(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

Post by Voltgloss »

Zummorr wrote: 5 years ago Did someone bug raocow about how he tends to only use basic attacks in the patreon group? It's just striking that he started using his other attacks in the recent episode.

Just wondering.
Didn't raocow observe a couple videos ago that using charged attacks has a benefit over spamming lots of basic attacks, in that it allows him to focus more on dodging? Seems he reached that conclusion organically.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

I just absolutely love how Zote flails his sword around like a buffoon
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

The big difference in Godhome that makes charge attacks more useful is that you can use Fragile Strength all the time. In the main game you're better off with Quick Slash instead of risking the fragile charms, in which case you want to do as many normal attacks as possible rather than bothering with charging. Plus most main game bosses have chances to hit them fast and repeatedly anyway.

Since you can equip Fragile Strength without worry in Godhome however (typically replacing Quick Slash) you're better off doing fewer strong attacks which means charging. Plus you don't have to worry about small enemies coming at you quick (since it's all bosses), and the hardest bosses often only allow one or two hits at a time between dodging anyway so charging gets more damage than if you use quick slash.
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

There's no reason you can't have quick slash and fragile strength both on at once, they both cost 3 and you have 11 notches max. That gives you another 5 for charms like quick focus or shaman stone or pride.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Melody is 3 slots too
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

There's not enough space for both after Mark of Pride and Quick Focus which are both pretty much necessary in the harder bosses.

Granted you could do longnail instead of pride and do both but that leaves no space for anything else.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Looks like you did much better this time, raocow! 37/42 bosses beaten!

But yeah, the way the LP's going to work from now on, I probably won't mind raocow skipping B-Sides if he doesn't make any new progress. Might as well keep the content fresh, after all.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Ah Markoth, it's kinda amazing how much hate I have for him because of Godmaster when in the main game he wasn't an issue at all. Some good progress today though raocow, I think it's fine if you potentially have to skip some days if you don't make it further than the last video.
Crow

Post by Crow »

Markoth is why I suggested to play the ascended versions of the bosses off camera, yeah lol
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

The true most important part of this video, raocow finally letting Grimm bow.
Last edited by tirakai 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

and then no progress was made ever again because of a big hole

the end
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

Markoth is the farthest I've gotten in this pantheon. It's almost ridiculous how much more difficult he is here than he is in the main game.

I recommend maybe practicing against the Ascended version of him to get a feel for the fight. It's true that he'll do two damage instead of one like he does in the pantheon itself, but if anything that should make you even better at it.
warpio

Post by warpio »

Ascended Markoth and Ascended Grey Prince Zote are the only bosses in this thing where I still feel like their challenge is a bit on the unfair side. Whenever I do actually manage beat them without losing most of my health I feel like I got extremely lucky. Then again I don't have the Melody charm, that would probably be enough to tip the odds in your favor after a bit of practicing against them.

I even watched a video of someone beating the Radiant version of Markoth and I STILL don't get it... The best strat I can come up with for him in his 2-shield phase is

Use a charged neutral attack against him right after he finishes spinning the 2 shields around, but before he resumes the projectile spam. The Mark of Pride charm helps make this much less risky but it's still not easy to execute at all. The rest of the time, focus on dodging and staying on a platform and hope that he doesn't corner you in a way where there's nothing you can do about it.

For Zote, I'm pretty sure the best strategy is

focus on destroying his minions whenever they're around, and stay away from Zote until they're gone because with them around there's just too much chaos going on. When it's just Zote alone, you can go in and try to out-DPS him and generally the only problematic situations are when he decides to run straight into you without giving you any time to react.

Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

tirakai wrote: 5 years ago There's not enough space for both after Mark of Pride and Quick Focus which are both pretty much necessary in the harder bosses.

Granted you could do longnail instead of pride and do both but that leaves no space for anything else.
You definitely do not need mark of pride for the harder bosses. I felt like when I stopped playing with big range sword I felt the absence hard for a while, but then I adjusted and eventually I decided it's not as important as it feels when you're using it.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

That Nosk fight was new. That's probably one of the ??? bosses. I wonder why he didn't get an alt name.
But this version of Nosk is kinda lame, since he's pretty much exactly like the first boss in this rush.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Up until this point, it's kind of fuzzy to make out what they mean by "gods" with the conceit of the boss rush, but through the ritual of this universal dream, the Godseeker is trying to discover and attune their mind to the so called "higher beings" of Hallownest. Full quotes with context:

Unn:
Godseeker wrote:Sleeping God, We can barely feel thy presence amongst the green left behind. What strength thee once possessed fades beyond time and tune...

Such magnificent scale, even in decline. If only thee could teach Us to grow so large…

Sleeping God, to see thee as thou once existed, with land and dream and devotion, We would give our mind…
Unn sleeps, but she blessed you with her charm, which helped you for a time.
Greenpath Tablets wrote: From moss and leaf our life is drawn.
While it grows upon the path we shall never wilt.
The greater mind once dreamed of leaf and cast these caverns so.
In every bush and every vine the mind of Unn reveals itself to us.
The Green Children walked from the dream unto these lands.
Here we now shall wait, patient, for the call to return.
Though once our lands, a pale being lays claim to the caverns ahead.
It may appear benevolent but it does not share our dream.
Be wary to wander that place.
Those who stray from the White King's roads shall face the law of Unn.
Root:
Godseeker wrote:O tragedy! This majestic god evades Our attunement with such ease.

We live only to serve the gods, to seek them out. Why does she frustrate Us? How does she hide from Us? Does she diminish herself by choice?

O majestic one, We beg thee reveal thyself! Our mind is so much less without you in it…

Pale mother... We barely dare to think. The chance of meeting is too rare.... but thine resonance! Could you be one of Them?
Root may be hidden away, but it had more to do with self-discipline than hiding. She bound herself to resist the urge to spawn more vessels.
White Lady wrote:Do I seem prisoner here? If so, it's not by any choice but my own. These bindings about me, I've chosen to erect.

There is some shame I feel from my own part in the deed, and this method guarantees it cease.

I still feel that urge you see. I always will. A voracious desire to spread seeds upon the land, to propogate myself, to breed.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoThat Nosk fight was new. That's probably one of the ??? bosses. I wonder why he didn't get an alt name.
But this version of Nosk is kinda lame, since he's pretty much exactly like the first boss in this rush.
Winged Nosk is a kinda weird one too in that it appears to be significantly easier than its alternative version by a large margin.
Awoo
~wan~wan

Post by Awoo »

tirakai wrote: 5 years ago The true most important part of this video, raocow finally letting Grimm bow.
This. Much this. +10 respect to raocow
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I think this proposal is getting a better reception than the one about returning to Wario Land 3 years later to get all the musical coins without expecting to replay the whole game
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Having no B-side when there isn't any progress sounds like a sensible approach. I can't imagine getting any usable footage out of repeating the same bosses over and over, and with the time commitment for each attempt it's not feasible to expect progress every day. I'm not a huge fan of the Godhome stuff, but with raocow enjoying himself as much as he is, the videos are still fun to watch, so I'd be happy to watch progress updates whenever they happen to come.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

And so the struggle begins: raocow's patience vs. the Pantheon of Hallownest.

Honestly, I say we should give him three days to fight through this massive task. If he makes absolutely no progress, then and only then should we help him out.
Crow

Post by Crow »

wow a raocow vid I can actually watch at work

I recommend practicing a little against ascended markoth and zote!
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I guess we technically got a B-side video today. I'd love to see this on every failed run.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Well that's probably a new record for shortest raocow video.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I was going to suggest stuffed animal adventures, in the mean time.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000