(shouting)

Wariowl Landspear 2 - District of Columbia

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Re: Wario Land 2 - Wyoming

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Flagman DD is one of those weird byproducts that is most likely a remnant of a time when Nintendo were very much into recycling Game&Watch games and reminding people that Game&Watch were a thing that existed. Ball in Game Boy Camera, the whole Game&Watch gallery series, Mr G&W in Melee, and so on.

BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

That final level with its emphasis on separated body parts does kind of foreshadow the weird body-humor of Warioware, as does Flagman DD the many "toys" that come in every WW game. A significant shortfall of noses, however.
SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

And that's the story of how Wario became roommates with the Giant Spearman.
Kitsune Zeta

Re: Wariowl Landspear 2 - District of Columbia

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

So with today's video, raocow has 100%'d the game - all stages cleared, all endings obtained, all treasure obtained, and all map pieces obtained.

Which brings me to one thing mentioned way back near the start of the thread (which I did address earlier, but overzealous mods thought I was spoiling the entire game apparently):
Nimono wrote: 6 years ago EVERY level has a treasure. Every single one. No need to point out specific chapters, since... well, I'm sure you know why. :P
The Really Final Chapter is the ONLY stage in the entire game to NOT have a treasure... which makes sense, since one of the requirements for it is to have every treasure in the game.

So the next game in the Wario Land series does continue with the "Puzzle Stages with an immortal Wario" style of Wario Land 2. It also incorporates, so to speak, one of the features of Wario Land 1 that flat-out didn't happen in Wario Land 2. If/When raocow gets around to that, it's gonna be good.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

so long, spear controlboy

i can't wait for raocow to play owlboy
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Kitsune Zeta wrote: 5 years ago So with today's video, raocow has 100%'d the game - all stages cleared, all endings obtained, all treasure obtained, and all map pieces obtained.

Which brings me to one thing mentioned way back near the start of the thread (which I did address earlier, but overzealous mods thought I was spoiling the entire game apparently):
Nimono wrote: 6 years ago EVERY level has a treasure. Every single one. No need to point out specific chapters, since... well, I'm sure you know why. :P
The Really Final Chapter is the ONLY stage in the entire game to NOT have a treasure... which makes sense, since one of the requirements for it is to have every treasure in the game.

So the next game in the Wario Land series does continue with the "Puzzle Stages with an immortal Wario" style of Wario Land 2. It also incorporates, so to speak, one of the features of Wario Land 1 that flat-out didn't happen in Wario Land 2. If/When raocow gets around to that, it's gonna be good.
Doesn't Donkey Kong Country 3 make you get all of something to access an area, then gives you more of that thing to get in the new area?
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

... yeah I think that seals it, somewhere in the future the talkhaus is going to be sent back and time and forced to make a Wario collab game to fulfill the time loop and return home.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Ahh, the idyllic days back when Nintendo wasn't afraid to randomly traumatize little kids. This level's flippin' horrifying. The only way to make it more traumatic would be to have the timer count downwards.

I'm a little sad this video wasn't "the really final giant spear guy"
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Classtoise »

I don't think I've ever seen a good game miss the landing that... Uniquely. So kudos for that.
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

The fact that there's a timer at all is stressful considering that "time" didn't have a presence for the entire rest of the game
video games
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

This really is an official romhack, eh. The use of stupid moves that you never use in the main game, the weirdly precise and sometimes terrible platforming, and even the inside-flesh imagery. This level has it all
Kitsune Zeta wrote: 5 years ago So the next game in the Wario Land series does continue with the "Puzzle Stages with an immortal Wario" style of Wario Land 2. It also incorporates, so to speak, one of the features of Wario Land 1 that flat-out didn't happen in Wario Land 2. If/When raocow gets around to that, it's gonna be good.
WL3 is apparently 4 games down the line in the A side, so look forward to it in the not extremely distant future. Even the virtual boy one is on the list!
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

FINOWL
Blue wrote: 5 years ago Ahh, the idyllic days back when Nintendo wasn't afraid to randomly traumatize little kids. This level's flippin' horrifying. The only way to make it more traumatic would be to have the timer count downwards.

