(shouting)

Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Giik

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Septentrion Pleiades

Post by Giik »

This fight is an example of why I don't really seek out a lot of bullet hell games. The late-game patterns go from "cool and creative with an obvious, if tight, flow to them" all the way to "Dodge your way through TV static". Granted, this game seems to hold off on the latter patterns for a long time; the majority of the fights seemed mostly enjoyably dodge-able. And even then, most of Irisu's attacks were of the former, but there's enough bullshit to be just like uuuugh.
MarthX

Post by MarthX »

All the attacks have a trick to them. For instance, the one where she fills the screen with tiny blue bullets. All you have to do is not move and nothing will hit you. The attack is meant to make you panic.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

man, that thing they call an SP fight.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I tried SP Battle 3 briefly as well and was no more interested in actually clearing it than I was for SP Battle 1. Kudos to you if you actually completed any of them.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Appropriate thread title.

Actually not really because although this game does have anime tits in it they're not really abnormally big
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I found SP1 and 2 trivially easy, SP3 kicked my ass for a bit tho cause of the damn healing factor, be interesting to see how raocow does.

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Mata Hari wrote: 5 years ago Appropriate thread title.

Actually not really because although this game does have anime tits in it they're not really abnormally big
Lol

sadly there aren't that many people that will get that post anymore

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

The buff and debuff section is in the Diary submenu - as you probably figured out, the Mortality debuff deletes your invincibility frames, which includes the ones provided by bunny amulet and super carrot.
But man, you did pretty good

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

But you CAN amulet through the attacks if you don't get hit with mortality first.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

I don't know if the second SP boss has a food punish mechanic, but the third one does.

If you use any kind of food, they'll permanently get 99 Reflect and 300 Revenge for the rest of the fight, basically dooming the run unless you can complete the rest of the fight with essentially 1 hitpoint.

It's not stated anywhere, but there actually is a reward for beating the SP bosses. Each one beaten will increase the number of max-ups you can buy at the store. Sadly you still have to farm money to buy them, but it looks like you don't need to to beat these bosses anyway if you could beat Cocoa SP with what you have.

I should note that since you've decided to use the Carrot Shooter, it's pretty strong if you're comfortable with being at low health. Starting from 50% of Erina's maximum HP, it will start getting stronger, up to +200% extra damage at 1 HP. Given how low you were at for most of the video, it really shows how effective it is by how fast Cocoa's health was shaving off. Maybe try the Crisis Boost badge with it if you really want to keep dishing out the damage.
Stink Terios

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Unyaaaaaa~

Post by Stink Terios »

Oh wow, I somehow forgot about this gimmick. I'm not sure if I've beaten the SP bosses yet.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So in noticed in the pause menu, the page listing all the moves, there is still one move of Erina's listed as ?????. Is that from the Erina Badge?

Remember to buy more Pack Up so you can have more badges!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago Remember to buy more Pack Up so you can have more badges!
I think Pack Up is actually the only one that doesn't increase for clearing the postgame/sp bosses. You only get 5, and then 5 more for beating Noah. The only way to get any more is to New Game+, so this means raocow has all the ones from the shop.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

i mean, there are wild pack ups raocow has yet to find
i was at 99 BP with all pack ups hidden across the map + all the ones in the shop
i also don't think it'd really be worth it to go around looking for them though
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

if he's only missing a couple, i see no harm in hinting to or telling him where they're at
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
MarthX

Post by MarthX »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago So in noticed in the pause menu, the page listing all the moves, there is still one move of Erina's listed as ?????. Is that from the Erina Badge?

Remember to buy more Pack Up so you can have more badges!
Nope.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago if he's only missing a couple, i see no harm in hinting to or telling him where they're at
I'd argue that, between the Strange Box and the information provided on the map screen in the Pause menu, the game does plenty to guide players to what they're missing. Please don't just outright spoil item locations, that's rude
I don't really get it but okay
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

officially dropping this series

see yall in hollow knight or w/e
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Grounder wrote: 5 years ago officially dropping this series

see yall in hollow knight or w/e
see you in a week, iirc
unless Is The Order a DLC is much, much harder than I'm estimating...
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Points for realizing you had to remove the Ultimate Buster part Ribbon Badge in order to more easily clear that red and orange pattern.

It seems the punishing mechanic for this one is healing + Quad Damage, then it becomes x8 damage if you heal again too quickly. By that logic, I guess the next boss will also heal when you eat as well on top of what I know they do.

For the record, I don't think anyone really asked or expected you to do these and just go straight to the DLC, so thank you for going out of your way to try them. That's a lot more than a lot of the people watching or have played the game were willing to do (me included).
Crow

Post by Crow »

for future consideration for these bosses:
the healing items probably aren't worth it EXCEPT for the donut, which heals very little but acts as at least a few extra hits since you get revived + another survival instinct, the other healing items seem to not be worth it
anyways all of these bosses seem pretty dumb, glad i never bothered trying any of them lol
MarthX

Post by MarthX »

I'm partially amazed nobody has yet to bug raocow about the hex cancel badge. Which is one of the best in the game I feel.

If you want a hint where to find it:

Around the bottom of the Sky-High Bridge Area. It's pretty hidden and for good reason.

Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Rabi-Ribi - UFO

Post by Kilgamayan »

Rabi-Ribi vore rofl

This is probably going to sound crazy hypocritical, but I'm surprised at the number of people getting pissed at the game for these fights. It's one thing to get frustrated while actually playing for oneself, but these are people just watching someone else do it (and eventually succeed, no less). Like, after everything we've seen so far, and everything we know about what the Elevens love to do with danmaku games, how easy did people expect purely optional post-post-game fights to be?
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years ago This is probably going to sound crazy hypocritical, but I'm surprised at the number of people getting pissed at the game for these fights. It's one thing to get frustrated while actually playing for oneself, but these are people just watching someone else do it (and eventually succeed, no less). Like, after everything we've seen so far, and everything we know about what the Elevens love to do with danmaku games, how easy did people expect purely optional post-post-game fights to be?
I have no idea what it is, but when people hate this game, they often go the full mile.

I'm personally mixed on this game, mostly because it does some interesting and fun things, but not in the aesthetic or style i'm 100% comfortable with. I'm just trying to enjoy the ride, since this is what people voted for and raocow seems to be (mostly) enjoying it. It makes little sense to be hating on that front because the game gives you way more tools than some other things (cough Distorted Travesty), and as a testament to that, there hasn't been a single "part 0" so far.

That said, I heard SP3 has less health than the other two, but I don't know if that's actually true. If he takes about 2 hours to beat each boss, i'd say that's pretty good for what these fights are.
Crow

Post by Crow »

i don't hate this game, lol, it's decent for the most part but some of its boss designs (and some of its platforming in the postgame/dlc areas) are questionable at best