(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Mega Man ZX - There Can Be Only One

Post by Kilgamayan »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago
More like
At least she has a sword!
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Even though you figured it out, for anyone else, from the emulation wiki:
GBA/DS Connectivity wrote: Inserting GBA cartridges in Slot-2 of the Nintendo DS while a game is running can unlock various gameplay features in some DS games. It's unknown if NO$GBA supports this, but it can be done in DeSmuME by going to Config > Slot 2 (GBA Slot) and selecting GBA Cartridge. Select the GBA ROM file, and make sure its .sav file is in the same folder. You may need to reset the game for it to take effect. However, DeSmuME does not support features like the solar sensor from GBA Boktai cartridges used in Boktai DS (Lunar Knight).
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

hey there raocow this is literally everyone ever screaming directly at our monitors in your general direction

There's a fountain in area c with a girl nearby. It is highly recommended that you speak to her as she might have something interesting to say. It won't affect how you play, but you might have a chuckle at what she says.

nebermind :catplanet: :catplanet: :catplanet: :catplanet: :catplanet:
Last edited by Truhan 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

*dies like 11 times*

*uses 2 full subtanks, a piece of bread, and an E tank*

"So...second form?"

lmao

Incidentally, remember when you said Omega was way too easy in Zero 3?

Also, gif of the coolest move in the universe, because, man
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

ranbu is honestly such a funny move. good work getting here on hard mode, your reward is you can just get combo'd to death from full health
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That seven-hit combo is ridiculous. Once you're caught in it, it's going to hit you for a ton. Then again, he is an extra boss, so it's kind of expected that the whole thing would be like that. I do like how you don't get a free teleporter at the end because those disappearing blocks are set up in kind of a neat way. You really have to earn what you get there!

Only thing I don't get is why this wasn't Area O for Omega and all and the previous level you did be Area N.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago Only thing I don't get is why this wasn't Area O for Omega and all and the previous level you did be Area N.
Area M and N are more or less the same place, so it must be named like that because it's

Area MegameN

Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Man, nothing to kill the climax of beating a super tough boss like making the player game over on unpredictable right-to-left platforming, forcing them to fight the boss a few more times until they can do the platforming properly.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Nope, that's all there was in the extra rooms, just fisticuffs.

You are correct that all 8 of the memory bosses and Omega will treat you as if you were A/S Rank(for Z3) and worst weather(for Z4) no matter what, and thus have access to all their EX Skills. So it's an extra bonus bonus to those who had the games but were never good enough for the bosses to actually go all out on them.

Poor Sol Titanion got nerfed because Capcom didn't want to reprogram in the heat meter.

The writing on each of the rooms' backgrounds say "Z III" and "Z IIII" respectively. I wonder what that means and if it has something to do with "STARTREKV".
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

For what's repeat content in a way, this was the best I've seen in a long time. It looks very satisfying to unload ZX abilities on these old bosses.

If you're looking for a quick way to fill up your sub tanks, look for the very large health pellets that fully restore a given health bar. There should be some in Area C. (And is there anything else that he should pick up that he didn't yet?)
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

"I'm sad that that worked, why did that work"
having waaaay more health than you could at that point in z3 probably helped :P

I wish foxtar was one of the ones they included, but honestly it would be ridiculous to complain about getting this degree of unneeded mmz fanservice in the first place.

e: what on earth, fenrir lunedge didn't use his EX skill once... again. just like during z4. you are destined not to see his cool big ice blades move :ehh:
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

as mentioned in the yt comments, reminder you haven't did the arcade yet.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

How to get a game in the GBA slot recognized on a DS emulator:
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

wrong game
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

It's the only GBA Zero I have

A demo, if you will
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

This is really stupid and pointless but for the sake of curiosity and completion I am going to do it anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ImageSecret Biometal - Model ΩXImage

The crystallization of knowledge of the original intent and fate of Zero, encased in a rock. The power emanating from this stone would make even the gods kneel.