I'm a little sad this video wasn't "the really final giant spear guy"
My thoughts exactly, this level slots into the same category as the N64 Zeldas and the Mother series. Totally makes up for the milquetoast haunted house chapter. It comes out of nowhere and receives no explanation, and I love it. Even with its obtuse and broken gameplay, I like it a lot more than the rest of the game's "look, a room with coins in it!" approach to level design.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Leet wrote: 5 years ago FINOWL
squirm.png
squirm.png (165.76 KiB) Viewed 4813 times
delet this
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

raocow doing the entire Wario series reminded me of when he played Psycho Waluigi, and when I went to peek at that I was appalled to discover that was six years ago. How is that possible?

Apparently this is the sort of thing that fires my "makes you feel old" neurons.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Story Time, with Wario Land 4

In conclusion...
While defeating Captain Syrup 5 times... which consisted of 4 treasure thefts (even if 1 one a dream?) and 1 home takeover, Wario has also been collecting pieces of a map. When completed, it points out a cave in a mountain not far from Syrup's old castle.
With Captain Syrup finally defeated, Wario decides to turn the tables, and steal her own treaure. He follows the map to the cave, and goes inside. There, he finds a hellish nightmarescape, designed to scare off any fool who enters, and challenge their platforming skills to the extreme. At the end, lies the last defense: the ever persistent Giant Spear Man.
Wario navigates his way through the death cave, and defeats the Giant Spear Man for the last time. He claim's Captain Syrup HUGE treasure bag, and casually walks (and flies) his way back home. However, having finally recognized his strength, the Giant Spear Man follows Wario home, and joins his side.
THE END.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Post by BuzzNBen »

I regret not adding the Giant Spear Man to Super Mario Bros Doomsday now. Could have made him Wario's bodyguard or something.

Nah.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

If it wasn't already obvious, now truly the Giant Spearman has cemented himself a place in talkhaus collabs. Congrats...?
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Making Giant Spear Man the final postgame boss is honestly a super fun and clever move, and I appreciate this sub-team of Nintendo for doing that.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

AuraLancer wrote: 5 years ago If it wasn't already obvious, now truly the Giant Spearman has cemented himself a place in talkhaus collabs. Congrats...?
This relies on another talkhaus collab ever being finished
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years agoHowever, having finally recognized his strength, the Giant Spear Man follows Wario home, and joins his side.
So Wario won Syrup's treasure and the heart of a giant spear man.
J. J. W. Mezun

Post by J. J. W. Mezun »

I don't know if it's canon, but I always heard that the ending was s'posed to be the Giant Spear Guy following Wario 'cause it decides to become Wario's pet or something.

Also, I forgot how bootleg Wario looks in that "GREAT!" screen.

Today wasn't a bad day; that level's normally that bad. It's not e'en that hard — it's just annoying. The point o' the timer is that the level's s'posed to be a time attack, so the level was made to waste your time as much as possible. Wario Land 3 does this much better.

While I think Wario Land II had some strengths o'er Wario Land 3 ( 'specially having better emphasis on finding money, being mo' colorful, & having odder level themes, exemplified in this level's amazingly surreal graphics sadly wasted on this weak level ), I feel like its level design was less consistent. While some o' Wario Land II's levels had rather clever gimmicks, like the falling rocks level, others felt like the were just there, & then you had levels that are trying too hard, like this or that part where you're s'posed to hop on a rat to get through a spike pit. While Wario Land 3 has some somewhat hard treasures

( I'm curious to see how raocow reacts to a certain late-game owl-control treasure... )

, I don't think any o' them felt like rom-hack levels.
Wenn alle stehen bleiben und anstarren
und sagen, <¿Warum musst du so sein?>,
schaue ich ihnen einfach in die Augen
und sage ihnen, dass ich von Fledermäusen aufgezogen wurde.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

So I haven't been keeping up with this thread for Reasons Trademark Symbol but I think I forgot to post this here:

Also here's the list of the episodes with remix material/collab reference fodder I've been keeping:
owl control: 11, 21, 38, 43, 50, 52
giant spear man: 12, 28, 31, 37, 43, 47, 52
defeat four ducks: 23
jug bonus: 42
BIF: 47

Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

still a beautiful video
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

That was fantastic.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)