MegaMan -1/12.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

For anyone who was having technical issues with MM11, this Steam community thread just got linked in the Copy Kitty discord and might be helpful. Fair warning: BIOS fiddling.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

You chose a good level to buy the anti-Ninja-Gaiden-knockback item from the store, because the section with the platforms moving all over the room and enemies are on platforms throwing stuff at you is pretty tough otherwise. And there were a few other parts in the video where I'm pretty sure you would have fallen off of ledges if you didn't have that knockback reduction.

Speaking of the knockback, that's one of the biggest Mega Man mechanics they changed in this game. Maybe someone's already mentioned it, but Mega Man is now always knocked in the direction that would make sense given where the damage was taken from, rather than always being knocked backwards from the direction he's facing. This takes some getting used to if you're like me and sometimes take advantage of Mega Man's knockback. Especially for the aforementioned section where you ride around on the platform, because if the knockback worked the old way, if you had to tank damage you could just go near an edge and look off of it to make sure you'd be knocked safely back onto the platform. But you just can't in this game!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

torch man

old friend

it has been so long
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Fact: The midboss in this stage is named Sparkey the Barbecue Turkey!

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! OUTDOOR MARTIAL ARTS MASTER TORCH MAN

"Perhaps you will be a challenge. Fall to the fist of flame!"

Torch Man (トーチマン Tōchiman) is a Robot Master manufactured by Tsubakuro Precision Machining (ツバクロ製作所) as an outdoor advisor that taught campers about fire safety and practiced martial arts to keep the flames of his body under control. Despite being a fire-themed robot, Torch Man is quite cool-headed and disciplined, but since his training is incomplete, he loses his temper when his opponent gains the upper hand in battle, and is quick to utilize any advantage to give himself an extra edge. He is a practitioner of Torch-jutsu (トーチ火炎拳 Tōchikaenken, lit. "Torch Flame Fist"), a martial art he developed, one particularly good with jumping kicks.

He once tried training by standing under a raging waterfall. The subsequent repairs took three months.

In Superhero difficulty, Torch Man's attacks are faster and do more damage, and breaks between attacks are much shorter. He is also able to tap into his Power Gear much earlier in the fight, being able to do so as soon as one third of his health is depleted, as opposed to half in other difficulty modes.

Pre-Battle Taunts:
"Perhaps you will be a challenge."
"You've made it...now prove yourself!"
"Let the combat commence!"
"Rrgh... HI-YAH!"
"Fall to the fist of flame!"
"Prepare yourself to feel the heat! TORCH-JUTSU!"
"Torch-jutsu, the flaming fist!"

Attack Shouts:
"Hoy!"
"Hyah!"
"Hoy-hoy-hoy!"
"Hyagh!"
"Burn to ash!"
"Burn!"
"Hrgh!"
"Hraaa!"
"Defend yourself!"
"Hmph!"
"Humph!"

Activating Power Gear:
"RAAAAAH!!!"
"POWER GEAR!"
"TRUE POWER!"

Attack Shouts (Power Gear):
"HEAT!"
"BURN!"
"HOT ENOUGH?!"
"IMMOLATE!"
"COMBUST!"
"INFERNO!"
"GRAAAGH!"
"LIGHT IT UP!"
"HRAAAGH!"

Death:
“MORE TRAINING!”
“HI-YAAAAH!”
"TORCH-JUTSU FOREVER!"

Trivia
Torch Man's weakness to Tundra Storm is because strong wind and cold are very capable of extinguishing flames, much like Flame Man's weakness to Wind Storm, Fire Man's weakness to Ice Slasher, or Magma Man's weakness to Tornado Blow.
Torch Man shares his voice actor with Rush in Mega Man 11.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Torch Man is some weird fusion of Shin Akuma and God Rugal. He not only has a Reppuken move, but also the Misogi super.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Blaziken is my favorite robot master
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Final

Post by Awoo »

OWL CONTROL

Oh, man! Do they make Torch Man action figures? Asking for reasons :3
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Torch Man's level is probably the hardest one - that small one-tile jump you have to squeeze through in particular seems to get everyone that plays this game at least once.

Thankfully raocow didn't have any reservations about using the speed gear here, which makes it only moderately threatening instead. Usually I see streamers try to brute force it without it and they don't have fun and by the time they get to Torch Man they just spam his weakness and dont get to see how cool he is because they do not want to risk redoing the stage.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

the song title for today's vid looked like some metal as hell crap and it sure was
turns out the song is much longer than today's video, even. doom metal is wild
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years ago He once tried training by standing under a raging waterfall. The subsequent repairs took three months.
i don't know why but this one really got me giggling
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

I love how Torch Man's martial arts, and Tundra Man's skating have nothing to do with the purposes they were built for, they're just hobbies that the two picked up.

My idea is that Block Man's weapon is good against Acid Man because limestone (popular building material, main ingredient in concrete) is alkaline and neutralizes acid.

This may or may not be related to my MAGLX3 level.

I was planning on mentioning how silly the word "pyrophlegathon" is, because it would translate as "fire-flamming" but it actually is an alternate name for the river from Greek myth.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

I've been a bit busy lately, so I haven't had time to keep up with these videos. On the topic of me being busy, while I had been trying to go for a no damage run while playing along with raocow, I unfortunately don't have time for that, so my no damage run will have to wait for another time. Anyway, I don't have much to say about the stages I missed, except that Tundra Man is my favourite robot master in this game (although not by a huge margin; all the robot masters in this game are pretty great). I also like the weapon he gives you a lot.