All of Model ΩX's regular moves are almost exactly the same as MMZ Zero's, including having the original charged saber attack range back. The only sole difference is that his full-charge buster is a glowing white burst shot that doesn't split like the ZX Buster.

Overdrive System

The real power of Model ΩX resides in the Overdrive system. If you notice, this form has no weapon energy meter, because it has infinite energy. This allows a very wide range of EX Skills to be performed, but you can no longer perform attacks while moving because of the sheer power being used. (Example: walking or dash slashes.)

Ryuenjin Ω [Up+ΩX Saber] - Rising flame saber attack. Can combo after the triple slash. Does Fire damage.

Ice Slasher Ω [ΩX Saber while in air] - Perform a spinning slash and send out freezing waves all over the screen. The waves do Ice damage, but the rolling attack performed by this maneuver does not actually multihit like the base rolling attack.

Kougenjin Ω [Down+ΩX Saber while grounded] - Throws out a Thunder-element saber wave that travels very fast along the ground.

ΩX Buster ++ - Raises the charge level of all ΩX Buster shots by one tier. Lemons become mid charge shots, mid charge shots become full charge shots, and full-charge lets you do a Double Charge Shot like Model X. The shots combo just like Model X's, and you can even combo Kougenjin Ω after it to use Zero's original 3-hit combo!

Earth Gaizer Ω [Hold Down, then use ΩX Buster while grounded] - Smash the ground and send several rocks flying everywhere. I believe the rocks can combo, but it's not very easy to use it like that. No element.

Rakuhouha Ω [With a mid ΩX Buster charge: Hold Down, then release charge while grounded] - Smash the ground and send a fan of several powerful energy bolts flying outward. No element.

Rekkoha Ω [With a full ΩX Buster charge: Hold Down, then release charge while grounded] - Smash the ground and call forth several columns of light to burn away all enemies on screen. There is no escape. No element.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

This game sure has a lot of stuff; I've been having to read online FAQs to see what side quests and items I'm missing.

It seems that the reward you were looking for at the start of the video is here (correct me if this isn't the one):

Gives you the Frog Chip, which slows your slide down walls.
The arcade games are kind of frustrating, at least the ones I unlocked so far (3 and 4). And a guide I read says you need to

beat the high score for 3 to unlock 2...

ughh. The guide said

beat the game to unlock 1

Oh and that picture of Melody I posted earlier, Aile doesn't actually say that there, it's just a joke I made after you finally talked to her in episode 554.
Last edited by ano0maly 5 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Be sure to pick a boy named Grey next time just for tiny continuity's sake. It's a small thing ultimately.

ZX is great, and it along with Star Force might have been one of my big gates into stuff like fanfiction and making OCs back then.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i'm sorry rao but i burst out laughing when you went back to get the life again and instead dashed right into the spikes
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

And so, raocow has defeated The Colony Model W.

MAVERICK FACTS! SERPENT!
Serpent (セルパン Serupan) was the Model W Mega Man and the president of Slither Inc., a company which specializes in the excavation of ancient technology such as Biometals.

Serpent is a large, muscular male Reploid. He has fair skin, violet eyes and hair, with a long spiked forelock. His face is distinguishable by the wide squared chin and slightly pronounced cheekbones. His outfit resembles an armored business suit, made of a long green jacket decorated with golden trim, blue gems and metallic shoulder plates, complemented by a violet cravat. His legs are covered in thick black armor, with golden plates around the ankles and white for the feet.

At some point in the past, Serpent survived a Maverick raid and joined the Guardians. He was a member of the recon unit led by the first commander that discovered and researched Biometal Model W. However, Serpent became obsessed with Model W and it eventually drove him to madness, causing him to annihilate the entire unit to claim Model W (although the commander managed to escape and seal the main Model W core in Area M).

