(shouting)

[RKS Freudenstachel] „Gelb schmerzt.“

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Re: [Rosenkreuzstilette FREUDENSTACHEL] „Ein Schloss ohne Wald ist wie ein Dalmatiner ohne Zunge.“

Post by Sebby19 »

Prediction: This game works like the Day in the Limelight games, where you take the previous bosses against the new ones.

Also, Lilli killed and replaced the Pope.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Re: [Rosenkreuzstilette FREUDENSTACHEL] „Ein Schloss ohne Wald ist wie ein Dalmatiner ohne Zunge.“

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Kinda appropriate we're playing as an ice Magus and today's boss was a mistletoe/leaf Magus, since by the time this LP's over it'll be just before the winter solstice.

And fortunately for Freu, as the YouTube commenters already know, depleting your main weapon energy

merely gimps your weapon to 1 shot on-screen at a time

. So the devs have your back there, raocow.
Last edited by Joseph Staleknight 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

For anyone else who may find this information as useful as me,

> (shift + .) and < (shift + ,) to speed-up/slow-down videos without having to click into the video player menus
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

It's time for the somehow just as good if not better sequel to RKS!

Freudia is basically Bass, but she can't aim in multiple directions. Each Freudenstachel icicle does 1 damage like a lemon, so normal enemies get shredded by it, but bosses only take 1 damage due to i-frames.

If your Freudenstachel energy runs out, you can still shoot them, but your shot limit on screen is reduced to 1. You should almost never run out of it unless you hold down the fire button all the time, though. Since it's also very energy-efficient, the regular weapon energy pickups are no longer useless, and will usually keep you topped off. I also believe it refills to max every new life unlike other weapons.

Also Pamela is basically starting the whole maverick finger pointing again. You're maverick, they're maverick, we're all maverick. Except Strudel.
moogy

Post by moogy »

Despite having some pretty bullshit bosses later on (IMO at least), I enjoyed RKS2 a lot more than the first game. The level design is a huge improvement across the board, imo. Interested to see how raocow feels about it.

The default weapon requiring energy to fire is a nice piece of design in a lot of ways and is something that it would be cool for more Megaman games/clones to adopt.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

moogy wrote: 5 years ago The default weapon requiring energy to fire is a nice piece of design in a lot of ways and is something that it would be cool for more Megaman games/clones to adopt.
It makes me wonder if the trait of "gimped but fireable at 0 energy" wouldn't be something good to carry over, too, and I mean for all weapons. It'd certainly fix the occasional time where running out of energy for a specific weapon would lead to some Wily fortresses being unwinnable, without having to remove the puzzle element that causes it.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

moogy wrote: 5 years ago Despite having some pretty bullshit bosses later on (IMO at least), I enjoyed RKS2 a lot more than the first game. The level design is a huge improvement across the board, imo. Interested to see how raocow feels about it.
There is actually one boss that was heavily nerfed from the original release, and they're honestly still pretty hard. But I will get to that when we get there.
Arctangent wrote: It makes me wonder if the trait of "gimped but fireable at 0 energy" wouldn't be something good to carry over, too, and I mean for all weapons. It'd certainly fix the occasional time where running out of energy for a specific weapon would lead to some Wily fortresses being unwinnable, without having to remove the puzzle element that causes it.
They'd have to come up with weak versions of everything, but i'd be down to see a game that tries this idea.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

WHY I GAVE THE POPE HYPOTHERMIA
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

So I just finished tackling each stage of the sequel once (completing only three of them), have two general hot takes (one not a spoiler, one a spoiler), and a specific spoiler question for those familiar with the game.

General hot take: I think the stages of the sequel are significantly more fun and interesting, across the board, than the first game.

Spoiler hot take:

I've been pleasantly surprised so far by the legitimate reasons for these boss fights to be happening. And was actually creeped out by Liebia's boss scene.

Spoiler question:

One of the three stages I managed to complete was Sichte's. So I saw the, uh, "scene" with Strudel afterwards. ...How much more of that kind of thing is going to happen in the game? Because Wow Seriously. WOW. SERIOUSLY.

Joseph Staleknight

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years agoSpoiler question:

One of the three stages I managed to complete was Sichte's. So I saw the, uh, "scene" with Strudel afterwards. ...How much more of that kind of thing is going to happen in the game? Because Wow Seriously. WOW. SERIOUSLY.

I'm pretty sure the risque stuff is just restricted to Luste's new getup and that one scene with Sichte this game. Of course, I might be wrong, so I'll go ahead and check ahead to be sure.

wyldstrykr

Post by wyldstrykr »

it seems that in game voices arent subbed so anyone knows what their saying???? advance ty
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

'SCUSE ME PARDON ME BEST GIRL COMING THROUGH

Fun Fact: Pam was actually designed by alphes, the Tasofro artist. (Basically all of the new characters were products of a characters design contest.)
Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago Spoiler question:

As I recall, that gag is fairly uncommon, and Sichte gets the worst of it. So there's that, at least. Well, that and Blueste's "outfit".

Iris 4's Game Over Screen was Mega Man Zero 2 specifically. Here's the screens for the RKS:F intro stage. These are guessable: I'd never heard of the game before this game, but I knew of the franchise, at least, and both times I hosted an RKS panel at an anime con, someone was able to guess this one.

RKS18_JP.png
RKS18_JP.png (182.85 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
RKS18_EN.png
RKS18_EN.png (206.48 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

man it's that one nes game. Clash at Demonhead, I think ?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Correction: When you're out of Freudenstachel energy, you can actually have up to two icicles on screen at a time. You need to tap for each shot, though.
Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago Spoiler hot take:

I've been pleasantly surprised so far by the legitimate reasons for these boss fights to be happening. And was actually creeped out by Liebia's boss scene.

I personally thought that some of it was kind of excuse plot. I felt that they tried really hard to come up with justifications for

fighting RKS members when you're supposed to be working together

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago
Iris 4's Game Over Screen was Mega Man Zero 2 specifically.
Iris 3 game over screen also has a reference to MMZ series (note the "Neo Arcadia").

Shame that raocow didn't see the Iris 4 screen. He could've just had a game over and then continued playing - that way he gets to keep all his tanks.

There are plenty of item pickups in Iris 4 anyway. In addition to the tank and extra life you get while riding Talos, there are two hidden spots. If you drop down through the last hole to the bottom right of the screen, you get some goodies including an extra life.
And if you get on the fourth pillar from the right using Eins, and use Zwei to fly to the left, you can find another tank and life.
Last edited by ano0maly 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

look guys, the footage was recorded before I got the request, I'm sorry :(
incidently this is why I don't like recording days in advance
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

It's fine, not trying to blame you, just saying that you would have liked the reference given that you are enjoying the Zero games and their mission clear screen meme.
Piesonscreations
First name: Gon

Post by Piesonscreations »

This is the first design I found charming, so I had to make something.
Attachments
eifer cow.png
eifer cow.png (279.3 KiB) Viewed 3592 times
ImageImage
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Post by Picochilla »

Intresting that they changed the german subtitle on that Stage. Originally when i played it, it was called "In der Schneenacht" instead of "In der verschneiten Nacht".
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago man it's that one nes game. Clash at Demonhead, I think ?
Either that or Rambo.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

So just to give everyone in the audience a non-spoilered heads-up, since it's going to come up sooner or later, Luste somehow managed to find an outfit with even less clothing than the first game, and the Strudel titty gag comes up again in the post-battle dialogue with Sichte (one can really tell WOMI wrote the game). Avoid watching the videos of these segments as needed. I thiiiiiiiiiiink that's it for gross stuff though. (The Schwarzkreuz designs are surprisingly modest on the whole.)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
raocow

Post by raocow »

for whom that matters, that's gonna be tonight's video because once again I decided to just do that straight away
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

ok

the writing in this sequel is *on point*
video games
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

i'm digging the fact that it looks like since tia's power copying was a plot point, freu gets new attack options by adapting her own ice powers in a way inspired by the way the boss fought

it's a lot like how zero does it, except zero's way of doing it is muddied by the fact that him getting inspired to develop new techniques somehow gives him elemental powers and also how his techniques rarely have anything to do with how the bosses actually fight
Joseph Staleknight

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „LUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFT“

"Luste, our castle is being stormed by witch-hunters. Are you a bad enough metal hero to defend the castle?"

Also, Eislanze looks pretty slow and smol compared to in the first game. Oh, the pitfalls of being playable...
Chirei

Re: [RKS Freudenstachel] „LUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFTLUFT“

Post by Chirei »

jump and shoot man, the pinnacle of what all little girls want to be when they grow up

~Techniques Learned~

*Just like Tia, Freu can charge some of her special weapons!

Eislanze (Ice Lance)

Uncharged: One of Freu's ice beams from her boss fight from RKS1, now hardened into a sharp spear. It travels very fast after the initial startup like the original beam, and will bounce diagonally off surfaces. Send it flying into a small space to tear apart all enemies with ease.

Charged: Freudia will shoot a fan of 5 Eislanzes around her that lunge outward.

Strudel's Flügel (Strudel's Sled)

Freudia can't make anything like the Silverwings like Tia can, but Strudel gains the power to use similar things instead to assist her. Summons the likeness of Chill Penguin and acts like Rush Jet with much improved vertical maneuverability.
Last edited by Chirei 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.