(shouting)

Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dragooner

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Pyoa Aaaa

Post by Dragooner »

Voltgloss wrote: 5 years ago since apparently i missed a memo and it's "tell raocow how to play the damn game day," i'm going to tell raocow how to play the damn game:

however the hell you want, man
Sounds pretty accurate.I take this as a good sign though, since many people seem to be very passionate about the game.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

"I can't believe I'm sitting here defending wind of all things but here we are" is something i hope to see raocow say two games from now

also i highly recommend getting max boost, the duration of a max boost is longer than the duration of two normal boosts combined
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

And so Erina and Ribbon prove themselves to be kind of awful, exploitative people.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Running Sandals

Post by Kilgamayan »

404 currency not found

The implication is that wind magic itself makes the user hard to notice, because air. I think it makes a certain kind of sense, at least. It's better than just being a silly unexplained character quirk, anyway.

Saya in general is a good, and has one of the best designs in the game. She also basically gets added to the A-Team of Actually Important People instead of just being a generic conscript, which is good for someone whose gimmick to this point has been what it is.

Anyway, when you're perusing the map for interesting things to do, don't forget that Bear Hoodie girl wants your help finding her sister. (The location is actually outright highlighted and labeled on the map in the usual manner.) There's at least one other "Look for friends here!" highlight elsewhere on the map too.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago "I can't believe I'm sitting here defending wind of all things but here we are" is something i hope to see raocow say two games from now
Would that be

Golden Ridge in Celeste?

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Moves finally incorporated into raocow's regular moveset:
-Dash attack on bosses (even getting max damage by moving back and forth! Nice!)
-Rainbow shot on bosses, while waiting
-Amulet (though could be used more)

Moves yet to see regular use:
-Rainbow Boost (yet to be shown!)
-Hammer roll (not that I actually expect his one to be useful on bosses)
-BIG carrot bomb
-whatever he just bought
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Crow

Post by Crow »

BobisOnlyBob wrote: 5 years ago
Parama wrote: 5 years ago "I can't believe I'm sitting here defending wind of all things but here we are" is something i hope to see raocow say two games from now
Would that be

Golden Ridge in Celeste?

yes, and the other occurrences of wind in that game, it's used to great effect there imo

Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

So, what's up with the Mayonnaise Girls? What are they doing? It's kinda confusing to me :s
ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago-Hammer roll (not that I actually expect his one to be useful on bosses)
It not being terribly useful is exactly why I'd expect raocow to use it more than he does. Maybe he's finally learning?
Dragooner

Post by Dragooner »

Alice wrote: 5 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago-Hammer roll (not that I actually expect his one to be useful on bosses)
It not being terribly useful is exactly why I'd expect raocow to use it more than he does. Maybe he's finally learning?
Upgraded hammer roll is just madness, almost the fastest way to travel, too.

And lets not forget about the hidden tech of hammer roll + updrill, which gives you better SP + MP regen and launches you upwards.

Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago -Rainbow Boost (yet to be shown!)
What DOES it even do?
Dragooner

Post by Dragooner »

About todays video...That attack has nothing to do with new updates.
Shadow erinas hammer drill is stupidly strong, you really do NOT want to get caught in that at all...it's also one of the only attacks that is able to ignore invincibility frames without debuffs and it STUNS(you can't even pause/reload a save/use amulet while being stunned). She serves as a warning that you do not want to come to the stele unprepared.

A few more tools, food, bunny amulet usage or buffs would've helped you out alot. In my opinion, you came here too early with not enough stuff(2 donuts would've probably been enough to just breeze through the fight).

Also yeah,the thing which you won't be able to visit until you beat the game, had a healing spot.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Alternative

Post by Xirix »

Ah you can't amulet out of it? Okay, my youtube comment is invalid now. But yeah food alone would have made this take like, 1-3 tries I reckon. Forgot about the healing spot in the secret place too, oof. Unfortunate.
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

I don't know what was up here, every time I fought this boss it just... kind of melted. Maybe you WERE underprepared.

