(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by HatKid »

The anime adaptions of Chaos;Head and Chaos;Child are quite bad as far as adaptions go so I've heard. I tried watching the C;H anime but I couldn't. It was just so... blegh. Like the studio didn't even try to properly adapt it. I like the VNs much more than the animes and speaking of Science Adventure, I finished up Chaos;Child yesterday. It's my favorite SciAdv VN for sure.

Beat Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army earlier. It's a decent action game and I hear the sequel is much better so I'm eager to pick that up eventually. It wasn't all that difficult outside of a few fights which was good because I am not a fan of very difficult games. In any event, I'm glad I played it and the minor audio desyncs in cutscenes that plague the PS2 classics version weren't that bad.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Started playing through Catherine yesterday. It's pretty alright, though the puzzles are weirdly inconsistent. So far every puzzle has either been trivially easy or infuriatingly difficult with no inbetween. Also the protagonist is a freaking moron.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Ashan wrote: 5 years agoAlso, hoo boy the Switch does not like some of the effects in this game. Butt bombs and this new bio hazard item both do some kind of screen effect that just destroys the framerate and slows the game down for as long as they're onscreen.
Huh, whenever I use those items on my switch, everything is perfectly fine. Maybe it's a storage thing? I'm not sure
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I don't know what storage would have to do with the Switch's processing speed.
Also my friend has the exact same issue as me.
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

I beat KH 3, just a quick, non-completion run to get the story out of it. Had a great time with it.

Now entering the Postgame of ASMBXT, just beat Fluffy Quest after about an hour. Ooof.
raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Completed that 100% solo Rayman Origins run. Had more trouble with the final two flying levels than I did the Livid Dead stage. Oops. Working on finishing up a co-op New Super Luigi U playthrough now. Been using Toadette to see how she works compared to the others. With that Super Crown on, she's broken as all get out. Whenever she's not, she's just like everyone else. Makes sense, but it's amazing how differently you have to play. It's like playing as two characters in one.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Beating the second banana's half of NSMB U Deluxe at 2:22 on 2/22 kind of says it all. I blame P Switch Peril for the five-minute delay.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The triple post now as I'm playing Wargroove on the Switch at the moment along with recording for something again for the first time in ages. Let me say that if you like Advance Wars that Wargroove is a good enough substitute for it so far. It has minimal voice acting (effort sounds and key phrases) from a talented cast, and the gameplay is pretty dang fun.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch Update:
Completed the Forgotten's post-it last night, which felt amazing because Greedier sucks! I have less than 20 unlocks to get through, and the booster items to find. I'm so close!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Quadro
Heh heh.

Post by Quadro »

I'm playing a Pokemon hack called Pokemon Altered Emerald.
It's like the base Emerald, but with more stuff.
I'm really liking it.

"You are loved and you matter, whether you want to or not."
-raocow, 2023

"Wherever you are tonight,
I wish you the best of everything."

-Tom Petty

icon stolen from:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Wargroove didn't take long to add fog of war missions to the game. Good thing that dogs of war can climb mountains and scout out the situation for you. I also like the fact that one of the commanding officers is literally a dog himself.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Reminder that Slime Rancher is going to be 100% off for two weeks starting this Thursdmas. If you wanna know what it's like to live on a planet exclusively inhabited by pholtos (spoilers: you do), then this is gonna be a must-get. Especially for Free.99.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... ncher/home
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Helped out as a co-op partner for someone in Warriors Orochi 4. It's a Warriors game, so I knew what I was getting into. Hyrule, this ain't.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Been playing DROD: Journey To Rooted Hold
The challenges are ridiculous.

Been playing Just Cause 2... Just Cause.

Considering starting Pokemon Crystal Clear v2.0Beta cause it's a crystal romhack that's apparently freeroaming and you can collect all 251 pokemon in it.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I might not start regularly posting here again but I've been replaying Dragon Quest 1 NES for the past week or so. Lv14, saved Gwaelin. Trying to get Erdrick's Armor in Hauksness and reach Cantlin for armor and weapons (and the Erdrick's Token hint, technically).

