(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Re: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 - Double Trouble

Post by Gardenolva »

Chirei wrote: 4 years ago
Gardenolva wrote: 4 years ago About the armor, can we get at least have ALL or Optional part effects from all X's Armors? [Like have X4's Plasma Shot, X2's Giga Crush (Have Giga Crushes too), and Blade Armor's Mach Dash or Falcon Armor's Omnidirectional Hover]
2d icarus/hermes armor....

it would sell like hotcakes
Yeah it would've been. Imagine all the possible Armor Combination at loadout.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Mega Man 10 - Again! One Night Only!

Post by Kilgamayan »

THE LAST MEGAMAN

IS IN CAPTIVITY...

THE INTERNET

IS AT PEACE...
Leet wrote: 4 years ago 23
is number 1
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Finally got around to watching the final Gaiden video, and

> Sharks and Jets
> Storm Eagle instead of Jet Stingray

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

look jet stingray already featured once you can't go and just repeat them
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

raocow wrote: 4 years ago look jet stingray already featured once you can't go and just repeat them
oh my gosh this made me laugh way more than it really had any right to
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

3: Storm Eagle, Spiral Pegasus, Neon Tiger, Blizzard Wolfang

2: Chill Penguin, Bubble Crab, Wire Sponge, Shield Sheldon, Spike Rosered, Commander Yammark, Spark Mandrill, Toxic Seahorse, Armored Armadillo, Dark Necrobat, Morph Moth, Tidal Whale, Blast Hornet, Blaze Heatnix, Rainy Turtloid, Metal Shark Player/Prayer

1: Frost Walrus, Wheel Gator, Slash Beast, Crescent Grizzly, Web Spider, Storm Owl, Volt Kraken, Cyber Peacock, Tunnel Rhino, Magma Dragoon, Shining Firefly, Jet Stingray, Burn Dinorex, Split Mushroom, Infinity Mijinion, Ground Scaravich

[Missed Out]
-X1 Boomer Kuwanger, Flame Mammoth, Launch Octopus, Sting Chameleon
-X2: Crystal Snail, Flame Stage, Magna Centipede, Overdrive Ostrich
-X3: Blizzard Buffalo, Crush Crawfish, Gravity Beetle, Volt Catfish

[Total]
X1 - 9
X2 - 7
X3 - 8
X4 - 8
X5 - 13
X6 - 15

I can understand why the X3 ones weren't included since so many of them have similar brainless AI patterns, but it's still a shame the X1 and X2 bots that aren't Ostrich which would've been tricky to put together with another bot couldn't make it in. Also blows that the X4 bots only all get one appearance each. They really went for the two worst games for multiple appearances.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Makes you wonder if they originally intended to have Legacy Collection 1 focus on X1-3 (and maybe 4) and the second one focus on 5 and 6, then didn't have time to make more fights so they duplicated most of what they had.

Although even then they could have split it into six sets of distinct fights between the two games, and had the special fights on every two sets instead of every three. Would have made it less repetitive.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Bean wrote: 4 years ago it's still a shame the X1 and X2 bots that aren't Ostrich which would've been tricky to put together with another bot couldn't make it in.
A theoretical matchup:

Ostrich and Spiral Horseman, but now the latter has new AI where he will just constantly be dashing the length of the field in one direction, and you have to avoid getting run over by him while fighting Ostrich.

Something like this would have to be done to avoid abuse of the infinitely scrolling arena that you fight Ostrich in, and I guess they didn't want to make that work.
Heavy Sigh

Re: Mega Man 11 - Gearing Up for the Finale

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Dr Wily's pajama's are great and I want to buy them.

THE TRIUMPHANT RETURN OF ROBOT MASTER FACTS! ACID MAN

"Welcome to my Chemical Paradise!"

Acid Man (アシッドマン Ashiddo Man) is a Robot Master who works with powerful chemicals. Originally a chemist robot manufactured by the Mecha-Chuchets Institute of Robology, his passion for science was twisted into the sadism of a stereotypical "mad scientist" after being stolen by Dr. Wily, and now uses his chemistry skills to do Wily's bidding. He was also given a Speed Gear to boost his combat abilities. His Special Weapon, Acid Barrier, generates a shield made of acid that not only protects him from all damage, but also lets him shoot globs of acid at enemies. This ability extends to Mega Man after he defeats Acid Man.

Originally a robot with a wide knowledge of chemistry, Acid Man spends time measuring every amount of chemicals stored inside various tanks. However, he is a perfectionist and will throw a tantrum if any measurement is tampered with or ruined. His habit of spending so much time swimming in chemical vats has earned Acid Man the nickname "Acid Merman." However, he detests his nickname, so the other plant employees only ever call him that behind his back.

In Superhero difficulty, Acid Man will fire four arcing shots instead of three, his Acid Barrier takes more hits to destroy, and he will fire much faster. In addition, the waves he creates when using his Speed Gear are much larger, and he fires more projectiles after leaping out of the acid pool.

Pre-battle taunts:
"Welcome to my chemical paradise!"
"Come on in, the acid's fine!"
"You've ruined my new concoction!"
"I'll melt you to the last bolt!"
"Take an acid bath!"
"Time for an experiment!"

Attack shouts:
"Acid Barrier!"
"Yeagh!"
"Corrosive!"
"Zeagh!"
"Uh-oh!"
"Melt! MELT!"
"Got you!"
"Zyeah!"

