(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by ano0maly »

or check your post after typing
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

(I actually mistyped the second one on purpose because it's just an example and I figured people wouldn't click on it after the first one just said "blah blah blah".

I make plenty of typos, but I also reread and edit my posts compulsively.)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I wonder what's bumping La-Mulana.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I wonder what's bumping La-Mulana.
Whatever was raocow's friend's or friend's suggestion if I had to guess.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

man i was excited for la la la cucaracha
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

It was discussed in the patapon spotzone, and i think most agreed the lp should be split up in some sort of fashion (like how raocow said after RKF he'd return later and play the other character rather than do it back to back).
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I wonder what's bumping La-Mulana.
Turns out it's Copy Kitty again.

Personal pass.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

yeah i had my fill of this game 7 years ago personally but w/e i know raowow likes it
hopefully it'll be a short one? :/
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

the game's significantly better than before, for the record. it's probably gonna be long.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Hang on. Is he boosting up the final release or is he playing another custom level pack?

Because he really should not be boosting up the final release. Like really, there's no reason for an arbitrary boost all of a sudden.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

he's not doing the whole thing right now, he's doing hard mode at the original intended time (which I disagree with, I think he should do both boki normal and hard now and savant normal and hard at that time)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That's still "the game" though.

Like if it was someone's level pack again I would understand that someone would request him to insert a short playthrough for it, but I don't see why the actual game needs a boost.

Like I feel it's too late to voice this now since the LP has already started. But I think this is setting a bad precedent if a game is boosted solely due to request, since it won't stop other games from getting the same kind requests.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

that's too much video for something I'm boosting in front when there's a lot of games different people are waiting for.

Also it's not just 'a request'. It's complicated, and I won't get into it.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago Hang on. Is he boosting up the final release or is he playing another custom level pack?

Because he really should not be boosting up the final release. Like really, there's no reason for an arbitrary boost all of a sudden.
There are reasons for this that have been talked about in the patapon spotzone, and i think most (if not all) agreed. Also, a few of us have been saying the LP should be split up into multiple gothroughs rather than all in one (like what he said in RKF, where he promised to play as the other character, but didn't want to do it right afterwards) anyway.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Raibys
a Silly
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Raibys »

Gosh I can hardly contain my excitement, this hit me out of nowhere!

There's a lot of really cool stuff in store for you and anyone else who hasn't played this version...CK came a long long way in the 7 years we worked on it, and the fact that you liked it so much even in its rougher forms has always been super flattering. Now the game's finally finished and we're soooo excited to see you play it in its finalized form! >//w//<;
:trans_pride: :pan_pride: :sanaeko:
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Now that it's finished and (presumably) Youtube can handle the backgrounds without giving me a headache, I'm down to watch this time.
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

O god, the DKC lp is steadily approaching... The most hyped let's play for me is finally coming :demo:
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

You guys should really trust raocow's decisions more rather than policing what precedents his actions set based on no information about the actual circumstances. I get the value of criticism but it's not yalls LPs, he can make his own decisions.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

not sure why anyone would complain, it's already the final video
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

LatexHydra wrote: 5 years ago O god, the DKC lp is steadily approaching... The most hyped let's play for me is finally coming :demo:
Boy, you said it! We'll still have to wait for DK64, though.
Oui oui. Je suis très jambon.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I have a large sense of existential dread that raoguy will make sufficiently many mistakes playing through DKC1, including messing up

the lone attempt the player gets at 101%

, and people will turn on it and saying that it was never a good game and we just remember it fondly because of nostalgia goggles or some such.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

DKC1 isn't that good.

DKC2 on the other hand...
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Kilgamayan wrote: people will turn on it and saying that it was never a good game and we just remember it fondly because of nostalgia goggles or some such.
This is exactly what people do with Sonic 1-3&K and Adventure and it pisses me off every time. Sonic 1-3&K are meant to be arcade-like experiences meant to be replayed over and over again, improving your skills bit by bit each time. You're not meant to fly through the stages instantly like with SMB3 or SMW. Sonic 3&K was the one closest to a traditional console game with its longer, more complex stages and focus on plot.

Adventure in the meanwhile is a highly ambitious game made in the middle of the 5th generation, intended to showcase the power of the Dreamcast hardware and be a tease of the 6th generation to come, and lastly, had a series of development reboots due to consoles and dev time. And it was a launch title, at that.

You're not gonna walk up to Romancing SaGa on the SNES and lambast it for not being as good as Final Fantasy IV when it's trying to be a far more ambitious, far more complex, far less traditional game with the development time of your average 4th gen title. There are simply too many variables.

The PS2/GC/XBOX games, 06 and the night stages in Unleashed still suck big dong, but I digress.

DKC1 is pretty "eh" but it's not a bad game at all, it is an excellent showpiece of the SNES' graphical and audio power and an excellent showcase of Rare's steadily growing (at the time) level design skills. DKC2 and DKC3 are the Big Boys though, even with DKC3's carol-esque qualities and Kiddy Kong dragging it down slightly.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Hey, y'all were supposed to wait until the LP actually started before dunking DKC1 into the garbage can :V

I was honestly thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to continuing that post with "and then the cycle will repeat with DKC2" but I figured it would be better to wait until DKC1 was over, at least. Do be prepared for people to shit on that game too, though.

Hot take: I only ever played DKC2 once and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was my least favorite of the three. I honestly don't even remember if I beat it.

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago Hey, y'all were supposed to wait until the LP actually started before dunking DKC1 into the garbage can :V

I was honestly thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to continuing that post with "and then the cycle will repeat with DKC2" but I figured it would be better to wait until DKC1 was over, at least. Do be prepared for people to shit on that game too, though.
I feel like treating a game as though it's a blight on this earth or attacking its creator(s) for daring to make a game that's not very good is rather childish and embarrassing. You can just say "wow i dont like this game" without outright dunking on a game. I hope the raocow fandom is above that, at least the non-reactionary, talkhaus portion.

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago

Hot take: I only ever played DKC2 once and was thoroughly unimpressed. It was my least favorite of the three. I honestly don't even remember if I beat it.

binch thats valid
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*