(shouting)

Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chirei

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Strange Will

Post by Chirei »

MarthX wrote: 5 years ago I'm not sure if I would consider the final dlc boss to be harder than the final post game boss.
That's probably a good thing, then. The difficulty right now seems just about right if not sometimes knocking on the door of the uncomfortable side.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Baron Vladmu

Post by Kilgamayan »

Your interpretation was, unfortunately, correct. This entire section of the overarching Irisu subplot is pretty gross (as much as it is an interesting twist that she's the UPRPRC leader).

For reference, the upcoming section has a secret escape route in case the player isn't doing so well and wants to fall back and regroup. You'll know it if/when you find it. I would advise against taking it unless you really need it, because once you move away to do anything of significance you can't get back through and need to restart from the beginning.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Remember people, don't poke your friends in the butt, and make sure to let them save and get food every once in a while.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So there are 3 unique items left in the world to find (one of them being the last food item).

raocow's never used the bomb he has, eh?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

He used the Cocoa Bomb immediately after getting it, and got the >_< achievement.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Oh, we must've reached that part.
Well, I'm sure I'll get around to watching the video eventually, but until then I'm just gonna say that an enemy team leader who never opposes you and is genuinely remorseful *before* being beaten in a fight is a novel concept. One that I hope to see done better someday, by better writers.
I don't really get it but okay
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

oh yeah forgot how Cutscenes this part of the game gets ugh
Kilgamayan wrote: 5 years agoFor reference, the upcoming section has a secret escape route in case the player isn't doing so well and wants to fall back and regroup. You'll know it if/when you find it. I would advise against taking it unless you really need it, because once you move away to do anything of significance you can't get back through and need to restart from the beginning.
yeah this is why i warned to just use the autosave before the boss

i'm glad we're getting reasonably close to the end of the game now though, i'm excited for hollow knight and celeste, my goty's for 2017 and 2018 respectively lol

raocow that thing in the house you get after completing the next chapter, just fyi
also please, PLEASE get cakes at least omg
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Maybe now is a good time to find a couple more upgrades, while earning some money at the same time.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Filbi
A Hobbit
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Filbi »

I like how you fight the "final" boss halfway through the game and then do a bunch of fetch quests.
I change this sig every year for Advent
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

This is the most drawn out Sakuya x Reisen fanfic ever
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Gears of the Past

Post by Kilgamayan »

The forest green section of Rabi Rabi Ravine is part of the second wave of DLC and can't be properly accessed until after the postgame is cleared. (You probably didn't notice it before because it didn't exist until after you got all of the DLC.) You can't really do anything there other than what you've done so far, so you might as well finish off exploring the main Ravine area (I think you're still missing a couple of screens,like immediately underneath the Teleport, but I could be wrong) before heading to town to load up for the Library.

As a reminder, the Gold Carrot regenerates when used, but you have to trek all the way back to the top of the Icy Summit to get it again.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

would it be wise for someone to give him general hints to the rest of the badges he's failed to collect, for if he desires help?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I'm pretty sure there is something hidden in Evernight Peak, in one of the 'holes' of the map. Should be accessed through a fake wall on the right side (which was revealed by a carrot bomb that went right through it).
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow

Post by Crow »

local cow spends 15 minutes being very confused
yeah this game is not great at letting you know the difference between what you can and can't actually get to
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

SAJewers wrote: 5 years ago would it be wise for someone to give him general hints to the rest of the badges he's failed to collect, for if he desires help?
I only know that there is one badge he may be interested in the Sky Castle area, but I do not remember roughly where it is.

Also, taking off Lucky Seven made it occur to me that the badge, on numerical average, is a ~6% damage increase. However, if using many small hits like Sunny Beam and just things like the small after-hits of the Bunny Strike being more numerous, the damage increase is in reality even less, i'd even say it's as low as 1% because it would be a nightmare to put any effort in to make sure that only big hits land every 7th hit, especially with how many DoT attacks you can stack on. So good call on the cow man for swapping it out for Stamina Plus (which I actually never found).
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Chirei wrote: 5 years agoAlso, taking off Lucky Seven made it occur to me that the badge, on numerical average, is a ~6% damage increase. However, if using many small hits like Sunny Beam and just things like the small after-hits of the Bunny Strike being more numerous, the damage increase is in reality even less, i'd even say it's as low as 1% because it would be a nightmare to put any effort in to make sure that only big hits land every 7th hit, especially with how many DoT attacks you can stack on. So good call on the cow man for swapping it out for Stamina Plus (which I actually never found).
It'd be a much better badge if they changed it to something like 7% or 777% damage on every seventh hit. Then the damage up would be noteworthy for the cost while also having a notable penalty to balance it out some.
Chirei

Post by Chirei »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago It'd be a much better badge if they changed it to something like 7% or 777% damage on every seventh hit. Then the damage up would be noteworthy for the cost while also having a notable penalty to balance it out some.
It should be noted that if the opposite were to happen and you were a player that could somehow mostly make it so that your 7th hit was something big, it would be like 20%+ damage increase on average due to how lopsided individual hit numbers are. However, none of this takes into account the damage lost by just not doing straight pouring on as much damage and hits in general. I don't actually think anyone does this due to the complexity required for not much reward.

I don't actually know why I just went into such a needlessly analytical aside in a game about bunnies and the lack thereof. Just return to your regularly scheduled destroy the world programming, everyone.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Septentrion

Post by Kilgamayan »

I myself would prioritize Lucky Seven over the drill hammer cancel badge or the collision damage reduction badge, but I trained myself pretty early on to mash the hammer button exactly four times before getting the hell out of Dodge, so it worked out better for me that way.

(You ended up missing the secret escape, by the way, though it doesn't really matter now. Go figure that it was behind, like, the very first suspicious wall all game that you outright ignored.)

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

This entire episode was pretty much scream at raocow: the game
The first seconds of tomorrow's video are going to be funny

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So do the blue areas DO anything?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Not as far as I could tell. They seem to simply be decorative, as well as illuminating certain areas in order to give you a clearer picture of what you need to overcome next.

EDIT: It occurs to me that I have no idea what I would do for a thread title if there's a failure episode tomorrow. The most logical choice of the stuff remaining would be Choker Joker, but that seems unnecessarily cruel.

EDIT 2: Wait nvm I'm an idiot and know exactly what I would use

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow

Post by Crow »

screams at raocow to use the amulet during the platforming
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago So do the blue areas DO anything?
Entering them doesn't do anything and there's no concrete meaning to their placement, but they draw your attention to areas you might want to reach or pass through to aid both planning and on-the-fly decision making in several of the complicated areas. It tends to work; I was still subconsciously aiming for them even after concluding they had no effect.
I don't really get it but okay
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Using the amulet in this area makes things soooo much easier, and turning off the clover to save food of course. I suppose it's nice the game has quick loading tho, otherwise this would have been quite the angercow video I think.

Also er... can't wait for raocow to facepalm when he sees the healing station in the next room...
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

one hour twenty six minutes
the chillaxest of dragonsImage