(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Re: Mega Man 9 - Retro Reboot

Post by Kleetus »

Upon realizing that in his new life as a hot tub he will bear witness to an old naked wrinkly Dr. Light on a regular basis, Magma Man returns to his life of crime.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Awoo wrote:
Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago
Leet wrote: 5 years ago Well you guys were right everyone, that ending was a very thorough demonstration of wily's evil and light's goodness that totally acknowledged the problems of a society with mandated murder dates of minorities. Hahahahaha stop making bad faith arguments on the internet
I was legit surprised that the ending seemed to completely ignore the expiration date plotline. Especially as I had a memory of "Dr. Light stood up for the expired robots" or something like that being part of the ending.

After some source-checking, seems I was remembering this line from the Mega Man Knowledge Base wiki: "In the end, Light was released from prison. He then found useful purposes for all of the Robot Masters he had designed, which had reached their expiration dates." Which... I guess is one way to interpret the scenes shown during the end? But if that was the intent, the game was super oblique about it. And I couldn't find any actual authoritative source to clarify the issue.
If there's one thing the Mega Men games have ever been notable for, it's their super coherent and sensible story lines that should win Pulitzer Prizes nyoro~n
The expiration date thing is pretty much just lifted from Blade Runner and then immediately forgotten about because its only purpose is to let Wily trick the robots. They didn't bother fleshing it out because this game was supposed to be 'retro' and those games didn't have much plot, so lets not bother with explaining anything either. Like, by even comparing the RMs to minorities you've already put a lot more thought into the world of classic megaman than the designers ever did.

Dr Light does oppose the expiration date thing in Megamix, which is basically capcom's unofficial plot bible for the megaman series. the MM9 portion of megamix came with the ost if you ordered it from capcom, and it has this to say on it: ""The World Robot Union decided that industrial robots should have expiration dates to control their exceeding numbers. Dr. Light was the only one who opposed it."

Kleetus

Post by Kleetus »

Well I suppose it is "retro" to include story for your game in additional media, such as the manual and magazines.

I like to imagine this is Ruby-Spears Cutman, and the law has just exempted the World's most incompetent machine from being scrapped.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

the duality of (wo)man

I also remember the ending being more in-depth than that. Apologies to Leet and others for getting my mental wires crossed. I do think the story would have been more valid and made more sense if it was presented in-game the way I remember it going, but clearly Capcom couldn't be bothered.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! FAKE MAN

"I'm closer than you think..."

Fake Man (フェイクマン Feikuman) is the name given to a series of fake police robots built by Dr Wily to infiltrate police forces and secure his speedy release in the event of capture. Thus, he is built to the same specifications as the real police robots, including their signature Revolver Busters. However, the Fake Man series is far superior in both quality of materials and in combat AI.

In the game's main content, two Fake Man robots appear inside the Wily Castle. Dr. Wily claims that he was the police robot that arrested Dr. Light, but Proto Man proves correct in assuming that the "Dr. Light" Wily has captive is the robot copy Wily used to make the fake video released to the press. Thus, Fake Man did not arrest Light, and, in fact, Light was arrested by the real police, who released him once Mega Man delivered the Memory Circuit Board to them.

In the Special Stage, Mega Man must traverse a city landscape and face difficult enemies, one boss, and all of the mini-bosses found in the main content of Mega Man 9 as he makes his way to the lair of Dr. Light's "arresting officer." Fake Man is strong, but greedy, and can be easily tricked by fake valuables.

Fake Man is very agile and uses his Revolver Buster to rapidly fire projectiles at Mega Man. This weapon has the advantage of firing in multiple directions, but is offset by the need to manually reload every six shots, leaving Fake Man defenseless for a short period. Fake Man won't fire his weapon unless Mega Man provokes him, though he will attempt to run into Mega Man regardless of his intent. His pattern of shooting is: he jumps backwards and shoots a bullet in the air and then another on ground, then jumps to the other side and fire two bullets at the player's current location: one when he just jumped and another when he is about to land, and he will shoot the last two by jumping in place. If Mega Man uses the Jewel Satellite weapon, he can reflect Fake Man's shots back at him for small damage, or deliver a heavy amount of damage to him with the Jewel Satellite itself. However, the Jewel Satellite doesn't have enough weapon energy to defeat him, so it is recommended to reflect the most bullets at him when he is shooting, then fire the shield at him while he reloads, then jump over him to avoid being rammed by him, and activate the shield again to trigger his pattern again.

