(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

Post by 10204307 »

For the tendril attack, you just need to jump over it, using double jump if you need to. It has a lot of horizontal range but almost no vertical range, so as long as you're not near the ground you'll be fine.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Pure Vessel is definitely a thing when you get to him, but I found after beating him a few times consistently in the statue room I managed to finish the 4th Pantheon without too much trouble, it's really just the panic you need to get over, just be calm and play smart.

Also for non-raocows :

Anyone going to direct him to the Ordeal? He has to see that, and it would be a nice break too.

1234abcdcba4321
this is a guy

Post by 1234abcdcba4321 »

I think rao should get around halfway through the last pantheon

for winged nosk and sisters of battle

and then accept a save file that has the final unlocked.

as for

the eternal ordeal

... i'm surprised no one's gone for that yet. i'd say to do it right before opening the savefile
yo.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I think

The Eternal Ordeal

would be the ideal thing to end the series on.

Once raocow's done with all the Pantheon stuff (whether he takes a savefile for the last one's boss or decides to leave it out), doing that and

the Shrine of Believers

as one final video I think would be a perfect

fun and silly

way to end to the series.
dashta

Post by dashta »

Just to add another voice to the "godmasters not garbage" side, I just really appreciate they gave us a way to go back to any boss fight we wanted, at any time, gives it a form of replayability I wasn't able to get out of it before.
I also loved all the new bosses, and the slight reimaginings of bosses(though uumuu did wall me pretty hard prepatch), as well as all the cool little touches and secrets in the world and the arenas, that fill out the story a slight bit more.
There's a lot I was expecting godmaster to be, and I think a lot of people were expecting godmaster to be, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time with what did come out of it, though I never completed the final challenge, and likely never will.

Also, since no one else seems to have publicly pushed you towards a fun thing, mr cowrao
Light spoilers to find the thing:

there's something else hiding in the hall of statues, in a very difficult to reach place

Heavier spoilers to find the thing:

in the third arch from the right, on the second floor, all the way up in there

VV My Channel, shameless advertising FTW! VV
http://www.youtube.com/user/daeshta?feature=mhee
GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I'm only doing this because Yonowaaru made me, blame him.
warpio

Post by warpio »

Pure Vessel is such an amazing boss fight. I actually like this fight more than Nightmare King because you're constantly looking for offensive opportunities while dodging his attacks, as opposed to NKG which is primarily a defensive fight. I had to practice against him for like a couple hours until I was able to beat him with about 50% consistency, and I enjoyed it the whole way through.

raocow's strategy of staying on the ground the entire time might work out in a single fight in combination with Melody and persistence/luck, but I don't know if that can get him through the boss rush version of this fight. It's a lot more pressure when you get to him after all those other bosses. I highly suggest practicing more so to fine-tune your strategy against him at least until there are no situations where you feel like you got hit unfairly. With the right strategy, every hit you take in this fight is the fault of failed reaction/execution.

Here's the strategy I used against him:
Charms: Quick Focus, Mark of Pride, Fragile Heart, Fragile Strength
Ground pound: Notice how the spikes that come from the ground are a lot thicker at the bottom? Their hitbox is thicker down there too, so you definitely want to get up into the air to avoid the spikes. And usually, he aims for you when he does the ground pound, and if you dodge around him and get ontop of his head when the spikes come up, you can easily pogo ontop of him for a few free hits while waiting in between the spikes.
Ramming attack: The perfect opportunity for a free hit by jumping straight up and and downstabbing just as he passes by under you.
Melee attack: Best to just get away and avoid him during this, since he can hit you from both in front and behind, and even if you pogo him during this you'll sometimes hit his nail which will trigger a *ting* counter animation which often screws up my movement rhythm.
Spread shot attack: raocow has the right idea here, it's easiest to avoid if you stay low to the ground, and sometimes you might have to dash through a projectile if it still manages to get you into a tricky spot.
Jumping across the room from a standing position: This attack is purely meant to punish you for being greedy and trying to pogo him when it's not a perfectly safe time to do so. As long as you're on the ground or are descending to the ground when waiting for him to make his next move, this attack isn't a problem.
Focus blast: Certainly you can use this time to heal, but sometimes the smaller circles could show up where you're standing and if you're healing when that happens you won't have enough time to dodge. If you manage to heal 3 masks, then it's a net positive anyway, but I found that as you get better at the fight it's much more worthwhile to just unload your soul onto him with neutral B attacks during this part.
Void tendrils: This is generally just another opportunity to jump over to him and pogo him for a couple free hits, but it can sometimes catch me off guard when I'm expecting the spread shot but it's this instead. Paying attention to the sound cues would help with determining which of these he's about to do.
Reverning

Post by Reverning »

The Godseeker wasn't talking about you, raocow. The talk of a bound one containing a god they seek inside, they were referring to Hollow Knight.

