(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by Ditocoaf »

strongbadman wrote: 5 years ago If raocow can beat Lamulana with very minimal hints, with less than 10 episode zeroes (IE an episode where no progress is made) then I will take back every bad thing I've said about the game. That minimal hints thing is a very important caveat.
That's impossible to test unless raocow entirely seals himself from the Youtube comments and the talkhaus thread. You've gotta know that from the very first puzzle, there'll be a deluge of small hints and/or warnings that combine to extensively explain every detail. I'm sure he'll be careful to avoid spoilers as well as he can, but I wouldn't demand total isolation from his audience.

Even so, I do think the blind La Mulana LP is a good idea. It'll be fascinating to see raocow play a game that so heavily features his biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses. Even if he ends up having to change his approach to the LP, it'll be worthwhile as a unique thing to try.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I really need to get around to making that list of unfinished LPs (for various reasons).
Another one is Clarence's Big Chance. That one stands out becuase, I really don't know why it stopped? Maybe because in a PM to rao, I warned there was a chance the ending could become very PG-14.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

I had figured Clarence was just a quick one-off video.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago I really need to get around to making that list of unfinished LPs (for various reasons).
Another one is Clarence's Big Chance. That one stands out becuase, I really don't know why it stopped? Maybe because in a PM to rao, I warned there was a chance the ending could become very PG-14.
That one stopped because raocow's cookies kept being cleared or something and the game just would not save progress.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years agoThat's impossible to test unless raocow entirely seals himself from the Youtube comments and the talkhaus thread. You've gotta know that from the very first puzzle, there'll be a deluge of small hints and/or warnings that combine to extensively explain every detail. I'm sure he'll be careful to avoid spoilers as well as he can, but I wouldn't demand total isolation from his audience.

Even so, I do think the blind La Mulana LP is a good idea. It'll be fascinating to see raocow play a game that so heavily features his biggest strengths and biggest weaknesses. Even if he ends up having to change his approach to the LP, it'll be worthwhile as a unique thing to try.
As long as people aren't outright spoiling things for him I don't think getting guidance from comments is a particularly bad thing anyways. In Iso's case it helped him spend less time stuck on things while not simply giving him the answer either. Make for a more enjoyable lp overall in my opinion.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago
Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years agoThat's impossible to test unless raocow entirely seals himself from the Youtube comments and the talkhaus thread. You've gotta know that from the very first puzzle, there'll be a deluge of small hints and/or warnings that combine to extensively explain every detail. I'm sure he'll be careful to avoid spoilers as well as he can, but I wouldn't demand total isolation from his audience.

As long as people aren't outright spoiling things for him I don't think getting guidance from comments is a particularly bad thing anyways. In Iso's case it helped him spend less time stuck on things while not simply giving him the answer either. Make for a more enjoyable lp overall in my opinion.
My prediction is that people will try not to spoil, but there'll be enough hints that they'll add up to exact instructions.

For example, one person says "If you get stuck you should maybe spend time in Y region" and another person says "I won't spoil it, but X is the puzzle you can solve right now" and another person says "I won't tell where it is or why you want it, but keep your eyes open for something like Z". None of them are spoilers by themselves, but between them, they've told raocow "To solve X you need to go to Y and find Z".

But that might still be better than raocow getting 100% stuck somewhere, or looking at outside guides. He can probably peek at the comments ever-so-slightly to control the trickle of hints that actually reach him, and then open that door more the more he needs help.
tirakai

Post by tirakai »

That's already happened with Celeste hasn't it? I think it was Celeste anyway, where he talked in a video about lots of people making different hints at this one thing which together explained exactly what it was.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

That was for a nonessential challenge he shouldn't do anyway and he wouldn't even know about without being outright told to do it.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

The guidance given to Iso is a lot more reasonable than that given to raocow, because Iso has a pretty small viewership. I guess that's one advantage to it.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

To be honest after raocow solved Celeste's decrypt-the-birds puzzle for the Heart in Reflection, I'm way more confident in his ability to beat La-Mulana, so long as he's willing to do exactly what he did in that one: Rely on his own past footage from uploads in order to cross-reference things. La-Mulana is definitely a game where pausing the recording, looking up a thing, and restarting the recording is likely the best course of action rather than trying to solve things live, unless it's a single-room puzzle - raocow showed that he works fine with those in live recording mode in Full Boar.

I think that makes the most sense as a strategy, anyway. But we're getting way ahead of ourselves - just because LM2 is out now, doesn't mean raocow is gonna get to the original this year! It's already August, Hollow Knight is huge, RKS&F is two megamans long, and Rayman Origins isn't exactly a small game either.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years agoMy prediction is that people will try not to spoil, but there'll be enough hints that they'll add up to exact instructions.
Yeah, that's admittedly a much bigger concern for raocow than someone like Iso due to viewerbase size differences. With Iso's base it's easier for everyone to know what everyone else has already said. I tend to say the most but I also frequently (but not always) don't even watch the video until like 14-20 hours after its been uploaded giving others plenty of time to say their piece first and Iso time to have possibly already figured out what I was saying on his own.
Last edited by Alice 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago To be honest after raocow solved Celeste's decrypt-the-birds puzzle for the Heart in Reflection, I'm way more confident in his ability to beat La-Mulana, so long as he's willing to do exactly what he did in that one: Rely on his own past footage from uploads in order to cross-reference things. La-Mulana is definitely a game where pausing the recording, looking up a thing, and restarting the recording is likely the best course of action rather than trying to solve things live, unless it's a single-room puzzle - raocow showed that he works fine with those in live recording mode in Full Boar.

