(shouting)

Celeste - Everest

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
First name: Violet
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Celeste - K2

Post by 10204307 »

I’m pretty sure Matt himself leaked the existance of the winged golden strawberry to someone.

Of course, people messing around with assist mode would’ve eventually stumbled upon it anyway.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Re: Celeste - Everest

Post by FPzero »

The heart bump was heartbreaking, no pun intended. But you powered through it and beat the game for the 3rd time.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

And about 8C itself, I didn't think to use the diagonal wavedash while on the ground. I think I always got midair before dashing diagonally in this level.

This level does not make it apparent since the dash refresh is disabled in chapter 8, but if you wait long enough between your dash and jump, you will have your dashes back when you charge forward. The same goes for dashing forward and jumping with the dash, which is like a horizontal version of the dash wall jump. And I just noticed that in all three of these moves, there are rings that trail Madeline appearing during the boosted movement.

The bird at the last part doesn't say anything, but just the bird being there is supposed to remind you "hey use that technique I taught you earlier in the level" and I think that's clever.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

FPzero wrote: 5 years agoThe heart bump was heartbreaking
It clearly wasn't though, otherwise it wouldn't have been so sad(ly hilarious).
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Oh hey, I recognize the blue guy! He's Robot from Give Up Robot! I for one am sad that we don't get a bird. Or even an egg.

This game is really good in so many ways and I'm glad I played it, and I'm glad raocow enjoyed it so much.
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

Ogmo looks so cute and squishy in this game....
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

strongbadman wrote: 5 years ago Oh hey, I recognize the blue guy! He's Robot from Give Up Robot! I for one am sad that we don't get a bird. Or even an egg.

This game is really good in so many ways and I'm glad I played it, and I'm glad raocow enjoyed it so much.
I'd like to hope that bartholomew is being saved for the AUS equivalent to Celeste's Jumper
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Well that was the most painful video to watch in awhile.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

good for the 2 people who have decided that this video was "painful to watch" that this is the last-ever video for celeste then
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

me, realizing celeste is over now: a being of sadness

me, realizing that means hollow knight is very very soon: i'm happy now

though i think rao is gonna get to hollow knight before i do because guacalemee 2 comes out in the interim and i'm playing that first for sure

also at the spot you stopped, you have to do a corner jump there, and then like two more corner jumps to go over the top, i don't know if it's possible at all to make it below but maybe

the next room after is the hardest room in the entire level anyways and i kinda doubt you'd get much farther than that if you did even make it there, i wasn't ever able to clear that room until i plugged in a controller, mapped two different buttons to jump, and cheesed the one really hard jump there lol
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ivy wrote: 5 years agogood for the 2 people who have decided that this video was "painful to watch" that this is the last-ever video for celeste then
If you ignore any and all context of why it was painful to watch, sure.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

And so ends Celeste, probably my favorite surprise game of 2018 so far. I picked it up on a whim after hearing lots of good things about it and immediately fell in love with it. I'm glad I got to watch you play through it, through all the good times, bad times, and everything in between.

Thanks for play.
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Man, even though not all the level design is perfect, I'm happy that this game exists. Though in spite of my thirst for challenging platformers, I have to admit that I enjoyed the A-sides the most when playing. I think the atmosphere and music is stronger there overall, and I liked the exploration aspect (besides a couple hearts that I ended up using a guide on). And that story really gave me the warm fuzzies.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

So the team is making one final send-off chapter for the game with new gimmicks, and it's going to be post-C-side difficulty. (Also, C-side levels got a revision for difficulty nerf because they were the least tested before release.) I wonder if you'll revisit that later.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I,d be interested in playing it but playing something that's post c-side raw from not playing for a year might be real rough
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
Pronouns: he/him/his
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

ano0maly wrote: 5 years ago So the team is making one final send-off chapter for the game with new gimmicks, and it's going to be post-C-side difficulty. (Also, C-side levels got a revision for difficulty nerf because they were the least tested before release.) I wonder if you'll revisit that later.
Somebody also made what they're calling a "D-sides" pack in preparation for whatever Matt and Co. are cooking up.
It looks great but difficulty wise... uh... rough.

raocow wrote: 3 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 3 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

#Celeste Chapter 9 has over 100 levels! :D
...we've been detailing them for weeks now😅
HiroshiMishima
Aging Gamer

Post by HiroshiMishima »

Considering how little I cared for the B and C sides when I actually played the game, the idea that any new content is going to fall into that level of difficulty is pretty disheartening. Sorta like "screw the players who wanted more story or approachable content, this is for TASers and pros only" kinda vibe. I dunno, I just.. I loved the main game but absolutely did not care for the "challenge" levels.

I'd be happy to be wrong, but my gut tells me this is what I should be expecting.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I mean, the game's story was told. I'm not sure there's much you could add to it without just making it worse. If you want to play and experience the additional challenge content when you don't feel skilled enough to handle it, that's exactly why assist mode exists.

Also it's literally a free addition, so I can't begrudge whatever the developer decides to put out so long as it doesn't worsen the core game.
HiroshiMishima
Aging Gamer

Post by HiroshiMishima »

Oh trust me, if I do go and have a look Assist Mode will probably get used. That's how I dealt with most of B and all of C. Whatever I may feel about the difficulty, it amazes me to no end that the developer made Assist Mode as wonderful as they did. Normally you see all kinds of restrictions applied to that sorta thing. Like Donkey Kong Country Returns, where the level is not counted as beaten, but uuugh the barrel rocket stages were just so bad...
konaa
ultimate poser

Post by konaa »

I'm very excited for this level pack, I did the A, B, and C sides of Celeste when it came out - and that's extremely rare for me. I will say that I'm a little worried about the upcoming level pack. The C sides were a lot of fun, but ultra short. That makes sense for their difficulty, but if I'm revisiting the game after months it'd be nice if we got full length stages. Things might drag if it's C side difficulty but also longer .
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Farewell is here

So long, Farewell.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Apparently this thing is... sadistic, late C-side vicious. I'm a little concerned that in LP form it may turn out to be like Godmaster, but that's probably just paranoia. Still, better to be braced for a steep, sharp and bracing climb than to go in unprepared.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Feels more like "The Thing That Wouldn't Leave" to me. :monstrosity: :monstrosity: :monstrosity: :monstrosity:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage