(shouting)

[RKS Freudenstachel] „Gelb schmerzt.“

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Shard1697

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Herrgott-Hölle!“

Post by Shard1697 »

Apparently Sir Kahl is a badass. Perhaps only when not observed.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Shard1697 wrote: 5 years ago Apparently Sir Kahl is a badass. Perhaps only when not observed.

He's Simon Belmont, so, he's pretty much always one

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Alright, this fortress owns. The levels ahead are gonna be amazing.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

I literally burst out laughing at the twist ending of the impromptu musical masterpiece, "We're Friends."
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I fucking love Iris 1 in this game. It takes the two stupidest gimmicks in Mega Man franchise history and combines them into something actually really good and clever to make a level whose quality Capcom themselves would have a hard time approaching. And then there's the boss, which is three times funnier, to the point where you can't even get mad when you get killed by its desperation attack.

A little bit of explanation because this game is apparently not allowed to have any story whatsoever without being ridiculed for it: Pam is/was indeed a Magus the whole time, despite her explicit mission being to seek and destroy all Magi. The thing is that she wasn't told she was a Magus, but (iirc) was instead raised being told that her powers were gifts from God.

It's also worth pointing out at this point that Pam's entire team was:

* A traitor
* An anarchistic non-believer
* A small child
* That same small child's imaginary friend

Truly the greatest strike force the world has ever seen.

The Refraktia Game Over screen is a reference to SD Gundam Gaiden: Lacroan Heroes. Eifer's is indeed a reference to Street Fighter 2 - go home and be a family Magus! - but I've provided it below anyway for better viewing. Here's the Iris 1 screen, from a JP-only game from a franchise that is/was primarily a long-running manga series.

RKS30_EN.png
RKS30_EN.png (304.4 KiB) Viewed 4224 times
RKS31_JP.png
RKS31_JP.png (220.57 KiB) Viewed 4224 times
RKS31_EN.png
RKS31_EN.png (247.45 KiB) Viewed 4224 times
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That screen with the cross tank, it's difficult to stay on the top path the entire way across, due to all the stuff appearing (the Up 'n' Down things jump up precisely to some of the spots you need to stand on). It's easier to just get on a vine platform at the end as it's rising up to the top.

The second room with moving layer makes me feel not wanting to revisit the stage. There's significant danger of getting crushed (I once got hit and the stun/knockback led me to get crushed) or accidentally touching the spikes. Meanwhile, there are those Wall Dryads making green homing projectiles from where you can't easily reach them. That last jump is mean; if you stumble there because you're afraid of the spikes above you, you have to redo most of the room. There's also an

extra life at top-left corner

but it's very risky to get. I got it once by freezing the bats with Eisschwert.

Also I'm wondering if we should just post all the remaining passwords. That way raocow doesn't have to force a game over at the start of each level (at

Iris 4

it's quite tedious to do so). But then again, he might not see the amusing game over screens...
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Der Satan nötigt dich, jeden Morgen deine Zähne zu putzen!“

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Re: today's video title

I know the boss looks a lot like Sigma's final form in MMX1,

but he's really Gamma gameplay-wise.

Chirei

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Der Satan nötigt dich, jeden Morgen deine Zähne zu putzen!“

Post by Chirei »

I don't know what happened, but Demon Zombie Mike didn't use his desperation attack.

A gapless rain of quick lasers falls from the top of the screen, and the only safespot are under the platforms. This is the EX Attack of Velguarder Sigma in MHX that we will not get to see in ATMM because raocow is not playing as X, and it is only available on Hard Mode.

Also, he's a fusion of Velguarder Sigma and Gamma. Kopiekreisel kills him in one hit since it is Top Spin.
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

Per raocow's request, here are the remaining Iris stage passwords:

Iris II -

E5 C1 B4 D6 F4

Iris III -

E5 D2 A3 D6 F4

Iris IV (of course there's a second skull) - E5 C1 A3 D6 F4

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago I don't know what happened, but Demon Zombie Mike didn't use his desperation attack.
The Quick Laser rain replaces his second "spit huge fireballs" attack after going into desperation mode. raocow defeated him before that happened. His first post-desperation "spit huge fireballs" attack simply has more fireballs than usual.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Things raocow missed or didn't catch on today:
  • In the room where you first died, you can attack and destroy the Boobeam Traps, but raocow didn't notice that even after hitting them a few times.
  • "Get there, get there, get there" - actually, you can step forward one platform at a time and stay between the beams.
  • Obviously you're not meant to stay on the two platforms perpetually during the Zeppelin fight; even if you step away from the shock, his other attacks deter you from staying up there. What you're supposed to do is to get on a platform whenever it lowers and attack a bit and then get off, and use other attacks (like Frostklinge) when you're on the floor.
  • Like others said, you missed out on an attack he uses during desperation mode, where he brings forth pink lasers. Can be a rude surprise.

