(shouting)

Not using default control inputs?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Not using default control inputs?

Post by Gardenolva »

A discussion on the games you played that you HAVE to slightly change the control configurations to satisfy your controls on the character.

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Re: Not using default control inputs?

Post by Zummorr »

The earliest time I remember changing the control scheme is probably Super Metroid. That game's default has the Shoot button mapped to X and Jump to A and the run mapped to B. This set up makes running and shooting really awkward. Pressing the X button to shoot just feels weird.
So I map it like
Y- Shoots
B-Jumps
A-Run
X-Cancel weapon selection.

For Megaman games I tend to map the dash button to L and for MMZ games I go with B to shoot and R to slash. When I started the game series for the first time I gravitated towards mode C (Switch weapons with R button). But when I learned that you could charge BOTH weapons at the same time independently with Mode B, I switched and never looked back.

I also tend to crank up the sensitivity on the mouse in PC games but I think that's pretty typical.

I play with an Xbox-360 controller for most games unless it's a PC shooter/RTS.
Gardenolva
Void and Voir embraced together...
First name: En Gardevoir
Pronouns: Male

Re: Not using default control inputs?

Post by Gardenolva »

The Megaman X games and beyond have the most cases to change the inputs since they're putting things like the Dash button on the most awkward spot when using an actual controller.

Yeah, the default (Type A) controls on MMZ were complete bonkers. Were they expecting us to hold the L Button to use the other weapon? For now, I don't see any use of the Type A controls, which is why most people changed it to either Type B or C.

OoT: About the XBox 360 controller, are there any advantages/disadvantages on using it in certain games?

A.K.A.: En Gardevoir