Cries:
"Gooh!"
"Impossible!"

Activating Speed Gear:
"Speed Gear!"
"Quick as a splash!"
"Sizzling speed!"

Attack shouts (Speed Gear):
"Slip!"
"Hahaha!"
"So slow!"
"Nyeagh!"
"Yegh!"
"Splash!"

Death cries:
"EXPERIMENT FAILED!"
"ACID!"
"CHEMISTRY!"

Trivia (Includes Weakness Information!)
Acid Man can be seen traversing the chemical stream at several points in the background as Mega Man travels through his stage.
His manufacturer, Mecha-Chuchets Institute of Robology (マチャチューチェッチュ工科大学 "Machachuchetch Institute of Technology" in Japan), is a reference to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Acid Man's color scheme and design are very reminiscent of Toxic Seahorse.
Acid Man's weakness to Block Dropper is a reference to acid bricks, a type of brick that is highly resistant to chemicals.
Acid Man is the only Mega Man 11 Robot Master that did not appear in any preview videos for the game that were released by Capcom prior to the games' official release.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Blockman.png
Blockman.png (42.26 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

No joke, Mega Man 11 is seriously in the running for my favorite game in the Classic series. It added a ton of quality of life improvements, none of the weapons feel like useless filler (the game actually got me to start using boss weapons regularly when I'd normally just buster-only the majority of the game outside of boss fights,) the weakness chain actually makes sense and doesn't require crazy lateral thinking or wild guessing (only once was I thrown for a loop as to what a boss' weakness is,) and the plot is actually really damn good for a Classic series game and indirectly adds to certain plot points in the later series. My only real complain is that

the Wily fortress is a little disappointing, and all that stuff about the Double Gear system being dangerous indeed never gets brought up again.

Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I don't know how much it would be appreciated or reviled if I explained mechanics for things that are obtained each day, since this is a very new entry.

I will instead however, say that this game was balanced around the use of the Double Gear. Anyone watching or playing should not try to judge it without that fact in mind. I have beaten it on Normal without using it, but it's very unforgiving.

There are achievements in this game, but not a single one is for beating the game on any setting without using the gears. Doing it gearless is purely for your own self-satisfaction, and they knew that well.
Last edited by Chirei 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Post by Gardenolva »

The lack of intro stages in the Classic Mega Man is quite sad.

But MM11 looks rad so far and I'm gonna watch this particular LP till the end.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Also, a very important thing to note: There are TWO methods to quick select weapons: Either with the L and R buttons, or via the right stick (just point it in the direction of the bosses' place in the stage select screen and you immediately switch to it.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

FUN FACT
raocow picked hard mode, because this is one of those games that lies about difficulty levels in america! This is still a thing that happens!
However, this is the right pick for his skill level.

Regardless,,
GOOD GAME
GAME OWNS
MEGA MAN IS BACK BABYYYYY

even though the soundtrack sucks
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

man i dunno i don't like how this game looks, all the graphical effects seem super extra
and i don't like how the stage was basically twice as long as the average classic megaman stages of old
8 gets away with it by having midpoints that permasave, this is like as long as that but with no perma midpoint

everything else pretty much looked fine though, stage seemed maybe a bit hard for a standard MM level but ehh
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

You see everyone, Wily graduated from university in the year 200X, And you know what was popular in the 200X years? Enter the Matrix.
Back in the early 2000s everybody bullet-timed. Viewtiful Joe, Max Payne, F.E.A.R probably more!

In a similar vein to F.E.A.R, you might get conceited and start to think you don't need your bullet-time powers. This of course is a sure-fire way to get turned into a skeleton.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

That rotating platform between the spikes gave me a lot of trouble. Eventually I had to

buy the spike guard and just tank it

I enjoyed this game a lot, though. Even as I was struggling with a lot of it. It just feels so good to play!
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

rock hit robo puberty and now everything's amazing
thatguyif
Pronouns: We Are The 99%

Post by thatguyif »

So, I'm going to throw down a gauntlet that could be accomplished within 11 days:

Power. Rankings.

For all the Mega Men (except the Gaidens).

Do better than The_Betus/Diabeetus.

We must know

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

young light is really cute

not that old light isnt cute
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Mea

Post by Mea »

Super Llama wrote: 4 years ago (just point it in the direction of the bosses' place in the stage select screen and you immediately switch to it.
I'm in awe at the simple beauty of this. So simple, so intuitive, so beautiful.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Still bitter about the laggy controls, with probably never truly love the game as a result tbh

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Alright! It's Mega Man 11 time! When I first got this game I played through it four times before finally moving on, and as that might suggest, this is one of my favourite Mega Man games. Now that raocow's playing through it, this seems like a good time for me to play it yet again. (Though without a ranking system like in the Mega Man Zero games there's not much to stop me from just breezing through the stages. Maybe this would be a good time for me to try a no damage run or something.) Anyway, I don't have much else to say here, but I'm looking forward to the rest of this.

kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Wait, Dr. Wily invented something in college that is so powerful that Dr. Light basically just gives up against it, and he just never used it because he forgot about it? And the only reason MegaMan is even allowed to intervene is because Light kept a prototype of Wily's college project lying around for decades, despite knowing it was so dangerous that he had to warn the Council of Robot Science to never let it go into production, just in case he ever invented a robot that would talk him into installing it anyway?