(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Mega Man Network Transmission - A Classic Case of Identity Crisis

Post by Kilgamayan »

Oh hey a song I actually know! Thanks, incessant Ford commercials during NFL games many years ago!

Man, that battle went ten jillion times smoother than I expected.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I hope you at least put Zero's chips in for the sake of showing them off.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

this storytelling is incredible
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Man, now I kinda want to see raocow react to the main games's plots. This is honestly hilarious.

Too bad the random battles/grinding put a hard end to this line of thought.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

at approximately 11 minutes into today's video, raocow beats the game
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

So PharaohMan's role in the main Battle Network games more or less consists of being a decently challenging post-game boss with no real plot surrounding him to speak of.

The anime, for some reason, decided that not only should he actually be a really big deal, but also that the anime version of Bass should be an amnesiac "reincarnation" of PharaohMan because...fuck, man, I don't know. I guess they thought Bass.exe's backstory from the games was too dark for a children's cartoon or something?
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

[In PharaohMan.exe's level] "Oh, that's a remix of an old Mega Man song, MM5 era maybe!"

Also, I guess we'll never see a PA hit something but whatever. (Life Sword doesn't replenish health, it's just a fancy name. Z-Cannon DOES make you invincible, though!)
Leet

Post by Leet »

raocow, that dog you fought? His name is Rush.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Funnily enough, Pharaoh Man is in the first MMBN game as a post-game boss. He is super easy by the time you fight him though, so whatever. Last thing I did in that game before I moved on to the sequel. All he does in that one is just let his traps do the work as he moves back and forth on the back row of the grid, so the fight here is pretty accurate to the original game's encounter.
Leet

Post by Leet »

also i was prepared for this game to end, like, three episodes ago. it's fine that it's continuing, but i thought for sure zero was going to be the end but it just keeps going
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

ABSOLUTE

BANGAH

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I mean, it's Mega Man 4 music that isn't Dust Man. It's bound to be good!
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

I actually liked Dust Man's theme. :( This is probably heresy to post on this particular web sight, but Skull Man's theme was the one that never impressed me.

My fiancée pointed out to me some time ago that, when it comes to video game music, the desert theme is always the best theme. That definitely applies here, with how they ratched the desertiness up on this particular theme by about 5000%.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago Skull Man's theme was the one that never impressed me.
good thing we have Food Man's theme, the superior cover
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Original internet programmers: "well in the future they're gonna want to know this area is old right? So we should theme everything to look like ancient egypt, which will represent this place being 'old' in a few decades from now"
Arctangent
squawky

Post by Arctangent »

y'know i've always wondered this but it popped up fresh in my mind recently

what even are navichips, zero in this game and iirc mayl in the others implies that they're just flat-out the navis but like, that feels like it raises way more questions than it answers

did we ever get any sort of official explanation
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Ashan wrote: 5 years ago Original internet programmers: "well in the future they're gonna want to know this area is old right? So we should theme everything to look like ancient egypt, which will represent this place being 'old' in a few decades from now"
I'm willing to forgive/overlook literally everything this game does because Battle Network 3 really just fucked everything up far beyond what any of the other games do.

EDIT: Okay, I take that back, Battle Network 5's major crisis outclasses Battle Network 3 in terms of sheer ridiculousness. But everything else still comes up short.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago raocow, that dog you fought? His name is Rush.
His name is weirdly inconsistent. In the first games those viruses are just called mole/mole2. I think they only started calling him rush starting with his NaviCust role in 3?

Unless translation shenanigans are involved of course.

Best song in the game today. Hooray!

Also, since the game is ending soon, I'm just gonna say the requirements to access the postgame: get every Navi chip (the ones that are not summons don't count)... and that's it. It's a bit surprising the game doesn't make you have to complete your chip library like the main series.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Since we're approaching the end of the game, I think it's worth mentioning that this game also has a secret boss. Unlike WS, this one is actually managable since there's no crazy boss rush.

In this one, all you have to do is get all of the Navi chips. You get the Roll chip and the Zero chip through the story, but all the others you get by beating boss refights quickly. You can find the refights in the Park. Once you've gotten them all, you'll get an email with the details about the secret boss.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Yes in JPN versions his name is always Rush.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

On a side notenote that nobody asked for or cares about. I got around to doing sponge messing with the RAM. Turns out, even if I force the game to think I have certain chips equipped as my five chips in use, it does a check for how many of each I have. So, if that value is zero, I can select the chip with L and R, but I get no uses.

Can any real players of the game confirm a max number of chips in "Folder" or "[Not Folder]"?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Another really solid entry.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That level was another one of those things for me. Had some decent challenge in both the stage and the boss which is something you don't see too much of in this game. As for how close you are to the end of the game, it kind of showed when you were hurrying up to stock up at the shop. You're nearly there.

This one drags on more than other Mega Mans because of the text dumps and a bit of the whole exploration dealio that other entries in the franchise don't really have. You are only fourteen vids in, but there's definitely a difference in time played compared to older titles you've gone through!
Leet

Post by Leet »

I don't think it's text, I think it's pacing and structure. Think of it this way, Mega Man games generally follow the structure of "intro stage, a series of stages you get to pick the order of, then a series of linear stages leading up to the end."

Network Transmission loosely follows this for a good portion of the game. It's two intro stages, and then you get your choice of four, and then another choice of two - somewhat weirdly staggered, but still a normal number of stages for the main chunk of the game. Then you go to a line of teleporters that have to be cleared in order, leading up to the confrontation with Zero of all people, the originator of the virus that is the game's main conflict. When we were going through the hallway that had those four stages, I thought for sure, "this is this game's way of doing the Wily Fortress".

And we beat Zero, and we stopped the virus! Since Zero isn't a villain, it would make sense to have another stage where we fight the true culprit or something, but instead... we get two more choices of robot masters around town! It would have made more sense to have these stages in the batches from before the fake climax, but nope, instead, there's suddenly a totally different plot and the game just... keeps... going.

I also find it really weird that after Zero was saved he just... presumably is just living a day-to-day life when he's not being summoned. I suppose it's better than the trend of "kill off the newly introduced characters every time", but it's Zero, he seems too important to just be relegated to "just a normal guy now".