(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Re: Mega Man Powered Up - Back to the Beginning

Post by Zummorr »

So what are the rules for All The Megamans? Since all that was eeked out today was "They are specific."
The ones I know.
1.) Megaman Games will be played in Chronological Order of release date, only Capcom licensed 2-D Megaman games will be played, Spinoffs that are RPGs, racing games, or football, will not be played. Megaman X7 despite being painfully 3D will be played.
2.) Re-releases on different consoles will not be played. except for the Wily Wars's Tower Content. and GBA MM&B
3.) One new level per day, with 1-2 episodes of cleanup between the 8 bosses and fortress stage. Except for the Power Fighters
4.) Clean-up episodes will consist of getting all the remaining collectible power-ups from previously cleared stages
5.) Bosses will be fought reverse order. Except when there is no order, or it's not known, then they are just picked by funniest face Or Clockwise
6.) Robot Masters will be buster dueled the first time or fought without their weakness usually(?). And the half-charged shots will be used constantly, much to audience chagrin
7.) If a character choice is available Megaman/X will be played by default Except for MMX4 as Zero and MM&B as Bass
8.) Cyber-Elves won't be sacrificed, as it wouldn't fit Zero's Character.
9.) E-tanks will be guzzled with reckless abandon.
10.) Voice Acting will be snickered at.
11.) "The Jump didn't jump!"

Any other rules I'm forgetting?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

While they travel in their semi-random patterns in both normal and hard, the Footholders in Powered Up can only shoot on hard mode. There are also checkpoints before each set of them on non-hard difficulty settings! It's also totally not worth fighting Big Eyes on this difficulty setting since they're so fast with their hops. Glad you had enough health left to tank the one before the shutter.

Elec Man's my favorite bot for how fabulous he sounds in this game, so that's a great end to the birthday here even if I didn't get to watch it until now. Thanks for totally intentionally setting it up that way, and tomorrow's level should also be interesting since it's one of the two completely new level themes in the game.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

lifeblood man whose personality is puns

perfect
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Oil Man is possibly the hardest of the 8, with his fight having the possibility to stun you into eating his extremely hard-hitting slide attack. You were maybe 3 frames away from dying before he did.

Weapons Obtained: New Generation

Oil Slider

A strange weapon that fires a blob of oil. You can only have one oil blob/puddle on the screen at a time, so if you miss your shot it's the worst weapon ever.

Running into the puddle will make Megaman slide and pick up speed. At high enough speeds, the momentum is enough to crash through enemies.

Dismount the Oil Slider by Pressing Up + Jump like dismounting a Yoshi. Coincidentally, you may do this after jumping in the air to double jump exactly like a Yoshi Jump.

Lastly, oil floats in water, so you may continue powering through water on an Oil Slider, gradually rising to the surface if you go under.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)
Pronouns: she/her

Post by FourteenthOrder »

raocow what are you talking about we totally saw oil man already back in mega man 3 dos
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

Putting a lot of fire enemies in an oil filled stage seems a bit self-destructive, Wily...

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! OIL MAN

"Hey, man! Better watch out, 'cause I'm gonna kick your butt so hard, you'll be smelling the oil from my boots for months!"

Oil Man is a maintenance robot made by Dr. Light that is able to produce a special type of oil from the dispenser on his left arm that can work well with any machinery.

Unlike his polar opposite Time Man, Oil Man has a carefree attitude similar to Bomb Man, has a rather casual way of speaking, and does not really take his battles seriously. He enjoys oil and believes it's the answer to everything, often offering his comrades fill-ups (even if they don't actuially use oil), and spends his free time skateboarding, sometimes using his oil to make a skateboard. This also serves as his special weapon, the Oil Slider.

He also sometimes pretends to be a ninja by hiking his scarf up over his mouth. He tries to act cool while doing this, but the act falls apart the second someone makes fun of him, as he immediately loses composure.

As a boss, Oil Man attacks by jumping into the air and firing three blobs of oil, which can slip up the player if they walk on one. Luckily, the oil can be burned by the Fire Storm, which also defeats him in five hits. His second attack is to use the Oil Slider and slide back and forth similar to Chill Penguin.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I went into this game pretty optimistic but man I'm finding this a tad boring.

For one thing, the tilesets are very ugly, but on top of that I'm finding the level design to be incredibly boring. MM1 didn't have super exciting level design compared to later games either, but you'd think they'd do something a bit more inspired for these remade stages. It doesn't feel like they're exploring new mechanics/gimmicks in any notable way.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Oil Slider is awesome to use as a utility tool to traverse stages quickly once you get the hang of it, especially in levels with water. That's basically its one big use.

Boss is pretty simple, too. Either stand close to him when he starts up the triple oil shot and walk away or do things like how you did it by being on the opposite end and closing in. Only thing is that sometimes his jump will target you while others, he'll walk up and jump over you when he gets close instead. This was the easier of the two new levels. Tomorrow will probably be a little more tricky.
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

the level design is probably boring because it was designed with every character in mind
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

you never finished saying what your plan for the challenges is! argh!
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
freshtalk

Post by freshtalk »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago you never finished saying what your plan for the challenges is! argh!
I think he did, actually. The gist being that he has an idea and we'll have to tune in to see what it is.
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago This was the easier of the two new levels. Tomorrow will probably be a little more tricky.
I actually found Time Man's significantly easier, it was the only one of the eight that I managed to beat on my first try. ^^;
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

It's wild how this is still a thing, even today. There's even an instance of it in the recent Persona spinoff...
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

do you have the time, man?

anyway time man is unfinished in canon and i like to think that the research institute he works for is the same as the one as in ii/world 2
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

That jump on the time bombs with the pendulums always worried me. Since all you can do is jump and shoot, there's not really much way around it except to just go for it.