With the seal on the Model W core in place, Serpent suddenly regained control over himself. Unwilling to go back and face his comrades in the Guardians, he erased most records of his past. Now on his own, Serpent used some ancient technology he'd excavated to found Slither Inc. He then brought the company national acclaim when he used it to solve an energy crisis. For a time, he managed to resist the allure of Model W, and worked to make amends for his past crimes. However, this attempt came to an abrupt end once he was approached by Prometheus and Pandora. They informed him about the Game of Destiny and the true power of Model W. Being in such close contact to other Model W users, Serpent lost his mind, and began to plan out Project Haven, staging Maverick raids throughout the years to gather the Cyber-elves of the terrified victims to feed Model W. While searching for the Model W core, he comes into possession of Model H, Model F, Model L and Model P, employing them in the creation of Pseudoroids to further his plans.

Attacks:

Serpent uses a fragment of Biometal Model W to Megamerge. This form has orange horns emerged from the shoulders, feet and head, the whole body is covered with a black/white armor with yellow lines run across. This form was also used when he attacked the Guardian recon unit long ago in his attempt to steal Model W. His arsenal is mostly physical attacks, buster shots, deflectable charge shots, and an Overdrive that increases his speed:

V Buster Shot: Serpent fires five energy bullets from his fingertips simultaneously in a "V" shape. He can do it in the ground and in the air.
Sliding: Serpent slides across the floor with his foot forward.
Strike Upper: Serpent kicks upwards, jumping high enough to reach the top of the screen.
Charge V Buster Shot: Serpent charges a concentrated energy sphere with his fingertips and fire it towards the player. If the sphere takes enough hits, its polarity reverses and damages Serpent instead.
Overdrive Invoke System: Creates a resonating aura that increase the power, velocity and accuracy of his attacks. In Hard Mode, this can be used whenever he likes, making Serpent an incredibly dangerous foe.
Quick Counter: Serpent will dodge one of the player's attacks, then will vanish. After a second, he will appear on the top of the screen and drops on the player with his foot charged with energy; impact causes energy sparks to fly across the field.

Ultimate Form

Serpent fuses his body with the awakened Model W core. As he takes damage, his body continues to transform, changing his weak point and giving him new attacks. Initially, Serpent's head is vulnerable, and he has three attacks:

Chaos Meteor: The orange horns on Serpent's head and shoulders fire beams at the top of the screen; a moment later, four blazing rocks fall across the field. The meteors set parts of the ground on fire and leave eight small fireballs in their wake, which slowly home on the player.
Crystal Break: Serpent's hands fire purple lasers straight below themselves, producing clusters of purple crystals on both corners of the battleground. The boss uses his claws to shatter the clusters in an attempt to hit the player with the shards.
Atomic Pulses: Serpent spits green energy balls at the player, which split into two diagonal beams on contact with the floor. If struck in the air, the balls will split into four diagonal beams.

Console Phase

After losing his first bar of health, Serpent gains a green, eye-like projector on each shoulder, and his upper body rises upward to expose an opening in the middle of his body. His shoulders are vulnerable to attack and he loses his Crystal Break, but he gains three new moves to use against the player:

Dark Vortex: A purple vortex forms in the opening below Serpent's chest, which draws the player towards it.
Dark Debris: After the previous attack, Serpent fires several small purple particles in a random pattern from his stomach. The particles temporarily slow down the player on contact.
Tractor Shots: Serpent's shoulder projectors shoot two cursors that follow the player. If the player is hit, their HP will be drained and absorbed into Serpent's HP bar.

Redeemer Phase

Once reduced to his final health bar, Serpent deploys a set of large, free-floating hands and rises even further from the ground to expose a red and purple lower body. The panels on the front of his lower body reconfigure into a giant face, and the golden armor on its "forehead" retracts to expose a green crystal. Said crystal is Serpent's new weak point, but armor will periodically cover it for brief periods of time.