Screenshot of it:
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

If by "rude" you mean "I laughed my head off the first time I saw it" then yes you are exactly correct

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

Tip from my side actually: If you want to do the "No Damage Taken" Achievement then i really recommend Iris I.It's short and very easy to learn once u managed it.
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Voltgloss

Post by Voltgloss »

The mystery ladder before the boss door leads to an extra 1up and Jesus Tank.

I agree wholeheartedly that the swimming momentum/physics/controls feel off and are frustrating. Only example of what I think is poor control in this game. But man, it's really aggravating here.

The "wind" during the Devil's second attack pattern drags you towards the edge of the screen - whichever side you're closer to. It prevents you from standing in the middle of the screen; you're always getting pulled one way or the other. Nevertheless, in my experience this Devil is much easier to beat without getting hit (for which there's an achievement) than the first game's Devil (for which there's also an achievement).
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Du hast eine Menge Leute im Rachen, Luna.“

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Welp.

SK-002 IZN-001: Eifer Skute (/EYE-fer SKOO-teh/)

A mysterious Dark Magus who suffers from chronic hypothermia, seemingly allied with the Schwarzkreuz at first only to betray them at a critical point for the sake of her true master, Iris Zeppelin.

In reality, she's an advanced homunculus created by Iris Zeppelin, using the knowledge she inherited from Rosenkreuz to give limited emotions to her creations by basing them off of actual people. In her case, she inherited Freudia's sorrow and rage (presumably from the witch-burning incident in her youth).

Iris had her act as her personal spy into the affairs of the "Schwarzkreuz" she manipulated into existence, all for the sake of her melodrama fix. With the power of Eiferstachel, she can turn seemingly harmless materials into dangerous weapons.

The reverse is also true--she can liquify herself into the Dark Devil, an incredibly formidable monstrous form reminiscent of the original Deviled Egg but more ferocious.

"Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust."

GOOD POINT: Calm...mostly
BAD POINT: Sharp-tongued
DISLIKES: Freudia

Trivia:
  • She shares Freu's number and Japanese seiyuu, a rather strange

but perfectly reasonable non-

coincidence.
  • She is also the only boss that you meet three times in the whole game.
  • And whatever you do, don't dig too deep into her character designer's work portfolio. That guy once did some stuff that makes WOMI's usual fare tame in comparison!

----

IZN-002: Strudel

An oddball fairy who appeared near the grounds of the late Count's castle one day. While at first it turned out she was a spy into the RKS's affairs on behalf of Iris, her affection for Freu caused her to switch sides after the defeat of the Schwarzkreuz.

In reality, she is another advanced homunculus created by Iris Zeppelin, this time using as a base Freudia's joy, serenity and sisterly love towards her friends (especially Tia). She also inherited Freu's ice powers, meaning

She is capable of creating ice sculptures to assist Freu with difficult-to-traverse areas. Also, when finding the second (of many!) Black Forest Treasures, she can fight more directly alongside Freudia.

"Ruu will do her best!"

GOOD POINT: Carefree
BAD POINT: Lazy without a goal
DISLIKES: Extreme heat

Trivia:
  • During the design phase of the game, Strudel used to have a surname, "Totenkopf," which was a reference to the Jolly Roger. It's unknown why her character designer chose that as a surname, but it was rendered moot when it got cut during development.
  • In addition to being a dessert reference, her first name can also mean "whirlpool" or "vortex" in German.
  • Surprisingly, despite being one of Eifer's weaknesses, Strudel can't seem to bring herself to fight

her Dark Devil form

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (303.99 KiB) Viewed 4031 times
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

oh no! everyone was actually a freudia!!!!

edit: STRUDEL DEATHHEAD is a good name i hope its on her birth certificate
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

This must be the year of cloned/duplicated characters because we are introduced to two more today. Eifer is a particularly tragic one - she was created as the unhappy one, and in her zealous pursuit of the one she was modeled after, she fights Freudia three times and dies in the end.

The outcome for her is brighter in Weißsilber, though: Pamela comes in and sees Freudia fighting Eifer in her Dark Devil form, and Freu withdraws while Pamela faces Eifer, defeating her before she uses up all her power. Eifer retreats but later joins the rest of Schwarzkreuz in greeting Pamela returning from Iris Palace at the end of the game.

The Dark Devil is weak to Eislanze, by the way.

