(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Finale

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i love tundra man
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Wily Wars

Post by Awoo »

Well, that stage certainly did have jumping and sliding, but not to the extent of 8
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Isrieri
Creatively Bankrupt
Pronouns: Male

Post by Isrieri »

As far as 'stage themes' go, 'robot museum' is pretty high on the list.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

The wind in this stage lets you just go fast. It's really good.

MM11 is the first of the classic games to really try to do the story "right", so it's gonna seem awkward compared to everything beforehand that's more or less there just to be there. But it's good that this game gives us a real reason as to why this all started to begin with. This is also the first time i've ever heard Dr. Light talking about it in such a sad way.

Since this is the most recent game, it makes it all the worse in context. We know that they'll never work it out, and it's up to their final creations to make up the time they lost, and ultimately fix centuries of troubles that they will inherit.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I feel like you made a really big leap when your conclusion to Wily's words was that he wants to get rid of humans. Maybe he might want that now, but I didn't get that impression at all.

It's a nice kind of irony that Mega Man is acting as the hero Wily used to believe he could create.
Mea

Post by Mea »

I'm happy that Japan was able to create an elegant, flamboyant male character without playing him up for comedy or using okama tropes.

Everything we just learned about Young Wily and Light's thoughts on the future of robots is really very ironic. Wily's line of how merely giving robots independent thought won't ever remove their status as tools is so incredibly accurate to their treatment in the series. Despite Light's supposed ideal of giving robots sentience and thus granting them status as equals, he himself never seems to view them as equals, like how he's made a couple (all the bosses from 9) with explicit purposes (which is what tools have), or how Megaman is apparently(?) restricted to Asimov's 3 laws. He doesn't seem to be all that opposed to the arbitrary expiration date business from 9 either (which I guess calls that one comic into canonicity questions).

Wily's dream is more sympathetic to me. He seemed to be more for robots than Light was, seeing them as different for what they were. The expiration date business from 9 is a good example of that again, trying to impose human limitations (ie: death) on robots doesn't make much sense.

Light's apparent human priority seems to even stretch into the X universe, where reploids still are built with a purpose, of defending humans and how those that can think independently and hurt humans are removed with extreme prejudice.
freshtalk wrote: It's a nice kind of irony that Mega Man is acting as the hero Wily used to believe he could create.
Could also apply to Zero.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Mea wrote: 4 years ago
freshtalk wrote: It's a nice kind of irony that Mega Man is acting as the hero Wily used to believe he could create.
Zero is, no pun intended, the literal sum of the ideals of both doctors and all the Mega Men that came before him. Depending on how you want to look at it, he eventually did create that ultimate hero he always envisioned, even if it wasn't technically by himself.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! SUBZERO ICE SKATER TUNDRA MAN

"You want to dance? Feel freeze!"

Tundra Man (ツンドラマン Tsundora Man) is a Robot Master originally created by Dr. Cossack as a surveillance robot designed to monitor environment changes in some of Earth's coldest regions. As a result, he led a lonely life, but after watching an ice skating championship on TV, he was inspired to become a professional figure skater. This inspiration lead him to discard his original bulky exterior for a more lithe appearance.

He practices his figure skating constantly while on duty, but since his audience is mostly huskies, polar bears, and seals, he doesn't get many reviews. To him, this stark reminder that his dazzling moves have been locked away at the North Pole is a crisis on the scale of global warming. Tundra Man eagerly awaits the day when he can show the world his exquisite skills.

Being an ice skating robot, Tundra Man is very flashy and likes to show off his moves; he constantly dances even while he's fighting. Tundra Man also enjoys making puns based off of his elemental powers, something Dr Cossack does not remember programming into him.

While under maintenance in Dr. Light's laboratory, he was stolen and outfitted with a Speed Gear by Dr. Wily, along with some other modifications better suited for combat, after which he took over a museum.

In Superhero difficulty, Tundra Man moves faster, and can activate his Speed Gear earlier.

Pre-Battle Taunts:
"It's showtime!"
"Now, start the music!"
"Trying to take my spotlight?"
"You're skating on thin ice!"
"I'm like a rose, frozen in ice!"
"You want to dance? Feel freeze!"

Attack Shouts:
"Ah!"
"Hwip!"
"Elegance!"
"Haah!"
"Dodge if you can!"
"Look out!"
"Perfection!"
"Don't freeze up!"
"Frosty!"
"Slide!"
"Hup!"
"Mmm!"
"Faster!"
"Wow!"
"Cool!"
"Sheer beauty!"

Activating Speed Gear:
"Speed Gear!"
"Freeze right there!"
"Don't blink!"

Attack Shouts (Speed Gear):
"BITTER! HEARTLESS! GORGEOUS! ICE!"
"COLD! COLDER! FREEZE! AND SHATTER!"
"ICE! OVER! UNDER! EVERYWHERE!"

Death cries:
"A GRAND FINALE!"
"SHATTERED!"
"THE LAST DANCE!"

Trivia
The background of Tundra Man's boss room is very similar to Freeze Man's, since both feature a T-Rex skeleton in the background.
Tundra Man is one of the very few Robot Masters in the series whose artwork extends outside of their mugshot, the others being Quick Man, Break Man, Galaxy Man, Splash Woman, and Sheep Man.
Similar to Ice Man's weakness to Thunder Beam from Mega Man 1, Tundra Man's weakness to Scramble Thunder is a reference to the minerals contained within ice that are able to conduct electricity.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Chirei wrote: 4 years ago
Mea wrote: 4 years ago
Zero is, no pun intended, the literal sum of the ideals of both doctors and all the Mega Men that came before him. Depending on how you want to look at it, he eventually did create that ultimate hero he always envisioned, even if it wasn't technically by himself.
> Want to make heroes out of robots.
> Get consumed with jealousy and hatred and devote your life to world domination out of petty revenge
> Make your final creation as nothing more than another tool to carry out your petty revenge
> Final creation goes on to become exactly the kind of hero you wanted to make in the first place

Wily ultimately got what he wanted in both respects: He proved himself to be Light's superior by virtue of Zero outliving X, and he made one of greatest robotic heroes out there (even if he spent most of the time cleaning up after Wily's mess.)

Zero even sees himself by the time the Zero series rolls around as nothing but a tool to be used by others.

I also like that the Classic series is finally treating Light like a fallible human being instead of a Santa Claus-shaped paragon of virtue.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Super Llama wrote: 4 years ago Zero even sees himself by the time the Zero series rolls around as nothing but a tool to be used by others.
He had about 2 or 3 generations worth of friends to learn humility from. He says he is just a tool, but it's that thing where even if you commit to what you must do, in the back of your head, you subconsciously know there's more to it. He never let the great things he accomplished make his head any bigger than it needed to be, so he wouldn't lose sight of his goal.

Zero knew that he probably wasn't going to survive the battle with Weil.

He knew that people were probably going to be sad, once the transmission cut for the last time.

He knew that Ciel was going to cry her eyes out, once she realized he wasn't coming home.

But he put that, the laws of robotics, and the concept of living aside, for the desire to protect the peace.

It wasn't some hard-programmed desire he had, it was a belief that he shared with X. He worked with who he had to make sure it came true, but he probably didn't truly believe that he was a disposable soldier 100%, because that too, isn't what X would have wanted.

im not crying you're crying
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Reminder that absolutely everything wrong in the main timeline besides the Evil Energy can be traced back to Light's blind idealism.

And Dr. Cain being an idiot a century or two later. :ehh:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

I don't at all think the whole "Wily wants robots to surpass humans" thing means "Wily wants to replace humans", it's moreso "Wily thinks robots will only be considered as equals if they are built to be stronger than they are," and was otherwise calling out Light for empty optimist. Because yeah, as already mentioned, giving robots independent thought otherwise made them still effectively slave labor to humanity without any sort of question. It puts Wily's whole thing in 9 of saying "hey this whole expiration date stuff's dumb wanna help me show them" in a different light, I feel. Like obviously he was tricking them, but I can't help but think he was genuine when saying "we'll show them how useful you guys still are."
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 4 years agoTo him, this stark reminder that his dazzling moves have been locked away at the North Pole is a crisis on the scale of global warming. Tundra Man eagerly awaits the day when he can show the world his exquisite skills.
That's so ridiculous that it only makes me like him more. Best MM11 bot, bar none.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago Reminder that absolutely everything wrong in the main timeline besides the Evil Energy can be traced back to Light's blind idealism.

"I hope one day robots and humans get along as equals" Still being Light's ideals in these games just comes across as tragic when we've known for decades how that turns out.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Tenlade wrote: 4 years ago
Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years ago Reminder that absolutely everything wrong in the main timeline besides the Evil Energy can be traced back to Light's blind idealism.

"I hope one day robots and humans get along as equals" Still being Light's ideals in these games just comes across as tragic when we've known for decades how that turns out.
1262489966340.jpg
1262489966340.jpg (50.32 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
This image was made for a reason, though it's obviously portraying him in the absolute worst way possible.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 4 years agoAnd Dr. Cain being an idiot a century or two later. :ehh:
"wow this robot has perfect human cognition. what if we mass-produced it and considered them microwaves" -- Dr. Cain, deciding to Dr. Cain it all up

it's like in plots where they talk about this thing that can kill everything and most of the story they keep having a conversation on it until near the end there's always that one idiot who goes "i'm going to push this button/wake this up and make it angry, i know what i'm doing!". That's Dr. Cain.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

surprise

you were actually fighting three men at once

you can find out more about them in the in-game encyclopedia
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Fighting Impact Man is like fighting a Maverick but halfway through he turns into a Wily Machine for a bit.

I love it.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Chirei wrote: surprise

you were actually fighting three men at once
Impact Man is the robot equivalent of three kids stacked on top of another under a trench coat.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

That vertical segment with the spikes and Impact Man's parts coming after you is pretty tough. The drop afterwards is cool, though.

Pile Driver is one of my favorite weapons in this game. Not always the most practical, but fun to use.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

I'd have to think about it but Impact Man just might be my favourite Robot Master of the bunch. Everything about him is big and cool.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! ALMIGHTY BUILDER BOT IMPACT MAN

"Punch! Pummel! PULVERIZE!"

Impact Man, known as Pile Man (パイルマン Pairuman) in Japan, is a construction support robot built by Nakaume Heavy Machinery to withstand the toughest working conditions, and mainly works on the foundations of construction projects. Impact Man is dedicated to his job and has never been one to leave a task unfinished. Even after being stolen and modified by Dr. Wily, Impact Man continued to carry out his duties as he rounded up a gang of construction robots and took up residence in an abandoned construction zone so he and his comrades could continue working on it. Always on task with his assignments, Impact Man is dedicated to working as a construction robot. Even after his reprogramming when Wily kidnapped him, Impact Man still works diligently with his fellow construction robots. He is also very loud and boisterous, like most other construction worker Robot Masters.

Impact Man is actually a fusion of three pile driver robots named Kui-ichiro (the oldest one, colored black), Kui-jiro (the middle child, colored yellow), and Kui-saburo (the youngest one, colored orange), who call themselves the Impact Brothers. Kui-ichiro is the leader and eldest brother who never fails to drive his point home, and usually takes control when the brothers are combined. Kui-jiro, the middle brother, is indecisive and often has to ask Kui-ichiro for instructions. He is also very unruly and can never be trusted to take the reins when the brothers are fused together as Impact Man. Kui-saburo, the youngest, is the most responsible after Kui-ichiro, and takes charge of Impact Man if Kui-ichiro is tired. He always makes time for proper maintenance, which keeps his spike spotless, shiny, and sharp.

In Superhero difficulty, Impact Man's attacks are much faster and do more damage. He also has less cooldown between his jumps, and he can enter his Power Gear form earlier in the fight with four attacks instead of three before reverting back.

Pre-Battle Taunts:
“BEHOLD! Impact Man!"
"Maximum Impact!""
“I like to spike!"
"Crumble, rumble, tumble!"

Attack Shouts:
"Punch! Pummel! PULVERIZE!"
"Spike! Spike! SPIKE!"
"Impale! Impair! IMPLODE!"
"Impact!"
"Don't move!"
"Spike!"
"Ehraagh!"
"Blagh!"
"Hrigh!"
"Transform!”

Activating Power Gear:
"Getting together!"
"Spike formation, engage!"
"Power Gear!"

Attack Shouts (Power Gear):
"Slam attack!"
"There's no escape!"
"HRAGH!"

Death Cries:
"AAAAAAAAAAHHH!"
"TOO SPIKEY!"
"I SEE YOUR POINT!"

Trivia
Impact Man's weakness to Acid Barrier is due to acid causing great corrosion on most types of construction grade metal. This is very similar to Tunnel Rhino's weakness against Toxic Seahorse's Acid Burst.
According to the relationship chart found in the production notes that come with the complete edition of Rockman 11, Impact Man reads Boom Monthly, the same magazine Blast Man writes for.
Impact Man and Block Man are work colleagues, both manufactured by Nakaume Heavy Machinery and designed for construction.
When combined, Kui-ichiro forms the bottom torso, thighs and skull cap of Impact Man. Kui-jiro forms the left foot, left arm and left pectoral of Impact Man. Kui-saburo forms the right foot, right arm and right pectoral of Impact Man.
The Impact Brothers' names are prefixed with Kui- which means "pile," while Ichiro, Jiro and Saburo are masculine Japanese given names meaning "first son," "second son," and "third son" respectively.
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

I absolutely love how Impact Man avoids the "big dumb oaf" stereotype so common in big heavy robots like him. The way he speaks gives off a way more sophisticated vibe.

Also, I get what raocow means about the gears, but the only way to get used to it is to try. It makes some level obstacles and boss patterns WAY more doable. Especially with the upgrade in the shop that costs 1000
The one that slows down time, but not Mega Man
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

So, just to be clear, Bolts don't disappear if you don't spend them immediately. You are permitted to save up your money for more expensive things. <_<
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

ridiculous
the chillaxest of dragonsImage