(shouting)

COMING UP NEXT now w/ BUCKET.TXT

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Slit08

Re: COMING UP NEXT

Post by Slit08 »

Alright, something else I want to ask since I've not been active on this forum for a long, long time now: Despite the fact that the Megaman C-side project will still take some time to complete do we already know which video game series raocow is going to LP next?

I hope it's either the Sonic games (though I guess that would mean all of the 3D Sonic games as well like Sonic 06?) or the Castlevania games (hopefully including the Bloodstained games which are in the same position as Mighty Nr 9). That being said I hope (and maybe you can comment on that raocow) that at some point in these next few years we will get a Sonic marathon AND a Castlevania marathon since both video game series are fantastic and have a huge variety of awesome (and awful - looking at you Sega and 3D Sonic games - though it has gotten a lot better again these past few years) games.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago Alright, something else I want to ask since I've not been active on this forum for a long, long time now: Despite the fact that the Megaman C-side project will still take some time to complete do we already know which video game series raocow is going to LP next?

I hope it's either the Sonic games (though I guess that would mean all of the 3D Sonic games as well like Sonic 06?) or the Castlevania games (hopefully including the Bloodstained games which are in the same position as Mighty Nr 9). That being said I hope (and maybe you can comment on that raocow) that at some point in these next few years we will get a Sonic marathon AND a Castlevania marathon since both video game series are fantastic and have a huge variety of awesome (and awful - looking at you Sega and 3D Sonic games - though it has gotten a lot better again these past few years) games.
Sonic was considered at one point, but I think rao decided Sonic wasn't his type of game.

And honestly, given that when the series is bad, it is bad, so I can't blame him too much for it anyway.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I prefer not to cement anything in stone because we're talking about things litteraly years in the future at this point
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

How dare you not let me set up my 2023 calendar right this instant
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago
Slit08 wrote: 5 years ago Alright, something else I want to ask since I've not been active on this forum for a long, long time now: Despite the fact that the Megaman C-side project will still take some time to complete do we already know which video game series raocow is going to LP next?

Sonic was considered at one point, but I think rao decided Sonic wasn't his type of game.

And honestly, given that when the series is bad, it is bad, so I can't blame him too much for it anyway.
raocow's more of a 2D guy, though (as evidenced by his Star Road playthrough). And from what I've played of the 2D sonic games, most of them are pretty alright. I could see him enjoying a 2D Sonic marathon.

Actually, one of the reasons including the 3D games would be a bad idea is that the marathon would drag on WAY too long. We're already a year into the Megaman marathon and we're only up to the dark ages.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I suggested it in the other thread but Kirby would be Basically Perfect for this kind of series and not as long either, tho the later games would require like, fancy wii/3DS/switch etc. recording so

Maybe something that's more readily available on PC?
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

About Rosenkreuzstilette, I want to clarify something that was addressed in the latest Patreon vote video. It's not that one game has a Megaman-style character and the other game has a Zero-styled character. It's that each game has a Megaman character and a Zero character.

And I don't know if raocow is and should be playing each game with two characters. The levels are the same for both characters, but they do play quite differently (the Megaman mode does not have

wall jump

, the Zero mode does), and the story is somewhat different, following the same general path but having distinct intro cutscenes and character dialogues.

There is a change in a couple of boss fights in each game, but only one of them is the real focus. I don't agree with playing just that boss level with the Zero character because that would mean jumping into the middle of the game with a more difficult character you're not used to. It should either be just the Megaman character or both. Each game has

8 + 4 + 4 levels (and an intro level that might fit together with the first level after), so that's 16-17 videos per run. Barring episode 0's and stuff, it's 32-34 (about one month) for just Megaman, 64-68 for both characters.

We can refer to All the Megamen series as a reference source. In X4 he played as both X and Zero, whereas in X5 he only played as X. Although, X and Zero aren't as different from each other because

both have wall jump

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

please no more double dips :?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

yeah, essentially playing an entire game twice just to experience minor playstyle differences does not make an interesting LP. X4 is evidence of this
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Slit08

Post by Slit08 »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago yeah, essentially playing an entire game twice just to experience minor playstyle differences does not make an interesting LP. X4 is evidence of this
I completely agree with you on this.
[ img ]http://www.loadthegame.com/wp-content/u ... 4jun14.jpg[/ img ]

Night comes and with it terrible horrors.

The hunt begins!
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

As someone who voted +8 for RKS in the polls, I advise raocow only play the singular stage where there's a different boss in the extra modes (RKSF will need a password iirc) at most. If they at least had special weapons/moves they got for the bosses, i'd argue past this, but they don't. Taking double damage and having to melee would also probably lead to a lot of angrycow, and in I believe one case in RKS (it might have been patched?), there was a boss that was infamously unbeatable unless you forcibly took damage due to the mechanic change.

