(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean
Yep.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Bean »

I've played a bit of that Tako one. It's really interesting with the hat system, but I haven't been able to play much of it lately.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Been playing adventure of Super Smash Bro. Ultimate, and one word of advice: check your opponents power level before you fight. Fighting an opponent with around 9000 power level with a 2000 one, even with color advantage, is not a good experience when going in blind.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

My copy of Smash doesn't come in until Tuesday at the earliest :/ It hasn't even shipped out yet and it's literally shipping from the other side of the country for reasons I cannot even begin to fathom (it's coming from a NJ warehouse when Cali is literally right next to me? REALLY?). Trying to keep myself clean from spoilers will be a difficulty. Already bought the fighter pass, just need my cart. I also don't know if I'll be getting pirahna plant. I preordered, but because my preorder got delayed I got a bad feeling that they just won't let me have it.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

jayScribble wrote: 5 years ago Been playing adventure of Super Smash Bro. Ultimate, and one word of advice: check your opponents power level before you fight. Fighting an opponent with around 9000 power level with a 2000 one, even with color advantage, is not a good experience when going in blind.
I've noticed. That board must be way larger than I think, too, because I've barely unlocked anyone so far. Ha-ha. Then again, the majority of my time has been playing multiplayer stuff so far.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I'm having such a blast with ultimate, and going into World of Light completely blind was definitely a good thing, as there's so much stuff to uncover here!

Also classic mode, it's so good in this mode, like holy crap. Especially the endings, they're all great!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Mega Man & Isabelle unlocked now in Smash Ultimate. That's cool!

Unlock order spoiler:

Also, I like how Classic Mode's unlock order makes sense. While Pikachu unlocking Shulk doesn't off the top of my head, Shulk unlocks R.O.B., that robot unlocks Mega Man, and then Mega unlocks "not Rush" in Isabelle.

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I made a seperate Smash Bros. topic, since I know a lot of us are going to talk a lot about this game.

So, in World of light, which direction did you initially pick? I went West, with Marth.

I looked up on Gamefaqs how the unlock the characters, and there are 3 general methods. Nothing character specific this time:
-World of Light: Unlocking a character here unlocks him/her in the main game, like Subspace Emissary did. Unlike Brawl, you won't miss out on the Challenger Approaching fight.
-Normal play time: This does not mean 'play X number of matches', like the previous games, but actual play time, in all modes, including Spirits and Online. But sitting idle in a match doesn't count.
-Classic Mode:

Each time you beat this mode. As for who, the cast is divided into 8 groups, and each group is assigned to each of the original 8 fighters. Characters within a group are unlocked in a specific order, so Mario will always unlock X 1st. and DK's first character is someone else. If you finish a group, you move on to the group assigned to the OG member with the lowest ID # (Mario is 1, DK is 2, ect).

This means fighters in Pikachu's group will typically be the last one you unlock, unless you seek ou him 1st.

ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Just realized I never mentioned that I got back into The Kingdom of Loathing after a number of years.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yeah, I like this story mode in Smash Ultimate. It's different than what I thought it would be, but it works.

It's basically hundreds of Event Matches, and since this game has so many fighters and items, that gives it the variety it needs. Wish this were multiplayer like Classic Mode, and that's really my biggest nitpick with the game in general. Outside of that, I'm having a blast.

Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Merry Smashmas, I finally got my copy. I love that it starts with just 8 characters, seriously. I love knowing there's so much to unlock and it gives me goals. I look forward to playing this weekend, even though I have no friends.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

No online for me, so it's either been local multiplayer or going through the single-player mode. Already gushed over that earlier, but this game's the real deal here.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago No online for me, so it's either been local multiplayer or going through the single-player mode. Already gushed over that earlier, but this game's the real deal here.
I have no friends, rip me. Online is complete garbo I've heard, and the game has by far the highest input lag of any Smash title, even if you use a wired Gamecube controller and adapter. Anyways, I'm gonna take my Switch when I go get more work done on my tattoos today, maybe someone at the shop will play with me.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Getting close to the end of Smash Ultimate's Adventure mode now. Pretty cool times and a lot of respect for most of the franchises in this.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I can finally play Monster Hunter World at some something resembling an acceptable framerate. My best friend got a new graphics card to replace his watercooled 980Ti so he traded me that straight across for my 970. Rather than spending most of its time in the 40s with frequent dips into the 20s and occasional hitches into the single digits it now largely keeps in the 40s at minimum with rare dips into the 30s.

This thing runs ridiculously cool too. Granted it's just idling with only Firefox open at the moment. (My 970 idled around 13-23ºC higher than this.) There was an interesting issue that cropped up though. This 980 has five video output ports but for some reason 4/5 are HDMI when two of my monitors are DVI and the other is VGA. Ended up having to run the VGA and one of my DVI monitors off my CPU's integrated graphics instead, which isn't really an issue since the only monitor I use for gaming is the one hooked up to the 980.

Also got Katamari Damacy Reroll the other day which was quite fun, if a bit easier than I remember it being. It's been years since I last played it but I recall the constellation levels being a lot more difficult than I was finding them this time around. Beat the first three or four of them without much issue at all. (Beat them on my first try even.)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Just Smashing it up a bit more before starting up that Spyro remake here or something. Feeling the need to play a 3D platformer again. Why not one I've never gone through before?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And I did start up the first game in the Spyro Reignited Trilogy collection. Good game so far. I'll have to look at the PS1 version sometime to see just how different these two games are, but it plays well, and that's what matters most.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Superb Meat Man is free on epics game's store for like a week or two or whatever.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p ... t-boy/home
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago I have done nothing but play Warframe for 4 weeks.
So I'm still playing Warframe, but it's settled into a daily groove now rather than an obsession.

