(shouting)

HOLLOW KNIGHT - Blessings

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sebby19

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - Cloak and Dagger

Post by Sebby19 »

I saw something in that 'dead end' that raocow didn't.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i mean, everyone was telling you it was pointless to invest in the lantern right now and you went ahead and did it anyways so you really only have yourself to blame :P
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago i mean, everyone was telling you it was pointless to invest in the lantern right now and you went ahead and did it anyways so you really only have yourself to blame :P
Well he could have explored Crystal Peaks a little bit...
bbbrrr_it_cold
Always ambivalent, always lurking...
First name: Quagsire

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago i mean, everyone was telling you it was pointless to invest in the lantern right now and you went ahead and did it anyways so you really only have yourself to blame :P
See, I COMPLETELY disagree. First and foremost, just having it means that if there are any dark areas in the future, raocow can explore them right away. But secondly, it also gives him more options, even if that really just means he can actually get into Crystal Peaks. Again, not that he seems intent on going there now, but just because he isn't doing something with it right away doesn't make it a bad investment. (

And I, for one, would rather him be safe than sorry when it comes to accidentally getting stuck in Deepnest.

)

Also, that black tendril thing is the source of a joke between my friends and I. Long story short, thanks to a particular Castlevania game literally having the ability to push boxes being a power-up, I call those tendrils "boxes"

and I call the (eventual) means to mitigate them "the box pusher."

I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
I have a youtube (currently only with stream highlights): (Don't watch it)
I have a twitter (where I say just about nothing): (Don't follow it)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

what is the bank lady trying to achieve here

no one that isnt hostile is gonna be around

and the hostile ones are either feral, zombies, or both
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

the bank lady doesn't have any other stands btw just the one but it's pretty conveniently located so

and regarding fog canyon

shh please nobody spoil raocow on what happens with the bank lady i'm so excited to hear him sound betrayed

i've honestly never played a video game in my life
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

I think the purpose of pricing the lantern so high amongst a lot of other less expensive and seemingly more immediately useful items and charms is to slightly deter a first-time player from purchasing it right away. It opens up a lot more areas and could lead to confusion or a feeling of being overwhelmed by choice. But obviously it's there if someone really wants to purchase it or if someone wants it for a second playthrough to see where they can get to early on.

This game gives the player an immense amount of choice in where they want to go, maybe almost too much choice at times. But that feeling of personalized exploration I got while playing is unlike any other game I can recall in recent memory.

Don't forget you can use Right Stick to move the camera up and down and look to see if a jump is safe before you leap.

edit: ^^^ everyone here knows not to spoil anything to raocow so why even bother alluding to something? Also, maybe he'd have liked to discover that about the bank himself. i know you're excited he's playing the game but he can explore and discover on his own too.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Yeah, I'm not trusting Millicent with my money either,

especially if her fate is as horrible as everyone's suggesting.

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Maybe the bank lady works like in Majora's Mask, and you'll get rewards for saving enough?

Though, since you cannot commit bank fraud via time travel in this game, saving your money with would only be worthwhile if she gives interest.

Also, I think you can just buy your 4th piece of heart mask in town, now.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Millibelle
Seems like she's like the protagonist's mom from Pokemon in generation 2 games, in that she protects your Geo from loss.

And if you find her after she runs away you can reclaim your Geo with "interest".
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

The game designers made a (very slight) mistake: you can try to gate off an item or area with money to encourage players to wait until their income gets to that level, but to some players, that looks like "this isn't gated off (so my primary task is to grind the money for it)".
FPzero

Post by FPzero »

I don't think it's a mistake because if they really wanted to gate the player they would've made it show up after a certain amount of time or in a shop somewhere else underground, far away from all the other early purchases. But by leaving it there it becomes available to all types of player, and if someone really wants to buy it early on like raocow did, then they can. This game gets very open about its exploration and player choice, and this is just one of those moments.
bbbrrr_it_cold

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Re. the "Fragile" charms: the in game description in your charm menu (as in once you've bought them) will tell you exactly what "Fragile" means. That's one thing I will say I really don't like - many things do tell you specifically what they do but some of the item descriptions (especially in shops) are a bit too vague for my liking. Then again, I hear that's just more of the Souls style bleeding in...
I have a twitch (where I try to stream most Tuesday and Friday nights): (Don't watch it)
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

You have enough notches to equip one of those other two charms now, the circle next to the equipped charms just means you can equip more. The circles beneath them are what shows how many notches you're using and have free.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

I just don't trust that Leg Eater Guy, and not just because his charms are suspect.

