(shouting)

JUMP½

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Sixcorby
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JUMP½

Post by Sixcorby »

It's finally here!

This is the long-awaited sequel to JUMP. Started by aterraformer as a smaller collab inspired by the VIPs, it quickly spiralled out of control and became a true sequel headed by lolyoshi, Sixcorby, and Lazy, and was saved by worldpeace several times over. JUMP½ features even more of the wacky design and creativity JUMP is known for, on top of several new features and a significantly less brutal difficulty curve.

JUMP's storehouses and dragon coin reward system return, along with the level info menu, hint movies, and a retry system for the hardest levels. This hack also boasts a brand new ASM-heavy boss or two, new unlockable items, plenty of hidden puzzles and 3-UP moons, saving at any time on the overworld, and a few other neat features.

This hack has been over three years in the making, and development hell has finally released its demons!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: JUMP½

Post by Super Maks 64 »

A talkhaus collab is finally finished
Emral
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/

Post by Emral »

It's been 10 years...
I do things. You can find them on my talkhaus site. https://enjl.talkhaus.com/
Here is another link. This one lets you draw.
https://enjl.talkhaus.com/draw.html
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i cant believe brutal mario is finally out

EDIT: whomever ported this wild arms overworld theme gets a free blowjob from me
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I made two whole things in this game!!!!!!!!!!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Valentine
[b]the[/b]
Pronouns: she/her
https://valentine.talkhaus.com/

Post by Valentine »

I'm gonna start let's playing this before raocow does effective immediately.

also I'm scared of like half of the gifs in the first post and this makes me immensely paranoid but also excited.

Looks pretty great overall so far though!
:trans_pride:
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

congrats whoever voted jump 1/2 for "first talkhaus collab to finish" during the last mosts.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

i did a thing for this!

i've been so disconnected from this thing's development for a very long time that i have 0 idea if it's still in or if it had to be removed for whatever reason, but that doesn't change the fact that that was an action that occurred!
Enjl wrote: 5 years ago It's been 10 years...
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Slaughterbahn

is still in the hack, yes.
Mosts Awards:
PlatformKing72
wtf is a touhou anyway

Post by PlatformKing72 »

How do I activate the Hint Movies?
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

PlatformKing72 wrote: 4 years ago How do I activate the Hint Movies?

You have to find the level that contains them. Hint: you need the red switch.

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
PlatformKing72
wtf is a touhou anyway

Post by PlatformKing72 »

Thanks, The Yellow Switch is a pain (an understatement)
PlatformKing72
wtf is a touhou anyway

Post by PlatformKing72 »

JUMP 1/2 is perfection
Sixcorby
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Sixcorby »

JUMP½ version 1.01

See changelog for what's been updated (although a few minor changes were not documented). Most bugs that have been reported are patched, but one thing we weren't able to do is pinpoint the cause of the crashes that some players have experienced when playing on an Analogue Super NT. If you use this system to play hacks, JUMP½ should be beatable, but be cautious and save frequently, as you may encounter crashes. If you play on an ordinary SNES console or SNES classic, you should be fine.

JUMP½ resource pack

Contains all the music, blocks, sprites, graphics, and ASM used in JUMP½. For sprites and UberASM code, you may encounter tool incompatibilities, as this hack uses Sprite Tool and UberASM patch. This means if you want to use a sprite or some UberASM code from this pack and you are using PIXI or UberASM tool, it will need to be converted. Additionally, it may take some ASM knowledge to isolate a specific piece of UberASM code that you want to use. None of these resources are SA-1 compatible.

Also warning: Do not open JUMP½ in Lunar Magic version 3.0 or later; the hack may break. If you must open the ROM in LM, open it in version 2.53, as that is the version the hack was made in.
Last edited by Sixcorby 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Sixcorby wrote: 4 years ago JUMP½ version 1.01

See changelog for what's been updated (although a few minor changes were not documented). Most bugs that have been reported are patched, but one thing we weren't able to do is pinpoint the cause of the crashes that some players have experienced when playing on an Analogue Super NT. If you use this system to play hacks, JUMP½ should be beatable, but be cautious and save frequently, as you may encounter crashes. If you play on an ordinary SNES console or SNES classic, you should be fine.

JUMP½ resource pack

Contains all the music, blocks, sprites, graphics, and ASM used in JUMP½. For sprites and UberASM code, you may encounter tool incompatibilities, as this hack uses Sprite Tool and UberASM patch. This means if you want to use a sprite or some UberASM code from this pack and you are using PIXI or UberASM tool, it will need to be converted. Additionally, it may take some ASM knowledge to isolate a specific piece of UberASM code that you want to use. None of these resources are SA-1 compatible.

Also warning: Do not open JUMP½ in Lunar Magic version 3.0 or later; the hack may break. If you must open the ROM in LM, open it in version 2.53, as that is the version the hack was made in.
A link for JUMPHalf Resource is broken. Please check for this problem. 404 Error...
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
Sixcorby
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Sixcorby »

fixed
Disk Poppy
Pronouns: any
https://disk-poppy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Disk Poppy »

Sixcorby wrote: 4 years ago JUMP½ version 1.01

JUMP½ resource pack

The link to the resources is broken again.
Sixcorby
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Sixcorby »

Disk Poppy wrote: 2 years agoThe link to the resources is broken again.
its working for me
Disk Poppy
Pronouns: any
https://disk-poppy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Disk Poppy »

Oh, it's working for me now. Sorry