As for today's stage, it's definitely a difficult one. I definitely had some deaths here my first time playing. I kinda want to say I didn't use the speed gear here on my first time through, but the more I think about it the less sure I get. I definitely attempted it without the speed gear, and I've done it without the speed gear at some point, but I don't know if that was on my first time through. Anyway, the difficulty doesn't end once you get to the boss doors; this is a hard stage with a hard boss to top it off. I used his weakness the first time I fought him, though since then I have fought him with just the buster, and I have to say I really like this boss fight. One last thing I have to say about this stage is that I really like the background. As is probably obvious from my username I like the moon a lot, and this stage starts with a nice view of a full moon in the background.

Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Mets being at least somewhat intelligent shouldn't come as too much of a surprise since we see one piloting a mech in Mega Man 6. Now, how exactly they manage to do something like that--or indeed perform their various intended functions as construction bots--despite lacking any sort of visible hands is a much greater mystery, however.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Independent Thought Research sounds like Underwater Basket Weaving.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 4 years ago Mets being at least somewhat intelligent shouldn't come as too much of a surprise since we see one piloting a mech in Mega Man 6. Now, how exactly they manage to do something like that--or indeed perform their various intended functions as construction bots--despite lacking any sort of visible hands is a much greater mystery, however.
:demo: has no hands either.
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

Torch Man is the best boss because fighting him doesn't feel like you're exploiting a pattern - it feels like a brawl.
Also he's awesome.

Pretty impressive you got through the stage so quickly.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 4 years ago Mets being at least somewhat intelligent shouldn't come as too much of a surprise since we see one piloting a mech in Mega Man 6. Now, how exactly they manage to do something like that--or indeed perform their various intended functions as construction bots--despite lacking any sort of visible hands is a much greater mystery, however.
feets
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

This guy is a very fun fight. I also like how his dropkick not only hurts you but actually flings you across the room and there's a special animation where Mega Man slams into the wall and sticks a superhero landing.

"Demoed" here:
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Scramble Thunder can shoot upwards as well, by the way.

This stage has one of the only music tracks from this game I can consistenly remember and hum in my head. It's pretty darn catchy.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

:toaster: the gears are never gonna be utilized well unless borderline forced in the playthrough arent they
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Fun Fact: This stage's midboss is known as Dread Spark!

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! HIGH-VOLTAGE ROBOT AND MASTER OF ALL THINGS POWER FUSE MAN

"High voltage!"

Fuse Man (ヒューズマン Hyūzuman) is a Robot Master created by O.D.A. Electronics to manage electrical equipment in a power plant. He is able to freely manipulate high voltage currents and move at lightning speed, being able to instantaneously get on an opponent's blind spot and electrify them. He's designed to handle massive electrical currents, but if he ever encounters a current that's too strong for him, the fuses on his head will blow, saving him from a critical overload.

With an alert and on-edge disposition, plus his nautrally electrifying nature, Fuse Man uses his electric-based powers to attack his opponents at lightning-fast speed. The character is also bit of a show-off, moving at the speed of light yet pausing to demonstrate his prowess after activating his speed gear. As he is an essential part of keeping the electrical power grid running smoothly, Fuse Man has a very strong sense of responsibility in doing his job.

One of the only respites from work he allows himself is the care and feeding of his pet rabbit "Watt" (an electric eel in the japanese version). In fact, tending to his pet rabbit is the only time Fuse Man can relax as his job requires him to be alert 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

In Superhero difficulty, Fuse Man will create four balls of electricity at the start of the fight instead of two, and he will fire two sparks after every teleport, instead of the standard one.

Pre-Battle Taunts:
"You scrambled my electrons!"
"I recognize that voltage!"
"How could I refuse?"
“Let's amp this up!”
"Assault and battery!"
“Prepare to diode!”

Attack Shouts:
"Ngh!"
”Zap!”
"Stay down!"
”Huh!”
”Live wire!”
”Mgh!"
"Nygh!"

When he generates the sparks that roll around the room:
"Power up!"
”Fuse Change!”
"Switch on!"
”Contact!”

Activating Speed Gear:
”Speed Gear!”
”High voltage!”

Attack Shouts (Speed Gear):
"Rewired!"
”Speed up!”
"Shocking!"
"Charge!"

Death cries:
“SHORT CIRCUIT!”
"BLACKOUT!"

Trivia
Fuse Man and ElecMan.EXE were both designed by the same artist.
Fuse Man's stage theme was used for the Mega Man 11 announcement trailer in December 2017.
Fuse Man's weakness to Bounce Ball is due to rubber being a strong electrical insulator; this weakness is similar to how Sheep Man is weak to Rebound Striker from Mega Man 10.
Fuse Man owns a pet eel (unagi) named "Watt" instead of a pet rabbit (usagi) in the Japanese version.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago :toaster: the gears are never gonna be utilized well unless borderline forced in the playthrough arent they
You can grind a man's gears but he will always be led to drink.
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

Anyone else feel like Mega Man's walking animations look kind of skatish? Or is it just me

Also, May

will be the day...for POWER RANKINGS
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image