If you feel like progressing the story again make sure you have 90%+ items, since the next event is gonna be VERY SIGNIFICANT. Now's the time to REALLY explore.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

You can't amulet out of the Hammer Drill? Oof, that IS a nasty attack. If only yours could be that strong. Still an entertaining fight!

-I wonder why Noah was all... melty looking. Is she trying to pull a kidnap and replace on Erina? Why?
-raocow used the amulet twice in one fight now. I consider that enough to cross that off my list I just made yesterday. If only he could accidently use the Rainbow Boost.
-I'm feeling bad omens for Ribbon. I noticed at the end of the boss fight, 'nega'-Ribbon lingered in front of the explosion. And then her hair went from grey to pink. I wonder how raocow will adjust, when Ribbon is inevitably kidnapped.
-I really like these doppleganger fights! Neat preview of moves you can get in the future. There's that air dash from earlier, and what looks like 3 other Ribbon attacks. And maybe a bunch others I missed in the chaos.
-Too bad raocow didn't notice earlier, but when he saw he had a SSS combo rating, is was actually at MAX, just a second before. NICE
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
warpio

Post by warpio »

By this point in my playthrough, I was abusing the hell out of the amulet ability, and there was hardly ever any time during a boss fight when my amulet charges weren't drained and I wasn't waiting for it to fill back up so I could use it again. It's just extremely useful and lets you tank through fights significantly more easily without necessarily learning how to dodge all of their patterns if you abuse it as much as I did (at least in normal mode).
Awoo
~wan~wan
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Awoo »

Sebby19 wrote: 5 years ago -I wonder why Noah was all... melty looking.

Because her body is made entirely out of liquid mana, so she's basically a slime girl.

Serious spoiler: https://rabidb.com/Character?name=noah

Also:

Slime Girls are Best Girls.

ワンワン
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Crow

Post by Crow »

bear girl isn't there because you haven't recruited her yet! remember she asked you to go find her sister before she'd come to town
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

So I just came back to playing the postgame and holy shit

irisu

is actually impossible. Looking forward to seeing raocow's reaction to that.
alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
Crow

Post by Crow »

anonymousbl00dlust wrote: 5 years ago So I just came back to playing the postgame and holy shit

irisu

yeah i still need to be her too but from what i've read she cast a spell that makes -you- get a debuff that causes the instakills, if you deal more than 300 damage to her. i think the intent is that you have to, not do that but it seems like a dumb meme boss regardless

i wish raocow good luck trying to figure that out on his own tho
MarthX

Post by MarthX »

Parama wrote: 5 years ago
anonymousbl00dlust wrote: 5 years ago So I just came back to playing the postgame and holy shit

irisu

yeah i still need to be her too but from what i've read she cast a spell that makes -you- get a debuff that causes the instakills, if you deal more than 300 damage to her. i think the intent is that you have to, not do that but it seems like a dumb meme boss regardless

300 revenge yeah. About 75% through the fight, you can't do more than 300 damage at her with a single hit. But she isn't the first boss that has that buff: An earlier one has a less extreme version of it. I wouldn't call it a meme boss. The player is expected to watch the boss buffs and it isn't a big deal to use lesser powerful attacks. Depending on what attacks you use to begin with, you might never encounter it.

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

irisu

When you get to it I can assure you that this one gimmick is going to be the least of your worries

kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I'm a few days behind, but Nieve's Touhou equivalent is Suwako (even if she's actually based on Ice Climbers):

-Her bear ears resemble Suwako's hat-eyes, and her wide sleeves/overall dress shape are similar to Suwako's
-You have to fight her just because she wants to play with you
-She can go underwater in her fight and beating her gives you the power to move freely underwater (much more frog-like than bear-like)
-She uses Suwako's "Froggy Braves the Elements" spell card
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

irisu

Can't you mitigate most of it through smart badge use?

Crow

Post by Crow »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 5 years ago

irisu

When you get to it I can assure you that this one gimmick is going to be the least of your worries

i mean guys she's instakilling me from the very start of the fight you realize this right