I also beat Hydlide Special (the NES one AVGN and ProJared ripped on) as a joke and I made it out of there relatively unharmed. Savescummed at Varalys, though. I'm also at the second Dhaos fight in Tales of Phantasia PS1, when you first arrive to the future. He's a doozy. And I'm at Gami Gami Castle in Book One of PoPoLoCROIS PSP (the inferior, but only English version). Lastly, I beat Wild ARMs this past January it was hella gay (everyone in that game is an idiot wtf)

I've been in a sort of RPG high since last year? Ys V, then Illusion of Gaia, Summon Night: Swordcraft Story, Barkley Gaiden, Arc the Lad, Poké Alpha Sapphire, Breath of Fire, Star Ocean, BoF II (retranslation patch), the Deltarune demo, BoF III, Final Fantasy X International and Arc the Lad II

I had a stomach virus like back in Summer 2017 which slowly debilitated me and then had me hospitalized for a month or so and then it came back early last year so I kinda had a forced hiatus when it comes to video games

EDIT: I also tried starting Paper Mario, Bahamut Lagoon, Kingdom Hearts II FM+, Unlimited Saga, Summon Night 1 (JP only, oy) and Digimon World 1 and PoPoLoCROIS Monogatari (again, JP only) but it didn't work out. I got pretty far in the WonderSwan remake of FF Legend but I lost interest for some reason? I think it might have been from my illness. I'll try them all again later.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I did a daily run in Isaac for the first time just now. Had a pretty good run going, got as far as the womb before finding a Plan C pill in a challenge room. I hadn't seen one before so I used it and it instakilled the boss and then instakilled me. GG
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I got to the

2nd Act

of Dragon Quest XI, and
Oh man
Things are not going how I expected.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago With that, I'm actually not sure where to next -
I still feel the need to check in with this thread even though all I've been playing is Warframe nyoro~n Nightwave, the replacement for the Alerts system, is great and has me trying out things I've been putting off in favour of Alerts before now, like Orokin Vaults, Lua trials, and FISHING.

Theme of my life for the past six months under the spoiler.
Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Restarted FF1 NES last night. Lv3, at Pravoka, got Bikke's Ship.
Currently, upgrading equipment and getting Lv2 Magic.

Party is Warrior/Monk/W. Mage/R. Mage.

Also beat up some ogres, it was eventful!
Image Image
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Dropped everything a month ago to start Etrian Odyssey Nexus. Currently closing in on the end of the 8th(!!!) Stratum. Having tons of fun. Atlus clearly wanted this to be a franchise send-off/love letter to all the long-time fans.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Finally beat the Axe Knight in Dragon Quest and got the Erdrick's Armor, enabling me to get the hint for the Token! Got the Rainbow Drop in the end! The big trick was

using StopSpell (Fizzle (Mahotoon)) to seal its spells and then hope it shits the bed and tries to cast Sleep (Snooze (Rariho)) like a fucking dumbass

. Metal Slime hunting in preperation for the Dragonlord. He's not a biggie, but better safe than sorry! I'm only at Lv17 too. Early 20s should be good enough.

Can you imagine someone fresh out of DQXI trying to play the NES DQI&II holy shit
the fact the GBC, SNES and Mobile versions got translated is a blessing

Also added replays to my Games Beat list in the other thread. So yeah, I forgot to say I fucking played through Sonic 1&2 and CD (original versions, not Tax/Stealth) all in one day (Feb 12th), and then beat Sonic 3&K's Sonic & Tails mode the next day.

I kind of got distracted by Tales of Phantasia and other shit so I still have to do Launch Base and the &K half of Knuckles' story (game overed at Big Arm ;;). They're still good, eat shit everyone who ever posted a "was sonic ever good" hot take (okay CD is not a good Sonic game, I'll concede, but it's still a perfectly fine game)
Image Image
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe
Pronouns: she/they

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i have been glued to my switch playing baba is you since it came out two days ago and i love it, which is good because i have a car maintenance appointment in a half-hour that i'll probably have to wait in a lobby for a couple hours for, so i'm glad to have a gooood puzzle game to keep me occupied
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

BABA is PLAY

at 62 levels clear last I played, have cleaned out three areas so far
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

So, Touhou Luna Nights is a fun experience.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Unlocked The Lost in the Isaac file I've been playing lately on Switch.

In original Rebirth, he was an absolute nightmare and after I had completed his unlocks for Real Platinum God, I never wanted to play Isaac again. But with the DLC making Holy Mantle an unlockable starting item for him, he's actually a ton of fun now! I don't even think it should be a stupid Greed Mode unlock, it should just be part of his gimmick, cause 1 hit per room makes it not as stressful that an unlucky room could end your great run out of nowhere. It kinda makes it so his strategy is finding a way to have a reusable panic button, either in the form of invincibility, room clearing, or being able to exit the room to refresh holy mantle. It makes you think about your strategy in a different way.
I did one play session and managed to get his unlocks for It lives, Isaac, ???, Hush, and Delirium.