In the Short Circuits from Mega Man #20, Dr. Wily creates Police Man, a Robot Master identical to Fake Man except for the lack of a weapon in his arm. Police Man was intended to infiltrate the local law enforcement and bend them to Wily's will, but instead he goes after Wily because of his large repertoire of crimes, including theft, disturbing the peace, assault, forgetting to call his mother on her birthday and reckless driving.

Trivia
Like Doc Robot and the Dark Man robots, it is unknown what Fake Man's serial number is, or if he has one.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Obviously Fake Man's real weakness is whatever Real Man's weapon is.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

So, will you not even take a look at the Endless Mode?
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

The best part is, you get to go through THREE one-life special stages next game. Though at least they don't include miniboss refights and a shark.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 5 years ago So, will you not even take a look at the Endless Mode?
I had completely forgotten about that
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Mega Man 9 - Retro Robot Reboot

Post by Awoo »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 5 years ago So, will you not even take a look at the Endless Mode?
Please tell me that's like the Endless Zote thing from Hollow Knight
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Kleetus

Post by Kleetus »

A Robot Master the fires white pellets instead of a large gimmick projectile? WHAT HAS ROBOTICS DONE?
On top of that Fake Man can aim his buster at a 45 degree angle, something our boy Mega Man can only do with certain weapons.
Alas though, Dr. Wily, knowing that what he created was too powerful gave Fake Man a weakness, he has to reload every six shots.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

oh boy sure love spending 5 minutes to get one attempt at a boss :rao:
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Fake Man's pattern is far more irritating to deal with than something that is literally the exact same thing every time should be.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Heavy Sigh wrote: 5 years agoLike, by even comparing the RMs to minorities you've already put a lot more thought into the world of classic megaman than the designers ever did.
That's the point...? That they didn't put any thought into the implications of using serious themes without care? Why do people keep repeating my points back to me.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

"It's not meant to be deep" and "if you do think about it however, it's pretty fucked up" are not contradictory statements.
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago "It's not meant to be deep" and "if you do think about it however, it's pretty fucked up" are not contradictory statements.
No.
If it's not meant to be deep, it just means that the "hidden fucked up" nature of it is also unintended. However, that doesn't erase the fact that someone can find something fucked up when they think about it. Saying that one contradicts the other is a leap in logic.

That said, "if you do think about it however, it's pretty fucked up" is a statement which is insignificant here, since the statement is always true to some extent regardless of context. It invites people to give some thought under that perspective, but it does not constitute an argument.
video games
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

things that needed to happen:

things that didn't: this episode :ehh:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

raocow, the number after 9 is X so next up is clearly Mega Man X.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I don't know I enjoyed that short and nice video of Megaman real lifecore
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Mega Man 9 - Robo Robo Robo

Post by Awoo »

raocow, the only solution is to play a little known game named "ROCMANX" and add it to the list nyoro~n
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Awoo
~wan~wan

Re: Mega Man 9 - Retro Roboto Domo Arigato

Post by Awoo »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago

if nothing else I'd love to see raocow add it to his ATMM playlist as an April fool's joke. That or play like 5 minutes of a Zelda Classic MegaMan Fangame or MegaMan Soccer or something >.>

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker

Post by Super Maks 64 »

If anyone wanted to know what other stages raocow could have encountered:

For some reason there's quite a lot of water rooms (especially water rooms with spikes)
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Water rooms with spikes are the height of game design; everybody knows that

Looking forward to relentlessly shitting on MM10, but hey, maybe raocow will actually use the super interesting and varied weapons now that he can quick-select them huh huh huh
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago Water rooms with spikes are the height of game design; everybody knows that

Looking forward to relentlessly shitting on MM10, but hey, maybe raocow will actually use the super interesting and varied weapons now that he can quick-select them huh huh huh
cant wait for him to not bother with tri-blade and nitro man's wheel thing aka the best weapons in the game

oh and the shield
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage