(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man Powered Up - Back to the Beginning

Post by Bean »

What's tough about Fire Man's one attack in hard mode is that rebound. In normal, it just stops at the wall, so the idea is to hop over it as it comes at you and then Fire Man before he shoots you right at point blank range. He also gains the ability to jump and attack on hard, so he's really a boss that got an upgrade over his already to defeat without taking a hit normal self. I should know. This stage was the one that made me take a break when I was doing no-hit runs for a good long while. Definitely got burnt out with having to deal with the end of that basement boiler room and then the boss on top of that.

On the plus side, he still only attacks at certain distances or if you attack him. It's not as easy to pull off as it was in the original game since that range is larger, but you can definitely give yourself some more breathing room by waiting for a moment. Not really applicable on hard though. Rough stage, especially with those bullets that home in on you in this mode. In normal, they'll just sail past although their explosions still hurt you.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago Definitely got burnt out
nyoro~n
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

"It's time to put 2018...on ice" -Doctor Mister Ice Man
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Ice Man taking some cues from Search Man. Guess Dr Light couldn't get funding approval for that second head.

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! ICE MAN

"Um... I didn't quite catch the last part, sir... A good soldier always stays cool in battle!"

Ice Man (アイスマン Aisuman) is a Robot Master created by Dr. Light to perform scientific tasks under extreme climate conditions, and as such he is impervious to chilling sub-zero temperatures. Ice Man is also capable of functioning in hot environments, though being specialized for cold temperatures, it is not without cost. His Special Weapon is the Ice Slasher, a sharp, -200C ice blade launched from his mouth that can freeze anything.

Ice Man was originally created by Dr. Light to scout the continent of Antarctica, but having finished his mission there, Ice Man returned and is now working in a large cold storage warehouse. In order to function in harsh environments and extremely cold temperatures, Ice Man's internal circuits are made up of the smallest components available, allowing for a more compact form and higher efficiency. The only disadvantage of using these smaller components is their hyperconductivity when exposed to cold temperatures, so a strong electrical surge like Elec Man's Thunder Beam will easily incapacitate him. Outside of cold temperatures, they also gain a weakness to strong shockwaves, so a weapon like Hyper Bomb can easily scramble them. Despite his small stature, Ice Man is quite effective in combat.

Has a fanboy in Freeze Man.

Ice Man has been known to show off his freezing powers for crowds of people and can be sometimes very self-centered, but he cares deeply for his friends. As his namesake he loves participating in activities revolving around snow, like snowball fights. Due to the discomfort caused by his adaptations to cold environments, Ice Man has a heavy dislike of hot things, such as sauna baths and especially the Fire Storm.

Ice Man appears to have two personae, referring to himself as a soldier (in the first person) and as a commander (in the third person). He is often scared when others show up, prompting the commander persona to have him attack. Extracanonical materials suggest he is adopting the commander persona as an imaginary friend rather than a dissociative identity.

Like the original game, Ice Man is a boss that attacks with his Ice Slasher, but his pattern is different. He also has an additional attack where he makes ice stalactites fall. In Normal mode this new attack is used when his life is halved, and in Hard he can use it anytime. Ice Man is weak to Hyper Bomb.

As a playable character, Ice Man can use his Ice Slasher to briefly turn his enemies into frozen blocks. He can then use these blocks as an extra foothold to get to places that other characters cannot reach. In addition to this, Ice Man does not slip on the ice blocks in his stage.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

Thinking on Ice man, an electrically vulnerable robot with a super compressor built into his chest, reminds me of a seminar I listened to once.

Lithium Ion batteries are used pretty extensively to power things like your cell phone. But those batteries don't function very well in the cold. At temperatures of -10 Celsius or -20 Celsius they can lose their ability to be efficiently charged and it can be dangerous to do so.

Recharging at low temperatures can contribute to the formation of lithium dendrites, which are microscopic whiskers of lithium that can form in a battery, potentially causing a short. And a short inside a battery can have catastrophic results, Lithium dendrites were the cause of those Samsung Galaxy s7 phones exploding a couple years ago.

Electricity and Ice don't play nice.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Ice Man's both a soldier and a captain. Yeah, they gave him a dual personality deal, both of them being army related for whatever reason. I think it's funny compared to the cutesy Battle Network version.