I don't mind the swimming mechanics that much (though the momentum does make it hard to stop), but I'm not a fan of the swimming segments with spike balls. In the room where they're translucent, the spikes suddenly showing up in view can catch you off guard and it might be too late to turn around. At least once you're aware of them, swimming slowly to navigate the spike gauntlet also helps you look out for them ahead of time.

In the screen before the boss doors, I was quite afraid that those ice blocks would land on me as they collapsed. I gradually melted away the ice hill by riding the platform near it and using Flügel to get back (and using Hund/Flügel to go left enough so that the platform reappears).
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Only two things before RKS ends.

1) You don't want to miss the game over screen for the final level. Unfortunately game overing on purpose is pretty slow here.

2) There is a secret at the very, very top of the screen if you can somehow make it up there. I will not say what it is or how you get there. Use your head.
Voltgloss

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Oh Mann!... Ich sollte wirklich dieses Fenster schließen.“

Post by Voltgloss »

It doesn't seem like you can do this, but you can actually stand safely underneath Iris's Machine's first form. Even all the way over to the right, and even when it drops as low as it can go. It can't shoot you there, making the only threat the possibility of being dragged leftwards into its huge beam. Rendering the first phase of the fight trivial if you use a weapon that hits above you.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Oh Mann!... Ich sollte wirklich dieses Fenster schließen.“

Post by ano0maly »

Well, even without that, the first phase of Iris Machine II is even more straightforward than that of Iris Machine I.

Here's the summary of the weaknesses of the 8 bosses for convenience (the weapon, the boss you get it from, and the boss that's weak to it):

Frostklinge (Doris) -> Liebea
Freudenzwinger (Liebea) -> Sichte
Weißteufel (Sichte) -> Grolla
Eisschwert (Grolla) -> Luste
Eislanze (Luste) -> Trauare
Kopiekreisel (Trauare) -> Schwer
Schneekristal (Schwer) -> Zorne
Frostfackel (Zorne) -> Doris

The two phases of Iris Machine II are weak to Freudenzwinger and Frostfackel, respectively.

Also, it's odd that Schneekristal doesn't block Trauare's Klageharnisch.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Whoops, disappeared for a while there! But hey, you correctly guessed on camera that Iris 2 was a SimCity reference (it's apparently the SNES version specifically), so no loss in not updating yesterday, I'd say. Still, I've provided the EN version of that game over screen so people can read it.

Iris 1 was an Oishinbo reference. I've attached Iris 3's ~*~B L A C K H O L E~*~even though there's not much in the way of visually-small details to pick out. I'm also only uploading the JP version, because the only difference between the two is that they changed the font and layout further away from the original source material.

I'm not going to bother with Iris 4 unless we don't actually see it - anyone watching tomorrow's video will know what it's a reference to.

This has been fun for me! Hopefully other people got a kick out of it too.

RKS32_EN.png
RKS32_EN.png (330.28 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
RKS33_JP.png
RKS33_JP.png (296.42 KiB) Viewed 3868 times

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
wyldstrykr

Post by wyldstrykr »

i know the reference of the black hole one!!! its a game called gensokyo no naZo. i think its room 42 or something????? wrong??? :(
churine
Pronouns: she/her

Post by churine »

close enough, it's

Atlantis no Nazo

Atlantis-no-Nazo-J_035.png
Atlantis-no-Nazo-J_035.png (3.66 KiB) Viewed 3809 times
I don't know why I did this
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

You found the biggest powerup in the game, the Max-Up. This is the true power of Rosenkreuz, that far exceeds even the 3-up moon. As it implies, your lives are set to the maximum amount if you get it.

I don't know what causes it, but sometimes there is a version that is Tia's head, but with Iris's face and red eyes. This fake is a Max-Down, setting your lives to 0 instantly.

Also another neat thing that typically goes unnoticed, Freu actually goes into rage mode in the final battle, and her Freudenstachel weapon energy meter turns red. For this battle only, she has infinite Freudenstachel energy.

Spiritia-Iris has most of X's most powerful arm upgrades, featuring the X3 Cross-Charge Shot, X4 Plasma Shot, and X4 Stock Shot. Seraphic Iris 2 also has Dr. Weil's EX Skill, which is that ball that shoots a + and cross of orbs as it travels, but hers is faster and even harder to avoid.

I have no idea if WOMI plans to do anything else with the RKS brand, but it's uncertain if Iris actually dies when Freudia seals her in ice. Eifer was 100% confirmed to have died fighting against Freu, though.

Whenever you feel like doing the sword runs of these games, do it at a time where your mental resilience is strong, as both the extra modes of these games have the playable characters arbitrarily take double damage, and they never get any new techniques, so it's just the same thing just applied to the existing levels, with one new boss each.

Thank you for play.