(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chirei

Re: Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 - Double Trouble

Post by Chirei »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago I think the best would be to go easy then, and then when I do volume 1 clean-up those would be single fights done in normal? that would make sense to me.
Just in case, even if you don't commit to this choice, I have a better idea.

I'll just do Vol.1 on Easy and give you that file. You do NOT want to deal with the final battle of Vol.1 on Normal. It's much harder than Vol. 2's in my opinion.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Haha wow, I just tried this mode out of curiosity back when this game came out, died not too far in in the first round of fights and never touched it again. I figured it was kinda tricky but I didn't realize it'd be a total nightmare like this.

Keeping the standard lives system combined with not making you heal after winning a fight is so horrible. Cause if you get to the 2nd round of fights and lose your 2nd life to them (so you're at 0), you may as well just reset. Cause now you have to do 2 of the double boss fights back-to-back with a single life bar.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Ashan wrote: Haha wow, I just tried this mode out of curiosity back when this game came out, died not too far in in the first round of fights and never touched it again. I figured it was kinda tricky but I didn't realize it'd be a total nightmare like this.
You can tell this was rushed.

I am disappointed because the premise and a number of the fights are quite interesting, especially since you can use some weapons foreign to their game. Something seemingly low effort like this could have been much greater than it was.

just hire me capcom so i can work on the real X instead of making gifs of him
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago I haven't mentioned this yesterday but some of the bosses have quite a clash in graphics style with each other or with X.
and therefore it will never be accepted on smbx.org
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Oh wow, I didn't expect raocow to play this. I wouldn't blame you if you want to switch to easy mode. I've been playing this on and off myself, and after watching the first video of this I was inspired to go beat the stage I had been stuck at for some time. It took me about two hours, and that's not even counting the time from my previous sessions (all the previous stages only took me one session to clear). Also, since it seems that some of the fights are different between versions I suppose it's worth mentioning that I'm playing on Legacy Collection 2. Considering my experience, and this second video, I'd say that switching to easy mode might be for the best.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I also started on normal then quickly realized it's way more fun on easy mode.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

I'd just stop. Boss rushes are boring, and this is pretty much what this is.

Meanwhile I'm super late and I should have talked about this before: The Wonky RT Jump beck does in MN9 gives him I-frames. Very helpful against pretty much everything.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I mean yeah I'm not interested in this one to begin with but playing it on easy would make it tolerable at least
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, I want to see it through just for the novelty of 2-on-1 fights, and this game's success along with that next one did make sure this franchise will continue for a bit again anyway!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

do it on hard mode with the dk bongos you big pussy
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Zinfandel

Post by Zinfandel »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 5 years ago do it on hard mode with the dk bongos you big pussy
You first.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

feels like there's five levels of difficulty gradation between what they consider 'easy' and 'normal'
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Zinfandel wrote: 5 years ago
Christopher Lloyd wrote: 5 years ago do it on hard mode with the dk bongos you big pussy
You first.
uno_reverse_card.jpg
uno_reverse_card.jpg (20.95 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Zinfandel

Post by Zinfandel »

Christopher Lloyd wrote: 5 years ago
Zinfandel wrote: 5 years ago
You first.
uno_reverse_card.jpg
Physical challenge.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago I also started on normal then quickly realized it's way more fun on easy mode.
The one big thing about Easy Mode is that the bosses are so weak that it's fun to score run it... if you can deal with taking like a minute per restart due to all the animations.

To give an idea of how big the difference is, you have double weapon energy also on Easy. Along with bosses taking double damage, you have enough Dark Hold energy to kill the Skiver and also do more than half of Neon Tiger's health in 2-2 using just well-timed Plasma Shots before it runs out. You won't do nearly this much on Normal.

I ran through Vol. 1 last night on Easy to update the save and it took me probably not even 20 minutes, including all animations, to wipe out all 81 fights. Hence this:
raocow wrote: feels like there's five levels of difficulty gradation between what they consider 'easy' and 'normal'
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

All the bosses have a ton of extra weaknesses from other games' weapons, right? Could that have helped at all?
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Reverning wrote: 5 years ago All the bosses have a ton of extra weaknesses from other games' weapons, right? Could that have helped at all?
...Sort of? It really depends on the fight.

To give some examples:

Storm Eagle takes "secondary weakness" damage from Aiming Laser. Given how it also allows you to hit him when he's vertically different from you, it's a very good choice for 2-1. raocow already figured this out, though.

Neon Tiger is also affected by Dark Hold. However, if you look at my post above, you will see that this is not really feasible on Normal, as it doesn't remove either boss from the equation.

There are other fights like 2-1 that hammer in the "extra weakness" thing and make them pretty interesting, but those we will not see for a while, I think.
Fapnoob

Post by Fapnoob »

would like to see you finish, just cause there are some really cool battles up ahead.
Also if possible do some of the collection 1 bosses too they are different.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

X Challenge may be brutally hard (not necessarily for the right reasons,) and in my experience not even work, but oh my god does the new music for it fukkin slap.

Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Super Llama wrote: 5 years ago X Challenge may be brutally hard (not necessarily for the right reasons,) and in my experience not even work, but oh my god does the new music for it fukkin slap.
X3 Boss Remix is also amazing.

Final Boss Theme (and both vocal versions) also.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

So it really seems like the difficulty modes are 2 forms of impossible or "don't even try, just mash the buttons and you'll win"
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Nothing was risked and nothing was gained

(incidentally this is the kind of poorly thought out difficulty design that teaches people to expect easy modes to be, well, like this)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i think c-side videos are best when they're short, anyway. that's how all the mega men started out, y'know? and then, like, the gb mega man games happened, and the ps1 mega man x games, and mega man & bass, and mega man zero...
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
LunarRainbowShyGuy

Post by LunarRainbowShyGuy »

Before I saw it described here I figured easy mode would be just a minor decrease in difficulty, maybe X would have 20% more health and damage for instance. But this is so easy I feel like I could do it with my eyes closed. Just look at Neon Tiger, he takes enough damage from his charged weakness to die in just four hits! That's ridiculous! I'm fine with normal mode being how it is; I expected something difficult and that's what I got. I can definitely agree though that there should be something between normal and easy.

That aside, I thought of more I wanted to say about this mode since yesterday. I've seen people calling the bosses in this mode damage sponges, but I actually kind of like the amount of health they have. Some bosses, like Commander Yammark, had too little health in their original games to do much at all, let alone be a threat, so it's nice to see them have a chance to show off what they can do. Not that it matters much in easy mode, but... well I've talked enough about that already. (Though even in this video I feel like Yammark got to do more than he usually does.)

Chirei

Post by Chirei »

LunarRainbowShyGuy wrote: 5 years ago That aside, I thought of more I wanted to say about this mode since yesterday. I've seen people calling the bosses in this mode damage sponges, but I actually kind of like the amount of health they have. Some bosses, like Commander Yammark, had too little health in their original games to do much at all, let alone be a threat, so it's nice to see them have a chance to show off what they can do. Not that it matters much in easy mode, but... well I've talked enough about that already. (Though even in this video I feel like Yammark got to do more than he usually does.)
I liked the custom healthbars in X6 and I am sad they have never done this for any other game.

Yammark looks like he has a thin build, and i'm sure you noticed, he will spam the screen with absolute garbage if you let him move. If you use anything but the plasma shot on him in X6, you'll find it's very hard to keep up with the garbage.

They absolutely needed custom health in here or something, not letting every single boss have the same insane healthbar.