(shouting)

[RKS Freudenstachel] „Gelb schmerzt.“

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Ich weiß was ich denken soll. Ich weiß wie man vorausdenkt!“

Post by ano0maly »

Checked really quick and looks like you didn't get the treasure.

I have a prepared password equivalent to your progress but with the item obtained. I would suggest you use the previous password to return to the stage and find the item, and then proceed to the next level with this password below.
Hint to finding the treasure: observe what happens at

0:30

of the video.
Last edited by ano0maly 5 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Chirei

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Ich weiß was ich denken soll. Ich weiß wie man vorausdenkt!“

Post by Chirei »

You literally skipped the one screen where the item was with the sled.

~Techniques Learned~

Freudenzwinger (Joyous Prison)

Uncharged: Freu makes five copies of herself that shoot Freudenstachel in set directions for a while. Consumes a massive amount of weapon energy per use. Depending on the situation, the enemy might end up being in a safe spot, so do not rely on it to clear the screen against many small enemies.

Charged: This weapon cannot be charged to any notable effect.
ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago I have a prepared password equivalent to your progress but with the item obtained. I would suggest you use the previous password to return to the stage and find the item, and then proceed to the next level with this password below.
Agreeing to this because I actually have absolutely no idea what the context to finding this item is since I never played it in english.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

I've been listening to this game's boss music track over and over, unable to shake the feeling that the melody segment starting at 0:12 is extremely familiar.

Turns out it's lifted/adapted/inspired by/verbed-of-your-choice from Ys III.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: RKSF .... .- .-.. .-.. --- / .. -.-. .... / -... .. -. / .. -. / -... .-. .- .. .-.. .-.. . ... -.-. .... .-. .. ..-

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

It was pretty hard to squeeze in today's thread title, so I had to get rid of some punctuation temporarily.

Also,

Code: Select all

while(target.IsDead == 0 && self.IsDead == 0):
	print("Good afternoon, Miss Freudia.")
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: RKSF .... .- .-.. .-.. --- / .. -.-. .... / -... .. -. / .. -. / -... .-. .- .. .-.. .-.. . ... -.-. .... .-. .. ..-

Post by ano0maly »

Liebea's stage has the weirdest snowball riding mechanics. Other indie or fan games I've played has Yoshi's Island type snowballs, where you can push it from a side or stand on it away from top-center to make it roll. Not here. It only moves if you jump or slip off of it.

It's not that game over doesn't save tanks, it does (that's how you can farm for tanks), and in fact you can get a tank in one stage and then switch to a different stage if you want. It's the password that doesn't save tanks, so if you quit the game and come back, they reset to 0.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I have nothing to say about the stage that hasn't already been said. =P

Sichte's Game Over screen is a reference to The Quest of Ki, a prequel to The Tower of Druaga (Liebea's Game Over screen in the first game). Here's today's; the only thing edited in the localization is the font used in the HUD at the top. This one is the EN version since the font is closer to the original game's font, which may or may not help guessers.

RKS21.png
RKS21.png (172.2 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
wyldstrykr

Post by wyldstrykr »

alternate gameover

yes. i suck at editing pictures. but at least i tried. too bad i cant make it the reverse way
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

if strudel encounters an igglybuff the result might cause reality to collapse

~Techniques Learned~

Strudel (Ru)

Uncharged: Strudel acts like Beat/Lilli and seeks out nearby enemies to bash them. Hits clean through some enemies with sturdy defenses like the roomba skulls. Cuts Freudia's shot limit to 1 while she is out.

Charged: There is no need to charge Strudel, as she is already a GA Rank bacon kicker.

Schneekristall (Snow Crystal)

Uncharged: Creates a protective barrier of snowflakes that orbit around Freudia that can cancel one projectile. It explodes outward like Sol Titanion's EX Skill if it cancels a bullet or touches an enemy. Freu may switch to other techniques or even call Strudel while the barrier is up.

Charged: This weapon cannot be charged, but it is very unintrusive in exchange.

Strudel's Hund (Strudel's Dog)

Uncharged: Strudel creates a spring-loaded dog out of ice to stand at a position in front of Freudia. Works exactly like Rush Coil.

Charged: You cannot charge a dog.
Joseph Staleknight

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „Friss den Stiefel, Prinzessin!“

I'm sure we all want Rosenkreuzstilette Geisterwand one of these days, raocow.

Maybe in SMBX?
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Joseph Staleknight wrote: 5 years ago I'm sure we all want Rosenkreuzstilette Geisterwand one of these days, raocow.
I forget if this was completely supposed to be a joke, but there are mock-ups of a Rosenkreuzstilette Lustatem that was going to be a metroidvania. If this went further, there really would be one for each character.

Pros: You start with the Lustatem.

Cons: It's Lustatem............................
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

:pal:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

There were a number of missed secrets in this level, though only one of them required Mega Man knowledge to find.

"Liebea"'s Game Over screen is a reference to Antarctic Adventure. Here are today's screens - this one is less obscure than it could be given it was only ever released in Japan, but boy howdy does it fit Schwer.

RKS22_JP.png
RKS22_JP.png (78.15 KiB) Viewed 3697 times
RKS22_EN.png
RKS22_EN.png (86.19 KiB) Viewed 3697 times
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Let there be light for a new goddess?

Wait, has it been saying that this whole time? That's, uh, less than subtle. I feel like they could have had a message about Schwarzkreuz there for this part of the game.
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago
There were a number of missed secrets in this level, though only one of them required Mega Man knowledge to find.

"Liebea"'s Game Over screen is a reference to Antarctic Adventure. Here are today's screens - this one is less obscure than it could be given it was only ever released in Japan, but boy howdy does it fit Schwer.

RKS22_JP.png

RKS22_EN.png
Takeshi's Challenge? Nice! :rao:
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago There were a number of missed secrets in this level, though only one of them required Mega Man knowledge to find.
I think there's

three lives, two tanks with one of them in a shortcut, and another shortcut that doesn't have items but allows you to skip the three Friender dogs

. One of the lives is in this room:

If raocow climbed down at 8:51 he would've found it.

Collect all of the coins before the timer runs out to get an extra life.
Strudel works like Lilli did in the first game, but I think most of the bosses are immune to her. It seems like you can use her on minibosses, though. While she's equipped, you can use single-shot icicles with up to two on screen at a time, just as if you depleted energy for Freudenstachel; the energy bar is for Strudel and not Freudenstachel. You can't shoot at all if you're out of energy though, for some reason.

While Strudels Hund or Strudels Flügel is out, Freudia can shoot small ice rings, with the same two-shot limit as above. Unlike Eins and Zwei, these two only cost energy if you actually use them after they're summoned.
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

Urrf i remember when i tried to beat her with Freudenstachel only. Her patterns aren't that hard, it's just she likes to trap me in a way to get the contact Damage from Schwer. And she actually hits like a Truck. urrrp
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Joseph Staleknight

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „SETZT NIE EIN INFO-KISTE AUF DIE 3e EBENE!“

Kind of a shame that raocow's current situation means we won't get any RKS videos this weekend. Still, as long as his throat has time to recover, it shouldn't be too bad.
wyldstrykr

Post by wyldstrykr »

in the meantime, maybe someone will sub/CC the rksf videos to match the subs rks had
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

alright everybody, take five

Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago alright everybody, take five
the side quote is honestly really great
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Arctangent wrote: 5 years ago
Chirei wrote: 5 years ago alright everybody, take five
the side quote is honestly really great
It is, but ü is a long vowel, so you can't replay ß with ss after it. HAVE YOU LEARNED NOTHING :partygator: ?

(just kidding of course, I love it and all the image edits you do. But if you happen to be inspired to change it to "proper" German - like the RKS creators did, after all - there's a second s missing in your das, and the "Lass" is correct but a good example for a word that would have been written Laß under the before-1996-reform-rules)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

this is secretly just a ploy. Rao want to play more Smash Bros.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Paragraph wrote: 5 years ago (just kidding of course, I love it and all the image edits you do. But if you happen to be inspired to change it to "proper" German - like the RKS creators did, after all - there's a second s missing in your das, and the "Lass" is correct but a good example for a word that would have been written Laß under the before-1996-reform-rules)
It's possible that it could have been text limitations - my source is an actual German person and they might not have wanted to seek out a ß over multiplayer notepad.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

I was considering that but you did have the ü in the correct place ;).

Tell him he fucked up das/dass though! Many Germans do but we are grammar Nazis, so we have to call each other out :gravytea:
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

blood physics

~Techniques Learned~

Eisschwert (Ice Sword)

Uncharged: Freudia will send out an ice slash a short distance in front of her. Unlike Grollschwert, this weapon does NO damage whatsoever except for bosses that are weak to it! An enemy that is affected by this weapon will be instantly defeated and sealed in a block of ice that Freu can use as a temporary platform.

Charged: A giant frozen slash cleaves the whole screen and instantly freezes any enemies not powerful enough to resist the attack. Their corpses can all be used as platforms.