Hollow Knight, the Pure Vessel
Hunter's Journal wrote:
  • Chosen vessel, raised and trained to prime form.
”Deepest silence in holy shell,

Given nail and named a Knight,

Bound by chain and egg and spell,

Hear Our plea! Reveal thy Light!”

- Prayer to the Vessel
No cost too great, no mind to think, no will to break, no voice to cry out in suffering. This is literally demonstrated through Pure Vessel's silent warcry. Pure Vessel is the complete culmination of Wyrm's ambition, the chosen spawn of his and Root's, taken to the White Palace of saw and spike, trained in the arts of nail and magic, raised to perfect form...

...abandoning all of their kin to their fate in the Abyss, imperfect goods to be thrown away.
Ancient Basin Tablet wrote: Higher beings, these words are for you alone.

Our pure Vessel has ascended.

Beyond lies only the refuse and regret of its creation.

We shall enter that place no longer.
Like the normal final boss fight with the corrupted version, Pure Vessel also has Dream Nail dialogue "inaccessible" behind a guarded mind.
Dream Nail Dialogue wrote:
  • Do not think...
  • Do not speak...
  • Do not hope...
  • Do not...
Unfortunately, Wyrm's ideals could never be lived up to. The Knight he raised could never be hollow, he instilled that himself.

Pure Vessel, unsurprisingly, fights similarly to Hollow Knight, but much faster and stronger. Instead of attacks featuring the corruption, Pure Vessel demonstrates mastery of the pure white magic of their kingdom, as well as the ability to manipulate the Void. Pure Vessel is also the only character besides the player known to wield a Pure Nail, and prior to the beginning of the fight, can be observed wearing the white armor of the Palace Knights.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

So this is the actual reason Godmaster is garbage: it locks an ending behind the requirement of an ABSURD time investment. It's just insulting.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

just beat the pure vessel three times in a row in the basement, last attempt with a full healthbar left (still got hit but you know)
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Shard1697

Post by Shard1697 »

thank you melody

thelody
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago just beat the pure vessel three times in a row in the basement, last attempt with a full healthbar left (still got hit but you know)
yeah, you can do it
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Please tell me you had Rocky playing in the background.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago just beat the pure vessel three times in a row in the basement, last attempt with a full healthbar left (still got hit but you know)
Congrats!
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago So this is the actual reason Godmaster is garbage: it locks an ending behind the requirement of an ABSURD time investment. It's just insulting.
they wanted the dark souls audience
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

You can do it raocow!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Hey raocow, sounds like it might be a bit late to suggest this but you might consider making use of the charm that makes your dash do damage. You spent quite a bit of this video dashing through bosses which would help whittle them down more quickly and safely.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Worse case raocow, just record with no commentary, then use PPR while editing.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

LatexHydra wrote: 5 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago So this is the actual reason Godmaster is garbage: it locks an ending behind the requirement of an ABSURD time investment. It's just insulting.
That..... has nothing to do with what I said or what the DS audience wants.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Stink Terios wrote: 5 years ago
LatexHydra wrote: 5 years ago
That..... has nothing to do with what I said or what the DS audience wants.
Yeah, Hollow Knight already appealed to the Souls aesthetic and overall challenge and feel. Boss Rushes aren't even a Soulsy thing, that's more Capcom/Konami design (Megaman, Gradius, Castlevania), and the various challenge toggles are another thing entirely - feels more like Bastion than anything else off the top of my head. "Dark Souls is the hardest game" is a poor meme.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Well that was night and day. Very nicely done. ^^ (except the Markoth bit :P)
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

You almost found the next thing when jumping around, you need to

keep going up the right side of the main building

It's worth a try of course but I think you'll understand pretty quickly why everyone's insistent on just getting a save file for the finale.

Otherwise there's one more thing that's been mentioned that is definitely worth doing, and a secret bonus area that's not important but I think would be fun extra (and maybe a good place to jump around while giving your final thoughts on the game as a whole)

thing that's definitely worth it - hidden in Godhome -

in the Hall of Gods

-

you need to do some weird jumps and break the ceiling of the third arch from the right (on the upper level)

other bonus area - hidden in Resting Grounds -

in the Spirits Glade

-

dream nail the moth statue in the small room behind the waterfall (there's a slightly hidden platform to the left of it you can jump op to)

Reverning

Post by Reverning »

Essentially, you were acknowledged. You surpassed the Hollow Knight with all the Void as your witness.

I know I'm the one offering save files in the first place, but I do really believe you can finish Godmaster. More than difficulty, the main issue comes from how long each attempt is actually going to take.

The "just doing it silent and then adding PPR" suggestion may be a good idea, if it takes a lot of tries.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I mean we will see. I feel like tomorrow is gonna be a 'feeling things out' and see what is actually going on kind of run. I'll decide if I'll need your help then :P
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Post by 10204307 »

I'm personally not really expecting you to finish it. Not really because of your skill level or anything but just because it's really difficult and really long, and I haven't been able to do it either. So don't feel bad if you can't beat it.