There's not really much difference to the normal and hard mode fights other than that you only get one ice stalactite in the way on normal. Those never hit at the wall, so you're safe on both edges of the screen. Ice Man does the triple ground shot and skates wherever he wants to on both of those difficulties. Because he doesn't take you out in three hits anymore just like Elec Man, the fight itself is nowhere near as rough to win as it was on the NES.
T-A-C

Post by T-A-C »

Another fun fact: Ice Man's voice actor also voices kid Goku in the non-Funimation English dubs of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT that were used in Canada and the UK.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

amazing video title

NEXT TIME: wily's coney island disco palace
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

In today's episode, raocow finds out just how dangerous running with scissors can be.

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! CUT MAN

"I can't forgive you for what you did to my brothers. It's payback time, and I'm gonna cut you down to size!"

Cut Man (カットマン Kattoman) is a Robot Master created by Dr. Light to be a timber-felling robot.

His Special Weapon is the Rolling Cutter, an extremely sharp circular pair of scissor-like blades that can be thrown like boomerangs to attack from a distance. They are made of highly durable "ceramic titanium", or Ceratanium, allowing them to slice through most materials effectively. Cut Man was designed with a lightweight chassis that grants him fast and agile movement, even in strong rain and wind, as well as the ability to jump off vertical surfaces to reach great heights.

Cut Man has been known to be highly aware of his surroundings and is very cunning. He is also very stubborn and has a tendency to not listen to others. He likes dogs and haircuts, and is extremely bad at the game rock-paper-scissors as he hates the very concept of rock.

Cut Man has the personality of a kind-hearted, yet naive child, seen showing reluctance to fight and instead trying to convince his brothers to come back with him through words. He is also quite gullible, and is somewhat formal as he addresses other robots as "Mr." or "Ms.". Similarly, the reason why he fought Mega Man in the main game is because, in addition to being reprogrammed, he was led to believe by Wily that Mega Man had indeed turned to evil.

As a boss, Cut Man fights in a similar way to the first game, but he also has an additional attack where his Rolling Cutter grows to cover a wider area. This new attack is only used when he loses half of his energy in Normal difficult, and he can use it anytime in Hard.

As a playable character, Cut Man can throw two Rolling Cutters at a same time (whilst Mega Man can only throw one), and he has the additional ability to wall-jump against any vertical surface (except ice, which causes him to slip), in order to reach high places.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

cut
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago Ice Man's both a soldier and a captain. Yeah, they gave him a dual personality deal, both of them being army related for whatever reason. I think it's funny compared to the cutesy Battle Network version.
What really stuck in my memory strangely, is that the makers of that live-action Mega Man fan-film used that quirk for their own Ice Man.

I actually like all of the personalities given to the Robot Masters in this game, except for maybe Time Man who is a little too dull in comparison. I'd have preferred if he was a really big stickler for being on time to the point of often greatly worrying about running late.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

freshtalk wrote: 5 years agoI'd have preferred if he was a really big stickler for being on time to the point of often greatly worrying about running late.
But if he can control time, why would he need to worry about being late? It'd just be that much easier for him to always be on time.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

merry bumo to all, and to all bumomo
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

That wasn't actually YD's weakness for this game... nyoro~n
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

His weakness is Fire Storm, unless you're playing Old Style mode.

Of course, the fight still takes way too long even if you use it.

Then there's Easy Mode where he doesn't shift sides at all and is utterly pathetic.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

delightfully devilish, seymour
mPGLj5a.jpg
mPGLj5a.jpg (26.54 KiB) Viewed 3095 times

the devil bosses have never ever been good or fun and i hate that they are a series staple

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Yellow Devil is almost cute.
Alice wrote: 5 years ago But if he can control time, why would he need to worry about being late? It'd just be that much easier for him to always be on time.
I set many alarms each day and still worry about being late, so not necessarily! If anything, his power over time could make him obsess over it more.
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Welp, since YELLOW DEVIL doesn't really have any facts about him...I'll post up some FORTRESS DIALOGUE!

[CUTMAN VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

YELLOW DEVIL: Bumo... Bumomomo! Bumomo bumomomomo bumo!

CUTMAN: ...Huh?... Uh, um... Bumomooo bumoooo bumomomoooo...?

YELLOW DEVIL: Bu, bumoooo?! Bu, bumomomomo?! Bumomomoooo!!

[GUTSMAN VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

GUTSMAN: You got a nice frame on you! But you won't win if we start matchin' muscles, pound for pound!

[ICEMAN VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

ICEMAN: Hmm, hmm, I see...but I also have my own mission. I can not allow you to derail me.

[BOMBMAN VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

BOMBMAN: Bumo, bumo--that's all you can say?! Speak in a language I can understand!

[FIREMAN VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

FIREMAN: You're a big fella, ain't ya?! But it don't matter! My flames will engulf you! Fiiiire!!

[ELECMAN VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

ELECMAN: I'm sorry, but I'm in a hurry. We'll have to finish this in a flash.

[TIMEMAN VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

TIMEMAN: I understand. I will stop everything...for eternity.

[OILMAN VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

OILMAN: Bumo bumo bumo! Aha ha ha!

*SUPER SECRET DIALOGUE*
[??? VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

???: What?! You think that because I'm a girl, you can defeat me?! How rude!

[??? VS. YELLOW DEVIL]

???: When you attack me, watch out for my unstable nuclear core...One big shock and we're both vapor, I'd say.

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Wtf are Ice Man and Time Man's dialogues implying, woah
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Presumably Yellow's dialogue amounts to "My mission is to stop you!" which both Ice and Time can understand and interpret differently.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yeah, this Devil is tedious more than anything. That ground laser that rises up is by far its worst attack here, although I do like that they slowed the blob dodging down even if you now get less room to actually dodge them coming at you. Also makes things worse when you don't know its weakness is now Fire Storm in MMPU.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

freshtalk wrote: 5 years ago I set many alarms each day and still worry about being late, so not necessarily! If anything, his power over time could make him obsess over it more.
It's actually sort of the opposite. His IMPERFECT ability to control time makes him more obsessed. Since he can never actually completely halt or reverse the flow of time like say, Flash Man, he has a super inferiority complex that he attempts to cover up by trying to be perfect in every other way.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

woah this thing is actually official
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Dr wily is so good at robotics he can take a Brita water filter and turn it into a guard drone.

FORTRESS DIALOGUE CWU-01P

[CUTMAN VS. CWU-01P]

CWU-01P: Intruders...bad...E-li-mi-nate intruders...

CUTMAN: I only want to pass through. I don't really wanna fight, so move!!

CWU-01P: Negative. Must...eliminate. Eliminate. Eliminate...

[GUTSMAN VS. CWU-01P]

GUTSMAN: No entry? How about if I just bust on through?

CWU-01P: Request...denied. Must...eliminate.

[ICEMAN VS. CWU-01P]

ICEMAN: You don't make any sense!

CWU-01P: Must eliminate...eliminate...

[BOMBMAN VS. CWU-01P]

BOMBMAN: I just wanna set things right. You gonna get in my way?

[FIREMAN VS. CWU-01P]

FIREMAN: An underwater battle, huh? Yeah, I'm in a pinch now!! But! My spirit of righteousness will burn even hotter, yeah!

CWU-01P: Eliminate...eliminate...eliminate...

[ELECMAN VS. CWU-01P]

ELECMAN: Do your worst, but I find it hard to believe that such a low-voltage robot like you can defeat me.

[TIMEMAN VS. CWU-01P]

TIMEMAN: Disappear, you out-dated model...

[OILMAN VS. CWU-01P]

OILMAN: Haven't you ever heard that oil and water don't mix?! Yeah, you heard me, I'm tellin' you "no," so you better be lettin' me through!

CWU-01P: Negative. Must...elminate. Eliminate. Eliminate...

SUPER SECRET CHARACTERS AHEAD
[??? VS. CWU-01P]

???: I'm not a pollutant! I'm always clean and tidy!

CWU-01P: Must...eliminate. Eliminate...

[??? VS. CWU-01P]

???: Robots are machines that follow orders. I'm a machine that doesn't, so what does that make me?

CWU-01P: Must...eliminate. Eliminate.