(shouting)

La-Mulana - Wishbringer

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Re: La-Mulana - The Queen's Menagerie

Post by Validon98 »

Flooding the tower is generally one of the more out there puzzles that's basically there to go "hey have you been paying attention." The solutions are a bit silly themselves too honestly but raocow's strategy of scanning/pushing down on everything is coming in handy.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago good job solving one of the more obtuse puzzles in the game within 3 minutes of the start of the video rao
honestly it didn't feel like he "solved" it, it felt like more he just stumbled around and oops'd into it
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: La-Mulana - The Queen's Bee Menagerie

Post by Awoo »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago
Parama wrote: 5 years ago good job solving one of the more obtuse puzzles in the game within 3 minutes of the start of the video rao
honestly it didn't feel like he "solved" it, it felt like more he just stumbled around and oops'd into it
It's one of the best reasons to watch raocow!

makes me wonder if he'll get the hell dungeon. I hope so!

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago
He went exactly to the places identified in the tablet, specifically because the tablet said so and he remembered where they were. And then he found the answers by investigating those places. That's solving the puzzle in my book.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

yeah, usually i find it kinda funny and entertaining to see raocow oops into a solution to a puzzle, but for whatever reason, here I find it super grating.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Regarding today's puzzles. What causes the helicopter robots to spawn? Is it solving the puzzle that was solved today or something else?

A question for Voltgloss

I know there's a tablet for it somewhere but where is the information regarding how Tiamat's children will respawn. I ctrl-f'd through the notes you have here but information on the dimensional corridor is sparse atm.

Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

I love how people find the pot pipe obtuse and in my run it was one of the first things i did even before i could actually flood the tower or got the hint for that location. Imo the pointing of the giant makes that pot hella suspicious.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago Regarding today's puzzles. What causes the helicopter robots to spawn? Is it solving the puzzle that was solved today or something else?

A question for Voltgloss

I know there's a tablet for it somewhere but where is the information regarding how Tiamat's children will respawn. I ctrl-f'd through the notes you have here but information on the dimensional corridor is sparse atm.

Flooding the Tower spawns the helicopter robots.

Regarding your other question:
The clue is from an NPC in the Chamber of Birth: "Tiamat's child will regenerate with no end. As long as Tiamat's dimensional powers remain intact. Find a way to destroy the dimensional powers."
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

red bull gives you wings

ten hour laugh track
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

wait that all was a big deal puzzle

the only thing that seemed slightly off-kilter is that you need to use the urn. but it's like, what the guy is pointing at directly, so the first two most obvious possibilities is that it's either where the urn is sitting or the urn itself. if you try the urn first, there's already been a puzzle that involved going down something you usually couldn't but was marked by an environmental cue, and it's possible that you'll try going down it anyway because you need to get to a place that's in another field and there's more than few other games where you go down urns to warp. even if none of that comes to pass, though, it's still just using one of your basic verbs on something suspicious that respawns very easily if you break it to investigate the platform it's on beforehand

idk it just seems kinda hilarious to me, because it only asks you to do something you're likely going to try anyway in a very signposted room, so the fact that the in-universe solution is so out of nowhere can relish in its absurdity instead of spoiling in it
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: La-Mulana - The Queen's Menagerio

Post by Awoo »

That bull is the Bull of Heaven from the Epic of Gilgamesh, isn't it?
You must find Enkidu. Then, young Gilgamesh, will you be able to defeat it!
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

-gets the Weapon Fairy
-keeps the shield on the whole time

every single time
I change this sig every year for Advent
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

the mantra (heh) of watching this lp is "please notice it in editing"

HE HOPPED ON THE RIGHT PLATFORM IN THE TOWER OF THE GODDESS AND DIDN'T EVEN SHOW IT IN THE VIDEO, HE INCLUDED HIM JUMPING UP ONTO IT BUT DIDN'T SHOW HIM WEIGHING IT DOWN

AND THEN HE IGNORED THE LEFT PLATFORM

HE'S SO CLOSE TO DOING EVERYTHING HE NEEDS TO DO IN THE TOWER

someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
maou shoujo
devil girl
Pronouns: she/her

Post by maou shoujo »

After I asked about the pedestal yesterday, I realized it was probably related to the water appearing in the side rooms in the Spring in the Sky. The pedestal does appear only after reading the tablet next to it, which is of course the hint to the same puzzle. The tablet and pedestal being directly related to each other is itself a clue.

