(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean
Yep.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Bean »

Whimsical Calamari wrote: 5 years ago what the heck even is the original crash bandicoot's difficulty curve
Bridges, darkness, and castle levels are nightmares. The rest are doable. There's the curve!

Super Mario Party still gets a mighty fine all right rating for me having played more modes now. I wish there was another board or two because it's so close to feeling good, but it's just not quite at that level.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Gave Dr Light's Challenge another go today and ended up getting it done on my first try. I don't know what it is about taking a break that just makes things so much easier!
And then I went on and finished the rest of the achievements today.
Cut it VERY close with the speedrun achievement where you have to beat the game in under 60 minutes. I clocked in at 59:16.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Haven't had much time to play the Switch lately, so no second Mega Man 11 run yet. Still made time to go through Mega Man X3 again on the Legacy Collection at least. I've just gone in any and whatever order I want with them. Case in point, haven't touched the original yet.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I've been playing the second Flowers visual novel and Timespinner. Flowers is better then the first game since this one has my favorite character from the first one as its protagonist. Timespinner is quite good as well. Feels a shit load like Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow gameplay-wise which is definitely a good thing since Aria of Sorrow is one of my favorite Castlevanias. My only complaint in the few hours I've played so far is that it hasn't made great use of the timespinner mechanic yet. There's been two places it was necessary for getting across a gap too wide to jump over and one boss (of like three in total thus far) it was necessary to utilize to dodge an attack from.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Decided to hop back into Mega Man X Legacy Collection, skip X7 in its entirety cause it's bad and go onto X8. This one is alright. Way better than X7 anyway. It was a good decision to get rid of the third axis of movement. Also voice acting is slightly better. Not to say it's good, but every line isn't making me cringe like X7.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I finished off a replay of Mega Man X7 last night. There are legitimate times where you won't jump when you want to, most notably on the green plane to green plane transfer in Wind Crowrang's stage. Moving on those planes is not fun at all. Game exists. Just like X5 and X6, it's bad in its own unique way.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Finished off X8 today.
Got pretty pissed off in the final level with some of the platforming around spikes required. There was one jump where I don't think it would have been possible if I hadn't gotten the foot part for X that allows him to jump twice as high? And even then I could just barely make it, I don't know what the intended method was.
Final boss had a few too many phases for my taste. I also found it pretty bullshit in the final phase where the boss stops really attacking and you have to kill it within a certain amount of time or you get mysteriously insta-killed and have to redo everything.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Oh yeah, also on the second-to-last stage, after I had fought all the mavericks and got to the first "Sigma" fight, I fought him once, died, came back, skipped the cutscene, and then the battle started with X still in cutscene mode I guess. Sigma's AI was going but X couldn't be damaged, I couldn't move, I couldn't pause, I couldn't do anything. Completely softlocked. Had to reset and do the boss rush all over again.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

So, I just got the "PERFECT" screen on Wario Land 3 (Not going for Music Coins, golf ain't worth it), and I gotta say, I really enjoyed it!
I love how every level expands after you levels, and it's really fun to go back to previous levels and find out where you can go with your new abilities!
The only thing I didn't like was the huge knockback, but I get why its there, so I can't complain tooooo much
Great game, really hoping for a HD re-release, or heck just give us a new game!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Playing my own file of Super Mario Party now. It's still all right and even good at times.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And completed Super Mario Party yesterday. Good game, all things considered. No clue what to move on to next.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago Well. It's time. I've got my backlog of Games I Actually Want To Play under 100, so...

It's time for me to wake up.
I have done nothing but play Warframe for 4 weeks.

DELTARUNE Chapter 1 broke me out of my Warframe-induced haze for a single day. More on that later. Or probably in the Deltarune thread.
Last edited by BobisOnlyBob 6 months ago, edited 5 times in total.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Diablo III of all games in a co-op run. I wasn't expecting it to play like it is, but that just goes to show you how there are so many genres I just don't get around to playing, I guess. It's basically Nine Parchments, but darker colors, actual equipment options, and procedurally generated dungeons.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