And with that, I've been able to play some more Mini Metro to the point I feel I'm pretty much done with it - just some of the more anxiety-and-RNG dependent challenges remain.

I also got a handful of presents this Christmas, amongst them...

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which I've been dipping into casually with World of Light and some games against relatives. It's Smash, it's excellent, what more can I say? So obviously what I've really poured my time into these past three days is...

Return of the Obra Dinn. A fascinating and fantastic tale of nautical misadventure, experienced entirely in fatal flashbacks and retro monochrome. It shares more than you might expect with the previous game made by Lucas Pope, Papers, Please - both are about identifying people and their circumstances. But while PP has you quickly scanning people against an increasingly intense border screening process, this is more of a slow-paced whodunnit made of three-dimensional first-person vignettes for a literal boatload of people - you have the Crew and Passenger manifest, some sketches of most everyone aboard, and a pocketwatch that will let you spy on their final moments.

It's a kraken good time.

However, it's also presented stylistically much like Papers, Please, but with even fewer colours - the game lets you choose between Macintosh monochrome, IBM 5151 monochrome, Zenith ZVM 1240 monochrome, Commodore 1084 monochrome, IBM 8503 monochrome, or LCD monochrome. Personally, I get real bad simulation sickness, and this game has been triggering reports of motion sickness all over, but once I switched to Sharp visuals (rather than the default CRT-blur) and LCD, it worked like a charm for me and I happily spent 13 hours identifying all the victims, culprits and those caught in the crossfire. Final opinion? If you like investigative games, it's a must-play.

I'm also the happy recipient of a PS4 with an odd collection of titles - Darksiders 3 ("thanks, mum!..."), Horizon: Zero Dawn (definitely high up the schedule!) and Wipeout Omega Collection (I haven't played a Wipeout game since 2097! I mean 1997!) - and another Switch title, Octopath Traveler (might need to clear some time for that...). And as for PC games... well, looks like I may have to make another backlog attack soon...
Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Went through Spyro 1 in no time at all. Only took a couple days to 100% that one. I think I'll stop there though for now. Only went through it as fast as I did because I had thrown my voice out a bit so I couldn't get behind the mic, wasn't in the mood to start tallying up votes until tomorrow, and the game was fun. That last bit's the most important thing here!
warpio

Post by warpio »

I finished Save Me Mr. Tako, which I've been trying to get done before the new year in order to complete one more Octo-themed game for "The year of the Octoling 2018". First there was the Octo expansion, then Octopath Traveler, and now this.

This game gets insanely hard at the end. At first a lot of the hat powers seem extraneous and not very useful, but in the late-game there are a lot of levels that require the use of a specific hat power, and the fact that you lose your hat in one hit and there's often not an easy way to get it back, it forces you to get really good at the platforming and memorizing specific enemy ambush spots.

I'm really impressed by the story in this, the ending felt super satisfying and overall the pacing of the plot along with the level progression kept things interesting the whole way through.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Been having some fun doing WindWaker Randomizer runs. For my first run, I randomized the items from everything.

After completing one run, I decided to do another adding keys being randomized to the mix and also being swordless. So in other words it's even sillier. Though I have gotten fortunate and found many of the important items at this point, haven't even checked 100 of the nearly 300 possible locations. Stuff like the hammer, bombs, arrows, fire/ice, boomerang.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

sonic forces
it's like dumb, trashy junk food and tbh i'm enjoying it a lot
there's also a lot of replayability for the completionist in me so that's nice
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

So, turns out there's a bug in Rock Maiden where

it won't accept passwords that have Flandre beaten

that was fixed in an update, but I can't get their updater thingy to work :|

thankfully, I found a download of the game that was pre-patched to a version that fixed it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I bought NSMBU Deluxe last night and played the first couple worlds so far. I mainly just got it so I'd finally have some kind of party game on my Switch, cause right now I only have single-player stuff.

It's been decently fun so far, though I really can't understate my disappointment with the new characters. For one thing, Toadette is quite literally -- even labelled in-game -- "easy" mode. She's the only one that gets access to that crown mushroom that makes her into Peach who has kinda broken jumping/hovering abilities, which gives her an advantage over the other characters when character selection should really not be anything other than aesthetic change. I guess they made the girl characters easy mode because it's for girls who, as we all know, cannot play video games.

But then there's Nabbit, and while I wasn't exactly excited to play as this non-character, I was curious and tried him out because the character selection had a big block of text on him labelled "easiest." I played around with him for a bit and was trying to figure out what exactly made him so "easy." He seemed to be able to run faster from what I could tell. And then at some point I accidentally touched a lakitu in the level I was playing and... nothing happened. At first I thought "does lakitu not hurt you in this game?" And then I had a sinking feeling -- Nintendo wouldn't actually do that... would they? So I threw myself into another enemy. Yup. Nabbit cannot be damaged. You just hold right and jump occasionally to beat the level. Then once the level is over, all the powerups you grabbed are converted into 1-ups. Nintendo has come up with yet another amazing and innovative handicap to put in their game.

The worst part about this, is that aside from these handicap modes, there's only 3 other playable characters (Mario, Luigi, and Toad). So if you're playing 4-player, as far as I can tell, one person has to play with a handicap. Toadette is obviously less of a handicap since she mostly plays normally, she just has access to a broken powerup that I'm not sure how is distributed by the game within levels. I looked this up to be sure, and unfortunately I am correct. Even though you can play as blue Toad instead of yellow, they're not separate characters so only one person can be Toad. I seriously can't believe the game was released like this. Nobody thought at any point in production that you might have 4 people and nobody wants to be play in easy mode?
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

So I'm guessing that NSMBU Deluxe doesn't have Blue and Yellow Toads, but just one toad then?
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel