(shouting)

Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Re: Copy Kitty - Imitation is the besterest form of flattery

Post by Kleetus »

I expected rao's first encounter with the Harvester Orzinav to be more troublesome; but this is because I completely blundered through Execution Chamber my first time playing.
Harvesters aren't as threatening when you realize that their attack is slow, telegraphed, and not a long range projectile, even if it does do silly high damage.
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Though I find it weird that Boki opened that one door in that one level, and then it hasn't really come up since.
I think it's suggested that the alarm doors are not supposed to ever open on their own, at least until a Construct comes by to secure the prisoner and turn off the alarm.

The reason they open after Boki kills all the Constructs is because she's using those copied codes just like the first time, but she has to dispose of the Constructs first or they'll block the attempt.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

so people who are in the know approx how much of this is left
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago so people who are in the know approx how much of this is left
It'll go on forever. Accept the kitty.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago so people who are in the know approx how much of this is left
We're coming up on the half way point of Boki Normal, and difficulty is increasing - we're on episode 17, so I would guess around 23-28 episodes more? Obviously can vary a lot. Boki Hard, Savant Normal and Savant Hard will all be separate at different times.

Basically last week of March for end of Boki Normal. I don't know if Boki Hard will immediately follow or if raocow will go back to the Patreon B-side list before that.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

main game has 12 worlds, and this is world 6. hard to say how many videos because it raocow might do more (or less) than 3 levels per video.

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I remember a few versions ago when score requirements still existed and Treacherous Maze was one of the hardest levels to get a good score on.

Also, nice job jumping over the horizontal radio waves. I always dealt with that attack by jumping on the Yoggval itself.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Y'know, where are Boki's parents? Boki has been in that simulator for a couple hours now, they probably should have called him for supper by now.
Second, are they even aware his uncle is training their kid to be a child soldier?

I also wonder how much of this scenario is under Savant's control. He's basically the dungeon master for this entire adventure, right? I bring this up since I find it odd he would allow communication be essentially cutoff for the first half of the prison arc, unless he's going for a 'realistic immersion' angle. If that phrase makes any sense.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Y'know, where are Boki's parents? Boki has been in that simulator for a couple hours now, they probably should have called him for supper by now.
Second, are they even aware his uncle is training their kid to be a child soldier?
1. Boki's a girl.

2. I think Raibys has said that Boki's actually a young adult and is old enough to be living on her own. (AzuRai, correct me if I'm mistaken here.)

Edit: Found Raibys's comment: "Boki's a young adult. I don't give ages for my characters but in human terms she'd probably be like 18 or 19. Savant wouldn't put Boki through such intense combat training if she were a kid, and Boki's not still in school or anything."
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Yeah, Boki's a young adult, probably inbetween mandatory education and voluntary assuming it's anything like most earthbound civilization, but she's kinda childish. Also, she's adopted - her adoptive mother is a Ploctite (insect person with lots of limbs), same species as Savant, while Boki is a Kitera (crystal cave cat person).
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Note most of the answers to that are in the Encyclopedia (think the boxes in zero/zx/zxa)
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

On the star run for Total Lockdown, raocow passing up a tier-3 power that spreads destruction across the screen to stick with a more focused shot that could precision target without releasing chaos is a beautiful piece of character development in this series.
Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Post by Azure Lazuline »

Plutia wrote: boki normal -> boki hard -> savant normal -> savant hard is how I'd like to see it done because raocow's gonna need to seriously adjust for savant content
My preferred order is Boki Normal, Savant Normal, Boki Hard, Savant Hard. The game works in basically any order, but that way has the best difficulty curve and new-content-introduction curve IMO.
Sebby19 wrote: Though I find it weird that Boki opened that one door in that one level, and then it hasn't really come up since.
Every time the alarm goes off, all the doors shut until you beat the enemies, then Boki unlocks them (but only the first time has a cutscene). You can see it really clearly in the first attempts at Dungeon Sewers and the bottom of Penguin Vault.
Sebby19 wrote: I bring this up since I find it odd he would allow communication be essentially cutoff for the first half of the prison arc, unless he's going for a 'realistic immersion' angle. If that phrase makes any sense.
Boki can exit the game at any time like the player can, just by going into the menu. Savant cut off only in-game communication as a roleplay/immersion thing, Boki's not actually trapped in any way.

Also! Me and Raibys recently launched a patapon: https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry
If you like Copy Kitty then you should consider supporting us! It gets you preview stuff for our next game too.
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Azure Lazuline wrote: 5 years ago
Plutia wrote: boki normal -> boki hard -> savant normal -> savant hard is how I'd like to see it done because raocow's gonna need to seriously adjust for savant content
My preferred order is Boki Normal, Savant Normal, Boki Hard, Savant Hard. The game works in basically any order, but that way has the best difficulty curve and new-content-introduction curve IMO.
Where would you both (or others) place in that order a run at Endless Mode

(and, thereafter and by extension, the extra story chapter unlocked through Endless Mode)

?
Azure Lazuline
Pronouns: choose randomly

Post by Azure Lazuline »

Do Endless whenever and as often as you want, it's a completely separate progression! You can do it first thing when you boot up the game if you want, it'll work just fine. The Extra World unlock is just so people don't see Endless as entirely a postgame thing.
Me and Raibys made Copy Kitty! Now we're working on another game, about fruit and hugs.
http://entanma.com
https://www.patreon.com/NuclearStrawberry
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Today raocow learned that Shadow Exchikkes are really freaking annoying...!

At least when going for gold stars.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Looks like we are finally past the factory arc. I'm guessing storming the stronghold will take up the next half of Boki's game.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Quote of the day: "Casual caterpillar of death" :D
Kleetus
Contrary to popular belief, dying is NOT cool.

Post by Kleetus »

Today roacow becomes reaper of penguins.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

I still super love that the target damage in Penguin Popper is 139, both because it's an absurdly high number in a level where you can't take damage, and the whole 139-being-Raibys's-number thing.
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

Plutia wrote: 5 years ago boki normal -> boki hard -> savant normal -> savant hard is how I'd like to see it done because raocow's gonna need to seriously adjust for savant content
I feel like playing a game through 4 times in a row is not something he's going to do though, so we'll likely have to wait for at least two of those runs.
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Do it like Big Fish Legends where it's only a filler episode between LPs.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Classtoise wrote: 5 years ago
Plutia wrote: 5 years ago boki normal -> boki hard -> savant normal -> savant hard is how I'd like to see it done because raocow's gonna need to seriously adjust for savant content
I feel like playing a game through 4 times in a row is not something he's going to do though, so we'll likely have to wait for at least two of those runs.
Pretty sure that's always been the plan, to split the entire game up into different seasons/sessions/runs/whatever you want to call it.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Congratulations to raocow for meeting the damage threshold on Penguin Popper on his first try.

Savant must have been playing Solitaire while he was programming this part of the simulation if that death caterpillar is anything to go by
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Now see, THIS is what I really love about Boki's copy power!

Enemy supercharges itself for more power? Boki copies the supercharge and powers up as well!

Let's see Kirby do that!