And that's FF8 finally finished. Game took til the end of Disc 1 to grab me.
What the heck is that plot. Time travel is a no no. :P
The gimmick of this game, junctions, was fairly interesting, albeit a bit hard to get used to. Big bads made sense, good progression. Had a couple times where I legit didn't know where to go or how to go about getting to a place. But at least for the most part it was easy to figure out how to traverse areas, which should never be a difficult thing to determine (lookin at you, awkward to traverse FF7). Overall I place this game slightly higher than 7 in my list.
Between when I played 7 and when I finished up 8, my rankings changed up a bit. Given I'd actually play 1 and 2 again but probably wouldn't play 7 again, that would make it worse in my eyes. So I put it there. 8 is sorta similar, but better off.
Updated rankings:
Amazing:6|Great:X,5|Good:2,1|OK but never again:8,7|Take it far far away:3,4
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Griflion
I'm gonna chomp ya!

Post by Griflion »

Take it far far away: 3,4
Sry pholty, we can't be friends anymore.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

pholtos wrote: 5 years ago Game took til the end of Disc 1 to grab me.
Wow, and for me that's the point everything interesting completely falls apart. VIII is easily the FF game I can write the most angry words about - that is, I don't hate it, I try not to waste words on hate, but I really do enjoy picking/tearing it apart compared to all other FFs. It's a delightful mess from my perspective, a complete failure as a story, narrative, romance, or a mechanical gameplay experience yet somehow enthralling. I won't deny that the music and cinematography helps a lot.

Mini Metro! My new wind-down game. Surprisingly stressful at times though, drawing lines to connect abstract stations based on real-world tube maps is genuinely satisfying. Love the audio design, simple and effective.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Yeah I found mini metro too stressful/kinda luck-based to wanna play much of unfortunately
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I've been replaying Persona 3, or rather finally getting around to playing through Persona 3 Portable. The cards system it has makes it a lot easier compared to the original. Much easier to give personas skills of every element and upgrade their stats. Which is a good change in my opinion. I was on easy mode when I originally played through Persona 3 and despite having a fairly overpowered built there (I'd saved all my stat cards throughout the game and used them all on a Mithra persona which had 3/4 main element spells at high levels) I still had trouble beating the game even at level 70.

Granted I'm cheating more in this play through because I'm not as interested in doing it legit since I've already done that. Using code that get me a lot of money, guaranteeing enemies drop items, and always being in great status helps make things feel a bit less tedious. (Also maxing out academics, charm, and courage at the beginning of the game so I can just focus on maxing social links.) Still need to get further before I can create the persona I want to make though which is the Alice persona. I intend to max out her stats, get her Die For Me! skill and dark boost, then use cards to give her Invigorate 3 (+7sp at the beginning of every turn), Spell Master (halves spell costs), and then spells of each main element.

Doing things this way has been a lot more fun at least. Just got the final member of my main party that I regularly use too which is Koromaru. (Him along with Mitsuru and Yukari tends to be my endgame team.) And speaking of Koromaru that brings me to an odd observation. You only have Aigis in the game for like a week before getting Koromaru. That's really not very much time at all, especially compared to the others.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
Pronouns: he/him/his
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

I just discovered that The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile was on Steam, so that's gonna be the next thing I pl-
Oh shit.
raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Picked up Sunset Overdrive yesterday now that it's finally out on PC after all those years. Still quite fun.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Just Mega Man X8 and Fire Emblem Heroes. Pretty sure I'm not beating a new game this month, and that's fine. It's been a pretty fun month outside of that all anyway.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

This just in:
I'm real bad at Devil May Cry.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Finished my Mega Man X8 run last night. All I have left is to edit a couple more clips of the item collection run together, and we're good to go on getting this done.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I'm playing Save Me Mr Tako. It's a really cute simple indie sidescrolling adventure/platformer with Game Boy style graphics and sound. I thought this would just be a really short game I could get done in an afternoon or something, but no it has a lot more content than I was expecting. It's not a Metroidvania, it has linear platforming levels with some exploration and puzzle solving involved, and it also has towns and NPCs/sidequests and such like in your average SMBX game. Another thing I'm surprised about is how well written the story to this game is. I would almost compare this to a Zelda game in terms of the quality of the story and characters and dialog. Tako is a lot like Link, a silent protagonist that just goes around helping people and getting himself deeply involved in the plot just due to his selfless heroism.