Honestly i'm just glad that there's at least enough to fill a month or so.
warpio

Post by warpio »

For whatever it's worth, I'm putting my vote in for wanting to see raocow do "all the Kirbys" at some point. That series is just very, very charming and I love every single one of those games even the weird ones like Canvas Curse/Rainbow Curse (although Canvas Curse would be impossible to LP without using an emulator with mouse controls so yeah I can see that one being skipped).

The 3DS games are great as well, especially Planet Robobot. 3DS emulation is getting there and it might be a viable option by then... and I know it's also possible to add capture capabilities to your 3DS through homebrew so that could be an option too (that doesn't work in DS mode btw, so Canvas Curse is still tricky)

The only truly hard Kirby game is Dream Course. The rest of them aren't hard at all but they're the perfect example of "games don't have to be hard to be fun". It's actually kinda similar to Mega Man in that you can change your playstyle and make it harder on yourself by not choosing the intended best ability for each situation, and by playing at a more brisk/reckless pace than necessary just because you can.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

If we're just spitballing C-Side ideas, I honestly feel like a "Most of the Marios" (maybe up the GCN/Wii era, depending on how well raocow's computer can run stuff in Dolphin) series might be pretty good. Would make for some nice, direct contrast between fan-made and Nintendo-made Mario stuff, at least.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

during the last patapon poll, raocow said "no c side suggestions", and vetoed at least 1 suggestion for c side. i suspect this is still the case.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago during the last patapon poll, raocow said "no c side suggestions", and vetoed at least 1 suggestion for c side. i suspect this is still the case.
that's a poll that forces him to play the game, talking about possibilities in a normal non-monetary-obligation context is completely different
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Super Maks 64
Just your usual SMW hacker
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Super Maks 64 »

If I had to vote for a C-Side (purely hypothetical) I would say all the donkey kongs, since practically all of them besides Returns and Tropical Freeze were shoved into A-Side.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Super Maks 64 wrote: 5 years ago If I had to vote for a C-Side (purely hypothetical) I would say all the donkey kongs, since practically all of them besides Returns and Tropical Freeze were shoved into A-Side.
do you really want to see rao play increasingly derivative lemmings games
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I recently pitched "real-life-core all the marios".

The "raocow's played so much mario already that there's not as much to get out of the games" problem and the "real-life core risks missing most of the game" problem solve each other! Imagine the excitement of guessing which games he'll die in two minutes and which games he'll die in the final level.
warpio

Post by warpio »

Ditocoaf wrote: 5 years ago I recently pitched "real-life-core all the marios".

The "raocow's played so much mario already that there's not as much to get out of the games" problem and the "real-life core risks missing most of the game" problem solve each other! Imagine the excitement of guessing which games he'll die in two minutes and which games he'll die in the final level.
Too bad you can't die in Mario is Missing and Mario's Time Machine, and I recall those being fairly long and tedious.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

All the Touhous could be a fun C-side at some point. The games aren't that hard to get through as long as you play on Normal mode, use continues, and have some experience with shmups. Playing the games one stage at a time in stage practice mode could also work well for a C-side where short videos are expected, and it would eliminate any chance of getting seriously stuck anywhere. Extra stages would obviously have to be ignored since learning those is a pretty big time commitment that would not work at all for raocow's LP style or schedule.

It would be interesting to see an LP of the games from an inexperienced but earnest player who knows the game mechanics. Most Touhou gameplay videos tend to either be experienced players who can already 1CC the games or first-time players going in with no idea how the games work for comedic effect, so this would hit a niche somewhere between those.
churine

Post by churine »

I'd be curious about all the [fighting game series of choice] because it'd be interesting to see how would you approach that, and you keep talking about many of them every now and then but never showing how you actually play

I would say all the streets since it's a logical follow-up for megaman but that'd get really weird really fast
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

All the Localized Mothers
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago All the Localized Mothers
So all 3. idk why people want nintendo to make a bad translation of mother 3 when we already have a good one
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
First name: Violet

Post by 10204307 »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago All the Localized Mothers
this includes undertale right
Zach808

Post by Zach808 »

For all these C-side suggestions, is it really necessary to play all the spinoffs? A lot of them (from any franchise) are really not worth playing, especially all the way through. I like the Donkey Kong games, but the Mario Vs. Donkey Kong series not only has almost nothing to do with the DKC games, but they also put me to sleep. At least something like Mega Man DOS would kinda fit in with the main series if they didn’t fuck it up.