Weapons Obtained: New Generation

Weiβteufel (White Devil) Time Slow

Consumes a large amount of weapon energy to slow time temporarily. You are still normal speed, but everything else moves about half as fast. You may switch to other weapons while it is active, as you would have no offensive measures while the slowing field is in effect. Sufficiently powerful enemies are outright immune to this effect.
Matt is me
[color=#FFD700]Forum codes don't work here...[/color]

Post by Matt is me »

That clock in the background during the fight was poorly designed and I couldn't stop staring at it. The minute hand only needed to make a half a rotation for the hour hand to move up an hour! I don't mind that it was sped up--I guess time man can do that--but there's simply no mechanical way that clock can work!!
Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

raocow to stop the Oil Slider you have to press up+jump.

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! TIME MAN
"Flashy, but hollow words. Listening to such prattle is truly a waste of time!"

Time Man (タイムマン Taimuman) is a Robot Master created by Dr. Light for use in time travel experiments. However, he is only a prototype robot since Dr. Light's theory had not yet been perfected, and he is consumed by a crippling inferiority complex due to this. As a consequence, he compensates with an irritable attitude - being overbearing, bossy, conceited, and very obsessive over pointless perfection. He is completely obsessed with time and schedules, and he won't put up with any idle or useless activities, taking others to task for their lateness. However, he doesn't show any appreciation for the timeliness of punctual robots such as Ice Man. He is also quite taciturn, mostly due to thinking of talking as a waste of his time.

Wily later perfected Time Man's design with his own robot, Flash Man. While Time Man can only slow time down with his special weapon, Time Slow, Flash Man can freeze it completely with his own special weapon.

As a boss, Time Man can slow time with his Time Slow and attacks with arrow-like projectiles that move straight forward. Like the hands of a clock, his projectiles travel in different speeds depending on their size, the "hour" projectile being slower than the "minute" one. While Time Slow is in effect on Hard difficulty, he will also roll to dodge attacks and counterattack with a clock hand. His weakness is the Thunder Beam, which defeats him in five hits.

As a playable character, his primary attack is shooting twin projectiles shaped like clock hands at angles, one going upwards, one going downwards, making Time Man an awkward character to control attacks. However, this is counterbalanced by his ability to charge his attack; when fully charged, releasing the attack button will make him use Time Slow, which slows down time more than Mega Man's. He is able to charge again to the fullest while time is slowed, but if he releases it during the time, nothing will happen, and he must charge again for when the Time Slow wears off. He is also the only character capable of breaking Time-themed Break Containers.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I hope raocow's plan is to play several at once but upload them all as separate videos
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The thing about Time Man's stage that is kind of annoying is that there aren't any pits in the level. If you fall during your climb up the clock tower, you just fall down to the previous screen. That is very frustrating if it happens on the screen just before the boss since that's a good minute you'll spend retracing your steps.

Time Man always fights the same way and attacks at the same points. Only difference in hard mode is that he'll do that action roll counter if you try to shoot him while Time Slow's going. He's a pretty easy boss overall.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Time Man has been playing Dark Souls, check out those perfectly timed i-frame dodge rolls!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

of course you had to pick that song title
guitar hero flashbacks everywhere gah
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Where's the fire, man?!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Not all fire bosses are so hot-blooded, but the ones that aren't we don't get to see in such flashy context.

Apparently Flame Man is pretty disciplined and has high enough standards that he won't even touch oil below a certain quality if he needs to refill his energy reserves.

Heat Man is supposedly lackadaisical.

but neither of them have THE FLAMES OF JUSTICE!!!!!
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago Heat Man is supposedly lackadaisical.
"supposedly?"

have you ever once seen him not look completely baked?

ba bum tish

Heavy Sigh

Post by Heavy Sigh »

in today's episode, raocow beats up a superhero.

ROBOT MASTER FACTS! FIRE MAN

"Evil! Remember my name, for I am Fire Man! My flame o' justice will have its revenge on you!"

Fire Man (ファイヤーマン Faiyāman) is a Robot Master built by Dr. Light to work in an incinerator at a waste management facility and is able to wield flames that can reach 7000-8000 degrees Celsius, though they require his head torch to be lit to achieve max temperature. He is in charge of the worker robots who take care of simple tasks while he handles the main incineration duties himself. Fire Man can melt or burn through almost anything with his Special Weapon, the Fire Storm, which excellently synergizes both offense and defense.

A hot-blooded and charismatic, albeit short-tempered individual, Fire Man sees himself as something of a superhero, obsessed with fire and the ideals of justice, often referring to himself as the "Flame of Justice". He enjoys camping in the summer, but has a particular dislike for rainy days and the cold, mostly due to his weakness, the Ice Slasher.

As a playable character, He can use his Fire Storm whenever he wants, but if he runs into water, he will lose the ability to launch waves of fire (though he will still be able to summon a fiery sphere around him) until he comes back into contact with lava or fire.

In Normal and Easy mode, Fire Man fights the same as he did in the original game. In hard mode however, he does an extra attack where he jumps and shoots fire mid-air. To dodge it, you can jump over it with a long jump. Also, the fire he sends won't be extinguished once reaching the wall and will return. When you see it wait for Fire Man to shoot fire and jump over both of them. His special attack is that he sends fire on the ground toward you. He uses this attack when his health is down by half in Normal and Easy mode. In Hard mode, he can use this at anytime.