Ducking into the pot is a Remake change. In Classic, there was an orb there in the Mausoleum that you had to destroy instead. It makes for one of those small trolls for players who try to copy Classic solutions instead of looking at Remake's logic.
occasional watcher of the lets plays
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

CrappyBlueLuigi wrote: 5 years agothe mantra (heh) of watching this lp is "please notice it in editing"

HE HOPPED ON THE RIGHT PLATFORM IN THE TOWER OF THE GODDESS AND DIDN'T EVEN SHOW IT IN THE VIDEO, HE INCLUDED HIM JUMPING UP ONTO IT BUT DIDN'T SHOW HIM WEIGHING IT DOWN

AND THEN HE IGNORED THE LEFT PLATFORM

HE'S SO CLOSE TO DOING EVERYTHING HE NEEDS TO DO IN THE TOWER

He seemed to not even notice that there were platforms that weren't there before. Which is basically par for the course when it comes to raocow. The more obvious something is, the more likely he is to just inexplicably miss it even if he's actively looking for it.

Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Filby wrote: 5 years ago -gets the Weapon Fairy
-keeps the shield on the whole time

every single time
I think if he had used a subweapon there, the fairies would have just shot all the big goddess statues and constantly get him electrocuted.
Tenlade

Re: La-Mulana - Curses!

Post by Tenlade »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago Image
I will be legitimately shocked if this happens.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Woah, Dimensional Corridor already?
This is where I stopped playing, since I knew beforehand that this was going to be miniboss city. At that point I had been almost everywhere else already, including Chamber of Extinction's backside. I had my fill of the game by then.
I also heard this Field was kinda meant to be the penultimate area of the game, even if you technically can access it now. But that's just most people's opinion.

If you remember that tablet that named all the bosses in reverse order, Tiamat was the first one listed. I didn't want to face that either.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Advent Azure
Cursed Background Character
First name: Dr. Borg

Post by Advent Azure »

I figure I should make my first post since I actually made an account on the Talkhaus over two year ago here.

Watching raocow play this game, along with all the other games since he started.

It's been fascinating seeing how raocow managed to press on through this game while remaining as blind as they are, it's incredible. Looking forward to what they'll come to do tomorrow though
Draexzhan
Flair text
First name: Nathan

Post by Draexzhan »

Oh man Dimensional Corridor! This area is so exciting! The atmosphere, the minibosses, and the music! Oho boy!

Nobody has posted the music so I guess I'll do the honors today!

Signature text.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: La-Mulana - The Queen's Menagerbee

Post by Awoo »

Advent Azure wrote: 5 years ago I figure I should make my first post since I actually made an account on the Talkhaus over two year ago here.

Watching raocow play this game, along with all the other games since he started.

It's been fascinating seeing how raocow managed to press on through this game while remaining as blind as they are, it's incredible. Looking forward to what they'll come to do tomorrow though
raocow's pretty amazing like that :rao:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Yes, that bull boss in the Dimensional Corridor occasionally gets stuck in that corner and refuses to de-Starman until you take a hit. It's frustrating, but thankfully rare (at least in my experience).

The key elements of the flooding-the-tower puzzle were already made clear in the video, but just a few more hints we've seen in the game that link the Spring in the Sky (where the Annunaki mural is waiting) to the Tower of the Goddess:

- The room in the Spring in the Sky where the two hatches exist is called the "Goddess's Water Jug."
- There is a tablet in the Twin Labyrinths showing a graphic of the two hatches, reading "The right hatch is Skuld. The left hatch is Verdandi." Reading the map in the Tower of the Goddess names the rooms of the two towers as Skuld's Tower and Verdandi's Tower.
- The tablet in the Mausoleum of the Giants explaining how "much water was needed" for the "tower to fly" shows a map of the Spring in the Sky, flooded with water, and that water flowing out to two towers.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Looking through Nintendo Power, I found some weird tidbits.

February 2010: NP claims La-Mulana has six weapons, eleven subweapons, and nine guardians. But the final game has five, nine, and eight respectively. An error, or perhaps the game was going to be larger before Nicalis dropped out?

April 2010: This was NP's largest preview of the game, it was styled like extracts from Lameza's notebook.
One "note" has drawings of enemies, along with their attacks. Catball (Cait-Sith) is explained to kick its ball, something not in the final game. Chi You is holding a bomb, he doesn't have bomb in the final. Chi You's shield also has a gun pointing out of it, you can still see the barrel in the final game.

Lahamu's name is missing the second "A".

Another note refers to the room Ellmac's Ankh is in as "Aten's Room", so the Aten-Ellmac association was something always intended, just not really present in the final game.
One note describes an encounter with "A massive lizard that could curl itself up and spin around the chamber, using the frills on its neck as a weapon!" From context this is either an early version of Ellmac or Buer, or a strange misinterpretation of the Sonic enemies.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Draexzhan wrote: 5 years ago Oh man Dimensional Corridor! This area is so exciting! The atmosphere, the minibosses, and the music! Oho boy!

Nobody has posted the music so I guess I'll do the honors today!

Death Game (SC88)

This version sounds more bombastic than the remake's.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Those big flying enemies raocow unlocked are in some of the promotional artwork. In the upper left corner.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000