On the other hand, those Shrumal Warriors were quite a riot the way they scream at you.
Koops

Post by Koops »

About the Lumafly Lantern you can buy for 1800 Geo. A friend and I were curious about how far you can go when buying the Lumafly Lantern as early as possible.
We eventually bought it after some grinding, without having any powerups. It turns out that you can only reach the part where you get the dream nail and nothing more. You have to take the stagway back to get out of there. They sealed off the exit that usually goes down from the graveyard.
Hollow Knight really seems to have thought about every possible path any player might take. The exploration aspect is well thought out, which makes it a great game in my opinion.
FPzero

Re: HOLLOW KNIGHT - The Deadly Mantis

Post by FPzero »

You should've kept going in the room at 5:45 because it was the other side of a room with a gate switch you saw last episode. Just because you enter a room and fill it all out on the map doesn't mean you've always explored the whole room already.
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

FPzero wrote: 5 years ago You should've kept going in the room at 5:45 because it was the other side of a room with a gate switch you saw last episode. Just because you enter a room and fill it all out on the map doesn't mean you've always explored the whole room already.
Yep it'll be really annoying later otherwise...
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

hmm, this is the second time now where the map makes it look like I've done a room when I didn't
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I imagine you'll figure it out next time on your own so I'll spoiler it but a quick thing about the wall jump controls,

you can keep wall jumping against the same wall to climb it, you don't need to go back and forth like most other metroidvania wall jumps

FPzero

Post by FPzero »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago hmm, this is the second time now where the map makes it look like I've done a room when I didn't
To be fair, this is probably the kind of thing you might have remembered had you seen both sides of the room in the same session. Playing in short bursts does have some disadvantages in a game like this. You did remark that the room didn't look familiar to you, so maybe if this happens again in the future you should move through it until something in the room does look familiar.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Actually I think the Baldur Shell would be the best badge for you. You say you want more magic, but the you never use your hadoken as your first choice on enemies who consistently hit you.
And I don't think the multi-dash if very useful for exploring new areas.

The Baldur Shell protects you while trying to heal, which means much more breathing room when fighting bosses, who can surprise you at any time.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
bbbrrr_it_cold

Post by bbbrrr_it_cold »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Actually I think the Baldur Shell would be the best badge for you. You say you want more magic, but the you never use your hadoken as your first choice on enemies who consistently hit you.
And I don't think the multi-dash if very useful for exploring new areas.

The Baldur Shell protects you while trying to heal, which means much more breathing room when fighting bosses, who can surprise you at any time.
Two things.
First, this is clearly coming from someone who has not played this game and tried to use that particular badge. In case raocow decides he wants to experiment with it, I won't say anything further.
Second, as I stated in the op, I'd be very appreciative of people keeping UNSOLICITED ADVICE to a minimum, even if it isn't spoilery. Let raocow play the game as he wants, experimenting on his own as he sees fit. If he's doing something wrong, let the game punish him for it. Because, trust me, it will.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

bbbrrr_it_cold wrote: 5 years agoSecond, as I stated in the op, I'd be very appreciative of people keeping UNSOLICITED ADVICE to a minimum, even if it isn't spoilery.
You could also just let raocow speak for himself. If he has a problem with it he's perfectly free to ask people to cut down on it. Iso's La-Mulana 2 videos have been plagued with someone doing that shit for weeks and it's done nothing but piss people off.