(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Mega Man X5 - The End of the Mega Man X Series

Post by Kilgamayan »

Yeah, no one is gonna find me defending the stage.

...At least Dark Hold is a thing that exists! <_<

Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

With word about how parts and abilities can stack, I kinda wanna see just how fast I can make the Gaia Armor.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

xnamkcor wrote: 5 years ago With word about how parts and abilities can stack, I kinda wanna see just how fast I can make the Gaia Armor.
The answer is "no", because the Gaea Armor has a maximum of 0 parts it can equip.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Chirei wrote: 5 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 5 years ago With word about how parts and abilities can stack, I kinda wanna see just how fast I can make the Gaia Armor.
The answer is "no", because the Gaea Armor has a maximum of 0 parts it can equip.
Do you know who the heck I am?
That's right. I'm nobody.

Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

xnamkcor wrote: 5 years ago

I don't understand this exchange or what the video is showing. Is that Gaea Armor somehow using the Ultimate Charge part?
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago
xnamkcor wrote: 5 years ago

I don't understand this exchange or what the video is showing. Is that Gaea Armor somehow using the Ultimate Charge part?
Ironically, that's all except the Ultimate Buster. The full charge immobilises X while being fired, So it would hurt more than it helps. It has to be omitted from the equipped parts if you plan on using rapid fire charge shots.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

With all the upgrades ready and his bulky new gear equipped, Quarterback Charlie X is ready to football tackle Sigma's fortress.

Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

R E F E R E N C E S!
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Man, that level.

I get that the idea was "reference the classic series", but they could have referenced more stages than just Quick Man. And maybe had the Devil change forms into some other fortress bosses or something.

Was this made by someone who always cheesed Quick Man's level with Time Stopper or something, and therefore balanced the stage around the idea that you'd have a timestop weapon?
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Those lasers fire based on proximity, not speed. It's like a more fair version of Quick Man's stage, but the camera's not as nice in a couple of parts. The thing that makes the Shadow Devil hard is that it has multiple patterns that you have to remember, and even I don't remember all of them. The easiest is when it does that low to high one for the first two rows, mix it up for the third, and go back to low to high for the back set.

What's crazy about the part where it stops halfway through its segment attack is that there are two patterns it can do. The easier version has them fly at you from the same height at the same time. Not too bad.

You got the worst of those two in your fight which is the hardest move to avoid in the game. What I don't remember is how the blob patterns go after it stops. Sometimes it continues on as is (4123, 4123, stop/attack, 4123, 4123), but others, the pattern will reverse itself for the second half (3214, 3214 as seen in the second vid).

I'm not sure if that's based on not getting hit like in the second vid compared to how the player did get hit in the first one just like you did with the second variety tonight or not. It's a tough fight, but it's my favorite in this game.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago Those lasers fire based on proximity, not speed. It's like a more fair version of Quick Man's stage, but the camera's not as nice in a couple of parts.
I'm very glad that Megaman 11 has shown to keep the "show the player pretty much all of the relevant parts of the screen" part and even the screen-by-screen scrolling aspects. Makes me wonder that if they ever make a new X game, if they'll at least use some of the former in it.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

Bean wrote: 5 years ago Those lasers fire based on proximity, not speed. It's like a more fair version of Quick Man's stage, but the camera's not as nice in a couple of parts.
I'm very glad that Megaman 11 has shown to keep the "show the player pretty much all of the relevant parts of the screen" part and even the screen-by-screen scrolling aspects. Makes me wonder that if they ever make a new X game, if they'll at least use some of the former in it.
I feel like that'd make it feel like a Mega Man Classic game with a Mega Man X paint job slapped over it. The freeform, continuous scrolling with minimal transitions is one of the major, though not exactly consciously noticeable, mechanics of Mega Man X vs. its predecessor, plus removing it would probably mean removing or gimping the dash and wallkick as well due to those not being particularly suited to Classic's single-screen approach. Not unless you zoom the screen way out, anyway.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Congratulations on having a relatively easy time with this shit stage, raocow :).

I'd like to mention that usually, I play X5 on Xtreme and with unarmored X because it's a complete snoozefest otherwise. Especially Duff McWhalen's stage is turned into something actually enjoyable this way, as I mentioned before.

However, doing the Black Devil under these conditions is a recipe for desaster. The difficulty jumps up so ludicrously high in this fight alone that it's not even close to funny; you obviously take double damage without the armor, and even with you had to use two Subtanks. I am similarly bad at not jumping at the wrong moment (even after a while of practice), and the health bar on extreme is obscene; the fight takes at least three times as long, with as many times where you might make a mistake that will add up to your death.

Oh, and in regards to your question "how am I supposed to dodge this?": I dunno. The end.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

The only ways to dodge the two-sided asymmetrical attack are (a) memorize all of the possible patterns and move as needed once you see which one it is, or (b) fly up to the top of the screen with the Falcon Armor and diddle around a bit while praying. I would link the HideofBeast No-Dash video for this fight (he has a fair amount to say about it) but it contains two other fights after this one and I don't want to spoil anything. The tl;dr is that the two-sided asymmetrical attack can get fucked six ways from Sunday and everything else is fine, particularly when one exploits bad hit detection to avoid the tank.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

that was actually really thematically cool
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

This fight is garbage because it's super boring and takes too long.

LOOK AT THAT HEALTH BAR.

Oh and it can decide to keep using the worst attack several times in a row.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Arctangent wrote: 5 years ago I feel like that'd make it feel like a Mega Man Classic game with a Mega Man X paint job slapped over it. The freeform, continuous scrolling with minimal transitions is one of the major, though not exactly consciously noticeable, mechanics of Mega Man X vs. its predecessor, plus removing it would probably mean removing or gimping the dash and wallkick as well due to those not being particularly suited to Classic's single-screen approach. Not unless you zoom the screen way out, anyway.
Well I did just mean the camera work since I mentioned "the former". The only time X doesn't have continuous scrolling is when you go through a boss door.
This Eye o' Mine
Pronouns: Nah, I'm good

Post by This Eye o' Mine »

Oh boy.
That Black Devil boss music sure isn't repetitive at all, and doesn't start getting on your nerves during that long boss fight or anything. Not at all.
A.I.L.L.C.
Natural-born nothing.

Post by A.I.L.L.C. »

Stink Terios wrote:
LOOK AT THAT HEALTH BAR.
The enemy scaling also affects the bosses in the upcoming boss rush, making them HP sponges. It is a friggin' SLOG. And it's even worse if Enigma/Shuttle RNG isn't on your side, or if you try to split the game between X and Zero

and your Zero get put on the bench... on the other team.

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

couldve used the spike armor instead
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

The Zero Viruses are actually something like twice as powerful as the Sigma Viruses. Since you have the Virus Guard, it takes a slew of Sigmas to properly infect you, but only four or so Zeros.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Last stage was a Quickman remake, this one is a MMX Sigma 1 remake.

Gonna point out again that you actually have infinite lives in this game.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Hoo boy, that fight didn't look good at all. Those side spikes look just plain unfair.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago couldve used the spike armor instead
yeah was gonna say, dunno why you opted for the falcon armor when the gaea armor would've just

nullified 90% of the challenge entirely
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago
Grounder wrote: 5 years ago couldve used the spike armor instead
yeah was gonna say, dunno why you opted for the falcon armor when the gaea armor would've just

nullified 90% of the challenge entirely
to be fair, the Gaea Armor redistributes the challenge to the beginning of the level