(shouting)

Re: Donkey Kong Country (La-Banana)(The Great Kongo Bongo Civil War)(LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999)

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: Donkey Kong Country Thread

Post by Rixithechao »

Voltgloss wrote: So I just watched the DK Rap for the first time

When is someone going to make the Demo & Co. version?
well we were saving it for a2xt2 but I mean, I guess we could share it here if folks want it now
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Donkey Kong Country (GBA) - Every New Game Has Photo Mode

Post by Blivsey »

• Clam City: In a secret area near the Clambo at 0:58
  • Bumble B. Rumble: Hand-slam the center of the arena
  • Collect 600 tokens in Winky's bonus area (success!)
So here's something fun: Bumble B. Rumble was changed in the GBA version! For one, Queen B. only ever moves in the wave pattern, but the major difference is that before returning to yellow, she summons a shield of Zingers that you have to defeat before being able to hurt her again. Each hit will summon a different shield formation. In addition, only one barrel spawns at a time, in a random location.

So, yeah, she's significantly harder in the port! Lots of bosses have changes, like Very Gnawty jumping to the opposite edge of the map when it gets hit, but Queen B. is the most obvious (and the hardest boss in the game, in my opinion. Bumble B. Rumble was my wall when I was a kid.).
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

˛

Post by Super Maks 64 »

nvm
Last edited by Super Maks 64 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

wario land 2 - control the owl

Post by Crow »

the thread title gimmick is super funny tbh
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Re: This is the Donkey Kong thread for Donkey Kong

Post by Rixithechao »

okay so like, serious question for the mods. Is it possible to make Mandew's post with the video list the OP?

edit: oh, maks' post has already been deleted. well then.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Re: Donkey Kong Country (GBA) - Every New Game Has Photo Mode

Post by KobaBeach »

Blivsey wrote: 5 years ago So here's something fun: Bumble B. Rumble was changed in the GBA version! For one, Queen B. only ever moves in the wave pattern, but the major difference is that before returning to yellow, she summons a shield of Zingers that you have to defeat before being able to hurt her again. Each hit will summon a different shield formation. In addition, only one barrel spawns at a time, in a random location.

So, yeah, she's significantly harder in the port! Lots of bosses have changes, like Very Gnawty jumping to the opposite edge of the map when it gets hit, but Queen B. is the most obvious (and the hardest boss in the game, in my opinion. Bumble B. Rumble was my wall when I was a kid.).
That's actually a lot more interesting than the SNES version, good on them.

The Zinger summoning does remind me of that janky Zinger boss from Super Mario LD that shot Zingers everywhere
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Taigiry

Re: LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999

Post by Taigiry »

I completely forgot what Winky's bonus room even looked like, to be honest. But then again, I was actively avoiding those animal tokens later on because they felt more like a punishment.

Also tomorrow

is gonna be the most beautiful stage in the game and sadly also the only one of its kind.

raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Donkey Kong Country (LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999)

Post by raocow »

I'm trying to find out how to make mandew's post the op one but I can't seem to figure it out. I deleated the first post by super mak's request, which, fair enough.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Re: Donkey Kong Country (LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999)

Post by Piesonscreations »

I haven't checked this thread for not even a full day and, man, stuff did happen. nyoro~n
ImageImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Donkey King County (LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999)

Post by Awoo »

Piesonscreations wrote: 5 years ago I haven't checked this thread for not even a full day and, man, stuff did happen. nyoro~n
But this is the Talkhaus where things *never* happen! :kood:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Re: VVVVVV 2: a whole lotta W's

Post by Ditocoaf »

It strikes me as the sort of thing that's potentially funny when you already know what's going on, but mildly-annoying to frustrating if you don't. People enjoy a running joke when it draws an in-group line with themselves on the "in on it" side.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: VVVVVV 2: a whole lotta W's

Post by Leet »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years ago It strikes me as the sort of thing that's potentially funny when you already know what's going on, but mildly-annoying to frustrating if you don't.
Only cowards find these to be mutually exclusive
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Lockirby2

Re: Donkey Kong Country (La-Banana)(The Great Kongo Bongo Civil War)(LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999)

Post by Lockirby2 »

I mean, I saw that there were frog statues, but until today I never even thought about the existence of Winky's bonus room...
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I think the title gimmick for the lp is obvious enough, but any particular reason the verses are all over the place, or is it just whatever's relevant?
they also all seem to be lines about DK specifically
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Slipslide Ride is a level that, when I was a kid, never gave me much trouble. And then I came back to the game not too long ago in competition with my brother and it kind of did, which really surprised me.

Anyway, I love the atmosphere there, it's so weird it's used nowhere else. The atmosphere in the outdoor snow levels is also super cool, though.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

When I was a child, I used to call Expresso "Useless McBird". And when I say "as a child", I mean I still do as an adult. Because he's useless and a bird. The end.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

reverse rope climbing reminds me of the times i go up on down escalators because i got on them by accident and i dont want to go all the way down just to go back up (its my Quirk)

strongbadman wrote: 5 years ago I think the title gimmick for the lp is obvious enough, but any particular reason the verses are all over the place, or is it just whatever's relevant?
they also all seem to be lines about DK specifically
meowth that's right
Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: When I was a child, I used to call Expresso "Useless McBird". And when I say "as a child", I mean I still do as an adult. Because he's useless and a bird. The end.
i thought he was a girl
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I always thought Winky was a girl myself, but apparently not! A quick flip through the Mario Wiki suggests that Ellie (DKC3) and Orco (Jungle Beat) are the only female animal friends, though Flurl is only ever referred to as "it", which seems rather rude, and the Helibirds aren't specified.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker

Re: Re: Donkey Kong Country (La-Banana)(The Great Kongo Bongo Civil War)(LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999)

Post by Super Maks 64 »

Also
>ropes that make you go up automatically when climbing on them
>ropes that make you go down automatically when climbing on them
>ice cave
haimari presents haimari by haimari
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Wouldn't it just make more sense to get Funky to fly you to the top?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
KobaBeach

Re: Re: Donkey Kong Country (La-Banana)(The Great Kongo Bongo Civil War)(LP Subforum Thread one thou- er, make that 999)

Post by KobaBeach »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 5 years ago haimari presents haimari by haimari
Hyperどんコング
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

This game is pretty nice
Attachments
DKC.png
DKC.png (711.93 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Re: Donkey Kong Country (GBA) - banana sundae

Post by Blivsey »

• Slipside Ride: At the top of a rope to the left of the N letter
  • Ice Age Alley: After the ropes after the midpoint, between the second and third ice cliff
  • Croctopus Chase: After the midpoint, play until you use the next set of Barrel Cannons, then swim into the gap above them and to the left to find a secret room
More Fun Facts: Croctopus Chase and Ice Age Alley swapped places on the map in the GBA port for some reason. And speaking of the maps, they're very different in the port! They also scroll. Take that, SNES. Here's a Gorilla Glacier comparison, followed with the others.
ImageImage
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

The reason Expresso got hurt by the Klaptrap is because when Expresso lands from flapping his wings, he lands with his body close to the ground, close enough that the Klaptrap could hurt him. So you have to be careful with that.
Blivsey wrote: 5 years ago More Fun Facts: Croctopus Chase and Ice Age Alley swapped places on the map in the GBA port for some reason
A fair number of levels changed places in the GBA port ever since world 3, presumably because the layout of the physical maps changed.
Last edited by MonkeyShrapnel 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)