I think that makes the most sense as a strategy, anyway. But we're getting way ahead of ourselves - just because LM2 is out now, doesn't mean raocow is gonna get to the original this year! It's already August, Hollow Knight is huge, RKS&F is two megamans long, and Rayman Origins isn't exactly a small game either.
Taking a billion screenshots would be wise, because scrubbing through footage constantly would waste too much time.
e: Well a video IS a billion screenshots. Shut up though.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Yeah screenshots >>> footage, footage is useless tbh & the game expects you to be taking lots of notes anyways
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

just an FYI: hollow knight DLC is out tomorrow & it looks like jiggly zone has at least one ep left so yeah hollow knight should be good to go right after that ends
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm glad it's out tomorrow then, I do want to have a couple days of let to make sure everything is available
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

I just purchased the game and my computer can run it :O :O :O at least the title screen
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

raocow wrote: 5 years ago I just purchased the game and my computer can run it :O :O :O at least the title screen
Are you on some potato from 1998? Hollow Knight isn't QUITE on the level of Crysis. :lol:
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

The Doctor wrote: 5 years ago I'd rather raocow move on to the next game than spend several episodes combing through every single level that he's already beaten to get some coins that are really not worth it.
(This isn't meant as a direct response to The Doctor, it's just what inspired this post. Apologies for the ping!)

So I forget if I've mentioned this here on the forums, but I've been working with Darkonius and the rest of the MLDA team to put together a remastered version of Delightful Adventure with updated bosses and other improvements before the LP. It's still not done yet, but when I asked about how long the Wario Land 3 LP would take in the spotzone folks gave an estimate of around 2 months.

But raocow's been going at a pretty steady rate of around 3 chests per video, and I'm in agreement with the majority of folks apparent consensus in the LP thread that rao shouldn't extend the playthrough just to hunt down the music coins. Does the 60-70 video estimate still hold up? If it only lasts 30 to 40 videos our schedule is considerably tighter -- especially since I've got to balance this stuff with my college capstone project -- so now's probably the best time to ask: if it comes down to it, what's the likelihood of Last Impact or one of the other A-side games getting bumped up, and if it is doable, how would everyone feel about such a change?

Just to give an idea of how much has been done and what still needs doing, 2 of the 3 major bosses and 1 of the 2 standalone cutscenes are roughly finished (still need one last pass for polish and bugfixes) with the third boss at maybe 30 or 40%. Of the 3 remaining bosses, only one has any significant progress in being updated to lua. This is all after a good chunk of time spent adapting some of my existing SMBX2 Beta 4 tech to this Beta 3 project. I'm waiting for the okay from Darkonius to share more proof of our progress but for now here's some footage of one of the mostly-done bosses + the original for comparison:

Again, we don't know for sure whether the extra time will even be necessary. If it starts looking like it will around the time raocow gets fourth music box in WL3 I'll ask then, that's probably enough time for a heads-up. Of course, rao's not obligated to shift things around, and there are other factors as well like patreon poll order. Nonetheless, we're working hard to make sure the game is in as complete and polished a state as it can be by the time it gets LPed and that little extra push, if we end up needing it, would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Rixithechao 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I'd say don't feel like you need to rush to meet the schedule. If you need more time you'll get more time. Hollow Knight was pushed back for the same reason, an update.

Wario Land 3 will go longer or won't depending on whether the player thinks that will make a good playthrough. It shouldn't depend on another game.
raocow

Post by raocow »

yeah like it's cool, if you need more time tell me and I'll bump things around. Indeed Hallow Knight has set the precedent for this kind of thing. I just need to know in advance.
Darkonius64
Dreams of a forgotten reality

Post by Darkonius64 »

Another thing to note is that the "remaster" is also taking care of the level design, graphics, sound effects... Pretty much everything, we've been retesting the whole episode multiple times and fixing more and more stuff, as of now we are focusing on getting the remaining bosses to remake done, after that if we've got time we will apply the other features we had planned (like a level and star tracker) and then eventual polish;

When Delightful Enhanched releases, we will include a detailed doc with all the... "Changelog" stuff, so that it's a bit more clear what changed, just in case!

Thanks for your patience yo, and sorry for popping outta nowhere lol, i don't post in forums anymore, tbh, i apologize for that
:bi_pride:
My latest SMBX episode
https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p473070

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://dormivegliagame.com/
raocow

Post by raocow »

In order to give the Delightful team plenty of time, I am SO tempted in replaying the Infinity two-part game. It seems insane to me that I don,t actually have black plague's original game represented on my youtubs
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Oof that would be a very very long LP... I'll watch anything but I kind of doubt they would be worth it
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
This Eye o' Mine
Pronouns: Nah, I'm good

Post by This Eye o' Mine »

I'll just mention that the 8 powers fix/translation is done and up in our thread in the project showcase.
It's 60-something exits, so if you want something to fill 2/3 weeks of time, it's an option. Your choice.
raocow

Post by raocow »

okay that's probably a better idea for a 'delay tactic' since it's something I kinda had to do for a while.

But Infinity is coming back one day, so watch out world!!