Although Serpent abandons his Chaos Meteors and Atomic Pulses in his third phase, he retains all of the attacks introduced in his second phase, which are more accurate due to his height increase. His new hands restrict the player's movement to the middle of the battlefield and inflict damage on contact. Serpent's final phase also gains two dangerous new attacks:

Light Barrage: Serpent's fingertips and green helmet horn fire a series of green energy circles aimed at the center of the field. He will usually fire two or three waves of circles.
Crystal Crush: Serpent's second set of hands fire purple beams into the center of the screen, creating a spherical mass of crystals. The hands proceed to smash the crystal between themselves, sending multiple shards flying across the room. To complete the attack, the clasped hands slam into the ground before separating and returning to the sides of the screen.

Trivia
Serpent is a word of Latin origin that is commonly used in a specifically mythical or religious context, signifying a snake that is to be regarded not as a mundane natural phenomenon nor as an object of scientific zoology, but as the bearer of some symbolic value. Serpents are also connected with renewal or regeneration.
Serpent's Redeemer Phase greatly resembles the Colony Devil Gundam, the main antagonist of the 1994 anime Mobile Fighter G Gundam, possessing similar properties and appearance.
Super Llama
Love is stored in the robot

Post by Super Llama »

Fun fact: Serpent's "Evolution requires sacrifice" line is Sigma's mantra after Maverick Hunter X (he even says it word for word in the Day of Sigma OVA,) when his goals shifted from just wanting to kill all humans to wanting to force technological progress and evolution among reploids at any cost. It's probably a cue that Serpent had basically become Sigma 2.0.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

freshtalk wrote: 5 years ago Be sure to pick a boy named Grey next time just for tiny continuity's sake. It's a small thing ultimately.
Counterpoint: Pick Ashe because being able to play as women in MegaMan games is excellent
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You really cut that close, but good on you for getting it done without needing to restart. I'm not sure if I should laugh or shake my head at your insistence on using tanks before you know all the boss attacks, but you learned fast enough here that it wound up being worth it. You absolutely destroyed that second phase in the rematch. Good work. Now let's get on to what I think is the superior sequel.

As for who to pick, go for whoever. Just like the first game, there's not too many differences other than

the intro stage and I think one side quest

. That's a small couple of spoilers, but still spoilers.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I almost thought raocow had cut straight to a later attempt on the winning run to keep the video size down, just because of how much better he immediately got at dodging everything.

So Warmaster must have been one of the chosen Mega Men who assembled the various biometals. And I guess Jerry and Claire were probably using biometals patterned after the heroes of other games. Makes sense. It's a good thing raocow ended up playing the ZX games since they seem to be an important bridge connecting the Mega Man and Distorted Travesty series.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I agree with your assessment that the level design just isn't all there, raocow. Most of the areas are just corridors with some flavor of enemy in the way, sometimes there's stage hazards, but never anything really special. The Zero series is way better at having varied, interesting levels with challenging and inventive enemy placement, and that's why I prefer it.

Also, I dislike having weapon energy be a thing again.

What I do like is how useful all of the forms are and how easy it is to switch to them. It's great that you discovered for example that PX has its merits even though it's not the most mobile, the most damaging or the weakness of anything - they really nailed the balance there.

Of note for the final video itself: I think it's bullshit that after decades of establishing the convention, suddenly we're back to Mega Man 1 where refights don't give you health back. It's "balanced" by the fact that bosses can die really quickly if you use their weakness and hit the weakpoints, but come on. That's just rude and unneccessary.

Leganchor kept hitting you because the spikes on his side are always active as icy spears, not only when he shoots them out. Your cheese run had you be exactly in the middle, so none of them ever came close to touching you.

Your first time dodging the final phase's shots entirely on instinct and reaction was absolutely amazing. And not getting hit that round cinched the victory. Congrats!

As has been noted many times, the map system turned out to be entirely pointless; I think looking up what connects to where was a great decision, because otherwise it might have quickly transformed from "useless filler" to "half-hour nightmare of wandering around an empty world looking for just the right door". ZXA is way better about that, so look forward to that! (it's still kinda bad tho)